2023 NFL Week Two

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It's great to see Taysom Hill of the Saints off to a good start. He has 4 rushes for 24 yards so far.

TwentyTwo

Master
Adam Theilen 5 receptions 44 yards still in 1st half!

It's great to see Taysom Hill of the Saints off to a good start. He has 4 rushes for 24 yards so far.
Yes indeed! Taysom was gashing the Panthers defense!

Nice to see TE Foster Moreau with a couple of catches after the health concern!

Pete Werner is a bad dude! He could lead the NFL in Tackles!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Damn, Gunner with a nightmarish game, hope he's still on the team after this.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Needs more balls thrown his way so he can put that behind him. Hopefully he gets the chance but, I'm not optimistic he will...
Gunner's mainly a kick returner and he made a real bad mental error in that department tonight already. He's their fifth or sixth receiver and one of them ahead of him is Calvin Austin, who I've mentioned is kind of a Black version of Gunner except that he was drafted in the fourth round last year while Gunner is a lowly UFA. Gunner's hold on a roster spot is now very tenuous.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Hill up to 8 carries for 64 yards. I’m only checking the box scores tonight. Can someone who’s watching explain how Hill is being used? As a traditional running back or is he coming in for Carr and running out of the QB position?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Steelers offensive line is awful. Najee Harris isn't much better. Would love to see Horvath get a call up. Warren is an admittedly good player and fits the offense better than the overrated Harris.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Touchdown Thielen! And then the 2 point conversion. He’s being used much more than week 1.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Then on the subsequent series, Taysom ices the game with an 11 yard run on first down. Saints win.

Hill finishes the leading rusher. 9 carries for 75 yards. If he received a starters amount of carries he goes over 100 yards easy. Maybe next week the coach will have the balls to do so.

Warhawk_46

Master
I’ve been saying for the last three years, Taysom Hill gives the Saints the very best chance to win. He is a better dual-threat quarterback than Justin Fields and likely better than Lamar Jackson. The only reason he was not given the chance is because he is white. Were his melanin content higher, the media and general manager would be salivating over his “new age football” potential.

As it is, he is relegated to Swiss Army Back, or X Back as in X-Factor. If not given the opportunity to become the quarterback, he should be designated a running back and be theirs primary ball carrier as he is easily their most talented runner. He could post a 1,000 yard season if given the opportunity.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hill still looks fast and strong, very hard to tackle. What a waste of talent compared to what could have been.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I’ve been saying for the last three years, Taysom Hill gives the Saints the very best chance to win. He is a better dual-threat quarterback than Justin Fields and likely better than Lamar Jackson. The only reason he was not given the chance is because he is white. Were his melanin content higher, the media and general manager would be salivating over his “new age football” potential.

As it is, he is relegated to Swiss Army Back, or X Back as in X-Factor. If not given the opportunity to become the quarterback, he should be designated a running back and be theirs primary ball carrier as he is easily their most talented runner. He could post a 1,000 yard season if given the opportunity.
I agree that he should be used almost exclusively as a running back, as few teams have been able to stop him. When Kamara comes back, he should be the change of pace guy and they’d be a good combo. Unfortunately I think the QB ship has sailed but he’s still useful for an occasional pass to keep the defense honest.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Was watching the Saints-Panthers game and Dan Orlovsky said that Bryce Young's poor night was the result of none of his receivers getting separation. As he was saying that, there was a perp shot first of Thielen and then of Hayden Hurst. Very obvious Caste clown comment made in conjunction with the producer instantly following up with the "correct" visuals that virtually no DWFs watching likely noticed.

Warhawk_46

Master
Was watching the Saints-Panthers game and Dan Orlovsky said that Bryce Young's poor night was the result of none of his receivers getting separation. As he was saying that, there was a perp shot first of Thielen and then of Hayden Hurst. Very obvious Caste clown comment made in conjunction with the producer instantly following up with the "correct" visuals that virtually no DWFs watching likely noticed.
And yet… Thielen is, by far, the best receiver on that team. The DWFs do not realize he actually makes that clown throwing the ball look far better than he actually is. I do wish he had signed with another organization as Bryce Young has bust written all over him.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
And yet… Thielen is, by far, the best receiver on that team. The DWFs do not realize he actually makes that clown throwing the ball look far better than he actually is. I do wish he had signed with another organization as Bryce Young has bust written all over him.

The very early returns don't look good on him. Don't think he will be able to stay healthy - he did none of the combine workouts if I recall and his weigh-in was suspect. He isn't a great runner either. If he were White he would of been a late round pick like AJ McCarron. Instead he was the consensus #1 pick.

Snow Plow

Mentor
I noticed that as well. Thielen caught 7 of 9 targets with a TD and a 2 PT conversion and Hurst caught 3 of 3. The speedster Mingo only caught 3 of 8, so maybe our guys aren’t the problem.

Snow Plow

Mentor
Watson with 2 personal foul face mask calls, the last on Herbig, who would have had an excellent sack.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Steelers all sumo o-line again can't block to save their lives. Najee Harris can't break an ankle tackle. The best players play!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Nice to see Holcomb coming on after a slow start last week and in the first half tonight.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
TJ scoop n score! Truck yeah! High smith is a beast off that edge as well. Too bad Herbig ended up there.

Snow Plow

Mentor
Third down…the 46m dollar rapist goes back to pass…he throws deep…..and it’s five yard out of bounds. So close!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Taysom Hill had 9 carries for 75 yards. We have never seen him ever average 15 to 20 carries per game. Just imagine. Yes
many more of our guys could do this and especially the bigger guys. Their other rb had 12 for 34 yards. What a joke! Of
course they gave the magical rb the 2 td carries. You just can't make this stuff up!