Lucian Bute vs. Alejandro Berrio

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Thanks Amren!

All the belts at Middleweight and Super Middleweight are held by white boxers - amazing!
smiley32.gif

.Edited by: JD1986

speedster

Mentor
Over at boxrec under Bute's record they have the fight as a loss!Morons.It must have been quite a vicious knockout as Berrio had to be helped back to his corner.

Amren.com

Mentor
speedster said:
Over at boxrec under Bute's record they have the fight as a loss!Morons.It must have been quite a vicious knockout as Berrio had to be helped back to his corner.

I think it was a stoppage and he didn't drop. I'm rewatching the fight right now.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Amren.com said:
Did anyone actually follow my updates?

I found a link at BoxRec and was able to watch the fight - luckily, it didn't start until about 7:45 Pacific time, after I downloaded the media player.

I'm sure some people followed the updates, though - it's always good for one of us to do it.

Amren.com

Mentor
speedster said:

He didn't drop but after being tagged for a bit, he took 3 wide open massive shots in a row in the face and then the ref jumped in.

Edit: One thing for sure, no one is going to say this fight was stopped prematurely. Berrio was totally sh!t faced punch drunk when the fight was stopped.

I remember some nuthuggers saying the Pavlik fight might have been stopped too soon.

Is Bute a Canadian citizen or does he just live and fight out of there? Edited by: Amren.com

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Berrio was out cold, but stayed on his feet because he was supported by the corner of the ring. Ideally the referee should have stopped it one punch sooner. Berrio had to be carried back to his corner.

It reminded me of the infamous Emile Griffith fight in 1962 (there's a movie and documentary about it, both called "Ring of Fire") where the referee didn't stop the fight when the other boxer (Benny Paret) was out on his feet in the corner, and he was literally killed in the ring live on national TV (he never woke up and died ten days later). Edited by: JD1986