NFL Week 2 2008

Tom Iron

Mentor
whiteathlete33,

I'd like to see Frerotte have three or four good games in a row, and during that time, groom Booty to take his place and let Jackson sink to #3 on the depth chart.

Next year have booty take over.

Tom Iron...

Bear Backer

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
How does everyone feel Gus Frerotte will do this weekend? I'm hoping for him to have a good game so Jackson stays on the sidelines.

In one sense I think it is pretty sad that a team would have to turn a 37 year old journeyman like Frerotte who has always had questionable accuracy and a history of picks. On the other hand, Frerotte is a somewhat reliable QB who can at least deliver a half-way acceptable passing offense in the NFL, which clearly Jackson can't. Jackson isn't even a real QB, but a guy who happens to take snaps under center. I think as long as Minnesota's defense and running game can produce Frerotte is a a much better option for the Vikings and should be ok. Really almost anything is better than Jackson at this point. Minnesota has no one to blame for this situation but themselves. There have been plenty of QB's available in the last few drafts that could fill their QB needs better than their caste Afflete. They chose to go with that clown and tried to pass him off as legit and as a result, they may be squandering what could be a golden opportunity in 2008 in a wide open NFC. Edited by: Bear Backer

Gi-15

Mentor
I still can't understand how you take a 1-AA player who's not even a superstar at that level, take him at the bottom of the 2nd round when everybody think he'll be at best a 5th rounder, and make him a starter his rookie year. Brad Childress and whoever is the GM deserve to be fired

Bear Backer

Mentor
Gi-15 said:
I still can't understand how you take a 1-AA player who's not even a superstar at that level, take him at the bottom of the 2nd round when everybody think he'll be at best a 5th rounder, and make him a starter his rookie year. Brad Childress and whoever is the GM deserve to be fired

Absolutely! About 90% of GM's and coaches in the NFL deserve to be fired for allowing themselves to be hamstrung by this horrible caste system. The bottom line is the NFL is willfully not putting the best product on the field because of race. They have lied to and decieved their paying fans all in the name of glorious "diversity" which really only means anti white. Nick Hill who went to my alma mater Southern Illinois was a better Div I-AA QB than Tavaris Blackson. Nick had more yards, more touchdowns, less interceptions and monumentally better accuracy than Jackson while playing in a tougher conference (Gateway) instead of the black college (SWAC) where Jackson played. Yet somehow Jackson was a 2nd rounder in 06, while Nick was not even drafted in 2008 and didn't even make the Chicago Bears roster. Nick was basically treated like a small school white guy, while Jackson got the caste Afflete treatment. In my opinion Jackson being drafted in the 2nd round was a Travesty (or perhaps a Tavaristy.)
smiley2.gif
Jackson doesn't even look like he deserved to be drafted, and I am sure that Nick Hill would make a much better NFL 2nd or 3rd string QB than Jackson could ever hope to be. One person comes to mind when I think of Jackson, Henry Burris, who was Perhaps the least talented QB my Chicago Bears ever had.Edited by: Bear Backer

white is right

Hall of Famer
Henry Burris made an NFL roster? Wow.....
smiley36.gif
He is your typical weak armed scatter gun CFL qb, who can scramble and run a bit. In the CFL he was a journeyman let alone in the NFL.

Bear Backer

Mentor
white is right said:
smiley36.gif
He is your typical weak armed scatter gun CFL qb, who can scramble and run a bit. In the CFL he was a journeyman let alone in the NFL.

He made two if I am not mistaken
smiley5.gif
I believe he was a Packer before he was a Bear.

Which is why I have always wondered why the CFL is so fixated on these weak armed, marginal black QB types. Can anyone more familiar with the CFL explain it to me? What is the reasoning? American and Canadian football aren't that different of a game are they? Isn't the CFL field even longer and wider than the NFL field? Wouldn't that make arm strength an important factor in the CFL game? Perhaps I am thinking too much in an American football mode, but wouldn't you need a strong accurate arm to hit CFL Flags and Deep Outs? Is it just because Canada is a more liberal country that is more diversity crazy? Edited by: Bear Backer

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Frerotte has been at least decent over the years. He can lead an offense. This is just a slow progression of things to come. It wont be long before they start promoting black punters and kickers.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Bear Backer said:
white is right said:
smiley36.gif

He made two if I am not mistaken
smiley5.gif
I believe he was a Packer before he was a Bear.

Which is why I have always wondered why the CFL is so fixated on these weak armed, marginal black QB types. Can anyone more familiar with the CFL explain it to me? What is the reasoning? American and Canadian football aren't that different of a game are they? Isn't the CFL field even longer and wider than the NFL field? Wouldn't that make arm strength an important factor in the CFL game? Perhaps I am thinking too much in an American football mode, but wouldn't you need a strong accurate arm to hit CFL Flags and Deep Outs? Is it just because Canada is a more liberal country that is more diversity crazy?

