2024 March Madness

El Gringo

Mentor
Here’s Gohlke’s highlights. Some of the shots this kid got off were unreal!! It looks like he got fouled several times on made three’s as well.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Here’s Gohlke’s highlights. Some of the shots this kid got off were unreal!! It looks like he got fouled several times on made three’s as well.

I could watch that over and over. Gohlke put on a Clinic of how to shoot a basketball. As El Gringo said, the degree of difficulty of many
of those shots was incredible. He also did get fouled on some of the shots but the refs swallowed their whistle. Glad the right team won!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Unmentioned from last night was NC State eliminating coal black Texas Tech. The top player for the Wolfpack was Clemson transfer Ben Middlebrooks. He scored 21 points and added 4 boards, 2 steals and 2 blocks. O’Connell chipped in 6 assists.

And speaking of Clemson, they are looking good today. Schieffelin, Hall and Girard are the names to know for you guys who only follow casually. All 3 start and Hall / Girard are the top scorers.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
So, I turned on the UCONN game and I see 5 black players playing in for them. I thought UCONN had 3 honkeys? What's going on here?
Unmentioned from last night was NC State eliminating coal black Texas Tech. The top player for the Wolfpack was Clemson transfer Ben Middlebrooks. He scored 21 points and added 4 boards, 2 steals and 2 blocks. O’Connell chipped in 6 assists.

And speaking of Clemson, they are looking good today. Schieffelin, Hall and Girard are the names to know for you guys who only follow casually. All 3 start and Hall / Girard are the top scorers.
Thank you, Freethinker for mentioning NC State! I meant to do that last night, but just got lazy. Didn't feel like posting. Wonder why Middlebrooks left Clemson?.. Couldn't start for them because of PJ Hall and Schieffelin?

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Did ya'll see that last minute of play in the UCONN game? Coach Danny Hurley telling his son not to shoot. What an embarrassment in my opinion. It's his son's last season let him play. Instead, he held the ball and took a shot clock violation. That pissed me off. I don't believe I've ever seen that before.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Barnhizer had 13pts and 11rebounds. Solid forward and he’s got a few years of eligibility left.

For Yale Danny Wolfe was ice cold. If he wasn’t so off, Yale was primed for an upset. Junior Lefty Guard John Poulikidas with 20! Has kept Yale in it.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Barnhizer had 13pts and 11rebounds. Solid forward and he’s got a few years of eligibility left.

For Yale Danny Wolfe was ice cold. If he wasn’t so off, Yale was primed for an upset. Junior Lefty Guard John Poulikidas with 20! Has kept Yale in it.
Poulikidas with 28 in a Yale upset! Wolfe did hit two clutch FTs before fouling out!

jphoss

Mentor
Loved seeing yale upset auburn and hearing Poulikidas praising Christ immediately after (those ivy league liberals must be seething lmao). Interesting it’s the second year in a row a majority white ivy league team has won at least one game against such superior athletes!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Hate to see Kansas lose. They started 3 honkeys. Also, I noticed Purdue, Kansas, and Gonzaga in the same Region? Way to knock out white friendly teams.
BTW, I hate to put this on the MM thread, but if anyone is interested the NCAA Wrestling Championships are on ESPN at 7!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Hate to see Kansas lose. They started 3 honkeys. Also, I noticed Purdue, Kansas, and Gonzaga in the same Region? Way to knock out white friendly teams.
BTW, I hate to put this on the MM thread, but if anyone is interested the NCAA Wrestling Championships are on ESPN at 7!
Yea Kansas losing was disappointing but not surprising the way they ended the season. At least Gonzaga had strong performances by Ben Gregg (15/9) and Braden Huff (11 points).

Pelle Larsson had 13/7/6 in the win for AZ.

Creighton on now. Go Jays!

Riggins44

Master
Dalton Knecht with 18/9 as Tennessee gets the win over Texas. Knecht is an impressive player. Excellent athlete, very explosive.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Dalton Knecht with 18/9 as Tennessee gets the win over Texas. Knecht is an impressive player. Excellent athlete, very explosive.

Those 2 Monster Dunks he had were amazing! One of them was a Poster Dunk over the Defender. The other was a put
back dunk off another guys missed shot. He jumped from way far away. Incredible player with great hops!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Knecht was big time for Tennessee, he has been a Star all year! Great story him moving up and dominating the SEC. Makes the transfer portal worth while.

