Deadlift said:
31 points
15 rebounds
4 assists
2 blocks
2 steals

smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
I saw that game, he was downright AWSOME!!
smiley4.gif

He should make the All-Star game in the next 4 years!

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
How many career points do you think Gasol will achieve?

18,000?

j41181

Master
Deadlift said:
How many career points do you think Gasol will achieve?

18,000?
He has a strong chance to go beyond 15,000. I originally though he could join Dirk in the 20,000 mark, but he suffered 2 injury-prone seasons (04-05 and 06-07). So yeah, I think he'll make it as far as 18,000. At least Yao Ming will not catch up with him.

j41181

Master
Great showing by Gasol in the All-Star game:

14 points, despite playing only 16 minutes.

Though it's not a serious game, I'm sure Jackson was more concerned on Pau's health status.

j41181

Master
Triple Double by Pau Gasol!

12 points
13 rebounds
10 assists

It was Pau's 3rd career Triple Double.
smiley32.gif

He led LA to a 96-83 victory over Atlanta.

j41181

Master
Best game of the season by Pau Gasol!

36 points (14-19 FG's, 8-10 FT's)
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

11 rebounds
7 assists
2 steals
2 blocks

He leads LA to a 103-95 victory over New Jersey.

guest301

Hall of Famer
j41181 said:
Best game of the season by Pau Gasol!

36 points (14-19 FG's, 8-10 FT's)
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

11 rebounds
7 assists
2 steals
2 blocks

He leads LA to a 103-95 victory over New Jersey.

I love the fact that Pau is doing this on such a high profile team that the Lakers are. It sure is better than if he was still in Memphis toiling away in relative obscurity with that loser franchise.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I think the Lakers got him for next year. I hope so for Morrison's sake.

j41181

Master
Solid game for Gasol:

26 points (11-16 FG's, 4-6 FT's)
12 rebounds

Lakers beat the Kings 122-104. Even though Vlade Divac had some great years as a Laker, Pau Gasol is without doubt the best white player to don a Laker uniform since Gail Goodrich. And he will do so for many more years to come.
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
Edited by: j41181

j41181

Master
Monster BOOM by Pau Gasol!!

27 points (9-19 FG's, 9-11 FT's)
smiley32.gif

19 rebounds (career high)
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

3 assists

He leads the Lakers to 116-102 drowning on the the Nuggets. Andrew Bynum is back from an injury, but Pau Gasol is unquestionably the Laker's man in the middle. Bynum will be very rusty, and I expect Gasol to continue burning opponents till the regular season ends. It's been an outstanding year for Pau Gasol, and I smell an NBA ring with him.
smiley4.gif
smiley2.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley32.gif
Edited by: j41181

Westside

Hall of Famer
Your right j41181, Gasol is the man in the middle. Last year I was hoping the Lakers would beat the Dark Green Celtics. He needed help, hopefully Bynum will provide that help.

Your are also right about Gasol being the best white player since Goodrich. Did Goodrich play after, Jerry West?

I look forward to the playoffs, and hopefully the Lakers can pull the trigger and win. Funny, back in the 80s I wanted the Celtics against the Lakers. Wonder why.
smiley2.gif

j41181

Master
Well dudes, it's done. Pau Gasol just finished his 1st full year as a Laker on a high note:

20 points (8-12 FG's, 4-4 FT's)
9 rebounds
6 assists
1 steal
2 blocks

Lakers trash 1st round opponent Utah 125-112. My condolence to the Jazz, who will face the Lakers in the 1st round. Lakers are my bet to become NBA champions, with Pau Gasol having probable chance of winning Finals MVP.
smiley2.gif

j41181

Master
Since Dirk is out, Pau Gasol is now my main man in the NBA playoffs. Pau had one of the defining moments of his NBA career so far:

21 points (10-19 FG's, 1-1 FT's)
18 rebounds
1 assist
1 steal
3 blocks

LA won a decisive 89-70 game 7 over the Houston Rockets. Pau is now the best white player in the playoffs, with the great, but unfortunate Dirk Nowitzki eliminated. I hope he can keep it up, he is in prime position to not only help LA win an NBA title, but become the best white player to win an NBA title since Larry Bird, and Kevin McHale.

