Fabio Cerutti

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Tommorow(Thursday) is the Primo Nieblo Race in Italy. It is the tenth aniversary of this race and they have layed down a brand new mondo track. It should be very fast in my opinion. We have all three italian stalians running in the 100. Collio, DeGregario and Cerutti. I expect one or two of these guys to go sub 10.20! I will be anxious to see this race on tape. Good luck to all three guys but especially Cerutti who is probably the best of the bunch. He also has the advantage of being very tall. Even with a average start, he usually can make up for it. Viva Italy!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I forgot to mention that Paul Hession of Ireland will be opening up his season tommorow as well against Cerutti and the rest of the guys. It's about time he is running. I was starting to think Hession hung up the spikes.

StarWars

Mentor
Fabio Cerutti just ran a 10.31 into a 1.3 m/s headwind in the semis. With a tailwind he could break 10.20 today in the finals.

StarWars

Mentor
He just ran a 10.33 in the finals into a 2.30 m/s headwind. That is probably the fastest white 100 meter of the year. With 2 m/s tailwind that equates to about a 10.03 legal. I think Cerutti is the white man to beat right now, barely ahead or tied with Lemaitre.

Craig is running this week too. Hopefully he gets a bit more lucky with the wind.

albinosprint

Mentor
not bad considering the head wind

StarWars

Mentor
The 10.33 in the final with a 2.3 m/s headwind is the fastest white 100 meter of the year. To give you an idea of how fast that was, he beat Steve Mullings of Jamaica, who has run a 10.14 with no wind this year. I am calling it now, Fabio Cerutti will win his National Championships in a time under 10.10, and Di Gregorio and Collio will be close. Fabio Cerutti looks to be gaining the consistency he has been lacking lately. I hope a lot of Italians go to Berlin to cheer him on. I have no doubt in my mind that Cerutti will get a PB under 10.10 this year.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
That is a very solid race. Similar to the Craigs last year in Reiti. That could have been a sub 10 or damn close. I like the fact that Fabio showed the strength to run that strong twice in the same day. He is a beast and he should obviously be the favorite to win the Italian Champs. Don't count out DeGregario though if the wind is not a factor. He is so quick out of the blocks.

StarWars

Mentor
Both Lemaitre and Cerutti have been very unlucky with wind. Both should run under 10.1 or close by the end of the year. Obviously Pickering too.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
What in the world is Fabio doing? I don't get it. He should be racing every week or at least every other week. I know he races in Rome on July 10th but where else does he race? He is making a mistake if he doesn't get into better race shape. He needs to get his body used to running alot to handle the rounds run at the World Champs. Not to mention making the team for Italy. I'm a fan of his and I just want to see him out
there sprinting. Hopefully he will compete soon. He needs to get his p.b. down as well into the sub 10.10 range.

StarWars

Mentor
He will beat any of the Italians at their Nat. trials. Maybe he wants to peak at the right time unlike in 2008 when he ran 10.4 in Beijing. This might be smart. We'll see.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I know DeGregario and Collio are reppin. Italy at the Team Euro Cup this weekend. Where is Fabio? Maybe he is going to just run in the relay but as I said before, regardless of how much talent he has, he needs to start racing more. If anyone hears anything, please post it and I will do like wise.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Fabio finally ran a race - and a good one too. 10.15 in Switzerland today.
Also Marc Schneeberger in 20.46 in the 200m.
Robert Tobin and Martyn Rooney (finally!) 45.15 and 45.35.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Saw some of his videos. He has a lot of confidence -even arrogance- and has a lot of boink in his legs. He even looks like Joe Calzaghe. He has to start finding something big to get a dime off his time.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
DiGregorio 10.21 and Cerrutti 10.23 in Italy today. Wind 1.0
Basically the same wind and times as Pickering yesterday.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Nice races by both of the italians. I expected Cerutti to be at this level but DiGregorio is a pleasant suprise. Time is not on his side so I hope he can really make some more serious strides this summer. Also, I hope Collio who is around the same age as DiGregorio can finish the summer strong.

I expect Fabio to go sub 10.10 soon. He like somebody else just raced too close together in his last couple of races in my opinion. The body needs to fully recover and without peds, it takes longer. Cerutti is going to break his p.b. very soon.Edited by: white lightning

StarWars

Mentor
Cerutti is heating up. It was just a matter of time. He should break 10.10 soon. It's a bright future we have. And if Cerutti, Lemaitre, Guliyev, or Pickering break ten in Berlin a huge weight will be lifted.

waterbed

Mentor
jacknyc said:
Fabio finally ran a race - and a good one too. 10.15 in Switzerland today.
Also Marc Schneeberger in 20.46 in the 200m.
Robert Tobin and Martyn Rooney (finally!) 45.15 and 45.35.

the 2md in the 100 meter race was Maurizio Checcucci with a 10.26.that was a new PR for him and he is 35 years old
smiley36.gif

mastermulti

Master
unfortunatley none of the Italians did anything at the Rome meet last night, their best being a mere 10.29.
Meanwhile there were several good sub 10s on the same night with Gay recording 9.77.

I won't be pinning my hopes on the Italian stallions for this season now

Rome GalaEdited by: mastermulti

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Fabio and Simone Collio are racing in Athens tommorow. I have a strong feeling that Fabio is going to set a new personal best. The conditions should be perfect. Keeping my fingers crossed as I know how dissapointed he was with his last performance. Good luck to both of the Italians.

Wariner is supposed to race in the 400 against Merrit as well but I'm hearing he might have pulled out. See what tommorow brings.

albinosprint

Mentor
yeah, I read that on IAAF.org, but he is not on the start list. would like to see the Italians make up for the other day.