Peyton Hillis

Bart

Hall of Famer
DWFan said:
Wow, who would've guessed... Scumbag.

That article reeked of gefilte fish! Unfortunately, this clown will be writing for a major sports media disinformation center such as BSPN in the near future. He is being groomed.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Bart said:
DWFan said:
Wow, who would've guessed... Scumbag.

That article reeked of gefilte fish! Unfortunately, this clown will be writing for a major sports media disinformation center such as BSPN in the near future. He is being groomed.

Das juden's membership in the tribe, embrace of caste propaganda & disinfo gives him a good "in" w/ fellow hacks @ BSPN.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Truthteller said:
Bleacher report stuff is mostly trash -- it's basically a glorified DWF message board (with pictures), where oneclown posts his opinions and other DWF'srespond...The whole goal is to make money, which is why, for example, you have toclick 32 times to see a DWF's "mock draft".

Kevin Roberts is one of the relatively rare quality writers on Bleacher Report, and is unaffected by Caste System propaganda. Here's his latest on Hillis:

Why Cleveland's Peyton Hillis Is Better Than You Think He Is

By
<DIV =article-author- jQuery1290573098797="39">Kevin Roberts
(Featured Columnist) on November 23, 2010

A lot can be said about Peyton Hillis, and much to the chagrin of Hillis haters, it's nearly all positive. But after this bruising, powerful back took the league by storm, I came to find a lot of animosity and negativity thrown his way.

Needless to say, he has some unfair tags considering his status in fantasy football and his ability to run over tough run defenses.

Everywhere you look, you read that Hillis is slow, and if he's not slow now, that he'll be even slower as he ages in the NFL.

If it's not his speed in question, or estimated decline in speed, then it's his tough, physical style that, although currently making him arguably one of the best running backs in the league, will ironically also be the downfall of a career seemingly set up for success.

Naturally, if it's not his lack of speed or physical running style, then it has to be his fumble issues (four lost fumbles in 2010), his inadequate blocking, or lack of elite explosiveness.

What else is wrong with Peyton Hillis? Seriously, naysayers, I would like for you to emphatically bring in the dirty, hurl the bad, and spew out the negative. Send it this way, one last time, and then read the rest of this article so you can find out why Hillis is still not getting the respect he deserves, much less is literally demanding, by beating the snot out of quality NFL defenses.

In order to prove doubters wrong, we'll dive into a checklist of "problems" people have with Hillis, and even touch on things that only a few unintelligent souls dare be fickle about when it comes to the Cleveland Browns' running back's game.

<STRONG Nc="44">1. Peyton Hillis Isn't Fast[/b]

Tell that to Chris Wells and just about every other running back who runs a 4.50 40 time. Hillis may not be a "burner", but he damn sure isn't slow. If you think he is, then you just don't know the definition of fast and slow.

Fast does not only equate to 80-plus yard touchdown runs. Many would argue and likely agree that one of the great running backs in the game, Barry Sanders, wasn't particularly "fast" but he was one of the shiftiest and quickest players of his era, or you know, ever.

I'm not by any means relating Hillis to Sanders, as that'd be beyond foolish, but it illustrates a point. The point that you can be extremely successful by not being an absolute burner. To further express that point, just look at the careers of, say, Curtis Martin, Eddie George, Jerome Bettis, and so many other backs who had decent (or even below average) speed, and found great success with punishing running styles.

There's also the argument that cries out, "Well, 40 times don't always mean you're fast". To that I say touche, and also, that actually helps my argument in reverse, as many backs are hyped up to be something they're not, simply because they are "extremely explosive" and (insert potential-ridden hype adjective here).

Peyton Hillis isn't a burner. He has decent speed. Then again, he doesn't have to be amazingly fast. Not now, and really, if we're being honest, not ever. As long as he can truck people over with his strength and power and be anything above the speed of a "not at all moving rock on a ground", he should be just fine.

Don't agree? That's fine, but there's not much evidence there for anyone to prove it wrong. Short of Hillis losing the speed he does have and dropping off into offensive tackle-mode, you'll just be stuck predicting (or hoping, shame on you) that this hard-working beast loses his speed and quickness faster than J.P. Losman lost his starting job in Buffalo.

