Carl Froch

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
I'm looking forward to the Froch-Ward fight on Oct 29.

I just hope Froch will be treated fairly by the referee and judges - if it's a fair fight, I believe he will win.

Last edited:

Westside

Hall of Famer
I'm looking forward to the Froch-Ward fight on Oct 26.

I just hope Froch will be treated fairly by the referee and judges - if it's a fair fight, I believe he will win.

Yeah, just don't have that corrupt Ref Joe Cortez anywhere inside the building during the fight. I am still steaming from Saturday Night, more on that after I complete my cool down. LOL

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Yeah, just don't have that corrupt Ref Joe Cortez anywhere inside the building during the fight. I am still steaming from Saturday Night, more on that after I complete my cool down. LOL

Anyone know who the ref will be? The fact that the fight will be here in Jersey is a little better than if it would be in California for Frochy.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
If the officials are fair, Froch has a chance of winning on Saturday.

Hopefully we'll have a fair referee who will stop Ward from fouling (headbutting, hitting off the break, hitting while holding, etc).

But the pampered Ward is Showtime's little darling, beloved of the Jewish Supremacists who run the network.

So watch, he'll get away with a lot of dirty stuff and then Froch will be penalized when he retaliates (like Bika was in his fight with Ward).

And if it goes to the cards, there will be crooked judges to make sure the half-negro wins a decision.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
This fight worries me. Frochy probably needs a KO to win the fight and that will be tough for him with all of the mulattos head butting and cheating.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I have a comfortable feeling on this important fight. If Frochy negoiated the ref and judges he will have better than half chance of winning. If he made the mistake of Khan fighting in a negro town with a negro crooked ref and judges then he will have outright dominate or KO Ward. Something tells me he did not make that mistake.

If Frochy wins convincinely he will shoot up to the top 4 Pound for Pound fighters in the world IMO.

I see this fight competitive for the first 4 or 5 rounds. Frochy will then start to take over with power shots to the body and head. Alot of people forget that Carl has great boxing skills as demonstrated against Dirrell and Kesseler. If Ward starts with the dirty tactics, Frochy will reply with the same. This fight has major implications in hammering the caste myths. Hitting it while its down, so to speak. Can't Wait!

Last edited:
Couple of comments on Froch/Ward, and the overall situation at 168:

FROCH/WARD FIGHT
Froch should not expect to receive fair officiating (particularly judging) in this fight. COUNTLESS fighters have come from Europe or S America for big fights in USA and been robbed. Khan L 12 Peterson, Kotelnik L 12 Alexander, Matthysse L 12 Alexander, Mattyhsse L 12 Judah, Zbik L 12 Chavez, Ponce de Leon L 10 Broner are all extremely recent examples of this.

Froch will not get a fair shake. Its that simple. Froch needs a KO to win, or he needs to win EVERY ROUND to win the fight. Judges will not give him close rounds. Judges will not give him any rounds unless they have to. Froch essentially needs a KO, or atleast several knockdowns to win.

I believe Froch/Ward is essentially an even matchup. In a neutral setting, I could see a very close fight. However, given all the variables, Id say a Ward decision win is most likely in this fight. That being said, Id love Froch to prove me wrong! :)

LUCIAN BUTE

As a boxing fan for over 10 years, I know what to look for in assessing a fighter. Lucian Bute is better than Carl Froch or Andre Ward. Bute is the real deal, and he is by far the most talented, best fighter at 168 pounds. Bute is a murderous puncher with expert boxing ability. He has highlight reel KOs of Edison Miranda, Alex Berrio, Librado Andrade, JP Mendy, as well as good wins over Bika and Glen Johnson.

Check out some of Lucian's KO wins:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59zPJVCW6Y4 (KO 11 Berrio)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv66ifzOxn0 (KO 4 Mendy)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3zdQrzaFIk&t=60s (KO 3 Miranda on HBO)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1vJax5_XYQ&t=5s (KO 4 Zuniga)

Lucian Bute, in terms of common opponents (Glen Johnson, Edison Miranda, and Sakio Bika) has fared MUCH better than Andre Ward or Carl Froch. This is because Lucian is a better fighter and more talented than either Ward or Froch. Bernard Hopkins in a recent interview said he is in negotiations to fight Lucian Bute in March of 2012. This would mean that already, Bute is trying to be shoved off fighting the winner of Froch/Ward.

I make a prediction:

If Ward wins against Froch, he will try his best not to fight Bute. I dont think a Ward/Bute fight will be easily made. Then Ward will be falsely interpreted as the best fighter at 168.

