Caste Matchups Week Ten

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I just thought I'd get the thread started again with a caste matchup on ESPN tonight with Temple playing Ohio.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Chandler Harnish 17/26 265 yds 6 TDs / 16 Car 133 yds last night :high5:

Chris Coyer looks like a Tebow clone for Temple. He is a sophmore, it looks like he has a bright future as well.

Riddlewire

Master
It looks like the Temple QB position is going to flip back to white after tonight's game.
There's no way you take somebody that "dynamic" off the field :biggrin:.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
It looks like the Temple QB position is going to flip back to white after tonight's game.
There's no way you take somebody that "dynamic" off the field :biggrin:.

Yeah, the offense was night and day for Temple when Coyer wasn't in or was in. Stewart was absolutly terrible in his couple series.

Tettleton impressed me tonight too, and he looked good.

Solich gave Beau Blankenship the second most carries for an Ohio RB on the night with 6, and he made the most of his carries, gaining 37 yards off of them. He had an impressive 10 yard run in the 2nd quarter. Riley Dunlop is a pretty good WR, and a nice complement to Brazil. Ohio is a fun team to watch. Noah Keller is still pretty good at MLB for the Bobcats, despite missing most of last year with injury.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Last night, was Chris Coyer's first chances to throw the ball and he did not disappoint with 3 TDs and 0 interceptions. However, upon checking out this young man's stats I've come to realize they have used him in some earlier games this year. He had a 68 yard touchdown run against Villanova. He also had a 74 yard touchdown run against Ball State. On the season he is averaging 12.6 YPC. This guy seems like a helluva play-maker.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Last night, was Chris Coyer's first chances to throw the ball and he did not disappoint with 3 TDs and 0 interceptions. However, upon checking out this young man's stats I've come to realize they have used him in some earlier games this year. He had a 68 yard touchdown run against Villanova. He also had a 74 yard touchdown run against Ball State. On the season he is averaging 12.6 YPC. This guy seems like a helluva play-maker.

I checked up on Coyer too, Freethinker, and I believe you are correct. I look forward to seeing what this kid will do in the future. He's definitely a super-sophomore.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Unfortunately, last night Boston College could not pull off the upset of Florida State. It was never close and BC is really having a down year. However, the leading receivers for both teams were White men. For BC, Bobby Swigert lead the way with 3 catches for 61 yards and the lone touchdown. For Florida St it surprised me that they had any White skill players, be it a tight end of course. True freshman Nick O'Leary had 3 catches for 87 yards.

px191_685e_9.jpeg

Here's O'Leary making an athletic catch in HS

From an old ESPN article:
Nick O'Leary, the nation's No. 2-ranked tight end on the ESPNU 150 and the 20th overall prospect in the country, committed to Florida State on Sautrday, his father told ESPN.
The 6-foot-4, 230-pounder from Dwyer High School in Palm Beach, Fla., picked the Seminoles over Georgia, Alabama and LSU, Bill O'Leary said.

I guess I now have a small reason to follow the Seminoles.

dwid

Hall of Famer
They also have Bjoern Werner who kept making plays. They kept talking about the other highly touted recruits on the dline but as far as play, he was the only one that stood out. Before the Boston College game he had 6 sacks. He was coming with alot of pressure and even had an interception. I didn't have time to watch the entire thing since I was busy, but every time I looked up there was a White guy making a play.

referendum

Mentor
I'll have the matchup list up tomorrow morning before the games start, been really busy at work. People need to be fed, no matter what the state of the economy, it seems.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I'll have the matchup list up tomorrow morning before the games start, been really busy at work. People need to be fed, no matter what the state of the economy, it seems.

I totally understand about the work situation, referendum. I've been busier than ever here lately, and haven't been posting as much.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
I totally understand about the work situation, referendum. I've been busier than ever here lately, and haven't been posting as much.

Ditto. :icon_neutral:

MikeCaffey

Hello Gentlemen. Its great to finally be on this site. I just want to make one prediction for today's college games. Zach Line will run for over 185 yards and 3 touchdowns against a very weak Tulane defense.

referendum

Mentor
Another long list for today's games.

