2023 NFL Week Two

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Steelers-Browns game was pretty entertaining. Glad the Steelers won over their bitter rival. Myles Garrett held to a single tackle by Pitt's subpar o-line.

Kenny Pickett should continue to improve as the season goes on. Starting the season against the 49ers and then the Browns, who admittedly have a good defense, is tough, but he made enough plays combined with big plays by the defense for his team to prevail.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
TJ Watt is flat out amazing yet they tell us very few white guys can play defense. Only a handful of guys are capable. Lurkers take note.
It's all lies on top of lies and false stereotypes.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Third down…the 46m dollar rapist goes back to pass…he throws deep…..and it’s five yard out of bounds. So close!
The Browns are in real trouble now that Nick Chubb, who’s one of the few elite running backs, is done for the year. Watson has looked awful since coming off his rapey hiatus. He’ll be further exposed now that there’s more pressure on the pass attack.

Good thing he got all that guaranteed money. Couldn’t wish it on a more deserving GM and franchise….

NikoDuke

Mentor
Pleased that the Steelers beat the Cleveland Blacks. And good to see a few of our guys lead the way. Hope Gunner gets another shot.

I didn't think Watson was that bad. Having sad that, I don't think he's a better performer than Taysom Hill and yet one has a huge contract and the other is a rotational player. Sums up the caste system quote well.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Fields with yet another pick 6...lol (sorry Don)
LOL, that’s as bad a pick as one could throw. He’s being mocked around social media. A lot of memes too that he can’t read a defense. The DWFs are waking up to this…

Warhawk_46

Master
That was a brutal knee injury for Chubb one of the top 3 backs in the league for the last few years. Wishing for a full recovery but he might be done…

IMG_6732.jpeg

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The pressure may be getting to Watson:

Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio reports Deshaun Watson’s “two blatant face mask fouls and his shove of an official” will be “evaluated and assessed” by the NFL.
Watson had a pair of face mask penalties late in the Browns’ Week 2 loss to the Steelers and made (aggressive) contact with a ref after getting into it with Steelers players on the sideline. Completely out of sorts and terrible for a second straight week, Watson’s 2023 could not have gotten off to a worse start. The outside chance that Watson could serve a suspension for his Monday night histrionics would put rookie Dorian Thompson-Robinson under center for the Browns. The mobile Thompson-Robinson would be a priority waiver add in superflex leagues and some one-QB formats.

Warhawk_46

Master

Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio reports Deshaun Watson’s “two blatant face mask fouls and his shove of an official” will be “evaluated and assessed” by the NFL.
Watson had a pair of face mask penalties late in the Browns’ Week 2 loss to the Steelers and made (aggressive) contact with a ref after getting into it with Steelers players on the sideline. Completely out of sorts and terrible for a second straight week, Watson’s 2023 could not have gotten off to a worse start. The outside chance that Watson could serve a suspension for his Monday night histrionics would put rookie Dorian Thompson-Robinson under center for the Browns. The mobile Thompson-Robinson would be a priority waiver add in superflex leagues and some one-QB formats.
He is and has been a garbage human being. What did Cleveland think they were getting? A good guy?

With every success Baker Mayfield has, I enjoy knowing the Browns are stuck with this turd.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer

He is and has been a garbage human being. What did Cleveland think they were getting? A good guy?

With every success Baker Mayfield has, I enjoy knowing the Browns are stuck with this turd.

Watson looks like a pretty average QB. Amazing that the Browns shelled out 230 million dollars for him. In Houston he was often playing from behind which allowed him to put up stats. Rooting for him, the racist GM and the Browns to fail on this investment.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Watson looks like a pretty average QB. Amazing that the Browns shelled out 230 million dollars for him. In Houston he was often playing from behind which allowed him to put up stats. Rooting for him, the racist GM and the Browns to fail on this investment.
I saw the game and If I didn't know any better I would have thought I was watching a Dobbs level qb starting from the Browns. I saw a talking head video and the "expert" was speculating that sitting on his butt for a year and half might have destroyed his quickness/speed. It's a valid point as I have seen this was receivers and sprinters in track and field as suspended athletes many times age rapidly when they try and return to their sport.

