NFL Week 2 2008

Angelcynn

Guru
The Lions might have had a better chance against the Packers if they had kept John 'safe hands' Standeford who had an excellent pre-season. The Lions recievers dropped too many easy catches.

I think Jerheme Urban has got to lose the ginger hair if he wants to be played!
smiley5.gif

Jordy Nelson
smiley32.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
nevada said:
Colts tackle Tony Ugoh, savior of Peyton Manning, went down with a groin injury. Somehow, the Colts were able to win without him. While Ugoh was playing in game 1 and 2, he appeared to provide none of the savior-like tackle play he is claimed to deliver. The Colts pass blocking and run blocking was as bad as it has been in years, due mainly to key white linemen being out.

The Browns seem to have not one, not two, but three 350 pound defenders. They all get too tired to play every Dsnap, and have to come out of the game to rest by only the second quarter. During a long possession, when they need to be in the game stopping the other team, they are on the sideline instead, hyperventilating. I guess they prefer watching the game to playing it, and are probably only looking to have a sandwich with Browns coach, Art Shell.

How is Marvin Lewis not fired? This is getting ridiculous.

Well the Browns black coach is Romeo Crennel not Shell, but I don't despise him like Lewis, Lovie and Tomlin. He is relatively fair IMO to whites compared to the average coach, but that isn't saying much. I think Kasper had a good chance of making the team this year if not for injury and Jurevicius has always been utilized by Crennel.

But no one is as bad as Black Del Rio you guys are right. May the Jags not win a game this season if not for Matt Jones having a monster game. Did anyone notice ESPN list Dennis Northcutt and Reggie William's stats, but not Matt Jones when Jones again had the best game? A conspiracy possibly?

whiteCB said:
whiteknight said:
Hester still not getting involved in SD
smiley5.gif

I knew Sproles would be the #2 RB behind LT (Darren had 6 carries today which should have been Hester's). It's the same old song and dance in the NFL!!
smiley11.gif

you know if i was a tad more cynical id say the NFL forces teams to take white talent (Hester,Leonard etc) then force them to hide them away from the field

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
We shall see. An injury to Sproles will catapult Hester to LT's backup. I would never wish for a serious injury to any player, but if Sproles sprains an ankle lets say and misses a few games it will be exciting to see Hester get maybe if he's lucky 5-7 carries in a game. If Sproles gets injured Hester will get hand-offs over Tolbert, no doubt about it. The only reason Tolbert is on the field is b/c the Chargers are using Hester as the 3rd string HB, not a FB, this is actually a good thing.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
No worries, Nevada. I make silly mistakes in my posts sometimes like that, like calling McGuffie a red-shirt freshman, even though I know he is a true freshman.

BTW does anyone know if Brian Leonard will be back next week? With the way the Rams are playing hopefully they will decide to change things up a little and use him. I'm not getting my hopes up too much though.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Thrashen said:
Yeah, that's for sure. The Colts' all-black defense looked worse than I've ever seen them against the offensively anemic Vikings. The super fragile Colts safety, Bob Sanders, was injured once again. When he was playing in the game, much like last week, this jocksniffer approved "superstar" looked very human.

Sanders is ridiculously fragile for sure. You gotta wonder if his career is already on the downside. But once a black is annointed a "superstar," he can suck and/or constantly be injured for years while the announcers continue to talk about him in glowing, reverent tones. Sanders is the latest version of Ed Reed, still being acclaimed for what he did in 2004. It would be like the media still praising Drew Bennett for his great '04 season; in his case it was forgotten as soon as it was over and was little noticed even at the time.

Jevon Kearse, Orlando Pace, Walter Jones, Bryant McKinney and lots more, the list of over-hyped has-beens is long and ever-growing. Offensive linemen in particular seem to get the googly-eyed treatment, probably because there are no easily accessible statistics for them for fans to look at. Many times these guys are the worst lineman on the team while still getting the superstaracclaim from the Caste clowns.

backrow

Hall of Famer
stats updated through Sunday games.

tonight i am looking forward to huge game for Witten and Bradley.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Aaron Rodgers had quite a game yesterday. He hasgood pocket presence,isvery elusive and agile. Showed some niftiness on a sideline run managing to stay in bounds to getsome yards anda first down I believe. Throws the ball well, too.

