Carl Froch

JD074

Master
Any thoughts on this Super Middleweight? I don't know that much about him, other than that he has good power, an unorthodox style (keeps his hands really low,) and is really itching to fight Calzaghe.

And there are few videos of him on Youtube, if anyone's interested. Edited by: JD074

devans

Mentor
I've seen him on TV 2 or 3 times, but never against a world class boxer such as Calzaghe.He is impressive, with great speed and power. He has a flashy style and could come unstuck against someone really good, or knock them out. He gets a lot of stoppages and most of his fights don't tend to last that long.

Angelcynn

Guru
Carl Frochs pretty decent but hasn't really fought anyone who is world class and he is now 30 odd years old. I saw him KO a tough opponent in Tony Dodson in which he was defending his British and Commenwealth Super Middleweight title but I don't see him winning any major titles as he's left it too late in my view.

Sean

Mentor
Froch is actually 29 years of age. He is also well on his way to earning a title shot. He is ranked number 3 by the WBC and WBO, number 5 by the IBF, and number 13 by the WBA. He has good power and is a top level fighter. I'm not sure if he's good enough to beat Kessler or Calzeghe at this point.

JD074

Master
He did TKO Tatevosyan in the 2nd round, who had never been knocked out before. On the other hand, and oddly enough, the ref who stopped that fight also officiated the Calzaghe/ Manfredo fight, so maybe it was premature!
smiley36.gif

Blue Devils

Mentor
Inkin backed out a second time claiming injury
smiley24.gif
So looks like we get another caste matchup with Berrio 26-5(25) heading to England to fight Froch
smiley20.gif
I was really hoping to see Murray vs Fewkes in the co-feature but instead we get Witter-Bradley.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Now it seems Berrio didn't want the fight after all. From what I'm hearing on Froch's website is he'll fight the tall Kingsley Ikeke 23-3(13)instead.

Blue Devils

Mentor
I see today it's a different opponent
smiley36.gif
I guess no ones wants to get in the ring with the "Cobra". Can't blame them. I think Froch can do what Allan Green and Andre Ward failed to do. That's knock Williams out clean. I've noticed Williams seems to get his spirit broke after a few rounds go against him and go completely on the defense. Then, as it was against Ward and Green it'll be target practice. And that's bad news for anyone fighting Froch.
Froch vs Porras http://www.viddler.com/explore/venu44/videos/5/
Froch vs Monaghan http://www.viddler.com/explore/venu44/videos/1/Edited by: shawn1262231

Angelcynn

Guru
I watched Froch destroy Rybacki (Polish) last night by knocking him out in the 4th round. Froch was never under any pressure from Rybacki. Apparently it's Jermaine Taylor next for Froch, and I'm confident Froch will win, possibly by KO!

Iron

Guru
i was very impressed with Froch.He reminds me alot of prime Naseem Hamed style wise,very unorthodox.Keeps his hands low and draws his opponents in and counters with powerful punches from crazy angles.Froch is a potential superstar who can plug the gap once Calzaghe retires after his planned final fight this winter.He's the opposite of the text book boxing styles of fighters like Pavlik/De la Hoya.Its works for him though and he's stated numerous times that he cant box any other way.Froch-Pavlik would be a great fight,both monstrous punchers with a genuine clash of styles. Edited by: Iron

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Carl Froch is Calzaghe's mandatory for the WBC 168 title, but Joe will likely vacate the title and so Froch will fight someone else for the belt.

I think it may be Jermain Taylor, although he shouldn't have a title shot because he's coming off two losses and has never fought a super middleweight.

Or he may face the winner of the upcoming Zuniga vs. Pascal fight, who would deserve it more than Taylor.

Angelcynn

Guru
Iron and JD1986, interestingly enough in the fight build up the ITV crew (English channel that showed the fight) called up Calzaghe so that Froch could ask for a fight with Joe that he's always wanted. Not suprisingly you could tell Calzaghe wasn't interested and joked 'only if the money's right' and I think Froch got the message, definate NO. Calzaghe is only going to accept the winner of Tarver/Dawson and Roy Jones JR. Hopefully Froch will fight Jermain Taylor, sounds good to me!

JD074

Master
The one thing I've noticed about Froch (other than his power and keeping his hands low, of course) is his slow feet. He's had knee problems throughout his career, so that could be a contributing factor. If he could only move his feet more quickly, that would open up so many opportunities for him offensively, as well as shore up his defense. He reminds me of Virchis. His hands are so much better than his feet.

I don't know about Taylor. Froch-Andrade, Froch-Lacy, or Froch-Zuniga would all be very interesting possibilities- not just because he could win, but also because those would most certainly be very exciting slug fests.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
It was announced today that Carl Froch will fight Haitian-Canadian Jean Pascal for the WBC super middleweight title.

Jermain Taylor was offered the opportunity to fight Froch, but instead chose a non-title fight with Jeff Lacy, who some say is shot because of the beating he received from Joe Calzaghe in 2006.Edited by: JD1986

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Although I'm a Canadian, I'll be rooting for the British fighter in this one!

It will be shown by French CBC in Canada.

Sean

Mentor
I've been impressed with Froch. I've seen Pascal twice. He looked okay once, and not very good the second time. He won both, but wasn't that impressive. I think Froch will KO him pretty quickly.

devans

Mentor
From [url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bendirs/2009/01/boxing_in_2009.ht ml[/url]

"Froch is pencilled in to meet former undisputed middleweight champion Jermain Taylor in New York in March, but American TV channel HBO is reported to be dead against the fight."

Perhaps HBO want to halt the slide in the reputation of African American Boxing. Froch is a very dangerous opponent who, on his day, is capable of stopping anyone.

I like Carl Froch alot. I root for all white fighters. However, I even root more so for the white fighters who walk with a swagger when they are competing in sports that the caste whore usually reserve for the brothers. Some call Froch arrogant. I see a strong confident white male ready for a challenge when I see Froch. The main stream media, and drunk white fans see a arrogant a**hole. Anyway, if froch was black those same drunk white fans would say ooooooh, he is so confident and headstrong.Edited by: aussieaussie31