Free Agency 2009

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Jay Cutler is demanding to be traded.

after all the new coaching staff has done to try and get rid of him, who can really blame him?

any thoughts on what this move would do? i wonder if he gets traded, would he urge his new team to try and get Hillis (who he's a huge fan of) who is apparently not valued by the new Denver coaching staff either?

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
There's literally no chance in hell Grandpa Galloway will be taking any snaps from Welker...even thebraindead media and DWFs would see that as a crock. I wouldnt worry about it.

Second of all, why does Josh McDaniels hate Cutler so much? He's young and has a big arm. As much as I like Cassel, Cutler is more proven (despite no playoffs). This late in the offseason, who do they expect to bring in and start? Very strange. Teams like the Lions, Bears, Jags and Jets would be a perfect home for Cutler.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Jimmy Chitwood said:

after all the new coaching staff has done to try and get rid of him, who can really blame him?

any thoughts on what this move would do? i wonder if he gets traded, would he urge his new team to try and get Hillis (who he's a huge fan of) who is apparently not valued by the new Denver coaching staff either?

I was initially sympathetic to Cutler's position, but he's coming across like a spoiled brat now, if media accounts of what's taking place are accurate. It's okay to make your displeasure known (white athletes should do it more often), but having done so move on. He's getting paid a ton of money and should do what the coaching staff wants him to do, within reason. I think he's overplaying his hand and being white he's gonna get tagged with a bad reputation by the media and DWFs that he won't be able to shake whether he stays in Denver or goes elsewhere.

DWFan

Mentor
Jimmy Chitwood said:

I read the other day on profootballtalk.com that Scheffler had stated intentions not to show up at this morning's meeting (I don't know whether he actually did or not), so I guess it might end up a total purge. Cutler and Scheffler had a good thing going...I wonder if they might try to find a common team.

dwid

Hall of Famer
well Steltz was named the bears starting FS for about a week, now it looks like he is a backup SS

"Josh Bullocks opened the Bears' offseason as the starter at free safety.
Converted CB Zack Bowman will work behind him. Bowman has more upside, but Bullocks is a proven tackler with starting experience, and the heavy favorite to start Week 1. It looks like Craig Steltz is behind strong safety Kevin Payne."

bullocks is one of the worst safetys i have seen, he looks lost

worst safety ever

How can a cornerback be this bad? you can see bullocks messing up assignments several times

WTF, i think this proves LOVIE SMITH IS A LITTLE RACISTEdited by: dwid

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
also, Kevin Payne might be the slowest defensive back in the NFL.

when he was coming out of Louisiana-Monroe, he ran in the high 4.7's to mid 4.8's... yet somehow, he was fast enough to get drafted.

while i think Payne is a pretty good football player, the fact that he can't outrun my neighbor was overlooked because of his "playmaking ability." meanwhile, numerous white defensive backs who are every bit as good on the football field and run much faster somehow don't have what it takes...

once again, we see that melanin is THE key ingredient for an NFL player.

dwid

Hall of Famer
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...g-and-2-drafts
has anyone heard of the bleacher report, are there news sources reliable? This is what i read:

"This is unconfirmed.

However, an inside source says a trade will bring Jay Cutler to Washington is almost complete.

The leak came roughly about one hour ago....

The deal would see Jay Cutler, Tony Scheffler, and Cleveland's third round pick going to Washington.

Jason Campbell and Chris Cooley going to Cleveland and one of Denver's fifth round picks.

Brady Quinn going from Cleveland to Denver, and LaRon Landry from Washington will be going to Denver. We thought that the Bailey-Portis trade was big."

So quinn to Denver, probably just a rumour though...Edited by: dwid

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Craig Dahl to the Rams...he might get playing time, Spagnulo was his d-coordinator with the Giants.

DWFan

Mentor
If this deal comes to fruition, I guess I'll be a Redskins fan. I'll go buy a generic blank baseball cap and magic marker and write "Redskins" on it. The NFL isn't gonna get another cent out of me.

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Unfortunately the Cutler move to Washington would limit Colt Brennan's play. I would have liked to see Brennan get a chance, he looked very good in pre-season last year.

green fire317

Banned
i think cassel would do better in dever, better recievers and he played with gaffney last year in New England.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
The Eagles have signed black FB Leonard Weaver.

LINK

To his credit, Weaver looks pretty athletic at the fullback position from what I've seen. Eliminates a white starter from last year in FB/DT Dan Klecko. Hopefully Dan can move back to tackle where he was pretty productive.

green fire317

Banned
has anyone else heard rumors of cassel going to Denver cutler going to Washington and campbell going to Kansas City?Edited by: green fire317

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Here is an update for some free agents.

