Bad Omen for Valuev v. Oldyfield

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Valuev should win but he came in at a career low 310 pounds.

Nicolay usually weights about 320 for his fights. Whenever I see a fighter drop pounds dramatically before a fight they always lose (Dela Hoya v. Pacquaio, Chris Byrd when he went to light heavy, Adam Richards v. Chazz Witherspoon, Riddick Bowe in the second Golota fight, Roy Jones when he came back down to 175 from heavyweight ...etc).

Major and rapid weight loss seems to drain an athlete.

Let's hope the same doesn't happen to Valuev as the caste geeks would LOVE to denigrate the current (all-white) heavyweight champions by pointing out that a washed up, 46-year-old Holyfield can still win a belt.Edited by: Liverlips

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Liverlips said:

Nicolay usually weights about 320 for his fights. Whenever I see a fighter drop pounds dramatically before a fight they always lose (Dela Hoya v. Pacquaio, Chris Byrd when he went to light heavy, Adam Richards v. Chazz Witherspoon, Riddick Bowe in the second Golota fight, Roy Jones when he came back down to 175 from heavyweight ...etc).

Let's hope the same doesn't happen to Valuev as the caste geeks would LOVE to denigrate the current (all-white) heavyweight champions by pointing out that a washed up, 46-year-old Holyfield can still win a belt.

LL, true indeed. I'm not sure how common weight cutting is in boxing, but's very common in MMA & wrestling. I guess it depends on how much weight is dropped before the weigh-in. As a big guy myself, I can tell you that 10-20 lbs to bigger guys doesn't take the same effort to cut as it would on a Light Heavyweight, Middlewgt, etc. Anyway, I hope the Russian Giant KTFO's washed-up YOvander in the 1st!
smiley1.gif

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Liverlips said:

You are correct - another example is Vladimir Virchis losing weight before he fought JC Gomez.

But I'm hoping it won't make that much difference, because 10 pounds is a smaller percentage of Valuev's 320 pounds than 10 pounds would be for a boxer who normally walks around at about 165 pounds like De La Hoya.
Edited by: JD1986

Maple Leaf

Mentor
A man that big can lose 5 pounds after an afternoon's workout. 10 pounds is nothing, nothing at all. Heavyweight fighters will come in at many different weights throughout their career. Valuev himself has had as much as an 8 pound difference between fights in the past. He is probably thinking that lighter is better for this fight as he wants to be as fast as possible for the old, but still skilled, Holyfield. This should be a good omen, not a bad one.

white is right

Hall of Famer
He did look a little small for him. Actually if Valuev did a good cardio workout he could drop more than that. I routinely drop 5 pounds and I weigh about 200 pounds. The only way Valuev loses is through a fluky cut or injury. Holyfield can't fight at any pace anymore. Once he tries to attack he just gasses himself. One thing about Valuev for a man his size his stamina is unbelievable.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Guys Valuev is not the most fit fighter. We all know that. He lost some fat probably. He has a high body fat percentage and 10 pounds is nothing.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Maybe he is just in better shape and lost some flab.

Amren.com

Mentor
He probably wanted to lose weight for speed. I could tolerate Valuev losing if it meant Holyfield would fight Wlad next and lose to him. Valuev as a Don King fighter doesn't seem interested in fighting Wlad.

A problem though is if Holyfield gets seriously injured fighting Wlad it'll be used to outlaw boxing.

white is right

Hall of Famer
One online site that I frequently peruse has had the betting odds rapidly drop for Valuev. I don't know what that means. I know that late money is generally viewed as smart money. Has Valuev been looking flat in training?
smiley5.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
It could well be a fix. They want a black champion. They have been struggling to get one. Old man Holyfield taking the title from Valuev would satisfy the media pigs and wiggers.

Bart

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
It could well be a fix. They want a black champion. They have been struggling to get one. Old man Holyfield taking the title from Valuev would satisfy the media pigs and wiggers.

The media has been quiet about the success of the European fighters. Imagine the hoopla if Holyfield wins.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Bart said:
whiteathlete33 said:

The media has been quiet about the success of the European fighters.  Imagine the hoopla if Holyfield wins. 

Indeed. No surprise of the fix being in or the mass MSM hype if Valuev takes the fall.
smiley5.gif

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
Men who look up to black men to an inordinate degree, emulating them, basically being their lapdog in the mistaken hope that it will earn them credibility, respect, or acceptance, seem very submissive and weak to me, and really shouldn't be counted as men.

A white man who sees nothing wrong with tearing down another highly successful white man while simultaneously singing the praises of blacks seems to have confidence issues.

Other than Eminem -- and even he is questionable in the long run -- are there any real, successful wiggers?

Of course not. Because they're friggin losers.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Holyfield up 4-0 so far and will win the fight. There goes that weight loss factor again. Nicolay looks very flat.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Nico is overtrained and drained from the weight loss. Next time I see a fighter come into a fight after a dramatic weight loss I am betting everything against him. Major weight loss in boxing always leads to disaster.Edited by: Liverlips