The CFL likes the running type QB, because they sometimes run a spread like offense and have the wider field. Since the field is wide it makes it easier to fit the ball into more open spaces on the short route too. There is more running from QBs in the CFL. It is easier to roll out of the pocket w/ a wider field. However, there is less RB running plays b/c of only 3 downs. The CFL has a higher percentage of whites than the NFL I believe. They also have more white defenders and RBs, but they do have a much higher percentage of black QBs. But I'd still take the CFL racial demographics over the NFL any day overall.

BTW Bear Backer I love your "Tavaristy" remark about Jackson.
smiley36.gif
Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Kaptain

Master
I haven't followed the Frerotte/Tarvirus story this week, but I could guess how this will be set up. You see Frerotte is the perfect back-up to a long-term heir appointed magical negro quarterback. Gus is an old mediocre QB - although be it leaps and bounds better than Tarvirus. So as to avoid a lockeroom revolt, the Vikings could start Gus and say that Tarvaris just needs to step back for a little while and regroup. I'm sure they are saying "He's still our franchise QB." It's funny how young black qbs get annointed and never have to compete for the position. Have they claimed that he has an injury that is effecting his performance yet?
One thing is for sure; they will never admit that he was flat beat out by a white counterpart.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Kaptain Poop said:
It's funny how young black qbs get annointed and never have to compete for the position.

That template was set by Bill Cowher when Kordell Stewart had only the most pedestrian of white journeymen brought in as backups. Even so, Stewart was benched at times during his interminable reign as the Steelers' starting QB so that the likes of Kent Graham and Tommy Maddox (who had been out of the league for years) could play. It was Maddox who sealed Stewart's doom by playing well.

The Titans had to get rid of Billy Volek so that Vince Young wouldn't feel threatened. Minnesota's a similar type of situation in that no one has wanted Frerotte as a starter for several years, but Jackson is so bad that Childress knows he'll be fired if a playoff caliber team's season is squandered because ofan obviously bad quarterback. There's limitations to how ridiculous the Caste System can operate at QB when the affirmative action is obvious to everyone.

foreverfree

Mentor
ToughJ.Riggins said:
[The CFL has] a much higher percentage of black QBs.

Do you mean *starting* black QB's, Tough J.? I would imagine so. When I was in college in the early '80s, I watched a lot of the then-fledgling ESPN in my off-campus room, including CFL telecasts (and watching Warren Moon scramble for Edmonton and Condredge Holloway do likewise for Toronto[?]). Later on, when the CFL (briefly) invaded the USA and fielded a franchise in Baltimore, that team had a black starting QB named Mike Pringle.

John

Gi-15

Mentor
foreverfree said:
ToughJ.Riggins said:
[The CFL has] a much higher percentage of black QBs.

Do you mean *starting* black QB's, Tough J.? I would imagine so. When I was in college in the early '80s, I watched a lot of the then-fledgling ESPN in my off-campus room, including CFL telecasts (and watching Warren Moon scramble for Edmonton and Condredge Holloway do likewise for Toronto[?]). Later on, when the CFL (briefly) invaded the USA and fielded a franchise in Baltimore, that team had a black starting QB named Mike Pringle.

John

Pringle was the RB, best RB in CFL history in fact. The QB you are reffering to is Tracy Ham if I remember correctly. And it's not just starting black QBs, a lot of backups are also in the "black, mobile QB" mold. Most of the time they are too short to play in the NFL, lack a strong enough arm, and else.

NFL may be "Not-For-Long" but that is also very true in the CFL, maybe more. Blacks QB can't find any consistency in the league, former league MVP and Grey Cup playing QBs like Marcus Crandell, Kerry Joseph, Casey Printers, Kevin Glenn and the list goes on are regulary benched for poor performance, sent packing, traded, and that despite their most of the time big contracts. The only stability at QB in the league that I remember are guys like Ricky Ray, Anthony Calvillo (mixed mexican or I don't know what) and Dave Dickinson when he was healthy. Even Henry Burris who is regarded as one of the best in the league was benched last year in favor of the dreadful Akili Smith. Their play is just sooo inconsistent. Can't wait for guys like Chase Daniel and Todd Reesing to enter the league, thoses guys are going to be real big stars.

Many years ago, I was watching Monday Night Football when O.J. Simpson was one of the announcers. O.J. said at one point, "The NFL should have more of the kind of quarterbacks they have in the Canadian league."