Wariner is back and may threaten 43.19!

albinosprint

Mentor
yuri

you make a good point. he did look great in oslo, but i still think he has lost a bit of his mental edge. he just isn't looking like the JW of last year.

Poacher

Mentor
400 in France today:

Wariner 43.86(!)/ Merritt 44.35

He trounced him.

Bodes well for the Games does it not?

white is right

Hall of Famer
Wow nice. Merritt still hasn't run even that time and this time there is no doubt about who won the race. He now has the psychological hammer on Merritt.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
How quickly things can change. Way to go Wariner. He may be struggling a little this year, but he will win the gold medal at the olympics. It is as close to a sure thing as there is. I really belive that some guys just know how to win big races.

Look at Tyson Gay and then look at Asafa Powell. Who owns who mentally? Gay is cool as ice in the big meets and so is Wariner.

Long live the King, Jeremy Wariner.Edited by: white lightning

albinosprint

Mentor
don't you just love Merritt playing the blame game. "I didn't get the lane I was promised". next he will saying its racism. what a sore loser

G

What bothers me about track and field is Wariner is so dominant and yet he is the only one of his kind. We need someone to emerge in the 100m like Shirvington was 10 years ago.

rob3873 said:
What bothers me about track and field is Wariner is so dominant and yet he is the only one of his kind. We need someone to emerge in the 100m like Shirvington was 10 years ago.

Hopefully, Wariner will become a 2-time 400 meter Olympic gold medalist. Then, hopefully, the great white sprinter will be seen as more than just a "blip on the radar". That should have the effect of fast Caucasians seeing themselves as able to compete successfully. And, maybe more importantly, have the effect of coaches and fans seeing Caucasians as being able to compete successfully. Then fast Caucasians will not move up/be moved up to the middle distances or opt for a "more appropriate" sport if they are not immediately and always winning.

albinosprint said:
don't you just love Merritt playing the blame game. "I didn't get the lane I was promised". next he will saying its racism. what a sore loser

It is probably quite upsetting to LaShawn, and blacks in general, to be consistently beaten by a "white boy". The only explanation must be racism, you know what i'm sayin'. It must be that white people are holding the black man down.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
You can watch the race and the whole meet free over at trackshark.comWariner looked fantastic. He was very smooth for a change. He looked like he could have kept running another 50-100 meters. I think they are finally working on his endurance. You could tell Merritt was pissed.

G

rob3873 said:
What bothers me about track and field is Wariner is so dominant and yet he is the only one of his kind.

No he's not. Andrew Rock should be on the US Olympic team. Instead, he decided to end his career 1 month before trials.

Two white 400 meter runners helping the US take a shot at the 4x400 meter relay world record in the most watched Olympic games ever?

Sorry folks, Andrew Rock had no interest in that. Wariner remains an anomaly, and white guys still can't sprint.

whites have held all 3 world records in the sprints
i remember the zionist garbage of the 1960's when the media jews took the times at altitude and tried to promote them as real times, the world laughed except the rubes in the usa.

borzov had 10.07(100 m record)
borzov had 20.00 (200m record)
juantorena had 44.26 (400m record)

crawford (******* west indian from trinidad broke borzovs 1971 record in 1976)

5 years for the 100m record is not bad for a white sprinter age 20-25.

by the way i can drop alberto juantorena danger's name with out worrying about zionist jews ruining his career, but i would never drop my american friends names from my days in light athletics or it might hurt their businesses/ career> u live in a free country nevada and boy bush/ dickie and donni and the neo-con jews have your best interests at heart

albinosprint

Mentor
TRACK SHARK ARTICLE - MERRITT CRIES FOUL, KIND OF

After his narrow defeat to Jeremy Wariner last weekend in Rome, U.S. 400m champion LaShawn Merritt shared some of his frustrations about how things apparently work off the track.

"I had no say in this race," he said. "This race was set up." He refused to elaborate. He echoed those frustrations again after his defeat to Wariner last night here in Paris, but again didn't expand upon what exactly got him so miffed.

"Before this meet things were stated, saying how things were going to be. When I got here they changed. Why they changed, I don't know."

After his comments in Rome, the speculation was that Merritt wasn't happy with his lane assignment. In Berlin last month, where he edged Wariner in a virtual slugfest over the final 40 meters, Merritt said he was given the option to choose his lane after Wariner selected his. There, Wariner was in four, Merritt in three. In both Rome and Paris, it was Wariner in four, and Merritt to his outside in five. But Merritt said his beef isn't with the lane he ultimately runs in.