Another gym rat that took advantage of the portal was Oakland’s Jack Gohlke. He cemented himself in history with his performance against Kentucky! From the same hometown as the Watt bros and Iowa State’s Milan Momcilovic. He played 5years at Hillsdale College, a D2 school in Michigan. Transferred up and went off for 32 against Big Blue Nation, rest is history. Oakland played well against NC State, but it wasn’t enough. Gohlke was 6/17 from deep and finished with 22points and 8 boards.

Finally a third overachiever, that took advantage of the portal was Marcus Domask! Another Wisconsinite from Waupun, Wi. Near Green Bay. He was only Mr Basketball in the state 3x before starring at Southern Illinois for 4 seasons and now at Illinois. 6’6 with smooth handles and no wasted movements. Can shoot or drive. Very complete Guard, way to never offer him a scholarship Greg Gard! He had 22pts and 7 ast in Illini win.

Quite a lot of star power out of that portal this season! Knecht and Domask propelled themselves into 1st round picks IMO with their tournament performances, on top of what they already accomplished in regular season.

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Thrilling game for Creighton!

Kalkbrenner 19pts and 14reb!!

Scheierman 18pts 9reb 5ast!

Ashworth 21pts 3ast 4reb !

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Also sad to see Wisconsin’s program stall under Greg Gard. They haven’t made a Sweet 16 in 8 years, I think it’s time for him to go. JMU is a good team, but Badgers looked completely unprepared and their lack of depth is major issue.

Wahl was a huge disappointment for 5 years. Can’t really put it any other way. Crowl played good 1st half and didn’t score final 16 minutes lol. These guys need to watch some Euro Big Men play and get inspired! Just so soft and lackadaisical.

Not to mention Storr jacked up his usual shots but wasn’t hitting and Chucky is well Chucky. Just a disappointing team in general. Had a stretch mid season they were lights out and plummeted like a stone when it counts in March.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Also sad to see Wisconsin’s program stall under Greg Gard. They haven’t made a Sweet 16 in 8 years, I think it’s time for him to go. JMU is a good team, but Badgers looked completely unprepared and their lack of depth is major issue.

Wahl was a huge disappointment for 5 years. Can’t really put it any other way. Crowl played good 1st half and didn’t score final 16 minutes lol. These guys need to watch some Euro Big Men play and get inspired! Just so soft and lackadaisical.

Not to mention Storr jacked up his usual shots but wasn’t hitting and Chucky is well Chucky. Just a disappointing team in general. Had a stretch mid season they were lights out and plummeted like a stone when it counts in March.
Yea, the Badgers were disappointing but not surprising. Even though Wisconsin recruits White athletes from the area, they have let a number of prominent ones slide through as you mentioned. If they had Domask and Momcilovic, they would be in contention for a National Title. There seems to be ALOT of basketball talent coming out of the Badger State!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Yea, the Badgers were disappointing but not surprising. Even though Wisconsin recruits White athletes from the area, they have let a number of prominent ones slide through as you mentioned. If they had Domask and Momcilovic, they would be in contention for a National Title. There seems to be ALOT of basketball talent coming out of the Badger State!
And Gard would rather recruit the same HS in suburban Minneapolis. Agreed on Domask and Momcilovic. Man that would have been a fun squad to see .

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Tyler Kolek looked good too scoring 21 points leading his team to the Sweet 16. Other than Kansas and a few others, many of our teams
have looked great with our guys leading the way.

I'm hoping Kyle Flipkowski can lead Duke as well as Purdue winning today.

The Sweet 16 next weekend will be must see tv!

Riggins44

Master
Purdue is not the same team as last year. They are absolutely destroying Utah State right now. Up by 40 in the second half. They're playing like they're really passed off from their humiliation last year. Hope they win it all or at least go to the Final Four. Lots of our guys on this team.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Clemson, with three White starters , squeezed by higher seeded Baylor to reach the Sweet 16!
Just getting ready to report that! Thanks, northwinds!! Duke won as well as Filipowski had 14/5/4 and left the game with over 10 minutes to play because of his 4 fouls.