2024 March Madness

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
The NCAA tournament must be at an all time interest low on CF. No previews or mentions of the play in games. Now we are in day 1 and no comments yet…..

Marcus Domask of Illinois had a triple double leading his team to an easy win. 12 / 11 / 10. For the losing side (Morehead), Riley Minix had 27 points.

Creighton and their 4 Whites starters won fairly easily. Kalkbrenner 23/8. Scheierman with 15/13. Miller and Ashworth with 10 points each.

Cormac Ryan (UNC) with 13 points in the easy win.

Larsson (Arizona) with 15 points and 5 assists. Easy win.

More diverse BYU get upset by Duquesne. LOL. The Dukes got 8 from freshman starter Jake DiMichele and bring 3 Euros off the bench. Jakub Necas had 12/6.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I have a little interest in Duquesne since their basketball program has been down for a very long time, but see that they start an all-black five, or maybe just four as Freethinker says the freshman DiMichele starts, along with some White bench depth that contributes. I did an image search for this year's team and it only shows an all "diverse" starting group.

As a kid I used to listen to their games on radio and watch occasionally on TV in the late '60s early '70s as they had some powerhouse teams, rising as high as fifth nationally in the rankings at one time. They were mostly White then, led by twin brothers Garry and Barry Nelson. They also had a black guy, Billy Knight, who went on to have a good NBA career. I just checked and Duquesne's record the three years the Nelson brothers were in the program was 59-16, and they played a tough schedule back then.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Nevada being led by 15 from sophomore guard Nick Davidson is on right now. Their opponent Dayton has 2 honkeys off the bench.

Later tonight we have Reed Shepard, Dalton Knecht, DeVries (Drake) and Dickinson / Furphy in action.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I have a little interest in Duquesne since their basketball program has been down for a very long time, but see that they start an all-black five, or maybe just four as Freethinker says the freshman DiMichele starts, along with some White bench depth that contributes.

As a kid I used to listen to their games on radio and watch occasionally on TV in the late '60s early '70s as they had some powerhouse teams, rising as high as fifth nationally in the rankings at one time. They were mostly White then, led by twin brothers Garry and Barry Nelson. They also had a black guy, Billy Knight, who went on to have a good NBA career. I just checked and Duquesne's record the three years the Nelson brothers were in the program was 59-16, and they played a tough schedule back then.
Good to know a little of their history. In all my years of following college hoops (since late 90s) they are never good. Since they actually start 1 White athlete (DiMichele) and bring 3 more off the bench you can certainly do worse for a rooting interest.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Good to know a little of their history. In all my years of following college hoops (since late 90s) they are never good. Since they actually start 1 White athlete (DiMichele) and bring 3 more off the bench you can certainly do worse for a rooting interest.
Well, if I follow the tournament at all (some years I do some years I don't) I'll definitely find a more White friendly team or two to cheer for. Duquesne was an underdog to BYU and are far from a genuine contender.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Nevada being led by 15 from sophomore guard Nick Davidson is on right now. Their opponent Dayton has 2 honkeys off the bench.

Later tonight we have Reed Shepard, Dalton Knecht, DeVries (Drake) and Dickinson / Furphy in action.

These are alot of the teams I'm excited for due to the NBA Draft this summer and all of these guys you mentioned should be
drafted and some in the top 10 to 15 picks of the first round.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Right now senior guard Jack Gohlke is putting on a show for Oakland. 27 points in an upset bit over Kentucky. Shepard has been totally quite / underutilized.

There's no sugar coating it, it's been a bad tournament from a CF perspective. Very white Virginia played about as bad as you'll see a D1 team play, Grambling State beat the somewhat less dark Montana State, BYU (still the whiter team) fell to Duquesne, and Reed Sheppard of UK looked really bad. Silver lining is Oakland's upset was fueled by a white player, still a loss though as Sheppard is an NBA prospect.

jphoss

Mentor
Creighton, Purdue and uconn seem like the best to root for who has a legit shot to win it. I haven’t paid much attention to college bball this year so apologies if I missed any other quality teams for us

Riggins44

Master
Jack Gohlke's performance was incredible. 32 points on 10/20 three pointers as Oakland pulls off the massive upset over Kentucky. He had the second most three pointers ever in a tournament game.