2. Peyton Hillis Isn't Durable

One hamstring tear on a fluke (and awesome) catch in 2008, plus a thigh injury in 2010, and suddenly this guy can't carry his weight as an NFL rusher in terms of durability.

Firstly, go back and check the news wire from 2008. Hillis was placed on injured reserve with a torn hamstring, despite stating that he'd like to try to play, whether it be that next week, or at some point in the season.

Then, with a thigh injury earlier this year, the bruiser didn't take a game off, he merely just had a bit of a lessened load for a couple of weeks.

Translation: The guy has only missed time due to A) a freakingtorn hamstringand B) he was placed on injured reserve against his will.

Which brings us to our next point...

3. Peyton Hillis Is His Own Worst Enemy

This actually has some staying power, but again, like most of the knocks on Hillis, it has everything to do with crystal balls and psychics, rather than any actual evidence to prove something today.

Hillis runs hard, creates contact as much and as often as possible, and does his damndest to make sure one or two defenders come down to the earth with him.

He chooses to inflict punishment and make contact, rather than evade rushers (oh, and we'll get to that, don't worry). However, just because his running style causes for some ice and band-aids for his opponents after the game is over, does not mean he's guaranteed to break down after one season of rugged play.

But that's not what his haters will say. Believe it or not, Hillis isn't just a wrecking ball crashing into defensive lines. Well, he is, but he's so much more. He's also a really tough dude. He can handle the load, the punishment, and the injuries. He's proven it this season, and on top of his production in 2010 (and back with Denver), he also hasn't played enough for this to be a viable concern.

In all reality, unless you're actively looking for weaknesses in his game, this is a silly thing to use against him. Think about that logic: Peyton Hillis won't be a good running back in three years because he's too good right now.

Considering the average shelf life of the average NFL player (or running back, for that matter), well, isn't very long, this is decent logic to start with. But you could say that about anyone.

Boy, that Tony Romo won't last much longer if he keeps getting sacked, concussed, and having his collarbone broken in half. Really, are you sure?

Common sense will only take you so far. Hillis is an unstoppable force, and whether or not that means he'll continue to be one in his 30s obviously remains to be seen. But with history and predictions to the side, are you really about to bet against this beast of a man being able to stay healthy for at least another 3-4 years? I'm not.

4. Peyton Hillis Is One-Dimensional

Clearly, if this is a line of thinking you are subscribed to, you haven't seen much of Hillis on game tape. Contrary to the belief of his critics, Hillis can block, catch, run, and actually even throw.

He literally does it all. More specifically, he has a pair of the softest hands you'll see in the NFL, and isn't just a great receiver out of the back-field (although he definitely is that, too), as he's shown on several occasions that he has the talent to make catches down the field, past linebackers, and over the middle in traffic.

You name it, the guy has done it, can do it, and more than likely will do it. This also applies to the notion that his running style is limited and one-dimensional. If you watch tape on Hillis, you'll quickly find out that he doesn't merely lower his head like a battering ram and spear-dive into his opponents. While he does do that from time to time, he's actually a very gifted runner in the open field, showing solid agility and visions.

More importantly, Hillis does a great job behind his run-blowing, is a patient runner, has a nice initial burst, and knows how to use his running lanes. He's not invincible or perfect, but he's also not even close, in any way, to being one-dimensional.

<STRONG Nc="47">5. Peyton Hillis Will Drown in Fumbles[/b]

Sure, Hillis could do a better job in protecting the football. But they said the same thing about Adrian Peterson. No, Hillis isn't as good as Peterson, and we're not comparing them to each other.

However, Peterson got away with fumbles (a whole lot of them) for quite a few seasons, so it'd only be fair (considering how good he's been) to at least pretend to give Hillis the same mulligan(s). The fact is, he's lost four fumbles on the season. When factoring his running style and amount of touches, this shouldn't be that big of a surprise.

Again, there's no doubt Hillis wants to hang onto the football and that he should work at finding ways to ensure that happens, but there's also little doubt that using this as a major knock is a bit of a joke.

We're fairly certain everyone in the Cleveland Browns organization agrees, too.