"The lane is not the issue," he said. "But when you promise me something, don't change it when I get here. Things changed that I didn't agree with, that my parents didn't agree with, that my coach and agent didn't agree with. But I told them I'd run. It's a race I needed before Beijing."

His wasn't speaking with a voice looking for excuses-- "I'm not the kind of person who makes excuses," he said --but more so with one of resignation.

"The sport is political. I was mistreated. I feel I didn't get the respect I deserved. But I'm not going to cry about it."

Again prodded for more specifics, Merritt decided against it, keeping his comments to a more general nature.

"The sport needs help," he said. "A lot of things go on in this sport that people don't know about. The sport is messed up a little bit. At the end of the day it's a business. My mom always told me to come out, race and have fun. Over all I feel good. Come Bejing, I'm going to do what I need to do to get the gold." fin

I Love the "I'm not going to cry about it" attitude. No, he's just going to bitch and moan about it like a half a sissy ****ot. Well Lashawn, I'm really sorry the Man has been holding you down. I really hope JW crushes this kid at the Olympics.

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
^^^

What's the matter with this guy Merritt? Is he implying that he can only win if he's given a lane of his own choosing?

Or that he lost because "the powers that be" want the white guy to win?

Sounds like world-class sour grapes to me.

That's like a football team complaining that they lost a game because they lost the coin flip.

Run in your lane and be a man. Someone's got to be in that lane.

Bottom line -- Merritt will lose, and continue to lose to JW no matter what lane either person runs in.

Sucks to be Merritt.

Typical black athlete though -- rather than be gracious an praise the competition for their fair and square victories, he cries foul at his own inability to win and explains his loss with imaginary tales of racism.Edited by: GiovaniMarcon

American X

yuri malenkov said:
whites have held all 3 world records in the sprints
i remember the zionist garbage of the 1960's when the media jews took the times at altitude and tried to promote them as real times, the world laughed except the rubes in the usa.

borzov had 10.07(100 m record)

crawford (******* west indian from trinidad broke borzovs 1971 record in 1976)

5 years for the 100m record is not bad for a white sprinter age 20-25.

Borzov ran his 10.07 in Munich at 520m altitude. Jim Hines ran a10.03 four years earlier in Sacramento at 10m altitude.

Also, to be fair to the other sprinters of the era, Jim Hines's sea level record of 10.03 could have been broken by a number of other people. They each just happened to have never benefitted from beingFA-timed in their prime.

Poacher

Mentor
GiovaniMarcon said:
^^^

What's the matter with this guy Merritt? Is he implying that he can only win if he's given a lane of his own choosing?

Or that he lost because "the powers that be" want the white guy to win?

Sounds like world-class sour grapes to me.

That's like a football team complaining that they lost a game because they lost the coin flip.

Run in your lane and be a man. Someone's got to be in that lane.

Bottom line -- Merritt will lose, and continue to lose to JW no matter what lane either person runs in.

Sucks to be Merritt.

Typical black athlete though -- rather than be gracious an praise the competition for their fair and square victories, he cries foul at his own inability to win and explains his loss with imaginary tales of racism.

Yes, just another silly whine about some mystical plot to keep him down. What a joke. Fact is he really thought that he was better than Wariner only to find out that when Jeremy gets his head in the game he is just as far behind him as he ever was.

Seems like for Wariner to run under 44 all he needs to do is concentrate, be professional. Whereas for Merritt it seems to take a supreme physical effort...he's only done it once.

Hines ran 10.03 (2.8) so its not legal< as far as geography goes sacremento in the summer is way way better than munich, germany in the september rain.

any how, bolt (jamaica)has the chance to be the next 100/200m double gold winner since borzov> we cant count the gay one since 1984 was a boycott year.

albinosprint

Mentor
like I said before, Merritt is only winning when JW isn't running the way he is supposed too. Merritt has a long way to go to catch JW in terms off quality runs.

freedom1

Mentor
Wariner is very clever and methodical. He always gets better as the season progresses.

That he's getting pushed a little by this Merrit guy is a good thing.

Wariner is a shoe in for Caste Football Track Athlete of the Year.

American X

yuri malenkov said:
Hines ran 10.03 (2.8) so its not legal< as far as geography goes sacremento in the summer is way way better than munich, germany in the september rain.

any how, bolt (jamaica)has the chance to be the next 100/200m double gold winner since borzov> we cant count the gay one since 1984 was a boycott year.

I don't mean to nitpick, but I'm a stickler for accuracy. Hines's 1968 10.03 was legal. The wind was 0.9.

