Pau Gasol

Alworth No.19

j41181 said:
Welcome back, Pau Gasol! The way he I saw him play tonight was much better than I expected, no sign of rust in him. Lakers won 108-93 over the Bulls, and it looks like he has a strong chance for next year's All-Star game. It also helps that all the talk about his return from injury, and his cameo in CSI: Miami, may have given him some serious notoriety. Way to go Pau Gasol!
smiley32.gif

24 points (9-15 FG's, 6-6 FT's)

13 rebounds

3 assists

1 block

It's quite disappointing that Gasol's the only significant white player for the Lakers. Sasha Vujacic has become a space cadet, Luke Walton is out with an injury, but is pretty much a space cadet also, and so is Adam Morrison.

Pau is remarkably consistent. You could wake him up at three in the morning, get him suited up, spin him in circles, but hood on his and lock him in trunk of a limo, drive him to the Staples Center, walk him onto court at the beginning of a game, remove the hood, throw up the ball, and Pau would put those same numbers without blinking. The perfect low-post second banana for Kobe.
Edited by: Alworth No.19

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Pau is my FAVORITE NBA player!

I'm confident that I can sit back and watch a Lakers' game, knowing that Pau will always perform brilliantly! A REAL basketball player.

j41181

Master
GOD DAMN!!! I can't believe my own eyes, Pau Gasol must be playing possessed, not to mention with FIRE and FURY! He's complained in the last few days of not getting enough touches and shots. Well this is his response to that ugly situation, grab rebounds, and force in several issues. KB rapist, Phil Jackson and the rest of the Lakers had better not mess with this Spaniard. He's NOT your ordinary white player. I wish white Americans had more of his attitude and assertiveness!

26 points (9-15 FG's, 0-1 3pt's, 8-9 FT's)
22 rebounds
4 assists
1 steal
4 blocks

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Those are David Lee numbers. Way to go Pau! Keep it up my white brother. He better make the All Star Team!

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I'm puzzled as to why this thread is only 2-pages long?

He's absolutely AMAZING!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Pau is tied for 1st at the moment with Dwight Howard for rebounds per game. Didn't people used to call Pau soft???
smiley42.gif

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Freethinker said:
Pau is tied for 1st at the moment with Dwight Howard for rebounds per game. Didn't people used to call Pau soft???
smiley42.gif
Pau can also jump. Unfortunately, the caste media always downplays his athleticism, calling him "smart", "savvy", "a student of the game", since he just thinks himself into the correct position to get the rebounds from the superior affletes that surround him.

j41181

Master
Pardon my late update, but this is one of Pau's better games of the season, 124-118 win over the G-state Warriors. Despite missing the season's first 11 games, Pau's magnificent outings in the last several games (including his 2-OT outing vs. Sacramento) are more than enough to land him a spot in this season All-Star game.

27 points (10-16 FG's, 7-8 FT's)
11 rebounds
2 assits
3 blocks

j41181

Master
It's another yeoman performance for the Tower of PAUer. He's been owning the boards this season. I'm really grateful he's a Laker, without doubt the best white player (US or not) on a championship caliber team. If the Lakers didn't have Pau, I certainly love to see them lose. Gasol's the only reason I enjoy watching the Lakers perform. He's definitely the team's second-in-command, and a true All-Star level player. BTW, he delivered the game winning assist to Kobe, even though the shot will be more celebrated. Lakers win a classic 109-108 match over the fast improving and very white Sacramento Kings!

17 points (7-12 FG's, 3-4 FT's
16 rebounds
4 assists
1 block

j41181

Master
The jury's now set on whether Gasol is an All-Star or not. He's been playing super solid ball all season a long, despite missing a total of 17 games due to hamstring problems. Gasol recently returned from a second hamstring problem and he's scored 20+ points in 5 of his last 7 games. Even though rival Kaman has stated many times Gasol is not worthy, I think the odds are against him. Gasol earned more than 1 million votes, and has had some spectacular games to boot. Kaman has been really solid himself, but his team is not on the otherhand (including an embarrassing loss to league worst New Jersey). If I had to make a choice I'd go with Gasol, because he's on a winning and championship caliber team. It be nice if both made it, but a player named Zach Randolph has a strong case of being an All-Star himself.

