Kelly Pavlik vs. Jermain Taylor

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Thanks to lumsdenpower for the sopcast link, I got to watch the whole fight except for sound. Now about that sopcast download, is it going to infect my harddrive and eat away at my computer?
smiley18.gif

Congrats to Pavlik on a hard fought win. Credit to Taylor for putting up a good fight but this night belongs to Pavlik. He did what he had to and took the fight out of the judges hands. They say there is a rematch clause. Taylor's confidence is shot and I see a repeat of the same thing happening again. Way to go Kelly!
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

stikman26

Kelly is a stud. I was telling everyone at work that Pavlik would knock taylor out, it was looking bad in the second round, by the fourth I knew Kelly would win. Congrats Kelley great fight great finish.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
I told you, I told you, I told you. I said right hand, 9th round @ 2:10. It was right hand, 7th round @ 2:14.
That is 3 for 3, all bulls-eye predictions here on Caste.

CONDGRADULATIONS to Kelly Pavlik and all of you gentlemen here at Caste who stayed the course and stated your support for Pavlik and never waivered.

Taylor is a good fighter but he can now go fly a kite.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Alright! I'm thrilled that Pavlik won! More good news for us. Congrats Pav!
smiley32.gif

speedster

Mentor
With all the bull that's been happening lately in Jena,Norfolk,Raleigh and Cleveland all that negrocis this win is that much sweeter.Pavlik is as tough as nails,coming back from that knockdown showed a lot of heart and a no-quit attitude.Kelly you're the man again and my WHITE PRIDE is beaming.Na Zdrowie,na zdrowie,na zdrowie!
smiley32.gif

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Kelly Pavlik showed he has the heart of a lion with this amazing comeback win. In the second round my heart sank, but I had the feeling if he survived the round he would win. Pavlik seems to get stronger around the sixth and seventh rounds, as the accumulation of his punches begins to wear his opponents down.

Amazing! I bought the PPV for the fight for $45 but it was worth many, many times that amount.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Kaptain Poop said:
be interesting to see if ESPN even reports this fight tomorrow.

ESPN and Fox Sports have reports on the fight on their homepage (but not as the featured story), while Sports Illustrated has nothing. You have to click Other Sports to find anything.

Man I wish I had downloaded that software to watch the fight. I'm so happy right now. It's a great day.

beerchug.gif
Edited by: Don Wassall

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Jd 1986:
I haven't seen the replay yet but I suspect that knockdown of Pavlik came off a counter punch. Pavlik throws so hard that is the one way someone can hurt him. Taylor is not that hard of a puncher so an initial counter punch must have originally stunned Pavlik followed by the balance of the combination that Taylor threw.

I said two days before the fight on the Kelly Pavlik thread.
"In boxing anything can happen, lucky punch, low blows, etc. That being said, I see Pavlik winning this fight in the later rounds. Taylor has a tendency to tire. I have seen most of his high profile fights and Taylor is always sucking wind by the 6th, 7th round. I am not saying Taylor gets completely gassed, but winded none the less. Pavlik will not give him room to breathe. I see a KO coming and a new Middleweight king GO PAVLIK!"

JD1968 said
"Kelly Pavlik showed he has the heart of a lion with this amazing comeback win. In the second round my heart sank, but I had the feeling if he survived the round he would win. Pavlik seems to get stronger around the sixth and seventh rounds, as the accumulation of his punches begins to wear his opponents down".

I, like you JD1968 was positive that if Pavlik was able to survive the early onslaught that he would knock Taylor out. I thought that the knockout would come anywhere between the 6th, and the tenth. Taylor does not have the stamina or the heart to bang with Kelly for 12 rounds. No way in hell was he going to survive the pace that Kelly set. God I am so happy to see Kelly win. Seems to be just a great guy all around.
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

lumsdenpower

Mentor
Don Wassall said:
Kaptain Poop said:
be interesting to see if ESPN even reports this fight tomorrow.

ESPN and Fox Sports have reports on the fight on their homepage (but not as the featured story), while Sports Illustrated has nothing.  You have to click Other Sports to find anything.

Man I wish I had downloaded that software to watch the fight.  I'm so happy right now.  It's a great day.

beerchug.gif
you would have been SO nervous in the 2nd round man, damn, I was in shock...hopefully, Pavlik finish the round, and came STRONG in the 3rd..

lumsdenpower

Mentor
jaxvid said:
Thanks to lumsdenpower for the sopcast link, I got to watch the whole fight except for sound. Now about that sopcast download, is it going to infect my harddrive and eat away at my computer?
smiley18.gif
welcome!
and I don't thnik so that's gonna be a problem seriously!

Kelly is without a doubt the best middleweight in the world today. Sturm is a white warrior and a champion. Abraham is a white warrior and a champion. However, with Kelly Pavlik busting up Miranda, now Taylor (in dominate fashion with both may I say)there is not a doubt as to who is the Middleweight King is. Come to think of it we own ALL the titles at middleweight now.
I guess all the potentially dominate black middleweights are playing badminton.
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

lumsdenpower

Mentor
aussieaussie31 said:
Kelly is without a doubt the best middleweight in the world today. Sturm is a white warrior and a champion. Abraham is a white warrior and a champion. However, with Kelly Pavlik busting up Miranda, now Taylor (in dominate fashion with both may I say)there is not a doubt as to who is the Middleweight King is. Come to think of it we own ALL the titles at middleweight now.
I guess all the potentially dominate black middleweights are playing badminton.
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
You think that Abraham is white?

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
lumsdenpower said:
you would have been SO nervous in the 2nd round man, damn, I was in shock...hopefully, Pavlik finish the round, and came STRONG in the 3rd..

I thought he was done, he was on all fours and rocked pretty good, I also thought the ref would have stopped it too. If Taylor had pressed him after that Kelly would not have been able to do much and I'm sure the fight would have been stopped. That KD will give some ammo to the anti-Pavlik crowd but it just showed his toughness, I also think his nose was broken in the fight. What a tough SOB.

dkr77

Guru
Pavlik showed a lot of heart tonight. I think he got caught mugging at Taylor when he was clipped and knocked down in the second round. But he got back up, weathered the storm and continued walking Taylor down and eventually knocked him out. One of the best middleweight fights I've watched in a long time. By the way, every one of those judges need fired. I had Pavlik up by one point at the stoppage.

lumsdenpower

Mentor
I dont know many middleweight that if they would have been caught by the punch that Taaylor landed they would survive, Pavlik was carless, that gonna be a lesson for him!

Maple Leaf

Mentor
lumsdenpower said:
I dont know many middleweight that if they would have been caught by the punch that Taaylor landed they would survive, Pavlik was carless, that gonna be a lesson for him!

Taylor's not that hard of a puncher, Pavlik threw his own weight and momentum into it making it harder.

lumsdenpower

Mentor
your right, but, Miranda is a harder puncher than Taylor and Pavlik was all taking his best shot and he wasnt hurting..I guess Pavlik wanted to give a chance to HBO
smiley36.gif