Adam Morrison/ Gonzaga

JD074

Master
I don't know how much slashing he'll do in the NBA. He'll play small forward, and I can't think of any white SF's currently in the league who drive to the basket that much. White players in general don't slash that much, and those who do are either ballhandlers like Nash and Manu, or big guys like Dirk and Pau. Maybe Adam will break the mold.

Keith Van Horn has a career average around 16 ppg. Morrison could be as good as him. I can see him having a career average of anywhere from 7-16 ppg, and possibly including a few years where he goes as high as 18-20 a game. But I'll have no problem with him exceeding those expectations. With the huge offensive numbers we're seeing today, anything's possible. (Just ask Kobe Bryant.)

white tornado

Mentor
AK-47

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
I think Morrison has a good enough and well rounded offensive attack that if he finds himself in the right situation could put up 20-22 a game. He can score from anywhere on the floor, and the NBA isn't too high on defense, so if Morrison gets enough shots a game, he will certainly excel imo.

JD074

Master
I didn't think about Kirilenko, even though he's my favorite basketball player! I think of him as more of a defender than a slasher, but he can do so.

speedster

Mentor
Both David Burgess and Micah Downs are in the process of transfering to Gonzaga.I don't know exactly what happened with Burgess at BYU,although he did have some injury problems.As for Downs I guess he wasn't a good fit at Kentucky and there were problems off the court as well.Both should be able to play after the first semester next year.The Zags were starting to black it up there a bit so it's good to see them get more white guys in there.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
42 more for Adam today against Portland! ESPN's headline aks whether Morrison is Kobe Bryant's kin because of his high scoring. Since Texas got beat, Gonzaga should move up this week.
smiley32.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
What a game.Can you imagine Reddick and Morrison on the same team?Who do you double team?The last few years of college basketball has been really enjoyable for me and I'm sure you guys as well.The white guys are stepping it up.S.I. should do another issue but this time it should say the White Athletes are back!!
smiley32.gif

hedgehog

Mentor
I dont ever watch basketball, but I watched both Duke and Gonzaga last night. During the Duke game the announcer said that NCAA basketball is following the footsteps of the NBA and is starting to recruit in Europe.

guest301

Hall of Famer
College basketball and football are much more fun to watch these days than professional sports. There are more large dents in the caste system in college than in the pro's. I think time is on our side here, there are too many athletes coming out(haas, reddick, morrison, hawk, etc...) that break the mold that white athletes are usually put in.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I couldn't agree with you more guest301.I'm very excited about the future of the nba & the nfl.I do think however that the NFL will be even harder to crack than the NBA.They just don't want whites at certain positions where as in basketball,whites have a little more freedom to play different positions.We just need more of a chance for them to be the leading scorers like Nowitzki.Mike Haas & David Anderson should make an impact somewhere as well as the the new group of linebackers.Hopefully we will continue to produce star athletes in high school & college to where the pro sports won't be able to ignore us anymore.

guest301

Hall of Famer
White Lightning..You are right about the nfl being a harder nut to crack in regards to the caste system as compared to the nba. The nfl doesn't have a european influx of athletes coming over to play here. American whites have to get the job done. It would also be nice if a couple of them with undeniable ability like haas or anderson would speak out against the stereotyping to the media. I think some sportswriters in this country are hip to the caste system but need a athlete to speak against it first before they jump off the caste ship.

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
I just hope Morrison ends up on a team with some other whites, and not somewhere like Atlanta where the blacks will do whatever it takes to make Morrison not play to his ability... of course I'd like to see Morrison in a Celtics jersey and in the starting lineup with Wally and Lafrentz.. but thats wishul thinking
smiley2.gif

whiteCB

Master
I love it how the media is comparing Morrison and Reddick all the time. After the Duke game on Sat. the first thing they mentioned was how Redick and Morrison's points for the night compared. Then on ESPN's "Around the Horn"(I know the show sucks) they had buy or sell Redick or Morrison as the best player in college bball. Ya gotta love all the attention these two are getting and hopefully their respective teams along with West Virginia will do well in the big dnace and help put a dent in the caste system.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The Zags are now number 5 in both polls! Man I hope they keep winning, and make it to the Final Four.
smiley32.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I just found out that both Micah Downs and David Burgess are transfering to Gonzaga, Downs from Kansas, and Burgess from BYU. Burgess was considering Gonzaga before going to BYU in 2004. Looks like we have plenty of Zags to cheer for in the future!
smiley32.gif

Burgess defending for BYU
burgess_david-2004-05.jpg

Downs in flight at the 2005 McDonald's Slam Dunk contest
mcd6474.jpg

guest301

Hall of Famer
Awesome news for Zag fans, Colonel Reb. I am well aware of Downs but do you have any information on Burgess. How tall is he and how well recruited was he out of high school. It seem that almost all the high quality white basketball players are committing to duke or gonzaga now. That's good in the sense that it gives us at CF a couple of teams to root for year in and year out. I stopped rooting for Florida this year, with walsh and lee gone, what's to root for.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
David Burgess is 6-10 at 240, and was highly recruited out of Woodbridge, CA high school. His top 3 choices out of high school were Lousiville, Gonzaga, and BYU. He came to BYU because he is a Mormon. He was injured early in the 2004 season, and missed the rest of the season. His brother Chris played for Duke a while before he transferred to Utah.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Gonzaga plays at home against Santa Clara tomorrow at 11PM Eastern, but it won't be on tv.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I have always loved the Zags.It will be really great to watch Micah Downs throwing down some dunks on opponents.I just wish he could have went there from the get go so he wouldn't have lost some of his eligibility.He should be a star.Micah has to work into becoming a complete player like Morrison.

His brother, Chris, would have been a lottery pick coming out of high
school, but was another big white man who bought into the hype and had
his career sabotaged by Coach K ... Shav Randolph ... Greg Newton ...
Taymon Domzalski ... Joey Beard.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Gonzaga plays at 9PM Pacific against St. Mary's, but I don't think its on TV.

guest301

Hall of Famer
In my area of the country(northeast Ohio) ESPN2 is showing the Gonzaga-ST.Mary's game. Just started. GO ZAGS!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Morrison and the Zags win by 1 point.Adam had 20 points in the victory.They are still ranked number 5 in the nation.