Kobe may never be a favorite of mine, but can't help but grant him some serious respect due to his wonderful complements on Dirk Nowitzki and now... Pau Gasol:

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/shaun_powell/01/27/pauandkobe/Edited by: j41181

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
j41181 said:
Kobe may never be a favorite of mine, but can't help but grant him some serious respect due to his wonderful complements on Dirk Nowitzki and now... Pau Gasol:

What about hisadorable policy of elbowing only White players?

j41181

Master
Don Wassall said:
j41181 said:
<div> </div>
<div>What about his adorable policy of elbowing only White players?</div>
Right, Don! The thing he did to Jaric, Miller, and Ginobili! I think he got suspended for elbowing all 3 white players!
smiley36.gif
smiley2.gif

But, he's got nothing but respect for Gasol. Here's why:

Game-Winning BLOCK on Kobe!
smiley32.gif

ELBOWS Kobe!
smiley36.gif
Edited by: j41181

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
PAU just recently had 21 points, 19 rebounds, 8 assists and 5 blocks - in a Lakers' win!! They were playing without Kobe and Bynum.

smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

j41181

Master
Video of Gasol's Perfect Shooting Night!
smiley20.gif

[TUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zta_0s5ib8[/TUBE]

j41181

Master
It's been (as expected) a rough stretch for Pau Gasol. Playing consecutive 40-minute games can fatigue anyone, and the return of Andrew Bynum is a sigh of relief for Gasol. Bynum's return allows Gasol more bench rest. I don't expect Gasol's role to diminish one bit, since winning back-to-back NBA titles (as LA's primary big-man) has earned him lasting respect on the team (especially from Jackson & Bryant). Gasol plays his best scoring game in a while, a 109-94 lopsided Laker win over the Pacers.

28 points (10-17 FG's, 8-12 FT's)
8 rebounds
4 assists
2 blocks

j41181

Master
Nice game for Gasol and Lakers win.

34 points, 10 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 block

Westside

Hall of Famer
Hopefully this a start of a great 2nd half as the Lakers march towards another Championship. Maybe Pua's excellence will rub off on the other White players like Walton and Blake. And become go to roll players.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
during the Sportscenter highlights of the Lakers loss last night against Cleveland, it was apparently "overlooked" that Gasol had a completely dominant performance ... as attested by his being completely ignored in said highlights in favor of a Kobe mention. Gasol went for 30 points (8-15 from the floor and a perfect 14-14 from the line), 20 rebounds, and 3 assists in a near one-man show for the Lakers.

of course, this is irrelevant. or at least not worth mentioning. for some reason.

j41181

Master
23 points, 16 rebounds, 4 blocks for the big Spaniard!

Gasol's having his BEST season ever!

foobar75

Master
Gasol should easily make the All-NBA first team this season. The problem is, it would come over Dirk, who also plays PF.

Edited by: foobar75

j41181

Master
The criticisms (obviously hate) being hammered on Pau Gasol over the past 2 weeks is mind-boggling. Things like, GIRLY, SOFT, PASSIVE, UNmotivated, etc.. are being thrown at his face at near constant, just because of a series of mediocre games.

You'd think that after 3 straight NBA finals (2 Rings), 3 straight NBA All-Stars, such criticism would've and should've been severely toned down, but I guess DWF's just love to hate him, just because he's European (and White). Just because he doesn't display STREET BALL MENTALITY that guys like Kobe or Garnett have, and just because of his naturally quiet, stoic stance.

Here's one line from a Bleacher Report article that hammers Gasol...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/679010-pau-gasol-or-andrew-bynum-who-goes-first-for-dwight-howard

"....but Gasol's passive tendencies stick out like a sore thumb.

Gasol usually faces more physical abuse than any other Laker. That's because other teams have designated Gasol as the Lakers' physical weak link, and more times than not Gasol has validated it.

Gasol's weak performances are one of the reasons Los Angeles is struggling mightily in its first-round playoff series with New Orleans this year, and not even Gasol's vast array of skills can mask the issue."

One of many idiotic comments on Gasol...

"Why would Orlando trade the most dominant Center in the world for a soft PF in his early thirties and almost past his prime..."

How in God's name can someone who is making 18 points, 9 rebounds for 10 seasons (18 and 10 last 2 seasons), won 2 NBA rings, made the All-Star game 4 times, has well over 10,000 career points, over 6,000 career rebounds, over 2,000 assists (for a big man), and over 1,000 blocks... be constantly considered SOFT, and worse NOT a Hall Famer???

His 19 points, 18 rebounds effort in last year's Game 7 NBA Finals was one for the ages.

If Arvydas Sabonis made it, there's no doubt Pau Gasol will too, simple as that. The brains of these SHEEPLES are clearly BLACKED OUT.
Edited by: j41181