CARL FROCH POUND FOR POUND
Carl Froch has HUGE wins over amazing opposition. If Froch was Black, he would already be a top8 P4P fighter. The fact Froch is white, RING magazine and other ranking systems try to avoid his accomplishments.

Froch, since 2008, has fought the highest level of competition in all of pro boxing. He beat Jean Pascal, Glen Johnson, Jermain Taylor, Art Abraham, Andre Dirrell, as well as losing a very close fight to Kessler. That is more than enough to make a P4Ptop10 list.

Carl Froch not being rated P4P after all of his wins is completely indicative of the caste system and systematic racism involved in assessing boxers and boxing.

Carl Froch has truly been screwed by Boxing Writers and Boxing Media for ignoring his accomplishments. He has the most impressive run against high-level competition in all of boxing yet his accomplishments go completely ignored.

Carl Froch not being rated P4P represents everything that is racist about boxing.

Last edited:
if it goes to the cards, there will be crooked judges to make sure the half-negro wins a decision.

Agreed.

As a white foreigner Carl Froch can and should expect unfair assessment
. Even if he wins the fight in the ring, chances are he wont win it on the scorecards.

Foreign fighters (particularly white ones) are rarely fairly judged by American judges, particularly when its a European or white Hispanic VS a Black American. There are countless examples of big fights where the foreigner (usually, white foreigner) gets robbed.

As a general rule of thumb, foreign fighters cant win a decision in the USA. The exception, not the rule, would be that they receive a fair shake.

Here is a good list of examples where foreign fighters have been robbed in the USA (I have bolded the incidences which involved a white foreigner getting robbed):

Joe Calzaghe W Bernard Hopkins, 2007 (Joe did receive the win, however its worth nothing that one judge actually gave the fight to Bernard. Quite an injustice considering Joe outlanded Bernard 2-1).
Kali Meehan L Lamon Brewster, 2004

Sebastian Zbik L Julio Cesar Chavez Jr, 2011
Ali Funeka L Nate Campbell, 2009
Lucas Matthysse L Zab Judah, 2010
Lennox Lewis Draw Evander Holyfield, 1999
Felix Sturm L Oscar De La Hoya, 2003
Vasiliy Jirov L James Toney, 2003 (Close fight, but worth noting that HBO and many others said Jirov won)
Jose Cruz L Joel Casamayor, 2007 (probably the worst robbery on this list, white Hispanic beats black American based Cuban every round and somehow loses the decision. probably the worst boxing robbery in the last 10 years)
Sergio Martinez Draw Kermit Cintron, 2009
Jesus Karass L Mike Jones, 2010
Andriy Kotelnik L Devon Alexander, 2010
Lucas Matthysse L Devon Alexander, 2011
Erislandy Lara L Paul Williams, 2011
Joseph Agbeko L Abner Maries, 2011
Amir Khan L Lamont Peterson, 2011
Daniel PDL L Adrien Broner, 2010

*You will notice that the beneficiaries of such robberies tend to be black Americans or American based blacks.

There is no shortage of robberies to foreigners in the USA, and more often than not, it affects white foreign fighters. This list reveals systematic discrimination that takes place in American boxing against foreigners who many times happen to be white.

Realistically, I wouldnt advise any European or white foreigner to fight in the USA. You just will not receive a fair shake its that simple. I would go so far as to question why any European would accept a fight in the USA, its just not a fair fight.

Given the demonstrated history of numerous foreigners and specifically white foriegners getting robbed in the USA, I dont think this is a good fight for Carl Froch.

I dont think any European should accept fights in the US. Its too risky and there are too many cases where Europeans have been robbed.

Last edited:

Westside

Hall of Famer
Great Post BS2. The reason most foriegn White fighters come here to fight are two fold. Money and notierity.

Frochy, like I said will have to out right dominate or KO ward to get the decision. Lets hope he does the latter!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Couple of comments on Froch/Ward, and the overall situation at 168:

FROCH/WARD FIGHT
Froch should not expect to receive fair officiating (particularly judging) in this fight. COUNTLESS fighters have come from Europe or S America for big fights in USA and been robbed. Khan L 12 Peterson, Kotelnik L 12 Alexander, Matthysse L 12 Alexander, Mattyhsse L 12 Judah, Zbik L 12 Chavez, Ponce de Leon L 10 Broner are all extremely recent examples of this.

Froch will not get a fair shake. Its that simple. Froch needs a KO to win, or he needs to win EVERY ROUND to win the fight. Judges will not give him close rounds. Judges will not give him any rounds unless they have to. Froch essentially needs a KO, or atleast several knockdowns to win.

