Adam Morrison/ Gonzaga

Survey of GMs in Jan. 30 issue of SI says Morrison will be a Top 3 pick.
Luckily they don't read the woe-is-me projections of some on this board.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The Zags play Stanford at 9PM Eastern, but I'm not sure if it will be on TV.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Morrison had 34 points and 6 rebounds, and he caught fire late in the game when the Zags needed it most!
smiley32.gif

guest301

Hall of Famer
There is another very important reason we should be glad the Zags beat mostly white Stanford tonight. What is our dream scenario at CF, Duke and Gonzaga in the final four. What is the best way for that to happen and not have some nightmare where Duke and Gonzaga end up playing in the sweet 16 or something. Duke and Gonzaga have to end the reg. season and conference tournament ranked in the top four. That way they would play in different regionals and not run into each other too soon. Duke for sure will be in the top four..Gonzaga is a question mark. They have to win out because of the relatively weak conference they play in.

speedster

Mentor
Duke will be in the Atlanta Region and Gonzaga will be in the Oakland Region most likely so you don't have to worry about them playing each other too early.First of all Gonzaga needs to take care of business and finish strong by knocking off their conference opponents in their remaining few games,win the WCC tournament, which is in Spokane for the first time ever,and then hope the selection committee awards them a number 2 seed.Their RPI won't climb any higher but right now their sitting at number 10.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
They are incredible at home.I believe they have now won 35 in a row.I like the way that Morrison competes.He just gets out there and gets angry and feeds off the energy it gives him.It is a good type of angry that helps him to lead the team night after night.I can't wait for them to get Micah Downs next year.I wouldn't be mad if Morrison came back for his senior year.The money is hard to pass up but so is being the King of your college and the whole school wearing fake facial hair!
smiley36.gif

whiteCB

Master
Wow I had no idea Morrioson had diabetes. Thats pretty tough stuff to deal with when you find out you have it in 8th grade. But that just goes to show the perserverence that Morrison has and the dediaction and work ethic he was raised on. It just makes it that much more amazing what hes doing despite this life changing disease.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The Zags had an easy time with Portland yesterday. Adam led scorin with 33 points, along with Sean Mallon and J.P. Batista having double doubles.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Morrison had 44 points tonight against Loyola Marymount. He had an amazing 37 points in the second half, single-handedly outscoring LM's team total of 33.
smiley32.gif

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
Brilliant performance. This guy is amazing.. after watching Rudy Gay and Morrison today.. I think whoever has the #1 pick would be an idiot to pick Gay... Gay is a very very good player with a lot of potential.. but Morrison is a flat out stud...

white lightning

Hall of Famer
What I love about Morrison is he scores most of his points in so many different ways.He can beat you inside or outside.He knocks down 3 pointers like they are layups.37 Points in a half.What a incredible performance!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Adam had 34 points tonight in a close win over San Francisco.

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
So much respect for Morrison that they doubled him and left Altidor-Cespedes wide open to nail the game winning shot... not their best game, but they go undefeated in WCC play, congratulations to the Zags
smiley32.gif

speedster

Mentor
There are several things we can look forward to now that the Zag's have ended their regular season.First up is the WCC tourney this weekend.The Zag's don't have to win here because they will still be in NCAA's and it would be good to go in on a winning note.Selection Sunday is next up and the Zag's will probably be a number two seed although the boy's from Spokane have been screwed before.And finally the big tourney.I think the Bulldogs can make a deep run,but they need some help from other players.I know this is the Adam Morrison show but in the tourney anything can happen and the Zag's need some other guys to step it up like Derek Raivio and bench guys like Pendergraft and Heytvelt.I don't want a repeat of the Memphis game where Adam went cold the final 10 minutes and no other Zag stepped it up.

whiteCB

Master
For Gonzaga to go deep in the tourny J.P. Batista is going to have to have a great tourney as well.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Derek Ravio will have to step up too. He's capable.

speedster

Mentor
Gonzaga goes up against San Diego in about 13 minutes on ESPN2 and in Canada on digital cable.This is the semi-final in the WCC tourney.

speedster

Mentor
San Diego sure put up a battle.In a game like this there is both good and bad.Once again the Zag's had problems guarding the 3-pointers.Too many wide open looks and is it just me but whomever the the Zag's play it's like they start draining 3's like nobody's business.On the positive side guy's that needed to step up did like Raivio who came out of his stupor,Heytvelt had a nice game off the bench and of course Batista who is such a presence down low.Morrison seemed very frustrated going up against Cory Belser,although far from his best game he did sink 24.Anyway's the championship game is tonight against LMU.Edited by: speedster

whiteCB

Master
Gonzaga's WCC conf. title game is on at 9pm on ESPN. Good luck Morrison, Batista, and the rest of the Bulldogs.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
A few pics of Adam and the Zags in their win over Xavier earlier today.

SLCU14203170323.jpg

SLCU14903170355.jpg

guest301

Hall of Famer
Morrison was so funny and intense last night slamming the ball repeatedly on his forehead. I think it his own personal mission to at least get the Zags to the final four and shut up the detractors. I just wish they would blow out a team every once in a while. When every game is a nailbiter the odds catch up with you sometimes.

guest301

Hall of Famer
The cheerleaders don't seem to think so and I'm not talking about the male ones
smiley2.gif
He could look like Lyle Lovett for all I care, as long as he puts a dent in the caste system. If he becomes the star I think he will be in the NBA, I think you will see him in alot of commercials.