Also, Carl Lewis ran a 19.75 200m in 1983, and a 19.80, 19.84, and 19.86200m in 1984. Those 4 times were BY FAR the top non-altitude 200m's in history. The only non-American who even came close to him those two years wasMennea's non-altitude 20.22 in '83, and his non-altitude 20.07 in '84.

It didn't really matter who boycotted. No one was within aquarter second of him anyway. His double was valid.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Yes twinkle toes was the best short sprinter in 84'. Your point is?
smiley5.gif
smiley11.gif
Don't they have a gay athletes forum somewhere for you to fawn over Carol err Carl Lewis.....
smiley36.gif

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Freedom 1 wrote:

"Wariner is very clever and methodical. He always gets better as the season progresses.

That he's getting pushed a little by this Merrit guy is a good thing."

Yes, and he will be ready to dominate the field in Beijing and pick up another 400m gold medal!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I don't think American X had any bad intentions. He doesn't seem to be a troll like alot of others. He is just a track nut like alot of us. However, American X should be aware that Carl Lewis was a drug cheat. It was confirmed a couple of years ago. He competeted during the time when the US almost always covered up it's athletes. It was pretty common knowledge among sprinters from other countries. It has also been said on multiple occasions that 7 of the 8 100 meter finalists in the 1988 Olympics were on some kind of performance enhancing drugs. I would bet that they are off by 1 as it was probably everyone of them.

So many of the times in track are grossly exagerated because of athletes from all over the world that have been doped to the gills. We will never know for sure what the real, clean world records should be. Oh well, we just have to enjoy the sport anyway. It is still the purest form of sport and I am a huge fan. I just want to see more whites competing on a world class level like they used to up until the 70's.Edited by: white lightning

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I don't know about that white lightning. I formerly thought that too about American X. But Check American X's post in the NBA forum under Olympic team. Something about the way he posted his argument about the U.S fielding a weak team (which is partially true) in 2004 comparing and listing the 2004 and 2008 rosters for argument and declaring that America will win the gold medal and it won't even be close seems reminiscent of Maximus and Texas Tech's posts.

Nevada mentioned that too and I think he might be correct. American X hasn't done the Texas Tech Maximus routine of picking our arguments apart quote by quote yet which always cues me in to it being the same person, but we'll have to see. So far American X (Maximus?) hasn't shown much in any post I've seen that he thinks there is a caste system in sports. Let's hope I'm wrong!

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
But having said that; American X is correct that Jim Hines 10.03 was wind legal, I have looked that up before. But I think I have read that Pietro Mennea's 19.72 in 1979 at altitude would have been around a 19.9 at non altitude, so he was at least close to Lewis 4 years earlier. I'd give Mennea the edge as the best 200 meter guy of all time.

Kenteris was a cheat in 2004. He faked a motorcycle accident to avoid a drug test and his trainer was also found in possession of a case of needles. There is no doubt that he was likely juicing in 2000 when he won 200 meter gold and also when he ran his 19.8 200, we have to stick to accuracy and fairness on this board and that means not unfairly giving the white guys a break!

Observer

Mentor
American X said:
yuri malenkov said:
Hines ran 10.03 (2.8) so its not legal< as far as geography goes sacremento in the summer is way way better than munich, germany in the september rain. any how, bolt (jamaica)has the chance to be the next 100/200m double gold winner since borzov> we cant count the gay one since 1984 was a boycott year.

I don't mean to nitpick, but I'm a stickler for accuracy.  Hines's 1968 10.03 was legal.  The wind was 0.9.

Also, Carl Lewis ran a 19.75 200m in 1983, and a 19.80, 19.84, and 19.86 200m in 1984.  Those 4 times were BY FAR the top non-altitude 200m's in history.   The only non-American who even came close to him those two years was Mennea's non-altitude 20.22 in '83, and his non-altitude 20.07 in '84.

It didn't really matter who boycotted.  No one was within a quarter second of him anyway.  His double was valid.
American X, you might want to check your details, or at least your wording, because you make it sound like Mennea was not in Lewis' class (although upon re-reading, I can see that you mean in the specific years 1983-84?).
Mennea ran a bunch of fast 200's in 1980 late in the season after the Olympics, including a 19.96 non-altitude. (Not to mention Alan Wells stomping all over the American boycotters in the 100.)
Also, my memory agrees with Yuri in his mention of Hasely Crawford's 10.06 run in the 1976 Olympics as a kind of "world record". I don't remember what kind of timing adjustments were factored in, but I do recall that the track pundits were calling that the fastest run ever. I think a Track & Field News article in 1980 mentions this, although I can't find it now.Edited by: Observer