6. Peyton Hillis Needs Help

Well, he does and he doesn't. Many backs can carry the load by themselves, and continue to do so, so it doesn't make much sense that all of a sudden Hillis needs a speedy back to complement him.

Sure, it wouldn't hurt to get another back in the mix, but if guys like Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson, Maurice Jones-Drew, Michael Turner (can I stop yet?) and so many other running backs are readily OK'd to carry massive loads all by their lonesomes, then why should Hillis be any different?

Could he use the extra help? Sure. Does he need the extra help? Absolutely not.

Seeing as this article has gone on a wild tirade, much like Hillis on the field on Sundays, it's time for a conclusion. If there's something left uncovered and you'd like to fight Hillis supporters to the death, the comment board below awaits you. However, much like defenders trying to take down Hillis on the first try, something tells me you don't stand much of a chance.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/525650-why-clevelands-peyton-hillis-is-better-than-you-think-he-is

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Great article by Roberts!! Thanks for posting itDon.

Love the title of this 6 second video! The DWFs will sober up! They've found someone their kids can look up to

snow

Mentor
great article by Roberts. It is obvious he wrote that in response to the article written the other day by Matt Rudnitsky. I saw that he made a post on that one with similar points but of course Matt ignored it, as with most of the other points people had to make him look stupid. His only good post was, if you don't like his opinion write your own article. Looks like Roberts did, and his is actually good.

fumbles should be no different from interceptions, dude has twice as many touchdowns as fumbles, so its not that bad. He is still learning when to go down when multiple defenders are carrying him and when to keep fighting for yards. That is the only thing he needs to work on, and its not that hard to fix. Most of his fumbles haven't resulted in the other team getting points. The defense sees his hard running and plays hard after he gets the ball stripped from trying to gain yards after contact. If he simply fumbled the ball from careless protection they probably wouldn't play as hard to get the ball back. Ahmad Bradshaw has 6 fumbles and Benson has 5, I think one other back has 5, none of these run as hard as Hillis, especially Bradshaw.

btw I haven't crunched all of the numbers to see where Hillis ranks, but he has more yards from scrimmage than Chris Johnson , Ahmad Bradshaw, Michael Turner, Steven Jackson, and only 16 yards behind Maurice Jones-Drew, guys that are ahead of him on rushing yards, but I think yards from scrimmage should be ranked as well, especially with the amount of passing offenses do today. I think he is 2nd in rush/rec touchdowns behind Arian Foster with 10.
Edited by: snow

Riddlewire

Master
flyingx0.jpg

snow

Mentor
95 yards away from 1,000 yards rushing! if it doesn't happen next week, Buffalo is ranked dead last in rush defense. Other than that, most of his yards have come against good teams, they said today that Cleveland has the hardest strength of schedule this year. 1300+ yards from scrimmage and 13 tds. I wonder when the media will admit that he that he is an elite top 5 back.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Great pics guys. It would be great to see him eclipse 1000 yards next week. Remember guys that he didn't start for several games and didn't get that many chances. He would probably already be around 1100-1200 yards had he had the opportunity from game one. I'm not complaining though. He is a superstar and even Cleveland knows this. He will not be demoted next year or anytime soon. He should be a force for a long time.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Hillisstiff.jpg

HillisRun.jpg

Hillisdust.jpg

I really like this one. Get thee behind me, negro!
Hillisgetthee.jpg

HillisTD1.jpg

Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Phillybirds posted this highlight video in the Week 11 thread, but I wanted to post it here--its REALLY worth watching. Its different than most of the 1-play individual highlights posted on
NFL.com. Its a 4 minute highlight package of Hillis's incredible game vs the Panthers--all Hillis, nobody else! You get to see at least a dozen of Peyton's touches. Thanks Phillybirds.

WEEK 12: PEYTON HILLIS HIGHLIGHTS

white is right

Hall of Famer
snow said:
95 yards away from 1,000 yards rushing! if it doesn't happen next week, Buffalo is ranked dead last in rush defense. Other than that, most of his yards have come against good teams, they said today that Cleveland has the hardest strength of schedule this year. 1300+ yards from scrimmage and 13 tds. I wonder when the media will admit that he that he is an elite top 5 back.
The stats don't lie he was rated #3 on the ESPN fantasy list for backs. That is pretty accurate. If you take in account his blocking he can be argued as the most complete back in the football. If Shanny was fired for his team fading the boy genius should be shown the door for that trade and putting him on the after burner in 09....