24-38,328 Yds,. 3TD's -0 INT's, 117.00 Rating.

Pretty good start so far. Better than expected.

ToughJ.Riggins said:
No worries, Nevada. I make silly mistakes in my posts sometimes like that, like calling McGuffie a red-shirt freshman, even though I know he is a true freshman.

BTW does anyone know if Brian Leonard will be back next week? With the way the Rams are playing hopefully they will decide to change things up a little and use him. I'm not getting my hopes up too much though.

haven't heard anything yet most rams fans are shellshocked at how bad this team is

Carriker is already labelled a bust,And Leonard is on they way there already according to the drunken athlete worshippers,With the Oline the rams have ? it;ll give the leonard haters (and there are many among the rams fans) more ammo.funny how Steven Jackson is really pulling his weight after getting a big pay day
smiley5.gif
Edited by: whiteknight

G

ToughJ.Riggins said:

It wasn't a mistake. I typed Art Shell on purpose.

A big fat black fellow, he has mastered the blank stare.

You could practically see the moment when he checked out mentally.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The version of the AP article on the Vikings-Colts game in my local paper never mentions Tarvaris Jackson, but does include this little gem: "The Vikings wasted more dominant defense, done in by a handful of critical lapses and repeated failure to figure out that pesky old forward pass."

Bear Backer

Mentor
nevada said:
ToughJ.Riggins said:

It wasn't a mistake. I typed Art Shell on purpose.

A big fat black fellow, he has mastered the blank stare.

You could practically see the moment when he checked out mentally.

Same thing goes for Marvin Lewis and Lovie Smith. At least once in every Bears game you can observe Lovie standing there with a blank stare on his face at a crucial moment. They like to cover it by saying that he is a coach who doesn't like to get animated, but in reality it is pretty obvious that he is just not with it all the time. It is also funny to me how when Dick Jauron did this a few years ago no one had any problem questioning his lack of fire, but with Lovie Smith his docility and blankness on the sidelines is viewed as a sign of subtle strength.

Bear Backer

Mentor
Don Wassall said:
The version of the AP article on the Vikings-Colts game in my local paper never mentions Tarvaris Jackson, but does include this little gem:  "The Vikings wasted more dominant defense, done in by a handful of critical lapses and repeated failure to figure out that pesky old forward pass." 

Thats absolutely classic.
smiley5.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
i think it's hilarious! the writer obviously implies that Jackson is absolutely terrible and can't even throw a damn pass!
smiley36.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
backrow said:
i think it's hilarious! the writer obviously implies that Jackson is absolutely terrible and can't even throw a damn pass!
smiley36.gif

Yeah, its pretty good as far as implications go, but it would have been much better and warrented if he had openly criticized Jackson for the no-throw that he is.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Mike Shanahan is being praised for his gutsy call. Instead of going for the tie, he went for the two point conversion and they won. That was a heck of a gamble. What if they failed? I don't think I would have risked it.Too many things could have gone wrong. You have to wonder if he felt like the officiating would bail him out somehow, if they messed up. The thought had to havecrossed his mind. Yes / no?Edited by: Bart

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
How does everyone feel about Matt Jones this year? He's had two decent games and is starter again this year. Does anyone think he will have a good season? I am hoping, granted he stays healthy all year, he can go over 1000 yards this season. It is possible for him.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I hope Matt Jones has a great year, and not just because he's on my fantasy team. Despite his recent arrest, I want to see him do well as a white athlete. He's one of the most gifted athletes, of any color, to come into the league in years. By all accounts he should be given a real chance to be a star.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Bart said:
Mike Shanahan is being praised for his gutsy call.  Instead of going for the tie, he went for the two point conversion and they won.  That was a heck of a gamble.  What if they failed?   I don't think I would have risked it.  Too many things could have gone wrong.  You have to wonder if he felt like the officiating would bail him out somehow, if they messed up.  The thought had to have crossed his mind.  Yes / no?  

