NFL Week 13

SchaafC

Guru
The ball was out of his hand before his knee hit the ground. If you're not officially down, you can't put the ball down.
Ground made the ball come out, the ground can not cause a fumble. Go somewhere else troll.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
When YOU hit the ground, the ball can pop out safely. When nothing but the ball hits, he's not down.

Yes, please go elsewhere. So far you've called Christophe Lemaitre a PED user and are supporting Cam Newton. I know for a fact now that you've been banned from this site before.

SchaafC

Guru
Look what happens when Tebow is allowed to throw. He owned them, keep this play calling up Fox and you will get another win.

Shockwave

Ground made the ball come out, the ground can not cause a fumble. Go somewhere else troll.

I'm a troll because I know the rule? You're not considered tackled until you're down. It doesn't matter that Allen was draped all over him.. he wasn't down. If the ball is out before you hit the ground, it doesn't matter how the ball came out.

That's one of the more misinterpreted rules in the game.

Kaptain

Master
We all know his knee wasn't down - that's not the question. I tried some searches and tried to find something in an on-line rulebook and have nothing decisive as of yet. I did see one blog where somebody claimed in the NCAA it is a fumble but not in the NFL. I'm pretty sure the official rule would be that it is not a fumble as it goes against the old saying that "the ground can not cause a fumble." This is perfect example of that saying. Tebow was contacted by Jared Allen and the ball hit the ground. He should be down - no fumble. Until somebody proves one way or another its just opinion.

Riddlewire

Master
Tebow easily gets a yard on 3rd and 1 with a sneak.
So why do they hand the ball off?

Denver is the only team I know that doesn't use a QB sneak on 3rd and less than a yard.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Yes even the Patriots use Brady on qb sneaks for 3rd and 1. Or they could just line up with Tebow in shotgun and run qp power. He got like 4 or 5 tds in the redzone last year running qb power, Im sure he could get a yard. What happened to playing to Tebow's strengths, which is running?

L

Lew

Is John Fox purposefully trying to sabotage Tebow with his horrible play calling ? Tebow would be an offensive machine if he was allowed to play in a spread offense for the entire game instead of only the last 5 minutes.

SchaafC

Guru
Tebow easily gets a yard on 3rd and 1 with a sneak.
So why do they hand the ball off?

Denver is the only team I know that doesn't use a QB sneak on 3rd and less than a yard.
On their first possession backed up in the end-zone they should have used the QB sneak as well.

celt14

Gerhart annihilated some zulu Bronco defender after catching a screen pass. Reminds me of some of Hillis' brutalizing of zulus.

Riddlewire

Master
It seems the abilities of Denver's heralded defense might have been just a bit exaggerated.

celt14

Great play by Tebow.

Why are they not trying to tie the game up with a 2 point conversion?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Toby Gerhart is running well and Tim Tebow is working his usual magic. I don't know why I didn't start Toby for a second week on my FF team.

Anak

Mentor
Not sure why Denver didn't go for the 2 point conversion, whether you're down by 1 or 2 there's no real difference.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Gerhart annihilated some zulu Bronco defender after catching a screen pass. Reminds me of some of Hillis' brutalizing of zulus.

Yes, it was a brutal hit, one which smashed the weakling Zulu (Mario Haggan, I believe) to the turf.