Joe Jurevicius

Kaptain

Master
Jurevicius will get his first start of the year as Darrell "hands of stone" Jackson is out with a bone bruise and Bobby Engram is out with two cracked ribs. I don't think he has started since his injury in Tampa Bay. I hope he can once again prove everyone wrong. This may be the third team that he has work his way off the bench to become his teams most dynamic recieving weapon. BTW, the other recievers that he began to outshine were Amani Toomer, Ike Hillard, Keenan McCardell, and Keyshawn Johnson. I believe all of these guys are STILL starting recievers and have never been benched!
smiley24.gif

Kaptain

Master
BTW Rigginsleaguers, I'm starting him this week. Ohhh that watermelon grin keeps getting bigger!

Rumpleforeskin's swivel hipsters.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Darrell Jackson's knee is being operated on Wednesday and he'll be out for at least four games, more likely six or more. Jurevicius is now a starter, actually the number one receiver as Bobby Engram is also likely out tomorrow. Let's hope Joe and Matt Hasselbeck form a productive WR-QB duo for the rest of the season.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
After tommorows game we will be calling him Joe Cool.I think he will have between 80-110 yards receiving.if they just get him the ball,he is very good with the RAC yards.Go Jurevicius!

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
J.J. is leading the Seahawks in receiving so far today, although he is like the only WR they have starting.
smiley36.gif
But he has one big catch for 52 yards as of this writing. Every game I've watched him play in he's had a big gain or two. Not bad for a white boy, huh?

J.J., Bennett, and Finneran are all leading their teams in receiving yards so far today. Kevin Curtis is behind Tory Holt on the Rams. Edited by: White Shogun

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Should Joe be starting?How about 9 catches for 137 yards and a touchdown.It's so frustrating because the way these guys get treated.They will pat them on the back and say atta boy until the black receivers are healthy.Joe is better than any of them but gets treated like sh**.Just like all of the other teams treated him and so many other white wide receivers.Great game!Curtis played alright too with 63 yards receiving.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Joe was The Man today. What a huge game and a big win for the Seahawks. It was a joke that the injured Bobby Engram was starting ahead of him anyway. Jurevicius should remain as a starter the rest of the season. Even Mikey Holmgren can't deny that - I think.
smiley36.gif

Kaptain

Master
Don, I bet Mike is capable of denying Joe a starting spot. I just don't see Mike having the Kajones to tell one of his black starters that he has been outperformed by a "white-boy" and will be riding the bench. To think they almost cut this guy.
smiley5.gif

nj816

Without question Jurevicius should be a starter the rest of the season. However, i agree with Kapain that it wouldn't suprise me to see Holmgren relegate him to number 3 upon the return of Engram and Jackson.

Can you imagine if the roles were reverse and Jurevicius was the starter that sat out with an injury and Jackson put up the numbers Joe did today; Jurevicius would be getting splinters in his ass for the rest of his career.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Another facet of Jurevicius's big game last Sunday that was ignored by a media which kept insisting that Darrell Jackson and Bobby Engram were irreplaceable, was Peter Warrick "stepping up" with 1 catch for 7 yards.

Warrick had a few moments during his days with the Bengals but has mostly been a big-time bust. Yet I'm sure if you asked (the Caste System-programmed) football fans before the game if Warrick or Jurevicius was the better receiver, it would have been a 98-2 percent landslide in favor of the wrong answer.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Jurevicius is a MAN, I don't care what the experts say. A Dallas defender tagged the ball on a poorly thrown pass, and Jurevicius was hit at the same time. The Dallas defender doesn't get the INT, its in the air, but Jurevicius, spun around by the hit, stumbles, grabs the ball out of midair and gets SLAMMED by a Dallas defender right in the chest.

He hangs out to the ball. A catch.

Holding against the Seahawks.

*sigh*

backrow

Hall of Famer
yeah i was so pissed off when Bucs didnt even try to hold on to him after all he has done for this franchise... i follow Bucs since 1997 and i love my team but it's amazing how some all-time greats and other good white players are treated sometimes... just think Culpepper, Lynch and Joe Jurevicius... and i fear Mike Alstott will be next to receive the same treatment if he doesnt retire after this season...

JJ is a great WR never given the chance to start all season, while having good combo of size and speed and great hands... just to remind you that he helped Bucs to win Superbowl outplaying Keyshawn constantly while his newborn son was ailing and eventually died in the hospital...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'm so sick of the announcers mentioning after practically catch by Joe and other Seahawks receivers, that Seattle's two starting receivers are injured, as if Jurevicius hasn't always been a better receiver than Bobby Engram.

Seattle's offense didn't do a lot today, but they're the best in the league statistically and didn't miss a beat when Jurevicius and then Urban (who made some nice catches today) started getting lots of playing time.

backrow

Hall of Famer
in perfect world Joe would be starting WR and we could easily hear his name mentioned with the best... he has all it takes, and more character and determination than 90% of those overhyped wide recivers in NFL...