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
I like how it appears that his Black teammates actually respect him. Probably a lot of his Black competition shows him contempt at first, then only grudging acceptance that he has skill, and is definitely for real.

His own Black teammates probably actually like him and can see past his color, at least on game day, anyway. That's better than nothing.

If only recruiters and other front office people could see past players' color, too. Then there might be more backs like Hillis.

Yeah, he's good -- and we know that because he got his shot.

foobar75

Master
It appears that the Browns organization has found the face of the franchise, as evidenced by their early start to the 2011 campaign. I think we can hopefully shut down any talk of Peyton being benched in favor of some afflete or what not. He's officially the man.

11-seasontix-300x600.jpg

jcolec02

Mentor
Toby Hillis said:
Phillybirds posted this highlight video in the Week 11 thread, but I wanted to post it here--its REALLY worth watching.  Its different than most of the 1-play individual highlights posted on
<div>NFL.com.  Its a 4 minute highlight package of Hillis's incredible game vs the Panthers--all Hillis, nobody else!  You get to see at least a dozen of Peyton's touches.  Thanks Phillybirds.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>WEEK 12: PEYTON HILLIS HIGHLIGHTS</div>
Notice how much respect Torry Holt gives to Peyton Hillis in the video, wish we saw more of that.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Just finished watching Hillis highlight vid twice! Yeah, I think the affelets around the Dark league realize he is the real deal, especially that Panther DB he trucked over, who was reduced to roadkill.

I have a feeling all the MC and Caste announcers will be singing Hillis praises when they cover his games or over the onslaught of highlights coming especially next weekend with the Bills.

foobar75 said:
It appears that the Browns organization has found the face of the franchise, as evidenced by their early start to the 2011 campaign. I think we can hopefully shut down any talk of Peyton being benched in favor of some afflete or what not. He's officially the man.

11-seasontix-300x600.jpg

When the organization uses your image to sell season tickets, it means you have arrived.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Torry Holt was great, although he does have a funny way of pronouncing certain things.
smiley36.gif

good article about everything that Peyton has accomplished so far, and comparisons to Browns' greats.

Comparisons with Browns greats are 'absurd,' but Peyton Hillis keeps driving into the record book (cleveland.com)

9082477-large.jpg

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Peyton Hillis is such a humble guy that he balked when told that he's joined Hall of Famers Jim Brown and Leroy Kelly as the only backs in team history to rush for 11 or more touchdowns in a season.

"That's just absurd," said Hillis. "Those guys are legends and I'm nobody. So there's really no need to talk about that anymore."

But there's no denying Hillis' incredible numbers this season.

His three rushing touchdowns in the first half of Sunday's 24-23 victory over the Panthers gave him 11 on the year, the first to do so since Kelly did it in 1968. His 131 rushing yards pushed him to 905 on the season, which has him on pace for 1,316 yards -- the most since Brown's 1,544 in 1965.

He's also on pace for 16 rushing TDs, one shy of Brown's record.

"I'm very aware [of those marks]," said Hillis. "Growing up, my dad was such a big football fan and he always hyped those guys. Jim Brown in his day, there wasn't a better player. The comparisons are just absurd."

Hillis also led the Browns with 63 receiving yards on six catches, keeping him in first on the team with 46 receptions for 414 yards.

"Peyton is a rock star," said Josh Cribbs. "Hopefully he's going to be in Cleveland a long time. They love him around here and I love him around here. I might have a Peyton Hillis shirt on come Monday."

When Hillis wasn't running over Panthers, such as he did to safeties Sherrod Martin and Charles Godfrey on two of his TDs, he was hurdling over them. One of the vintage Hillis Hurdles came on a 7-yard run up the middle.