While I never thought Watson was truly elite he was on the fringes of elite but now he could be any random back up to possibly 3rd string guy in the league from what I saw on Monday night.

PS I never saw the Chubb injury but his screams of pain are all need to know about this injury. This could be a Marcus Lattimore type injury and he probably will never return to an all star level of play again.

Snow Plow

Mentor
I saw the game and If I didn't know any better I would have thought I was watching a Dobbs level qb starting from the Browns. I saw a talking head video and the "expert" was speculating that sitting on his butt for a year and half might have destroyed his quickness/speed. It's a valid point as I have seen this was receivers and sprinters in track and field as suspended athletes many times age rapidly when they try and return to their sport.

While I never thought Watson was truly elite he was on the fringes of elite but now he could be any random back up to possibly 3rd string guy in the league from what I saw on Monday night.

PS I never saw the Chubb injury but his screams of pain are all need to know about this injury. This could be a Marcus Lattimore type injury and he probably will never return to an all star level of play again.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

Yes but they all have that magical smile, flick of the wrist and limitless upside no matter their age. Just believe the propaganda.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I've never thought that he was that good. All of his massage table shenanigans aside, his time in Houston was vastly overrated by the salivating media. He was a great garbage-time QB, and much of whatever success he had was due to DeAndre Hopkins who at the time was probably the best receiver in the league. All you have to do is look at the before and after once Hopkins went to Arizona. Without his top receiver, Watson was all of a sudden not-so-good and the Texans quickly tanked. Watson and all of his imaginary greatness was not able to lead his team to wins.

Fast-forward to the Browns, Watson looks just like that QB that played that last year on the Texans only with a couple of years of rust and the same type of team around him. Any wins the Browns muster this year will be due to the above-average defense. Of course a cap-busting contract for a bad player is fitting for the Browns, just like it is for the Cardinals.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I've never thought that he was that good. All of his massage table shenanigans aside, his time in Houston was vastly overrated by the salivating media. He was a great garbage-time QB, and much of whatever success he had was due to DeAndre Hopkins who at the time was probably the best receiver in the league. All you have to do is look at the before and after once Hopkins went to Arizona. Without his top receiver, Watson was all of a sudden not-so-good and the Texans quickly tanked. Watson and all of his imaginary greatness was not able to lead his team to wins.

Fast-forward to the Browns, Watson looks just like that QB that played that last year on the Texans only with a couple of years of rust and the same type of team around him. Any wins the Browns muster this year will be due to the above-average defense. Of course a cap-busting contract for a bad player is fitting for the Browns, just like it is for the Cardinals.
Excellent post. Think you hit the nail on the head here.

Warhawk_46

Master

Did you see the picture of Chubb’s injury I posted? Looks brutal.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Yes it was obvious from the screams of pain and the OMG reaction of the crowd that it was career threatening too, thanks for posting the video.

Chubb is actually a good player and one of the top 3 RBs in football (McCaffery and Henry being the others). He doesn't carry himself like the typical black NFL athletes. That offense was dependent on his ability so now Watson will have that much more pressure on him to perform. The Browns may be a dumpster fire this year just like the Bears.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Chubb is actually a good player and one of the top 3 RBs in football (McCaffery and Henry being the others). He doesn't carry himself like the typical black NFL athletes. That offense was dependent on his ability so now Watson will have that much more pressure on him to perform. The Browns may be a dumpster fire this year just like the Bears.
I agree. I believe Chubb led the league in rushing at least once and is always one of the top rushers in the nfl. Horrible injury for the kid. Hope
he can recover but it is very possible his best days are behind him. Yes I too think the Browns will have alot harder time moving the ball without him. You can put in another rb but not of his caliber.