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I think what pisses me off the most about the anti white bigotry towards Jurevicius is that he has played well for stretches in the few chances he has had in his career and has made a ton of big catches in big games. He is nearing the end of his playing days, he is no longer a threat to the caste system and it wouldn't kill the announcers to lighten up and give some props to a nice guy. But no, those SOB's are so tanked up on the "HATE WHITEY" mentality that they have learned so as to survive as sportscasters that they will still disparage everything he does all the way to his last game in the league. It is really kind of sad. The sports media cannot lighten up for even one nice guy.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
backrow said:
yeah i was so pissed off when Bucs didnt even try to hold on to him after all he has done for this franchise... i follow Bucs since 1997 and i love my team but it's amazing how some all-time greats and other good white players are treated sometimes... just think Culpepper, Lynch and Joe Jurevicius... and i fear Mike Alstott will be next to receive the same treatment if he doesnt retire after this season...

I had forgotten about Brad Culpepper (not related to Duante
smiley36.gif
). He was a very good defensive lineman who was unexpectedly cut by Tampa and quickly disappeared from the NFL.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
And really--shouldn't a guy named Culpepper be white!

backrow

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
backrow said:

I had forgotten about Brad Culpepper (not related to Duante
smiley36.gif
). He was a very good defensive lineman who was unexpectedly cut by Tampa and quickly disappeared from the NFL.

exactly... he made tons of great plays for Bucs... but since we got McFarland (who still hasnt really lived up to the hype, even when healthy) he became expendable...

same happened to Lynch who was a true leader of Superbowl defense, along with Brooks... Lynch was let go of cuz he was blocking develpoment of Philips' .... and decent backup, John Howell followed shortly without ever getting a chance to start more than one game in a season... at least John is starting for good Broncos team

Kaptain

Master
Every white reciever that has been given a chance to start seems to do very well. I know Don mentioned on another thread about how white defensive players do disproportionelty well compared to blacks. I sure the same could be proven of white starting recievers. Just think of Drew Bennett a year ago, Kevin Curtis this year, and Brian Finneran. When given a chance they almost always do better than the black reciever they replaced. You would think some team would have a ureka moment and give more white recievers starting spots.

ps - Brad Culpepper was a standout viking reserve during the Denny Green era. He always was the best D-lineman in the preseason and on the field when he got a chance to play. Denny, of course, couldn't have that and got rid of him to Tampa Bay.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
In 7 games as a starter, Joe has rolled up 455 yards receiving and scored 5 touchdowns (and has 7 total TDsfor the season). Over a 16 game season as a starter that translates to 1,056 yards and 12 TDs, which would be an excellent season for just about any receiver, especially in the touchdown department.

Yet I haven't read a single article that doesn'tstate that as soon as Darrell Jackson is healthy, Jurevicius willinstantly returnto being a backup. Now Jackson is a clear starter, but it's just taken for granted that Joe will be the Seahawks' third receiver behind little Bobby Engram, the aging journeyman, as soon as Jackson comes back.

Engram is 5-10 and has never had a thousand yard receiving season nor has he ever scored more than 6 TDs in a season, while Jurevicius is 6-5 and has been moreproductivein his starting role than Engram could ever dream of being. But it's right back tobeing a backupfor Joe as soon as Jackson is healthy according to the "experts," and with Mike Holmgren being the head coach that's probably what will happen.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
What is it with Mike Holmgren?He screwed over Jervey,Schroeder and now will do it to Jurevicius.
This is really pathetic.It you ask me,Joe is the best receiver on the whole team.He has been screwed over and been unappreciated everywhere he has played.It's pathetic when a stud receiver is just ignored simply because the color of his skin.Edited by: white lightning

backrow

Hall of Famer
he WILL start, if he doesn't holmgren will shoot himself in the leg... he is WAY better than Engram...
i was so upset that Buccaneers let him go, and believe me, at least us fans appreciate Joe A LOT... there's still talk of what he did for us superbowl year..,

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Mike Holmgren spent much of his early coaching career at BYU under Lavell Edwards. Go figure as to why he acts the way he does now.
smiley5.gif

hedgehog

Mentor
I watched the Seattle game last week. Joe Jurevicius dropped a pass in the fourth quarter. The camera quickly turned to MIke Holmgren-who was red-faced, shaking his head and yelling. I think he thought that was Bill Schroeder for a minute. Unfortunately they didnt showJoe on the sidelines after that play. I was wondering what was going on.

whiteCB

Master
Could someone please inform me on this whole Holmgren/Schroder deal I keep hearing about? I have no idea what you guys are talking about. All I remember faintly is Schorder being a WR on the Packers when Mike was coachhing but that's about it.