Free Agency 2009

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Plaxico Burress was cut today by the NY Giants today if anyone actually cares.

icsept

Master
"Plaxico Burress was cut today by the NY Giants today if anyone actually cares."

Let's see if he gets a job before Matt Jones.

green fire317

Banned
you know he will. Everyone will say how bad cocaine is and how it was an unexcusable act. yet Plax brought a gun into a club where he could have easily killed someone. Atleast Matt was not putting anyone else in danger with his drug use. Edited by: green fire317

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Burress has been sued at least nine times (article linked about it in the NY Giants forum), has been arrested numerous times including for a racially inspired wilding attack, and has been an all-around gangsta wannabe ever since he was a rookie. Example:his first day at Steelers training camp his rookie season he showed up in a chauffered limo wearing a full-length fur coat (in July!). He's an idiot with criminal tendencies. Yet most of the same DWFs who hate on Matt Jones still like "Plax."

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Yeah, having beer while playing golf is worse than shooting oneself in the leg, of course.
smiley11.gif
DWFs at least think so. Plax could have killed someone. Definatly worse.
smiley7.gif
As Don said, these idiots and jock sniffers call Jones an "embarrasment to the league," but Plax is still a good guy in their minds.

I agree, Plaxico is an idiot brat like TO, Chad Johnson, etc.

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Plaxico will sign with a team before Matt Jones does. In fact, don't hold your breath for Jones even getting on an NFL team ever again. He has too much talent and will make the black corners look inferior and that can not happen in today's N egro F ootball L eague

StarWars

Mentor
Ya we dont want to see Jones go to a team that can actually throw him the deep ball, then he'd be too good.
smiley7.gif

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Boller was signed by the Rams. Hopefully he can put it all together and develop into the potential he has. He is still pretty young, 27 or 28 I believe. If Bulger is shaky again this season Boller could get a shot.

Im hoping Spagnulo gives Leonard a fair shot if he follows the same philosophy as the Giants with a RB by committee. Also I do not want them to draft Josh Freeman, who is this years media black qb savior. I am hoping he goes to the Bucs and falls flat after a few years in the league much like their new coach.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I'm waiting to see which team stupidly takes Freeman. Drafting a "project" at QB is about the most self-destructive move a team can make.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
I read a real doozy of a blurp about Freeman over on Yahoo
where he was ranked as the third QB. Hope it has not been mentioned before.

Freeman has questions concerning his accuracy and ability to throw to open receivers.

It's too deep for me.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
After reading that article its nice to see Stephen McGee finally get some attention. How Pat White is up so high is a mystery to me? Im sure Bomar will get a bump in the next few weeks. White is nowhere near a NFL caliber QB, he could be Seneca Wallace at best (spot starter with decent sucess).

Freeman is getting compared to Flacco which is bogus. Flacco improved every year and has a much stronger arm and better mobility than Freeman. I think Freeman will be a bust and he was a product of Jordy Nelson in his senior year.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Freeman is also being compared to Roethlisburger...which only remotely makes sense in the fact that they're both pretty big.

It's incredibly rare to hear a black athlete compared to a white athlete. The only circumstance in which the sports media will do so is, of course, when the black player about to be drafted as a QB in the NFL.

White players, in absolutely no way, shape, or form can ever be compared to god's chosen athletes.

green fire317

Banned
comparing freeman to roethlisberger is a joke. Lets wait until freeman leads his team to a couple of superbowls and then compare him to roethlisberger.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
They would rather compare Freeman to Culpepper and Russell, but that would produce too many snickers, even from the DWFs.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Back to that waste, "Plax", for a second. How and why could anyone sign him? Burress faces charges that have a minimum 3½ years sentence. Burress had an expired concealed carry (CCW) license from Florida, but no New York license. Seems like a pretty clear case to me. If he serves this jail time it would pretty much end his playing days seeing how he is already 31. Matt Jones will definitely be signed first while teams wait for Plax's trial.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Tampa has a West Coast offense, which Leftwich is totally unsuited for. I'd like to see McCown beat him out, but given the new head coach and the general direction they've been going with offensive personnel it won't be surprising if Leftwich is the starter to begin the season, until he gets injured or is eventually benched.

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
And if Buyrum Leftover starts, he will just make the white quarterbacks in the league look that much better.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Scott Pioli, longtime Patriots GM, has now acquired the following white players: Matt Cassel, Mike Vrabel, Zach Thomas, Monty Biesel,and guard Mike Goff.

All are potential starters. Pioli was also smart enough to keep LB Weston Dacus and S Jon McGraw on the roster. The Cheifs just signed more white players than most teams have on their entire roster. For that, I wish them the best this season.

Monty Biesel (former Chief, Patriot, and Cardinal) played a key role in the Card's superbowl run on ST...but should finally have a chance to start and keep the job. Who knows, Pioli was dumb enough to let him leave while in NE....and instead signed super-vets like Junior Seau.Edited by: Thrashen

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
KC is shaping up to be one of the teams to cheer for this season, they just need more whites on the O-Line, and some skill position players.

Also, Dick Jauron seems to have gotten the message about playing overrated, black sumo linemen. The Bills traded Jason Peters to the Eagles for a first round pick. They also released Derrick Dockery, Melvin Fowler, and Duke Preston. The Bills have also signed two white O-Linemen too.

The Eagles meanwhile, released Runyan, and signed the two sumo Andrews brothers, then traded for Jason Peters. Curtis, Bradley, and the Eagles lone white O-Linemen whose name escapes me now, will be feeling very lonely this season.

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=857514&ni d=3661937&fhn=1