Lucian Bute vs. Alejandro Berrio

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
On October 19, Lucian Bute (20-0, age 27) will face Alejandro Berrio (26-4, age 31) at the Bell Center in Montreal, for the IBF Super Middleweight title. If he wins, then white boxers will hold all the titles in the 168 pound division. I wish I could be there to see it! It may be broadcast live on TSN here in Canada.

Right now, of the 28 titles ( WBC, WBA, IBF and WBO ) from Light Welterweight to Heavyweight, whites have 16.

Heavyweight 4/4
Cruiserweight 1/4
Light Heavyweight 3/4
Super Middleweight 3/4
Middleweight 4/4
Light middleweight 1/4
Welterweight 0/4
Light Welterweight 2/4

Blacks have only 10 of the WBO, WBA, IBF, and WBC titles from light welterweight up to heavyweight, while Hispanics have two. Still, many people suffer from the delusion that blacks are superior boxers to whites.Edited by: JD1986

G

Bute is very good. He'll win. Cruiserweight champ Mormeck is a Frenchman. Unfortunately, he's a Frenchman like Lennox Lewis was British and I'm the f'ing Prince of Wales. The Congo Frenchman Mormeck fights another Congo Brit, Haye, in November. Maybe Bute can clean the joint out.

Jean Raspail saw this coming - the third world invasion of Europe...

[url]http://www.amazon.com/Camp-Saints-Jean-Raspail/dp/1881780074 /ref=pd_bbs_2/102-5542613-2606565?ie=UTF8&amp;s=books&amp;qi d=1187458292&amp;sr=8-2[/url]</span></span>

ww

Edited by: werewolf

G

Still, many people suffer from the delusion that blacks are superior boxers to whites.

They have certain racial characteristics that are beneficial in a sport such as boxing - thicker skulls, smaller and more simply constructed brains, receding foreheads and chins and protruding muzzles, flat nose, thicker skin...but once again man conquers the beast!

ww
</span>

JD074

Master
werewolf said:
Bute is very good. He'll win.Cruiserweight champ Mormeck is a Frenchman. Unfortunately, he's a Frenchman like Lennox Lewis was British and I'm the f'ing Prince of Wales. The Congo Frenchman Mormeck fights another Congo Brit, Haye, in November. Maybe Bute can clean the joint out.

Bute is a Super-Middleweight and Mormeck and Haye are Cruiserweights. But there are plenty of good Cruisers to keep an eye on. Adamek and Maccarinelli (who has a Cruiserweight belt) immediately come to mind. There's also Marco Huck, and Jirov recently made his comeback. I know a lot of boxing fans outside of this forum would laugh at this, but I'm actually pretty excited about the Cruiserweight division.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
JD074 said:
Bute is a Super-Middleweight and Mormeck and Haye are Cruiserweights. But there are plenty of good Cruisers to keep an eye on. Adamek and Maccarinelli (who has a Cruiserweight belt) immediately come to mind. There's also Marco Huck, and Jirov recently made his comeback. I know a lot of boxing fans outside of this forum would laugh at this, but I'm actually pretty excited about the Cruiserweight division.

The cruiserweight division is improving. The fighter who impresses me most so far is Enzo Maccarinelli, and Marco Huck has the potential to accomplish great things.

Huck is now the mandatory IBF challenger, so Cunningham will eventually have to face him.

Edited by: JD1986

G

"Bute is a Super-Middleweight and Mormeck and Haye are Cruiserweights..."

Oh yeah, I was talking about White title holders as per Canada Joe alias JD, and Frenchmen and Englishmen who are Frenchmen and Englishmen in name only , and then I guess I forgot what i was talking about... duh. Well maybe if Bute gains twenty-two pounds...

ww

JD074

Master
JD1986 said:
The cruiserweight division is improving. The fighter who impresses me most so far is Enzo Maccarinelli, and Marco Huck has the potential to accomplish great things.

