Fabio Cerutti

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Fabio won his race today with a new p.b. of 6.58! His italian teammate finished 2nd in a 6.60 time. Cerrutti is only 23 and he has a p.b. of 10.13 from last July of 2008! He is going to be another sprinter to keep an eye on. I can't remember a indoor season in several years with so many white sprinters running in the 6.50's range. That a key time for most sprinters who want to get into the 10.0x or sub 10 range. Here is his bio.

http://www.tilastopaja.org/db/atmeaa.php?ID=53081Edited by: white lightning

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Cerruti ran 6.55 in the semis of the Italian National Championships today.
I think the final is still to come.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
It looks like Cerruti was DQ'd in the final.
Too bad. I would have liked to have seen what kind of time he would have run.
Simone Collio won the race in 6.63.

G

very impressive...6.55 already! i seriously underestimated this guy.

G

The European Indoor Championships will be held in Torino, Italy in 2009. I predict Fabio Cerruti, red-hot, tied for his country's fastest time ever (6.55), who recently lost the Italian championships due to a false start, and who will be competing on his home turf, will break the 6.5 barrier. The conditions are right and the times are there.

G

From what ive explored on the internet, ive read no indication that cerutti wont race in turin on march 6-8th in the european championships. i hope he does. his 6.55 sec 60m is an italian n.r. and is ranked 3rd in europe right now!!! not to mention the two leaders are dwain chambers, a "former" roider, and suspected counrtyman simeon williamson, who visited jamaica this summer. these blacks might not only be doing this to win, but maybe to even claim they are better athletes than whites. in my opinion roiders excluded cerruti is the fastest in europe.

G

right now obviously. he is not as smooth as pickering. who knows what could happen in turin. personnally id rather see pickering win, but cerruti would do fine. imagine if pickering and him went 1 and 2. cerruti does have an odd running style tho. heres his race in the semis of italian champs...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FnX978LKfY

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
There's this fifty year old black guy in my graduate English class. We got to talking about the Olympics and sprinting one afternoon, and suddenly he goes and tells me Pietro Mennea was the greatest 200 runner of all time.

I just thought that was pretty cool.

G

thanks giovani you just reminede me of allan wells and now hes my avatar. go scots!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I think he is going to run now. Great news if it is true. He is the class of Italy. I've been excited about this guy since last summer when he ran a 10.13 outdoors. What an amazing time and he ran it with no wind at his back. Fabio has a realistic chance of lowering that this year with his new found explosive start. Good luck to the italian stalian!
smiley32.gif
Edited by: white lightning

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I just watched it. Thanks for posting it. What we would do with out youtube or castefootball?
smiley36.gif
Seriously I love the fact that we can see our favorite athletes perfoming and then discuss this here on this site.

He looked great. He has descent form. He doesn't look as powerful as Pickering but he sure can run. One thing I don't like about Craig is how his arm swing is too side to side. Cerutti keeps his going straight ahead. No wasted movement. This guy has the confidence. No doubt about it. I like that in a sprinter. You have to have a little swagger without being a total jerk.

Out of all the sprinters we discuss here, I think Christian Blum has the best form of any of them. He really intrigues me with what he might be capable of. After that, the other sleeper would be Christophe Lemaitre. He has stride length like if he is running on the moon. It is one of the longest strides I have seen. It makes it a little harder to be a quick starter, but it doesn't matter when he is up and going. I see this kid doing serious damage down the road as well with Blum.Edited by: white lightning

G

i completely agree with everything you said. and you cant forget young dariusz kuc! definitely pickering needs to work on his form and cerruti needs to get in the gym, same with blum. lemaitre just needs to get older. born in 1990 almost 1991! he is so young.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I just wanted to bump this thread back towards the top after Cerutti took the silver medal today at the European Indoor Champs in a time of 6.56! Bravisimo I belive is how they say it in Italy.

Well he went 10.13 last summer. What can he do this year outdoors? Predictions? I will start with a time peaking around 10.05 or so. I wonder if they call him the Italian Stallian?
smiley36.gif
As fast as he runs, he probably has to drive a Ferrari. Either way, I don't care if he drives a Yugo as long as he goes sub 10! Congrats to Fabio on a very good indoor season.

albinosprint

Mentor
I'll say 10.08 for Cerutti this year.

I agree that Blum and Lemaitre have the most talent as well as Ramil Guilyev from Azerbijan.
Guilyev comes from that warm weather climate, which is more important than people realize, plus AZE. is a garbage dump so he might not have good training facilities/coaching yet

greyghost

Mentor
yo the germans are back must agree with whitelightning ,blum has the potential obviously has to get stronger but watch out for martin keller this year outdoors this guys leg cadence is phenomenal as seen in beijing 4by 100 relay and one of the fastest splits " ich glaube dieses kerl hat alles"and dont forget about unger too soon and yes lemaitrehas a big future
smiley2.gif

StarWars

Mentor
Fabio Cerutti has a PB of 10.13 into a headwind of .1. He did this in 2007 with a 6.62 60m. dash. His 6.55 60m. dash mean that he is already capable of sub 10 times, and with a tailwind can get in the low 9.9's. Talk about liding under the radar!

I expect great thing from him in times, but don't feel he will ever beat Pickering, Blum, or Lemaitre in a big title race.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
For those of you who haven't seen Cerutti in his 10.13 race. He destroys the entire field and the track actually doesn't look to be that fast. If he were running on a really good track with a nice tail wind, he would have pushed 10 seconds flat already. Get ready for big things this summer from Fabio! He must get all the ladies with a name like that!
smiley36.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY5ilcc2cAU

j41181

Master
Impressive!

If conditions are just right for him, he can easily break 10 seconds. Let's just hope he can continue progressing further to reach his full potential.
smiley2.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Simone Collio ran a 20.88 on Saturday. I've been trying to find a link to the results but I've been unable to. I'm curious as to when Fabio will race. Collio is looking good early in the season. Viva Italy!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Just found this. It looks like he has some work to do. He is a full half second(.50) behind Pickerings time in the same 150 meters race. Either way, it is good to run some longer races for both of these guys. That is one thing that not enough euro sprinters do on a yearly basis. The longer sprints really help your 100 meters speed endurance. As an example, look how strongly Merrit finished his 200 meters win at the Addidas Classic. That is because he runs the 400 alot. It gives him the extra edge over the other sprinters who ownly focus on the shorter sprints. Not that I'm a Merrit fan. I can't stand the guy. Here is the link. I should have put it up top.

http://translate.google.com/translate?tl=en&sourceid=ie8-activity&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fidal.it%2Fshowquestion.php%3FfldAuto%3D10097%26faq%3D63Edited by: white lightning

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Cerruti ran 10.27 with 2.2 wind today in Spain.
Not bad, but not great either. I guess I was hoping for something better.