Saints re-sign QB Joey Harrington

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=852027&ni d=3661843&fhn=1

Texans sign DT Shaun Cody

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=852004&ni d=4248912&fhn=1

Sam Koch signs Ravens RFA offer.

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=851236&ni d=3662149&fhn=1

49ers release sumo Jonas Jennings.

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=851184&ni d=3684126&fhn=1

Saints released S Kevin Kaesviharn.
smiley18.gif

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=851173&ni d=3668818&fhn=1

Two sumo signings.

Packers sign OG Duke Preston

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=852028&ni d=3661939&fhn=1

49ers sign OT Marvel Smith

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=851952&ni d=3683569&fhn=1

dwid

Hall of Famer
yeah i was upset at the releasing of kevin kaesviharn.

Fans always gave him so much crap. He was always the scapegoat of the secondary. Bullocks (who he replaced) was horrible and never knew where he was supposed to be. Bullocks was a scapegoat at first and people were screaming for KK to replace them, they got better results but still screamed for KK to be released.

With KK in we were able to run more zone coverage and able to cover up the cornerbacks flaws. Yes he messed up sometimes, but every defensive back does and gets beat, but for the most part, he helped our defense get a little better.

Everyone assumed that the signing of Jonathan Vilma made our defense better, but it was actually KK and the Saints running more zone coverage that helped us out, made us get burnt less.

Even then, he is only one man and cant stop every pathetic cornerback that we had from getting burnt. The only cb that showed promise last year was Tracy Porter.

Jason David looked better because he was allowed to play in more zone coverages, with help from KK over the top.
Jason David + Bullocks both were burnt toast and Jason David was the main scapegoat with some blame on Bullocks. Check out the lowlight on youtube of Bullocks, made by a Bears fans, they are really upset that Chicago signed him. Makes sense though, Lovie Smith is stupid and would rather have someone who sucks and never got the position than having Craig Steltz in there. (who was listed as the starting FS for a few weeks this offseason) Now Steltz is slotted as the backup SS. I hope the Bears go 0-16

Jason David + KK, People think Jason David actually improved (but still was terrible) and KK gets the blame for the poor secondary.
I hope these old safetys they brought in can fill the void, i doubt it. As long as overpaid Charles Grant and Will Smith dont get pressure (and dont lose weight) there will be a scapegoat in the secondary.
Since those two will be suspended for 4 games hopefully we will see more of Charleston (was working at a copy shop or some place like that in the middle of the season, came in and got the same amount of sacks in limited playing time as Will Smith who started the whole year and is payed like a top ten DE)
Edited by: dwid

dwid

Hall of Famer
http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=8920

Jay Cutler will be traded by the Broncos

Ceo announced:

"Numerous attempts to contact Jay Cutler in the last 10 days, both by Head Coach Josh McDaniels and myself, have been unsuccessful.

A conversation with his agent earlier today clearly communicated and confirmed to us that Jay no longer has any desire to play for the Denver Broncos.

We will begin discussions with other teams in an effort to accommodate his request to be traded."

I dont know exactly whats going on here, i dont think its all Cutler. People are making him out to be this big crybaby. I think the Broncos organization are making it out as if Cutler is the bad guy.
Edited by: dwid

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I would like the Lions to trade their No. 1 pick to get him.

guest301

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
I would like the Lions to trade their No. 1 pick to get him.

The likely #1 pick of the Lions is QB Matt Stafford who is often compared to Jay Cutler. So that would be a sweet deal for the Lions if they can pull off a simple trade like that, I suspect the Broncos would want more than that.

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Cutler goes to Chicago. Another white player for Lovie to ruin.

guest301

Hall of Famer
WHITE NOISE said:
Cutler goes to Chicago. Another white player for Lovie to ruin.

Not this guy. Cutler is the real deal and once he emotionally toughens up just a little bit, I expect him to lead the Bears to a Super Bowl or two in the next five years. The caveat being that the Bears find him some better Wr's to throw too. The tight end Greg Olson is fine but the best WR in Chicago pitches for the Cubs, Jeff Samardzija!

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Hope your right, but it doesn't strike me as a match made in heaven, even though there is plenty of Lovie going around.

G

They didn't need him, they need an O'line, Mike Hass in the lineup and the Number one D and then they will win, and this is from a Pack fan.