Kevin Love

j41181

Master
Another yeoman effort for Love, and a rare T'Wolves win.

27 points, 17 rebounds

JReb1

Mentor
Another great night for Love in a T-Wolves victory over Houston. Love had another double double, 20 Pts, 14 Rebs, and 3 assists.
smiley32.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Sensational game considering he played two nights in a row with heavy minutes. I can't wait to see him in the All Star Game. I'm so glad he made it!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
Not bad for a "non-athlete":

<DIV ="re">

Kevin Love, who suffered a shoulder injury on Wednesday, had 18 points, 18 rebounds and zero 3-pointers for his 42nd straight double-double, and 51st before the All-Star break, setting an NBA record. George Mikan had 50 double-doubles before the break in 1950, but Love snapped that record tonight. His right arm went numb after he took a hit to his shoulder during the game, but he returned to finish. Our guess is he'll be fine after the break. Edited by: Don Wassall

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
Not bad for a "non-athlete":

<DIV ="re">

Kevin Love, who suffered a shoulder injury on Wednesday, had 18 points, 18 rebounds and zero 3-pointers for his 42nd straight double-double, and 51st before the All-Star break, setting an NBA record. George Mikan had 50 double-doubles before the break in 1950, but Love snapped that record tonight. His right arm went numb after he took a hit to his shoulder during the game, but he returned to finish. Our guess is he'll be fine after the break.

in the Sportscenter highlights of the above-mentioned game, which featured some head-to-head between Love and Blake Griffin, the lead in said that Love vs. Griffin, "was all Griffin all the time."

while Griffin had an excellentgamewith 29 points and 8 rebounds, Love was hardly dominated(as shown byhis robust double-double of 18 and 18). furthermore, ESPN "forgot" to mention that Love missed time in the game due to being injured.

so, it was typical "excellent journalism" by the worldwide leader in negro worship.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Deadlift said:
Love just had 20 and 20 in Minnesota's win at Detroit!

Making history! He's a phenom who will be a dominant force in the years to come!!!

j41181

Master
21 points and 23 rebounds for Love today, and unlike yesterday, they lost today to the Sixers.

Love's double-double streak now stands at 49 (NBA record is 51 set by Moses Malone also).

Most in NBA season is 71 by Kevin Garnett (Love has missed a double-double JUST 5 times so far).

If Kevin Love breaks BOTH records, that will send the DWF's spinning on their heads!!!!
smiley20.gif
smiley36.gif

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
I'd love to see Kevin break YOses Malone's record and then Garnett's. The castrated DWFs & punk caste lackeys can stick that in their (crack) pipe & smoke on it!

JReb1

Mentor
The DWFs and caste lackeys will use the excuse that Love was able to pad his stats because he was on a bad team... Yet NO other players on the numerous bad teams over the last THIRTY years were able to "pad" similar stats as Love's incredible rebound and scoring streak, so this excuse/theory doesn't hold water! Also how do you go about "padding" rebounds anyway? You're either good/great at it or you're not.

I can see how many players legitimately pad their PPG stats by being ball hogs which Love has never been or his FG% wouldn't be so high. Love could probably score at least 30 a game if he shot as often as the some of PPG leaders who almost always have sub-par FG percentages...

j41181

Master
20 points and 21 rebounds, another Wolves loss though.

3 consecutive 20-20 games, Love is doing what no player has done in the league since the 50's and 60's. Love looks like a bigger version of Jerry Lucas.

That's now 50 straight, he'll break Moses Malone (51) and make a run at Garnett's 71 season record. He's an ANIMAL, a SUPERSTAR, the real SUPERMAN.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
This feller is a true NBA superstar...unlike the many overhyped afroletes.

frankkey23

one of my roommates said kevin love is not an all star because he was not voted in, the other said kevin love wouldn't average over 12 rebounds on any other team

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
frankkey23 said:
one of my roommates said kevin love is not an all star because he was not voted in, the other said kevin love wouldn't average over 12 rebounds on any other team
And what do you say, or do you just let your roommates do all of your critical thinking for you? So he wasn't voted in. You do know that the voting process in any of the all-star games is pretty much a popularity contest, not really rooted in current yearperformance. After all, Yao Ming was "voted in" and what has he done this year (or last year, or the year before)?