He is also poised to become the best European player ever to win a NBA title.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Gasol's a stud & proved it again last night. I hope he continues putting up these MVP type #s, although I doubt he'll get much "mainstream" accolades as the caste lackeys are too busy worshiping "Queen LeBro(w)n"!
smiley8.gif
Edited by: DixieDestroyer

j41181

Master
Gasol just helped LA to big win, 105-103 over Denver.

13 points (5-9 FG's, 3-5 FT's)
14 rebounds
3 assists
1 steal
2 blocks

While he was solid, I thought he could do much better than that.

j41181

Master
So far, Pau has been really solid for LA, but he should really step it up if he's really hungry for the NBA ring. Another big problem now is, other than KB, LA is not getting much support from it's role-players, especially from the likes of Walton and Vujacic. These two have really been missing for LA. Gasol needs to raise his offensive level a notch further to around 25-30 points.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Writer gives Gasol his due.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aru5QEiCKNGEniZtdqmorJs5nYcB?slug=aw-gasol060809&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

LOS ANGELES â€" The stateside resistance to the European player has been vast and vicious. The American basketball culture has had a bad habit of dismissing Pau Gasol(notes) with its tired and twisted refrain: The Spaniard is soft.

This foolishness has never inspired public indignation out of the Los Angeles Lakers' star, no defiant declarations that he'll show everyone the truth. Gasol is too smart to get overworked over American small-mindedness masquerading as fear of a burgeoning base of overseas talent. Secure in his immense talent, his Euro and NBA credentials, the resentment doesn't rule him.

"Because a guy has a set of skills and is more of a finesse player, then he's labeled as a soft player,"Â￾ Gasol said. "I'm not bothered by it because I know I'm a competitor. I've competed my whole career and nobody has given me anything. "¦

"I'm a winner."Â￾

Once again, Gasol made his case. He raised his fists into the air Sunday night, the purple and gold streamers dancing down to the Staples Center floor. The Lakers had survived a blown layup at the regulation buzzer, an Orlando Magic lob that could've reshaped everything in these NBA Finals.

Yet, Courtney Lee(notes) missed and that'll be a play that the Magic will remember a long, long time. These Lakers are too talented, too tested, to let games get away like they did in Game 2. Lee missed, and Gasol made the Magic pay a steep price. As much as anything, Gasol will be remembered as the biggest reason Kobe Bryant(notes) wins a championship without Shaquille O'Neal.
As much as anything, he has been the salvation of a forlorn franchise. (snip)

j41181

Master
Welcome back, Pau Gasol! The way he I saw him play tonight was much better than I expected, no sign of rust in him. Lakers won 108-93 over the Bulls, and it looks like he has a strong chance for next year's All-Star game. It also helps that all the talk about his return from injury, and his cameo in CSI: Miami, may have given him some serious notoriety. Way to go Pau Gasol!
smiley32.gif

24 points (9-15 FG's, 6-6 FT's)
13 rebounds
3 assists
1 block

It's quite disappointing that Gasol's the only significant white player for the Lakers. Sasha Vujacic has become a space cadet, Luke Walton is out with an injury, but is pretty much a space cadet also, and so is Adam Morrison.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Great game by Pau. This Gasol Family is very talented. Do they have any other brothers than the two in the nba right now? Just curious.

j41181

Master
white lightning said:
Great game by Pau. This Gasol Family is very talented. Do they have any other brothers than the two in the nba right now? Just curious.
There is a 3rd Gasol dude, and his name's Adria Gasol. He should be 16 this year, and he goes to a middle school in Memphis, the same where brother Marc first when to before going back to Europe to turn pro. Rumors about his height range from 6'5-6'9, and he too plays basketball, though some say he's a geek, as in, computer geek. But then, let's wait 'n see, he might turn out to be another Gasol in basketball. Check him out through Google, later.Edited by: j41181