Ohio 15 Temple 7 winner
BC 13 Flor St 4 loser
Col 12 USC 6 loser
Mich St 12 Minn 8
Ball St 14 E Mich 8
WV 7 Louisville 4
Vandy 10 Flor 1
NC St 11 NC 4
Iowa St 10 Kan 7
Duke 10 Miami 4
Wisconsin 14 Purdue 9
Wyoming 15 TCU 10
TAMU 8 Okla 5
Stan 14 Oregon St 8
Navy 12 Troy 6
Kentucky 8 New Miss 3
Rice 14 UTEP 5
West Kent 9 FIU 2
Wash St 13 Cal 6
Missouri 9 Baylor 6
SDS 12 NM 7
Boise St 15 UNLV 5
Fresno St 10 La Tech 6
Oregon 9 Wash 6
Utah St 11 Hawaii 4

In terms of the LSU Alabama game I don't know who to root against more, is there a way they both could lose? I suppose I hope that whoever is most likely to lose another game this season is the team I'd like to see win today, but I'm not sure who that is. I'm hoping for a non SEC national championship game, though a Stanford vs LSU/Bama matchup wouldn't be bad either.
In addition to Stanford, Boise St and the usual white friendlier teams, I'm also rooting for Houston, because the more undefeated teams at the end of the year, the more pressure builds for a playoff system, which I'd like to see, if only to puncture the myth of SEC/ACC supremacy.
As a fallback option I'm also rooting for Oregon today, just in case they end up beating Stanford (hopefully they won't) and become the whitest team out of LSU/Bama, Oklahoma/Oklahoma St in the running for the national championship game. It would be extra nice if they could keep their white QB starting.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Hello Gentlemen. Its great to finally be on this site. I just want to make one prediction for today's college games. Zach Line will run for over 185 yards and 3 touchdowns against a very weak Tulane defense.

Welcome to the site, and I hope you are right on the prediction!!! :thumbsup:

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Kyle Karempelis just got a couple carries for Georgia and made the most of them, gaining 23 yards. Then Murray hooked up with Michael Bennett for the easy TD.

Keith Nicol has 3 catches for 41 yards and a TD against the Golden Gophers at halftime.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I'm pulling for Alabama, but I'm worried that LSU will find a way to win..

I know that Alabama is more talented, but that doesn't always translate to a victory.

icsept

Master
Another long list for today's games.

Ohio 15 Temple 7 winner
BC 13 Flor St 4 loser
Col 12 USC 6 loser
Mich St 12 Minn 8
Ball St 14 E Mich 8
WV 7 Louisville 4
Vandy 10 Flor 1
NC St 11 NC 4
Iowa St 10 Kan 7
Duke 10 Miami 4
Wisconsin 14 Purdue 9
Wyoming 15 TCU 10
TAMU 8 Okla 5
Stan 14 Oregon St 8
Navy 12 Troy 6
Kentucky 8 New Miss 3
Rice 14 UTEP 5
West Kent 9 FIU 2
Wash St 13 Cal 6
Missouri 9 Baylor 6
SDS 12 NM 7
Boise St 15 UNLV 5
Fresno St 10 La Tech 6
Oregon 9 Wash 6
Utah St 11 Hawaii 4

In terms of the LSU Alabama game I don't know who to root against more, is there a way they both could lose? I suppose I hope that whoever is most likely to lose another game this season is the team I'd like to see win today, but I'm not sure who that is. I'm hoping for a non SEC national championship game, though a Stanford vs LSU/Bama matchup wouldn't be bad either.
In addition to Stanford, Boise St and the usual white friendlier teams, I'm also rooting for Houston, because the more undefeated teams at the end of the year, the more pressure builds for a playoff system, which I'd like to see, if only to puncture the myth of SEC/ACC supremacy.
As a fallback option I'm also rooting for Oregon today, just in case they end up beating Stanford (hopefully they won't) and become the whitest team out of LSU/Bama, Oklahoma/Oklahoma St in the running for the national championship game. It would be extra nice if they could keep their white QB starting.