And finally, KL wouldn't average over 12 rebounds a game "on any other team"? What criteria is this based upon? Just trying to help those rusty gears in your head to start turnin'.Edited by: FootballDad

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I think it's pretty obvious Love is an elite talent. He's just as good a rebounder as Dennis Rodman only with an offensive game as well.

frankkey23

I think he's an elite talent, anyone averaging over 20 pts and 15 boards while shooting 45% from 3 is an elite talent. As for not being voted in that was exactly my argument, you have half of China voting Yao Ming in. I couldn't sway his opinion so I dropped it.
The person who said he wouldn't average over 12 boards a game on any other time attributed this to poor rebounding by the timberwolves supporting cast (Timberwolves are 4th in rebounding differential) I gave him numerous example of poor rebounding teams like Golden State or Clevland that Love would put up similar numbers on. I would say my house is full of dwf's, but i don't know what that means haha.

foobar75

Master
Kevin Love has 21 pts and 14 rbs with 4 minutes left against Dallas as type this. He has broken Moses Malone's record, and can now extend it to hopefully 60 and beyond.

I'm also looking forward to him breaking thug Kevin Garnett's team record of 71.Edited by: foobar75

j41181

Master
foobar75 said:
Kevin Love has 21 pts and 14 rbs with 4 minutes left against Dallas as type this. He was broken Moses Malone's record, and can now extend it to hopefully 60 and beyond.

I'm also looking forward to him breaking thug Kevin Garnett's team record of 71.
Congrats to Kevin Love, the only knock against him is the team's losing record. The 71 is an NBA record, with Love now owning the consecutive streak record, breaking the season double-double record is one way of dealing the negative myth against white athletes a mighty blow!

JReb1

Mentor
<h1 style="margin-bottom: 5px;">Rank 'Em: 2008 draft revisited </h1>

What would the top of the 2008 NBA draft look like if the teams involved got to do it all over again?

It
takes time to accurately assess any draft class, but a number of
players from the 2008 selection process aren't wasting any time
establishing themselves as NBA stars. Derrick Rose is among the MVP
favorites this season, Kevin Love can't stop collecting double-doubles
and players like Russell Westbrook and Eric Gordon are stars by almost
any measure.

Below you'll find eight of the biggest names from the top of the 2008 draft. What order would they go in now?http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/rank?versionId=1&amp;listId=998#topOfList

Lets
try and get Love to #1! Love is currently being picked 2nd and Gallinari
picked 8th :( and last in this poll. Lets get these great White players
drafted higher in this theoretical re-draft.
smiley20.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Nice article on Love -- except for the incredibly ignorant and racist statement the writer for Cultural Marxist AP just had to include.

Minnesota's Love approaches Moses Malone Record

<DIV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; : transparent; COLOR: #000000; OVERFLOW: ; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; TEXT-DECORATION: none">
<H3 =byline>By JON KRAWCZYNSKI</H3>
<H3 =credit_line>AP Sports Writer</H3>
<DIV id=story>

MINNEAPOLIS -- The downtrodden Timberwolves faithful rose to their feet and roared like they rarely have done all season, saluting Kevin Love for being one of the few reasons to keep coming to Target Center during another long, miserable basketball winter in Minnesota.

Love raised his hand and thanked the crowd, who delivered a standing ovation Monday night when he recorded his 51st consecutive double-double, which ties him with Moses Malone for the longest such streak since the NBA and ABA merged in 1976.

Through another season filled with losing - the Timberwolves have lost a Western Conference-worst 50 games this season - watching Love try to keep his historic streak going has become the primary draw for this struggling franchise.

One more double-double against Indiana on Wednesday night and he will surpass Malone, who had 51 over two seasons in 1978-79.

"It's a heck of an accomplishment to be that consistent and put up the kind of numbers he's been putting up," Timberwolves coach Kurt Rambis said Wednesday. "It's very, very difficult to do that kind of thing so it's nice to be rewarded with that standing ovation."

Love's streak started on Nov. 22 against Oklahoma City and has endured despite opponents doing everything in their power to keep him in check. He's had guards crashing the boards behind him, centers trying to knock a potential rebound out of bounds rather than let him get it and forwards take it to him on the defensive end to try and wear him down.

"Amazing. Amazing. Amazing," Dallas All-Star Dirk Nowitzki said after watching Love put up 23 points and 17 rebounds in the Mavericks' 108-105 victory on Monday. "Fifty-one in a row is unbelievable. He just has a great knack for the ball. He's got great hands. He's got a low center of gravity. He's a beast out there. He's going to be fun to watch for a long time."

There have been some close calls - 12 points and 12 rebounds at Dallas on Dec. 1, 12 points and 10 boards at the Clippers on Dec. 20 and a 10-point, 10-rebound squeaker against Memphis on Feb. 2.

But for the most part, Love has been posting no-doubters all season long. He had 37 points and 23 rebounds against Golden State on Feb. 27, 31 and 21 against the Thunder on Jan. 26 and 43 and 17 at Denver on Dec. 18.

He has 11 games with at least 20 points and 20 rebounds, including a 31-point, 31-rebound game against the Knicks that came before the streak started.

"It's a joke he's doing it so easy," Dallas coach Rick Carlisle said. "Unless he gets hurt I don't see anyone stopping it anytime soon."

Love missed practice on Tuesday to get an MRI on his left knee after falling and banging it on the floor against the Mavericks. The tests showed just a bruise and the team listed him as day-to-day.

In other words, the Pacers shouldn't get their hopes up.

"I'd be jumping for joy if we were winning and everybody was playing great including myself," Love said after the loss to the Mavericks dropped the Wolves to 15-50 this season. "I'm just going out there and playing hard and it is just kind of happening for me. But it is kind of an afterthought because we aren't winning."

The Timberwolves have won just 11 times during Love's incredible streak, and Lakers coach Phil Jackson tweaked the young All-Star before a game last week.

"He's a guy that really goes after rebounds, gets all the missed free throws and the ones at the end of quarters," Jackson said with plenty of sarcasm. "He gets a lot of numbers. It's quite significant."

Yet most coaches in the NBA speak in glowing references about Love, whose production is based largely on effort, guile and instincts and little on athletic ability.

"You just don't see that today and that's what's remarkable about it and is so gratifying to me; that there is a guy that is kind of old school," Charlotte coach Paul Silas said. "Rebounding is important. Everybody today is about scoring and that kind of thing. But rebounding is something unusual."

Love's doing them both, averaging 20.9 points and 15.8 rebounds per game.

"You're not going to stop his streak," Kobe Bryant said. "The ball just doesn't bounce his way for 48 minutes, that will stop it. But if the ball's somewhere around him, he's going to get it."

If he does it again on Wednesday night, perhaps there will be another standing ovation, another impressive reception, another wave to the crowd that has embraced him like no other Timberwolves player since Kevin Garnett.

Love just wishes those cheers were coming for wins, not numbers.

"It felt great to have the crowd on their feet, such a great ovation," Love said. "It's one of those moments where you pinch yourself to see if it's real.

"The Target Center, all the fans, the Twin Cities, all of Minnesota have been great all year. They've had our backs. I can't imagine what it's going to be like when we really start winning and turn that corner."
http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/03/08/2104470/love-misses-practice-with-bruised.html

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
You just can't average almost 16 rebounds per game without having good athletic ability. It's physically impossible. I know because I played a lot of basketball in my high school years. Sure you have to know how to box out but it also takes good leaping ability and explosion. Since Love is taking the NBA by storm they have to knock his skills somehow. Since he's white they make the claim that he's not very athletic.

I've mentioned this before but Love actually has the exact same vertical(35 inches) as Blake Griffin. He's not an above the rim guy like Griffin but it's worth stating.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
"Yet most coaches in the NBA speak in glowing references about Love, whose production is based largely on effort, guile and instincts and little on athletic ability."

What a bunch of crap! As whiteathlete33 points out, Kevin Love is a excellent athlete.

So I guess the multitude of Negroes drafted each year that flop in the NBA should be viewed as lazy and stupid since they are supposed to be so freakishly athletic but they suck at playing a team sport.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The knock on Love coming out of high school was that he was slow and couldn't jump. A 35 inch vertical proves otherwise. He's also averaging almost 21 ppg and that takes some athleticism too.
smiley2.gif
If you can put up those types of numbers simply on effort, guile and instincts then maybe I'll try out for the NBA.

j41181

Master
Love has done what Howard and Griffin will NEVER do in their entire NBA careers, simple as that. What Love achieved is more than just sheer guts, instinct, or determination, it also has to do with tremendous athleticism. Love wouldn't score 21 points and snatch 15 rebounds ALMOST every game (or an NBA player) if he didn't have a 35 inch vertical.

As WA33 has stated many times, Love's just a "below the rim" type of player, and there's nothing NONathletic about that. Just pure ignorance on DWF's just because of Love's white skin. BTW, ENDOMORPHS can be superb athletes too, Love has a body type that is similar to that of Shaq and Brakley. So much for Love being UNathletic. Edited by: j41181

On the NBA thread I wondered who was the last white player to rebound like this.
Well, Swen Nater averaged 15 rebounds a game in 1978-1979.
Dave Cowens averaged 16 rebounds a game in 1975-1976. He also had some great rebounding years before that.
Dan Issel had some good rebounding years in the Seventies.
Jerry Lucas was an incredible rebounder too. He is one of the few guys to grab 40 rebounds in a game.
But, the last white player to average as many rebounds a game as Love to lead the league was Bob Petit with 16.2 in 1955-1956. That is some great company.