I believe Froch/Ward is essentially an even matchup. In a neutral setting, I could see a very close fight. However, given all the variables, Id say a Ward decision win is most likely in this fight. That being said, Id love Froch to prove me wrong! :)

LUCIAN BUTE

As a boxing fan for over 10 years, I know what to look for in assessing a fighter. Lucian Bute is better than Carl Froch or Andre Ward. Bute is the real deal, and he is by far the most talented, best fighter at 168 pounds. Bute is a murderous puncher with expert boxing ability. He has highlight reel KOs of Edison Miranda, Alex Berrio, Librado Andrade, JP Mendy, as well as good wins over Bika and Glen Johnson.

Check out some of Lucian's KO wins:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59zPJVCW6Y4 (KO 11 Berrio)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv66ifzOxn0 (KO 4 Mendy)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3zdQrzaFIk&t=60s (KO 3 Miranda on HBO)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1vJax5_XYQ&t=5s (KO 4 Zuniga)

Lucian Bute, in terms of common opponents (Glen Johnson, Edison Miranda, and Sakio Bika) has fared MUCH better than Andre Ward or Carl Froch. This is because Lucian is a better fighter and more talented than either Ward or Froch. Bernard Hopkins in a recent interview said he is in negotiations to fight Lucian Bute in March of 2012. This would mean that already, Bute is trying to be shoved off fighting the winner of Froch/Ward.

I make a prediction:

If Ward wins against Froch, he will try his best not to fight Bute. I dont think a Ward/Bute fight will be easily made. Then Ward will be falsely interpreted as the best fighter at 168.

CARL FROCH POUND FOR POUND
Carl Froch has HUGE wins over amazing opposition. If Froch was Black, he would already be a top8 P4P fighter. The fact Froch is white, RING magazine and other ranking systems try to avoid his accomplishments.

Froch, since 2008, has fought the highest level of competition in all of pro boxing. He beat Jean Pascal, Glen Johnson, Jermain Taylor, Art Abraham, Andre Dirrell, as well as losing a very close fight to Kessler. That is more than enough to make a P4Ptop10 list.

Carl Froch not being rated P4P after all of his wins is completely indicative of the caste system and systematic racism involved in assessing boxers and boxing.

Carl Froch has truly been screwed by Boxing Writers and Boxing Media for ignoring his accomplishments. He has the most impressive run against high-level competition in all of boxing yet his accomplishments go completely ignored.

Carl Froch not being rated P4P represents everything that is racist about boxing.

Good post! The knock on Bute is that he hasn't faced the best fighters like Froch or Kessler. He's fought good competition and beating Glen Johnson easily was certainly a great win for him. The DWF's however claim Johnson is old and that win doesn't count.

Regardless of who wins the Froch vs. Ward fight Bute needs to fight the winner. I see him beating either fighter easily. The DWF's won't be able to say anything after that.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Bute has faced pretty much the same opposition as Ward, and with better results, but he gets no P4P recognition.

-Bute KO Miranda
-Ward UD Miranda

-Bute clear wide decision over Bika
-Ward tough close decision over Bika (the scorecards were ridiculously wide, I scored it a draw)

Ward has fought Kessler, but there was a lot of home cooking going on that night with the crooked referee Jack Reiss giving Kessler verbal abuse for nothing and ignoring Ward's fouls, such as the deliberate headbutt that ended the fight.

Bute has fought a lot of decent fighters such as Andrade, Magee, Mendy, and Berrio, and the results have been nice KOs rather than Ward's dull decision wins.

Bute should definitely be ahead of Ward P4P.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Bute has faced pretty much the same opposition as Ward, and with better results, but he gets no P4P recognition.

-Bute KO Miranda
-Ward UD Miranda

-Bute clear wide decision over Bika
-Ward tough close decision over Bika (the scorecards were ridiculously wide, I scored it a draw)

Ward has fought Kessler, but there was a lot of home cooking going on that night with the crooked referee Jack Reiss giving Kessler verbal abuse for nothing and ignoring Ward's fouls, such as the deliberate headbutt that ended the fight.

Bute has fought a lot of decent fighters such as Andrade, Magee, Mendy, and Berrio, and the results have been nice KOs rather than Ward's dull decision wins.

Bute should definitely be ahead of Ward P4P.