Riggins44

Master
Creighton, Purdue and uconn seem like the best to root for who has a legit shot to win it. I haven’t paid much attention to college bball this year so apologies if I missed any other quality teams for us
UConn starts three whites, their 2-4 scorers, and are the favorite now to win the tournament.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
There's no sugar coating it, it's been a bad tournament from a CF perspective. Very white Virginia played about as bad as you'll see a D1 team play, Grambling State beat the somewhat less dark Montana State, BYU (still the whiter team) fell to Duquesne, and Reed Sheppard of UK looked really bad. Silver lining is Oakland's upset was fueled by a white player, still a loss though as Sheppard is an NBA prospect.
I wouldn’t agree with that. There’s been some good results and some bad. Sheppard didn’t play well but Kentucky is a Caste Factory of one and dones. Them losing to a true Cinderella lead by 32 from a White SG feels like a win.

No highly ranked White friendly teams have lost yet. Virginia and BYU were not serious contenders. Creighton is, with 4 starters and more off the bench. They won easy. Gonzaga with 3 Whites in their rotation of 8 also won easy. Iowa St won with Momcilovic leading the team with 19 points. Dalton Knecht already has 13 in the first half. There’s plenty of positive developments so far if you’re willing to look a little.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Kansas is starting 3 of our guys tonight. Dickinson, Furphy and Timberlake. They were a trendy pick to get upset because of their injuries and poor play of late. They are off to a good start.

Drake and Washington St another game of interest that’s live. Both start 2 White athletes each but I’m pulling for Drake as DeVries is a star who averages nearly 22 ppg.

Logos5

Guru
There's Tennessee vs Saint Peters live, where currently Dalton Knecht is currently leading the team with 16 points

Bucky

Hall of Famer
The locals are in suicide mode tonight in The Bluegrass State. Coach Cal will be fired by morning.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
This is the least I’ve watched a tournament opening and it stinks. Was pretty damn busy all day but tried to keep up with the games best I could. Appreciate the updates and tomorrow I will be enjoying plenty of ball on my day off.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Kansas advanced, barely. Dickinson was a beast as always. 19 points, 20 rebounds and 4 blocks. Furphy chipped in 16/8 and Timberlake added 19 (including two key free throws at the end). Riley Allenspach, a freshman big, added an efficient 15 points for the losing side.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I didn't watch a single minute of college hoops this year, so besides the snippets of info that I get here, I am completely clueless as to how good/bad any of the teams are this year. So thanks for the work y'all do! Anyway, I was curious to see who St Marys was playing in their first round tilt and see that it's Grand Canyon University, who I've never heard of. Should be an eye-jarring contrast as it looks like only one cracka, a forward, sees any meaningful minutes from the Antelopes. However they do have a player by the name of Lök Wur. That's a new realm of naming creativity! Not to mention that he's so black that if the lights go out he will be invisible if he closes his eyes and doesn't smile. Go Gaels!

The teams to cheer for that are white friendly are Creighton UConn St Mary’s for those not following Creighton has a legitimate shot to win it.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Northwestern Vs FAU is a good one to kick off this Friday!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Drink everytime you hear an announcer mention “blue collar” when speaking about Northwestern! 1, one minute in lol. 4 gym rats get the start for Collins’ Wildcats.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Right now senior guard Jack Gohlke is putting on a show for Oakland. 27 points in an upset bit over Kentucky. Shepard has been totally quite / underutilized.
Yes he carried the team on his back with insane shooting. The coach all but stated that we go as deep as his shooting is in the Steph Curry realm of unworldly shooting. At some point he will come down to earth and Oakland will get buried. Let's hope it's not on Saturday.

PS last night all sports radio talked about famous Oakland U. alumni and they mentioned that the man who played Freddy Kreuger and Booger from the Revenge of the Nerds were alumni.

Drink everytime you hear an announcer mention “blue collar” when speaking about Northwestern! 1, one minute in lol. 4 gym rats get the start for Collins’ Wildcats.
Looks like the Wildcats will get it done, up 11 with less than a minute to go. Princeton transfer G Ryan Langborn led the way with a game high 27 points and clutch drive to the basket to force OT.

Snow Plow

Guru
Looks like the Wildcats will get it done, up 11 with less than a minute to go. Princeton transfer G Ryan Langborn led the way with a game high 27 points and clutch drive to the basket to force OT.
I think that was Barnhizer. Either way, it was a great play. It’s nice to see our guys drive the lane and get the layup vs waiting for the last second desperation shot.