NFL Preseason 2009: signings, cuts etc.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I can't believe that zero teams have signed speed demon RB Stan Zwinggi. This is absolutely ludicrous, he's the most talented prospect left unsigned. I mean Tyler Grisham, Todd Peterson and Eric Morris have gotten a shot at WR and are less talented prospects than Stan...no Stan Zwinggi? Stan has the versatility to play WR as well as RB since whites are barred from RB...a Percy Harvin role for Stan perhaps?

SDSU WR Darren Mougey is a talented guy I had forgotten to mention in my WR rankings and he was just signed by Atlanta. This guy can run the wildcat as well and should have made my top 50 WR rankings.

dwid

Hall of Famer
The only thing i can think Peterman was thinking is that he probably bought into the caste crap that he wasnt good enough for the next level and decided to play with a team that is close to home.

Why does Lovie Smith do this, scoop up talented White players and not play them? Theres teams that could use Peterman

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I should add that Eric Morris was just a "tryout" with hated Chicago, so he has zero shot at making it. Even Eric Peterman, who I ranked as my 12th best WR and best case scenario could become a Greg Jennings type player, has about a 1 in 20 chance of making it through Lovie's Caucasian WR cleansing and gaining a roster spot. I mean, what is Peterman thinking?

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
dwid said:
The only thing i can think Peterman was thinking is that he probably bought into the caste crap that he wasnt good enough for the next level and decided to play with a team that is close to home.

Why does Lovie Smith do this, scoop up talented White players and not play them? Theres teams that could use Peterman

Sorry, I didn't mean to delete my original post before you responded. You are certainly correct about Lovie. I am very upset about Peterman going there b/c he's such an elite talent.

But lets face it in today's NFL, Eric Morris would have had little shot to even make a practice squad with the obsession with "upside" over productivity. Personally, I think Morris tops out as a solid/steady slot WR, but that should be enough to make a roster in a fair world.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

dwid

Hall of Famer
Well, ive read that the Roughriders are interested in Eric Morris. I am not too familiar with the CFL but I wonder if some of these White players would get a better shot at playing if they chose the CFL instead of wasting away on practice squads. If this is the case, id much rather watch Canadian Football.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
The CFL is more fair to white players, but we still have a caste system up there too. I'm thinking Stan Zwinggi is going to go up there and light the league on fire as a RB/WR Percy Harvin type and make the NFL regret passing on him. Eric Morris could be a good guy to work the middle of the wider field up there on the short routes. Hopefully, these guys will consider the CFL after they are snubbed by the NFL.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Will Johnson is a DL out of michigan. He was picked up by the Ravens as well.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Dissapoitning about teams shying away from Andrew Means. I dont know about his production and IU but he's 6'1 213 pounds and ran legit 4.4s at the combine!! For god sakes UNC had 3 wrs taken!!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
The white free agents seem plentiful this year. Go into camp with a little piss and vinegar boys and earn a spot!!

StarWars

Mentor
celticdb15 said:
Dissapoitning about teams shying away from Andrew Means. I dont know about his production and IU but he's 6'1 213 pounds and ran legit 4.4s at the combine!! For god sakes UNC had 3 wrs taken!!
It is truly astonishing how many players are quietly caste aside and forgotten despite amazing combine stats. If black he would be a second round pick with a lot of upside.

P-NutLane

Guru
The NFL draft is a joke. This year will have more 1st round flops than any previous year. It can truley come down to only two explinations. The people behind who drafts who are racist, or thay are stupid. Anything else has no evidence to back it up.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Glad to see UGA FB Southerland ink a FA contract. The guy was shafted being "overlooked" in the (BS) draft. Brannan lead the Dawgs in TDs/scoring 2 seasons ago, squats 750lbs+ & runs a 4.6 40 y/d. Although he was injured most of last season, he's still a powerhouse who's a devastating blocker. He should've went in the 3rd or 4th round (at the latest).

P-NutLane

Guru
Lets hope he aets some toats down by the goaline. If so, he'll have some TDs on his stats. Ill be rooting HARD for him to get a fair shake!

Europe

Mentor
StarWars said:
celticdb15 said:
It is truly astonishing how many players are quietly caste aside and forgotten despite amazing combine stats. If black he would be a second round pick with a lot of upside.

I think I heard Patrick Turner ran a 4.67 and he goes on the 3rd round?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yes, the white FA list looks pretty good right now. Just don't get too upset when many of them disappear before the regular season. Don't let the "annual anti-white purge" send you into a depression.

backrow

Hall of Famer
i will update the list little later, there are few new signings of interest.

also apparently Colt Anderson got what looks like the second biggest signing bonus out of all UDFAs. i guess that means they will try and keep him?

also, this just in from rotoworld (something positive to say about a white player? no way!)

Falcons waived DE Simon Fraser.

Fraser's versatility, size (6'6/300), and age (26) are pluses, and he can rush the passer. A 3-4 ballclub needs to give him a shot as a defensive end.

still unsigned: record breaking TE Mark Hafner, speedster RB Stan Zwinggi...Edited by: backrow

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Zwinggi ran a 4.47 at his Pro Day, but it was outside with rain and lots of wind. He consistently runs in the 4.3 range and has a PB electronic 4.18 40 time. Zwinggi is so fast he would challenge Chris Johnson for NFL's fastest man over 40 yards. It's completely ludacris that he wasn't drafted and even more ridiculous that no one wanted him as a UFA. The guy was productive as well, when he actually got the ball at Texas State. I think he'll go on to star in the CFL though and then "maybe" get a shot in the NFL.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Look out in Seattle..both Mike Hass and Logan Payne are on the roster, I hope they get fair shots but we will see. They will be an interesting team to watch during training camp. I am rooting for both Payne and Hass to make it but I really want to see Hass...he is my favorite player and it enrages me how he has been treated.