Huck is now the mandatory IBF challenger, so Cunningham will eventually have to face him.

I saw some of the first Wlodarczyk/ Cunningham fight, and I wasn't impressed with Cunningham (or Wlodarczyk, for that matter) at all. He was a typical "scaredy cat" fighter. Pitty pat, backpedal, hold, repeat.

There's also been talk about Enzo fighting him. Enzo and Huck can both bang. Cunningham could be in for a rough ride against either of those guys.

Marco Huck vs. Vadim Tokarev, Part 1

Huck vs. Tokarev, Part 2

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
This fight is coming up soon (next Friday).

Pavlik won the Ring, WBC and WBO titles at 160, so all the world titles at Middleweight are held by White boxers.

At Super Middleweight there's still ONE to win - the IBF title - and perhaps Lucian Bute can defeat Berrio on Oct 19 in Montreal.

Edited by: JD1986

I never seen Lucien fight other than clips. But you better believe I will be rooting for him. Clean sweep in the Middles, and clean sweep in the super middles.
Eventually the caste system will have two choices.
1) Acknowledge that white fightres are dominating boxing.
2) Ban boxing.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Amren.com said:
I've never seen Berrio or Bute fight. Who thinks they know how this will turn out? Anyone know if it will be televised even if on Canadian TV? The fight is on Oct 19th in Montreal right?

Look in www.lucianbute.com - there's a couple of videos here

Several clips are on www.YouTube.com - just do a search for "Bute". If you search "Bute" and "Bika" it will bring up several segments of Bute's last fight...the last several rounds are VERY entertaining. This is the same Bika that dominated his opponent on The Contender, getting OWNED by Bute.

I heard in a boxing forum that Bute vs. Berrio will be on ESPN 2, but I don't see it on the ESPN schedule.

.Edited by: JD1986

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
The Bute vs. Berrio fight won't be on ESPN or TSN. However, a French guy on another boxing forum gave me this link so I can watch it on the TVA French channel:

http://tva.canoe.com/emissions/boxe/

then simply click on the orange-yellow icon with the little white camera where it's written: "voir l'emission en direct", and you should be able to watch it at the appropriate time, 10 pm Eastern.

Amren.com

Mentor
JD1986 said:
The Bute vs. Berrio fight won't be on ESPN or TSN. However, a French guy on another boxing forum gave me this link so I can watch it on the TVA French channel:

http://tva.canoe.com/emissions/boxe/

then simply click on the orange-yellow icon with the little white camera where it's written: "voir l'emission en direct", and you should be able to watch it at the appropriate time, 10 pm Eastern.

I wonder if it possible to watch this on Canadian satellite?

G

"On October 11, Lucian Bute (20-0, age 27) will face Alejandro Berrio..."

Oct 19 not 11, that's 2 days from now. Thanks for the link, hope it works.

ww

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
werewolf said:
"On October 11, Lucian Bute (20-0, age 27) will face Alejandro Berrio..."Oct 19 not 11, that's 2 days from now. 

It was originally scheduled for Thursday Oct 11 (at the time I started this thread). About two weeks later, when they were sure the Bell Center would be available on the Friday, it was rescheduled to Oct 19. I just edited my initial post, changing the date.

lumsdenpower

Mentor
don't worry guy! I am a big time fan of Bute since 2004, i've seen him fight in live. He is gonna win this by KO, In his last 5 fight, he had just 1 KO, why? Because he was using big glove of Type ''winning'', for protecting his hand against stupid hand injury, now he is gonna us ''Reyes'' type of golve, the same of Berrio, Bute have some power, I tell you, Bute WON this by TKO or KO!!!!!!!!
Another futur white champion!!!

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
It's 6 pm Pacific time, so the fight starys in about an hour. I hope the link works - I'll post the result when it's over.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Amren.com said:
I can do some updates...though I'm not an expert in boxing if anyone cares...

Thanks, Amren. I can't get the internet TVA site to play the fight.