hell no. what i do think, is that he knew the refs screwed up and he gave Chargersa shot at winning the game if they can stop him.

bigunreal

Mentor
I heard "Greenie," aka Mike Greenberg, during this morning's "Mike & Mike" radio show, say something like "I apologize if it sounds like we're criticizing Tavaris Jackson, because we mean to do nothing of the sort." Nothing to apologize for, Greenie; everyone knows you don't ever criticize black affletes. Greenie and Golic went on to blast Brad Childress for "protecting" Tavaris instead of "letting him make plays." This seems to be the curious new party line on this absolutely horrid QB; Tavaris being "shackled" by the Man, instead of being allowed to play.

As I write this, in some kind of cosmic coincidence, new ESPN jock-sniffer Trent Dilfer just reacted to Steve Young's extremely mild criticism of Tavaris by praising Tavaris's affleticism, saying "Look, he's much more talented than I ever was," and then blasted the Vikings for stifling his "creativity."

Once again, a white player who was not appreciated and was treated unfairly by coaches, drunk white fans and jock sniffers alike (remember, they all thought it was an upgrade when he was replaced by the legendary Shaun King), sits in front of a microphone and demonstrates complete and utter loyalty to the Caste System. I'm sure he gets along with Merrill Hoge very well.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
Ugh...Sean Considine isn't doing himself any favors hesitating in coverage like that.
smiley11.gif

Touchdown TO. Let the brown-nosing begin.

IRONGUARD

Guru
Matt Jones is arguably the most talented white wide receiver in the NFL.

But he is on a nearly all black team. In all probability the coaches and the brothers will find a way to stop him from having any long term success.

I can imagine D Northcutt and J Porter are bending Garrard's ear and undercutting Matts chances.

I hope Matt finds a way to get traded before the fight is snuffed out of him.

I have yet to hear anything positive in the media about A Gonzalez's game for Indy.

The hypocrisy in the NFL is staggering

Bart

Hall of Famer
backrow said:
Bart said:
You have to wonder if he felt like the officiating would bail him out somehow, if they messed up. The thought had to havecrossed his mind. Yes / no?

hell no. what i do think, is that he knew the refs screwed up and he gave Chargersa shot at winning the game if they can stop him.

Geez, I simply asked yes / no. Where was the option for an adamant - hell no?
smiley36.gif
So, Shanahan went for two out of a sense of fair play? Hmm, interesting thought. More likely he knew the Chargers were totally discombobulated, and thrust in the dagger for the kill. Consider also, If he had kicked the extra point, the game would have been tied, and the ref's error would not have seemedso egregious in retrospect. He alsoprecludedthe possibility of OT, and losing the coin toss.

Another strange officiating mishap that cost the Chargers big-time in that game.
<DIV =query>http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20080914007
<DIV =query>
<DIV =query>AP - Sep 14, 8:51 pm EDT

And with luck and calls going their way, why not?

Denver also benefited from a twist of fate in the first quarter, when the replay booth's machinery malfunctioned, preventing the officials from being able to overturn a San Diego fumble that led to Denver's first touchdown.

TV replays, which the crew didn't have access to, showed Chris Chambers' left elbow on the grass while he cradled a reception in his right arm as Champ Bailey was trying to strip it away. Hochuli waited the required 2 minutes, then ruled that the call on the field stood, giving Denver possession at the Chargers 29.

San Diego wasn't charged a timeout, and the Broncos capitalized with Pittman's 1-yard TD dive.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I think he went for 2 because both of them were moving the ball up an down the field. If he goes for the xp and has to kick off to the Chargers, odds are pretty good that the Broncos lose. He's essentially putting the game in the hands of the ref (literally with the coin toss) instead of his players.

I personally would like to see more coaches go for two. Shows moxie. PLAY IT LIKE MADDEN BABY.