Don"t see K-State v Ok-State, but I imagine K-State has a few more White staters.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I'm also cheer for Rammer Jammer today.

Michigan started six palefaces on defense today against Iowa. Craig Roh, Ryan Van Bergen, Will Heininger at DL, Desmond Morgan and Jake Ryan at LB, and Jordan Kovacs at SS.

northwinds

Mentor
Does anyone have the breakdown for European American starters in the 'Bama/LSU game? Like someone said previously, I would like to see both of them lose tonight.....but, that not being an option I'm trying to decide which team winning would be better for the cause.

MikeCaffey

Does anyone know if McGuffie is going to play today? I think he could have a monster game against UTEP though it is refreshing to see Turner Petersen carring some of the load in his absence. Also as much as I like Northwestern Nebraska is going to maul them so I dont expect more than about 18 carries for about 106 yards for Rex Burkhead. Maybe if the game is close he could approach more like 150 yards. I am looking forward to watching Jacob Schmidt having a good game but probably not with Crick, Meredith and Steinkuhler ( spelling ? ). I also think Hunter Lee from L. Tech is going to have a break out game. There are a lot of weak run defenses out there these days. Thank you Mister Jaxvid. I only really follow college football so I will only be posting here and maybe in the high school forum but the NFL is just unwatchable except for Welker and Jordy Nelson.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Does anyone have the breakdown for European American starters in the 'Bama/LSU game? Like someone said previously, I would like to see both of them lose tonight.....but, that not being an option I'm trying to decide which team winning would be better for the cause.

Usually, I'd refer to the team threads for this, but seeing as how there's not very many whites playing for either team, I could list them here.

LSU
Offense
QB- Jarrett Lee
LG- T-Bob ****rt
C- P.J. Lonergan
RG- Will Blackwell
RT- Alex Hurst
TE Chase Clement will also see some time. Luke Muncie and DJ Welter are both listed as 3rd string LBs.

Here's Alabama's.

Offense
QB- A.J. McCarron
TE- Brad Smelley
LT- Barrett Jones
C- Willaim Vlachos
RG- Anthony Steen

Defense
DE- Jesse Williams? I'm not sure on this one.
DB Will Lowry will see some time too, and SS Vinnie Sunseri is listed as 3rd string.

referendum

Mentor
Yeah, the template for the mid to low white player SEC team seems to be, QB, 3-4 O-linemen, maybe a tight end, and maybe one white starter on defense.
Kansas State has 8 and Oklahoma State 7 white starters. I haven't been following any of these teams too much yet, so maybe their starter numbers have changed a bit since the start of the year.

referendum

Mentor
Jesse Williams on Alabama is from Australia, and if I had to guess would say he might be half white. He speaks like a white Australian in the interview footage I just saw of him. He could be half white and half Pacific Islander or something, doesn't look half Aboriginal.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Zach Line has been playing with a hamstring injury as well as a separated shoulder the past few weeks which makes his rushing totals even more impressive. This is what I don't get about the NFL, the rule for most coaches is if you don't practice (usually on Friday) you don't play. Zach Line hasn't practiced the past few weeks but he plays on Saturday. Why can't that be the situation for Hillis? He seems to have one good day of practice each week and worsens it the next day, instead of wasting his one good day on practice, just let him suit up on Sunday. Then again Line's hamstring is probably much less severe because I can't imagine being able to move like that if it were bad.

Zach Line 29 yards on his first carry

Will today be a 200 yard day for Line? that would be nice, he has only had 1 in his career, could have had more but since he is in the run and shoot its kind of hard.

48 yards and a td on the first series for Line, maybe he will break 200 today, espescially since the starting qb isn't 100 percent and the backup is out.

Last edited:

northwinds

Mentor
@Jack Lambert: Thanks for the 'Bama/LSU breakdown.....pretty depressing. I guess we can hope for one to lose tonight and the other to lose down the line. I live in SEC territory and the hype over these two teams is pretty insufferable.....:icon_rolleyes: