Kevin Love

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I remember Kevin's draft profile. I've posted it below. It's not all bad, for a white kid it's probably "glowing". Note the areas highlighted, some typical caste-speak.

<H1>2008 Draft Profile - Kevin Love</H1>He's a great college player who knows how to score and displays a strong IQ at times. He can play in the ‘trees', finish, and has a good touch. He will struggle defensively at the next level, and could be a major bust in the lottery. His position will greatly depend on how UCLA fares in the tournament. Love might be best suited for a few more years with such a strong program.

Draft Profile provided by: Brian Mazique - This kid is one of my favorites in the draft, he is very limited athletically, but he is a true gamer with exceptional basketball knowledge and skills. In the pros he will score decently and rebound because he is a wide body that knows the positioning game well. He will struggle defensively against athletic (affletic)bigs, see NCAA semifinal game when handling Joey Dorsey was an extremely difficult assignment. Solid outside touch and great post moves, that said his best quality is as a passer. His rookie season he will be one of the top three passing big men in the league. He most reminds me of Bill Laimbeer, without the dirty play. Mostly, he is a winner that will ultimately be an important part of a winning team, just needs to be on a team where his weaknesses are not as easily exposed and taken advantage of.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Very limited athletically huh? I guess it doesn't take any athletic ability to grab rebounds. Hmm. How could any human being be playing in the NBA if they are very limited athletically? It's more typical caste garbage.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I also note that he is compared to Bill Laimbeer. Now Laimbeer was a good player, but Love is nothing like Laimbeer, besides that he's white. Speaking of Bill Laimbeer, here is how he is remembered as a player according to NBA.com...........

"In 14 bruising NBA seasons Bill Laimbeer made up for his minuscule vertical leap, slow feet, and sluggishness by becoming a master of posturing, muscling, and anticipating -- plus fomenting trouble, pretending to be fouled, and drawing his opponents' ire."

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
"He will struggle defensively against athletic (affletic)bigs, see NCAA semifinal game when handling Joey Dorsey was an extremely difficult assignment". This is the funniest thing in that whole write up. Where the hell is Joey Dorsey now???!! Ya I couldn't tell you, I do know however that Dorsey height was lied about. He was listed at 6'9 by Memphis but was magically 6'6 when the draft came around. Critics tried to slam both Hansbrough and Love's legitimate heights and they both were accurate!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Every successful white in the NBA was supposedly slow. John Stockton supposedly had very little athletic ability yet he's the best point guard the game has ever seen. How is that possible? Did he know magic?

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
Every successful white in the NBA was supposedly slow. John Stockton supposedly had very little athletic ability yet he's the best point guard the game has ever seen. How is that possible? Did he know magic?
Of course not! He was crafty, smart, a student of the game, scrappy, an overachiever, hard working, and(insert your own euphimism here).

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Chris Mullin, Larry Bird, Bob Cousy, and Kevin Mchale are players that come to mind who weren't affletic enough for the NBA but were stars regardless of the media's and DWF's evaluations of them.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Same with Steve Nash. Caste monkey Bill Walton once said during a broadcast that Nash couldn't jump over a piece of paper.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I remember that comment. He said something like "Nash has never had an advantage over any pg in the league in athletic ability." That's why he's the best guard in the league right now at 35 years of age.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
according to the Love scouting report quoted above:
Mostly, he is a winner that will ultimately be an important part of a winning team ...
is that not important in the NBA?

guest301

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
Chris Mullin, Larry Bird, Bob Cousy, and Kevin Mchale are players that come to mind who weren't affletic enough for the NBA but were stars regardless of the media's and DWF's evaluations of them.

Of that list above, Charles Barkely has said repeatedly that Kevin McHale was the hardest person for him to guard because of the variety of post moves he had and those very long arms that are even out of proportion for McHale's seven foot frame.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Same with Steve Nash. Caste monkey Bill Walton once said during a broadcast that Nash couldn't jump over a piece of paper.

I remember reading an article a couple of years back about Steve Nash throwing down dunks in practice pretty easily. When asked why he did not dunk in games his response was something to the effect of"a dunk and lay up are both worth two points".

Blue Devils

Mentor
Kevin had 18 points and 13 rebounds last night against the "Too White" Indiana Pacers.

Love is averaging 15.7 PPG 12.5 RPG on the season.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Another solid game for Kevin Love with 17 points and 12 rebounds. Also I should mentioned that Darko Milicic is averaging 22 minutes per game for his new team the Timberwolves.

j41181

Master
I'm more convinced than ever that Kevin Love is of Superstar material!

After posting 31 points & 31 rebounds, the NBA's 1st 30-30 in 28 years (following it with 24 points & 17 rebounds, Kevin Love had a lousy ZERO point effort against the Lakers. Such efforts could've easily discouraged a lesser player (white especially). But, NOT Kevin Love, he's bounced back with a vengeance, knocking in 24 points & 17 rebounds in his next game, and at the moment has 32 points & 19 rebounds vs. the Spurs. Stay tuned, the game is tied 106-106 at end of regulation.

The Wolves lose the game 113-109 in OT, but Love ends the game with 32 points & 22 rebounds. Milicic had 22 points 8 rebounds, 4 assists, & 5 blocks (7 TO's). Manu Ginobili was amazing with 26 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals. Edited by: j41181

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Love will be the best rebounder in the league for years to come. Darko Milicic is also starting to come alive in Minnesota was well.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
We finally have an american born all star again. Kevin Love is a beast. He will continue to get better and better. He is a force on both ends of the court. Now is only the Twolves can start winning on a consistant basis. They have lost so many close games this year.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
In only his third season in the league it's almost scary thinking about how good he can become. He's the best rebounder in the game right now and his offensive game has clearly improved.

I "love Love," and his lack of playing time per production is a caste classic. But his defense is pretty clueless, and needs a more efficient post game agaisnt taller centers.

j41181

Master
Kevin Love continues to roll with 21 points & 22 rebounds in 42 minutes. The Wolves lost 104-94 to the GS Warriors. David Lee is back in action and had a solid game... 10 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals, 1 block. Milicic had 9 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 blocks. Biedrins had 12 rebounds, but only 2 points.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Kevin Love was the one of only 2 players to have two 20/20 games in the same month. Now has his third as of last night. The guy is in the zone. What a force. He is like a Peyton Hillis on the boards. Nothing can stop him. I've been impressed with his scoring too. Teams are keying on him and Beasley yet Love is still getting it done. If he keeps this up, they will have to start considering him for the nba mvp voting.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
white lightning said:
Kevin Love was the one of only 2 players to have two 20/20 games in the same month. Now he has his third as of last night. The guy is in the zone. What a force. He is like a Peyton Hillis on the boards. Nothing can stop him. I've been impressed with his scoring too. Teams are keying on him and Beasley yet Love is still getting it done. If he keeps this up, they will have to start considering him for the nba mvp voting.