Caste Matchups Week Ten

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
@Jack Lambert: Thanks for the 'Bama/LSU breakdown.....pretty depressing. I guess we can hope for one to lose tonight and the other to lose down the line. I live in SEC territory and the hype over these two teams is pretty insufferable.....:icon_rolleyes:

No problem, Northwinds! Happy to help! :) I'd like to see 'Bama win, but if LSU wins, they could lose to the Hogs over Thanksgiving, those games are always tough for the Tigers.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Im going for LSU, they have a better shot at losing later on.

Line breaks off a 22 yard run to give him around 72 yards for the day so far, just hit the 2nd quarter. He now has over 1000 yards rushing for the season.

Last edited:

MikeCaffey

Granted its a blowout lead but Texas used a white fresman tailback named Heath Hoemann for a carry for 6 yards. I don't know if he is a walk on player but maybe another one to look for down the road. Its nice also to se Georgia's Kyle Karempelis get some carries and look good doing it.

MikeCaffey

Iowa State's Jeff Woody had a career day with 64 yards on 9 carries and a td outplaying the 2 black rbs in front of him.

itsme

Guru
Jesse Williams on Alabama is from Australia, and if I had to guess would say he might be half white. He speaks like a white Australian in the interview footage I just saw of him. He could be half white and half Pacific Islander or something, doesn't look half Aboriginal.

He looks like your typical Maori or Pacific Islander. Australia has enough of both.

MikeCaffey

Line with over 100 yards on 10 carries and still time left in the first half. Awesome. I think June Jones is going to use him a lot today just to get him closer to a chance to get the Doak Walker Award.

dwid

Hall of Famer
I doubt June Jones cares whether Line wins the Doak Walker award, he just wants to win games, otherwise Line would have gotten more carries when the passing game wasn't clicking, its only after multiple 3 and outs that he realizes that he has to run Line to keep the ball moving. He is going to need more yards and more touchdowns. He is in a small conference and his team has lost a few games. Trent Richardson is probably the favorite being that he has similar numbers but is on an undefeated team in the SEC. As we saw with Gerhart it didn't matter that he had better numbers and helped his team to its first bowl game in several years, he still lost to Mark Ingram in the Heisman race, and Toby was in a big conference. Line is going to have stats that are much better than Richardson. If Richardson gets shut down tonight that might help, its on a big stage.

Just as long as he gets to be a semi-finalist and some name recognition I will be happy. In 2007 Matt Forte had like 2,100 yards rushing and 23 tds in the C-USA and never won, was a 2nd round pick though. He lost to McFadden who had 1800 yards and 16 tds.

Last edited:

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Mike Taylor got a pick (off of a deflection) earlier.

Brendan Kelly looking impressive! Great frame and upside.

SchaafC

Guru
Granted its a blowout lead but Texas used a white fresman tailback named Heath Hoemann for a carry for 6 yards. I don't know if he is a walk on player but maybe another one to look for down the road. Its nice also to se Georgia's Kyle Karempelis get some carries and look good doing it.
Heath Hohmann according to his hi-light video ran a 4.3?????? Wow how have we not covered him? Would love to see a white back at Texas.

icsept

Master
Ryan Swope burns Sooner defense for a 79 yd TD! The announcer had to mention the Sooner afflete that couldn't catch Swope was running with a broken toe.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Zach Line with his 3rd rushing td for the day bringing him to 17 for the season, he has 119 rushing so far with a quarter left. They are stacking the box and hes having to fight for every yard, even though he hasn't gotten many carries. I think this is due to that their run plays are telegraphed by where he lines up, how close to the qb and what spot.

MikeCaffey

Heath Hohmann according to his hi-light video ran a 4.3?????? Wow how have we not covered him? Would love to see a white back at Texas.
I had no idea he ran a 4.3 !!!! Is he a scholarship player? I wanted to watch the game because of Jaxson Shipley but he has a slight injury. Alex Torres played well as did Austin Zuzalik and Blake Gideon looks like a 2nd round draft pick. Thanks for the info.

MikeCaffey

Rice rb Turner Petersen has 77 yards rushing in the first half. He also is 3 for 3 throwing the ball. Who would have ever thought Petersen would be outrushing McGuffie 2 years ago though McGuffie seems to be injured a lot.

SchaafC

Guru
I had no idea he ran a 4.3 !!!! Is he a scholarship player? I wanted to watch the game because of Jaxson Shipley but he has a slight injury. Alex Torres played well as did Austin Zuzalik and Blake Gideon looks like a 2nd round draft pick. Thanks for the info.
Ya he is on scholarship, his recruitment video had him running a 4.37. So ya lol BEAST!!!

dwid

Hall of Famer
There are so many talented White high school athletes that its simply too many to keep up with since the recruiting services don't do them any justice. We miss out on alot, luckily some make it through and shine, unfortunately for every one there is probably dozens that that fall through the cracks. Look at his bio on Texas 5'9 188 pounds as a freshman and his nickname is "Lil Sproles", unless his height is serioulsy inflated I don't know how he could be a "lil sproles". He had 2600 all purpose yards his senior year.

SchaafC

Guru
There are so many talented White high school athletes that its simply too many to keep up with since the recruiting services don't do them any justice. We miss out on alot, luckily some make it through and shine, unfortunately for every one there is probably dozens that that fall through the cracks. Look at his bio on Texas 5'9 188 pounds as a freshman and his nickname is "Lil Sproles", unless his height is serioulsy inflated I don't know how he could be a "lil sproles". He had 2600 all purpose yards his senior year.
True that dwid; I have used so many of your videos to show family and friends the proud white players. Thanks and keep em coming.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Thanks, im glad you like them. I would recommend downloading them because you never know if they will take them down.

Austin Cassidy with a nice pick, he looked like Tommy Z with his straight line speed out there, of course he was a walk on.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Turner Peterson is leading Rice in rushing with 71 yards and a td, a long of 44. I guess Sam is still hurt. Would be kind of cool to see a dual backfield with McGuffie and Peterson. Burkhead isn't getting much blocking and they are shutting down any option plays.

MikeCaffey

Derek Lawson is having a solid game for Arkansas State as he is approaching 100 yards with 20 minutes to play.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Martinez gets Nebraska back in the game with a TD strike to Tim Marlowe!!

Marlowe was compared to Tim Dwight by one of the all-black announcing crew for the game, not bad if the obligatory racial comparison has to be made; while Burkhead was called "not only a throwback" but someone who can catch as well. "Throwback" in that instance was meant as the equivalent of the sighting of a member of a species thought to be extinct.