"Peyton had another awesome game," said left tackle Joe Thomas. "The way he runs, sees the hole, hits the hole, runs over guys, he was incredible. It's fun blocking for a guy like that. When people want to go low on him, he jumps over them, so it's exciting for everybody."

Hillis gave all the glory to God and his teammates. "If it wasn't for those guys, I wouldn't make a single yard," he said.

Hillis said he and the offensive line were determined to bounce back from last week when the Jaguars' 4-3 defense limited him to 48 yards on 23 carries.

"We took it to heart," he said. "We made it a mission to pick up those stunts and games this time."

But there were two or three plays that Hillis would love to have back. The first was a halfback pass from the Jaguars' 8 to a wide-open tight end Ben Watson that fell short.

"Boy it was ugly, wasn't it?" he said. "When we ran it in practice, I thought that Ben [Watson] was going to run a corner route. I had so many guys in my face and at the last second, I saw him. I threw it and I think that's the end of my quarterback career."

The second was a fourth-and-1 play early in the fourth quarter on which Hillis was stopped. The Panthers went on to kick a field goal that put them up, 23-21. During the Carolina drive, Hillis stood on the sidelines looking miffed. He was also stuffed on third-and-1 on the next drive.

Heading in, he was first in the NFL on third-and-1, converting all nine of his opportunities.

"I was very upset with myself," he said. "I usually come through on those plays and I didn't today. Just one or two of those and we could've sewn the game up. It was nerve-wracking.

"A guy like myself, one yard, in my mentality, I don't care -- put the whole stadium in the box and I should get it."

After his third TD, he did his Incredible Hulk imitation, pretending to rip open his shirt, and then leaped into the Dawg Pound, where dozens of fans congratulated him.

"When you're out there and the game is on the line, you want to win it for them," he said. "It gives you the motivation to go out and do good things."

When John Kasay's kick at the end glanced off the upright, Hillis felt a shifting of the winds.

"It makes me feel like the luck's finally back on our side," he said. "In future games, I think the ball's going to roll our way."

and an excerpt from another article

"With each great Hillisian performance [i love the coining of that word, play on Herculean effort - backrow], and each Denver loss, I imagine McDaniels nightmares getting more intense. I can only imagine how terrifying it must be to lay down at night, knowing that the 6'1", 240 pound Hillis is about to run rampant all over your subconscious mind.

Even Leonardo DiCaprio would be frightened to enter that dream world to try to plant or extract any thoughts."

Edited by: backrow

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
White American males are 95 yards from emancipation. The terminus of these 25 years of deep cerebral enslavement may occur on December 5th, 2010, in Sun Life Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida.

I trust that the Jewish supremacist, the white self-loather, the inebriated white fanboy, the blue blood owner, the bigot coach, the biased scout, the racist general manager, the African ethnocentric, the white male-abhorring female supremacist, the Negro-idolizing journalist, the brown-nosing analyst, the Caste-Speak enthusiast, the faithfully pro-black commentator, and the vain, gyrating black athlete will all be nervously observing from the shadows as yet another monarchy of Big Lies is set ablaze. For The Juggernaut, The Messiah, The Beast, The Reaper has finally arrived to ravage the meticulously-assembled organism of autocratic deceit you have all toiled so intensely to safeguard, to uphold, and to sustain.

I was a mere newborn when Craig James rushed for 1,227 yards during the 1985-1986 NFL season. The Caste System's fascist clutch on the running back position has been suffocating the masculinity of white males for my entire life. It has been the premier triumph of the Caste System's "modus operandi."Â￾

In 6 days, 95 yards are trapped between a white-skinned, blue-eyed, muscular barbarian and possibly the most coordinated falsehood in modern human history. How fitting that a white Frenchman broke the 10 second barrier this year, also.Edited by: Thrashen

backrow

Hall of Famer
if Peyton gets on a roll, he could get over 1400 yards, imagine that, and 600 receiving yards is not out of the question either!
he's also on the pace for 16 rushing (and 19 total) TDs, only 2 short of Browns Jim Brown's franchise record. i am giddy like a little boy awaiting Xmas with anticipation!!!

DWFan

Mentor
Man Thrashen you have an incredible way with the English language! I need to get you to write a speech for my funeral to really get some folks mad!
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif