Pau Gasol

foobar75

Master
Pau was obviously not himself during the 2011 playoffs, starting from game 1 against NO. I thought there was something wrong with him mentally, as physically, he seemed fine. He wasn't tired or injured, but just seemed distant and not at all into any of the games. This might explain it:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2011-05-09/did-breakup-affect-pau-gasols-playoff-performance

If this is true, I can see how it may have impacted him, because it happened right before the start of the post-season. And if a teammate's wife (Kobe? Odom?) had something to do with it, that would explain the total lack of unity and chemistry on the court.

In any event, Pau's peformance now gives all the morons the ammunition they need to criticize him, with their short and selective memories.

The Lakers were a mediocre team prior to Pau's arrival in 2008, and they went to 3 straight finals and won back-to-back championships with him on the line-up. In fact, with Pau as the focal point in the post and Bynum playing limited minutes in a supporting role was the best recipe for the Lakers success. A healthy Bynum taking a more primary role in the offense in turn took away Pau's game and combined with the above story (if true) ended up being a disaster.

Also, Kobe has been exposed as an aging star who can no longer carry a team and take over games.

icsept

Master
Why the hell would Kobe Bryant's wife cause a breakup between Gasol and his girlfriend? She seems like a "stand by your man" type, even if your husband rapes somebody. Anyway, it looks like Gasol may need a fresh start on a new team.

Borussia

Guru
Yep, if there was any instance where somebody needs a fresh start in a new environment, this would be it.

The story is that Kobe shot off his mouth regarding Pau's dalliances with a lady or ladies (as 98% of pro athletes in the big team sports tend to be high demand for some of the more beautiful and egotistical of women - shock!) to his 'loyal' (loves moolah and spotlight) wife Vanessa.

Of course, Vanessa being a 'classy' Mexicana drama queen, informed Pau's better half what Kobe said.
You know, typical inter-personal BS that you find almost everywhere that ends up home wrecking and breaking someone's heart and friendships along the way.

Basically, because what should be totally confidential, especially between men and teammates, is spoken about and trying to keep a secret with most women is nearly impossible - especially infidelity because women have loyalty with other "victimized" women and also because most women do love good drama.
Latinas love soap operas so stuff such as this is just normal to them.

Now yes, if you want to get all old school homespun advice and after school special here, perhaps Pau should not have (allegedly) been so welcoming with female admirers...sure, maybe he shouldn't bother playing in the NBA, have millions of dollars, tons of competitive testosterone, probably out of town in some of America's best resort hotels, etc..
In other words, live most young mens dreams.

Bottom line: you don't throw a teammate (friend?) under the bus. Don't tell me Kobe is any moral high priest either. If for no other reason that pragmatism. If you want to win games, you don't destroy the personal life of a trusted teammate.

Maybe some will blame Vanessa Bryant. LOL, sure bitter, bored and jealous women don't talk nonsense with other women. This doesn't happen on this planet.

The old world Mafia had codes about stuff like this.
You keep the dirt in house. There used to be severe consequences for so much $hit talking.

Now, society loves scandal, especially women.

Kobe's an idiot, always has been too. He has been humbled as a player this year.

Pau should get out and get to a team with a couple of other go to guys. Maybe Boston would be a decent fit. KG is on his last legs, Davis is atrocious except for being a wide body in the lane and Shaq is laughable at this point.
Boston will likely lose in 5 games to Miami because they are too old and have no real post offensive threat.
Pau can shoot medium range as well. I truly believe he needs to get out of LA.

What's his contract situation there?

j41181

Master
Whether the rumor is true or not, I think Pau needs to wisen up (same with Dirk). Both men tend to be GULLIBLE at times. In Pau's case, his gullibility got the better of him. Karl Malone actually complained about Kobe's wife back in 2004. Once, is a coincidence, but twice?

Something fishy about Kobe's wife, something bad.

Gasol's extended Laker contract lasts until 2013-2014 season.

Phil

Guru
Both Pau and Dirk(especially) seem to have that naivety about women. It is a tragic flaw that many European men all over the world seem to suffer from.

j41181

Master
Gasol named to the All-NBA 2ND Team!
smiley32.gif

It's his 3rd All NBA selection...

All NBA 2nd team (2011)
All NBA 3rd team (2009, 2010)

j41181

Master
Good news...

Pau is still together with his current girlfriend. The whole farce was nothing more than to dramatize the Laker demise. That's CRAZY blogging and journalism for you.

Great season by Pau! One of the best Gasol's in the game! lol
Can't wait to see Marc and Pau in the all star game next year.

I see Pau bouncing back next year after the early playoff exit. He had a great year the whole way through and carried
the Lakers early in the year.

Congrats to Dirk and Pau for making the 2nd team. I think Marc Gasol might make the 3rd team next year.

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
All over LA people blame Pau Gasol for "not showing up" during the playoffs.

Oooooo... kay.

And also Kobe SUCKED, right?

I hope the poor man's Jordan enjoyed getting "raped" by Dirk.

GiovaniMarcon said:
All over LA people blame Pau Gasol for "not showing up" during the playoffs.

Oooooo... kay.

And also Kobe SUCKED, right?

I hope the poor man's Jordan enjoyed getting "raped" by Dirk.

Kobe's wheels fell off. His knees are gone. Next year he needs to rely on Gasol and Bynum. Kobe
can't do it by himself anymore.

The Lakers need to make Pau their go-to guy with fewer iso's for Kobe.
I wouldn't write the Lakers off just yet but they need to change the way they play.
Getting a new coach should help.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Lakers need to getting Whiter as well.

Vanilla_Sky

Mentor
If Addelman coaches, I think they will. Look at the racial make ups of the teams he's coached, they have had a great deal of whites.