Bad Omen for Valuev v. Oldyfield

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
The next time a troll stops by the boxing forum and spouts off about the members being unfairly biased for white fighters, he/she should be directed to this thread to review how fair the people here can be. As much as Evan Fields Holyfield is disliked on CF, no one is proud of Valuev as a "champion."

As JD074 says above, there will be "only two relevant fighters in the Heavyweight division, Wlad and Vitali, and it will remain that way until someone steps up and becomes a credible contender."

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
whiteathlete33: Ibragimov and Chagaev are not "great fighters." They have some talent, to be sure, and are superior fighters to basically all the black bums out there, but I don't think they are anything to get too worked up about.

I am interested to see what Povetkin can do next year, if he stays healthy. Chageav needs to stay healthy too, for that matter.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Well Ibragimov and Chagaev are the best out there after the Klitschko's. At least these guys always come to fight. I'd say being the third and fourth best heavyweights in the world is pretty good.

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
Valuev and Lennox Lewis should fight each other to determine once and for all who is the most boring champion of all time.

Lennox's glass jaw is tailor made for Valuev's anemic punches, which promises a full, blistering 12 rounds of yawning and watch-checking.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I hope Valuev loses to Chagaev. A more deserving white fighter deserves the title. There are plenty of up and coming whites in the heavyweight division to be excited about. Dimitrenko is a great talent. He is also 6'7 which gives him an advantage over shorter fighters like Ibragimov and Chagaev. He could be champion in several years. Povetkin will be champ after the Klitschko's retire. I guarantee that.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
I hope Valuev loses to Chagaev. A more deserving white fighter deserves the title. There are plenty of up and coming whites in the heavyweight division to be excited about. Dimitrenko is a great talent. He is also 6'7 which gives him an advantage over shorter fighters like Ibragimov and Chagaev. He could be champion in several years. Povetkin will be champ after the Klitschko's retire. I guarantee that.

I agree it seems fitting for Valuev to move on. The two you mentioned, Dimitrenko and Povetkin, look like they are the next generation after the big Ks.

white is right

Hall of Famer
The title is worth something to Sauerland and to a lesser extent King. So if Valuev can beat Chagaev, the dynamic duo won't risk their title against a live contender unless it pays well. If ticket sales start to wane for Valuev then Valuev will fight a cash out fight against either K brother. Of course this is all mute if he loses his title fight against Ruslan....
smiley2.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Valuev refuses to try and unify with either of the Klitschko's. Also Denis Boytsov could be a force in the future. He is only 22 years of age and is undefeated.Lots of great talent at heavyweight. At cruiserweight there is a young Pole to look out for. His name is Pawel Kolodziej. He is huge at 6'5 and only 24 years of age.