I didn't see the Ward-Bika fight but here are the punchstats from that fights. Pretty close in landed punches though Ward did land at a much higher percentage. The judges scores were 120-108, and two 118-110's. Those type of scores make the fight look like a total domination for Ward but a large majority of the judges in boxing today have no business in the sport. They are just terrible. BTW, do you happen to know who the judges for this fight will be? Hopefully not the racist Adelaide Byrd who always scores the fight for the black fighter no matter what. Just see her scores in the Calzaghe-Hopkins fight to see what I'm talking about.

Landed 235 201
Thrown 398 612
Pct. 59% 33%
Landed 75 44
Thrown 155 212
Pct. 48% 21%
Landed 160 157
Thrown 243 400
Pct. 66% 39%
CompuBox Punchstats
Total Punches Ward Bika
Jabs Ward Bika
Power Punches Ward Bika

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Steve Smoger will be the referee.

He's always been fair from what I've seen.

This is good news - I was worried they'd have the crooked Jack Reiss as referee.

Steve Smoger will be the referee.

He's always been fair from what I've seen.

This is good news - I was worried they'd have the crooked Jack Reiss as referee.

Yes I concur, Steve Smoger is an excellent and fair referee. This is good news for Carl Froch, :)

Another interesting point to make is that Carl Froch has said leading up to this fight that Andre Ward is a dirty, cheating fighter using headbutts and holding. Froch also has said that if Ward fights dirty, Froch will fight dirty back in return.

So, its possible this can be quite a dirty fight depending on how things go.

All things considered, I think Smoger is an excellent choice of ref for this fight!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Yes the ref is important but the judges are as well. If Adelaide Byrd is one of the judges she'll score it for Ward no matter how well Froch does. Heck, she had Hopkins beating Calzaghe 114-113. That was a disgusting score. This racist black pig has a history of sticking it to white fighters. She's nothing more than an affirmative action hire and she should be out of a job.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Two of the three judges are good ones: Keane and Metcalfe. The third (Stewart) I don't trust, he has a tendency to favor negro boxers.

But Froch only needs two fair scorecards to win the Super Six.

Westside

Hall of Famer
It appears that Frochy and his management did not make the same mistakes as Khan did last weekend. Excellent ref in Steve Smoger, one of the top 3 refs in the business. The selection of 2 fair judges is great as well. Carl has set the table for a fair fight. I hope he uses is underrated boxing skills to control Ward in the 1st 4 rounds, then start to unload on him once he figures Ward out.

Prediction. UD or late round KO.:boxing:

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Both Froch and Ward are claiming Bute is a fake in the division. They want him to fight the winner of this fight. Hopefully, Frochy come out on top and Bute will beat Ward or Froch anyday.

I really hope Froch wins as the winner will get the Ring Mag belt that will "officially" crown the best in the division and i don't see Ward facing Bute whereas win or lose, Froch is probably going to face Lucian next.

i don't see Ward facing Bute.

Agreed.

If Ward beats Froch, he has said in the past he'd like to fight Bute next. But I dont believe him. I believe he will claim he is the best 168lb in the World after Froch.

Ward, and his management team will do everything possible to avoid a fight with Lucian.

Ward/Bute is a very hard fight to make. Ward will demand a larger than 50% revenue, and the truth is, Ward is not a big sell at all (Ward struggles to bring 5,000 fans in his hometown, Bute regularly fills 15,000+ in Canada).

There is also a difficult issue on where the fight will be held, either US or Canada.

My gut feeling is that if Ward beats Froch, Ward/Bute will become a Pacquiao/Mayweather, Michalczewski/Jones Jr. situation: That is, 2 guys refusing or not wanting to fight each other.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I must admit I totally underestimated Froch. Before the Super Six I figured he was the weakest link out of the three white fighters in the tournament. I expected Kessler to win the tournament because he's the most technically skilled fighter. Boy was I wrong. Froch has proven he's easily one of the toughest fighters in boxing regardless of division. He doesn't put up with any bull and that's one of the things I like about him. That being said, he really needs to win tonight. A win by the mulatto Ward would be a huge disappointment for all of us who follow boxing on this forum.

The Hock

Master
I watched an early fight of Ward's in which he was out on his feet against the handpicked clubfighter he was in with. On or two more good punches and the fight was over, but the other guy couldn't manage it. Every Ward fight since then I've pulled out my standard "find the soft spot on Ward's chin" prediction but nobody has been able to, and Ward has been in with some good fighters. Ward's style favors him if the fight goes the distance, so for the last time...Froch needs to find the soft spot on Ward's chin to win this fight.

Whether Froch wins or loses, "needs to fight the soft spot on his chin" will be retired after this fight (and boxing retirements are always final, right?)

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Not bad through 3 rounds. Ward may be up 2-1 but Frochy making it a war slowly but surely.