2023-'24 NBA Season

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Donte D. went off for 40 points tonight! :flamethrower2:

The 40 points largely came from 11 3 pointers, a Knicks’ record. Thank goodness that the “Big Ragu” signed with New York. It’s the first team that has given him the opportunity to be more than a spot starter or limited minutes rotational bench piece. Since Donte was inserted in the starting lineup and given the green light to shoot, he’s been sensational. In January he averaged 15.6 ppg, February 21.7 and March so far 19.8. At 27 years old and signed for 50 million over 4 years, the Knicks found and secured a star in his prime years at a bargain price.

And speaking of the White Villanova Player diaspora, I see that Collin Gillespie is running as the backup PG for the Nuggets. He’s doing a solid job, so hopefully he can parlay this temporary opportunity into a more permanent one next year.

Last edited:

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Donte D. went off for 40 points tonight! :flamethrower2:

I noticed Corey Kispert has started the last several games scored 19 points and had 12 rebounds to go along with 3 assists.
Zach Collins with the rare start had 18 points, 5 rebounds
Doncic: 29/12/13
Markkanen: 34/7
Jokic: 29/11/8
Christian Braun with the start was 8-10 17 points and 5 boards.
Sabonis triple double: 11/13/10
TJ McConnell: 15 and 6 off the bench

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Fun to watch. Can’t remember the last time a white guy was a scoring threat for the Knick’s Maybe Ernie Grunfeld in the early 80s?
More recently they’ve had Porzingis, David Lee and a young Danilo Gallinari. In their brief runs in NY, all scored close or around 20 points per game. But I can understand where your coming from, as the Knicks have never been White friendly in my 25 years of “following them”.

Last edited:

SneakyQuick

Mentor
I gave up on the nba long before Gallinari and Porzingis

I vaguely remember David Lee.

It’s kinda funny. I watch very little sports anymore outside of hockey and some foreign sports I find interesting and motor racing.

But I feel way more informed than ever because I enjoy this forum.

Thanks to all for sharing this info

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Dallas Mavs are the hottest team in the NBA. Good news with only 8 games left in the season.

Luka Doncic had 47 points, 12 rebounds and 7 assists! He is so close to winning the NBA Scoring Title!

NikoDuke

Mentor

El Gringo

Mentor
Jokic took “Wemby” to school last night. He had three nice dunks in the first quarter.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Jokic took “Wemby” to school last night. He had three nice dunks in the first quarter.

He sure did! The African Beanpool is getting a ton of hype. I’ll admit getting 9 blocks in a game is impressive and he’s active on the boards. However, 9-29 shooting for a 7’-4” player is atrocious. No wonder the Spurs can’t win games despite having this “generational star”.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
This just occurred to me...
The best player in the NBA right now is Nikola Jokic.
The best player in the men's NCAA right now is Zack Edey
The best player in the women's NCAA right now is Caitlin Clark.
The best player in high school right now is Cooper Flagg.

Wow! It's a special time.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer

Indeed! Also Breanna Stewart is the reigning WNBA MVP so it’s really a clean sweep.

And yet the NBA is like 15-20 percent White only. When you see that a talent like Mac McClung can’t crack into that percentage, you realize some forces are at play here.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Another thing that occurred to me recently . . .
. . . all the top NBA MVP candidates (black or white) are non-Americans:
Nikola Jokic (Serbia)
Luka Doncic (Slovenia)
Shai Gilgeous Alexander (Canada)
Giannis (Greece)
and before injury, Joel Embid (Cameroon)

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Let's add tot his that Luka Doncic is going to win the NBA Scoring Title.

In the NBA G League Mac McClung just won the Scoring Title yet no team is interested.

white is right

Hall of Famer
If this guy gets drafted but McClung can't get on a roster beyond a 10 day contract this league is more show than I even thought...

Cue up the clown music...

He sure did! The African Beanpool is getting a ton of hype. I’ll admit getting 9 blocks in a game is impressive and he’s active on the boards. However, 9-29 shooting for a 7’-4” player is atrocious. No wonder the Spurs can’t win games despite having this “generational star”.
The media gaslighting machine is working overtime for this kid. He was hyped as the greatest prospect of ALL time, and I consistently hear about how he's exceeded expectations. Really?

He certainly has physical traits we haven't seen before, and those traits will allow him to have an impact. But he's a terrible shooter with one of the highest usage rates in the league. His FG% of 46% is terrible for a big (Jokic is 57.9%) and his 3pt% is a putrid 31%. That doesn't stop the worship.

Yet again tonight, 0-7 from the field and getting dominated by the 6'11" Valanciunas. He will never be a good enough shooter to play outside, and he'll never hold enough weight to play inside. I'm not trying to say this kid is bad or won't improve, but he's very much in the class as guys like Porzingis and Sabonis with some extra skills on defense.

NikoDuke

Mentor

Laybrick

Talking heads are already getting on the SGA train. Starting to feel similar to what happened last year with Embid..

It's the final MVP poll,he should have the MVP.Black men in the media like Steven Smith will be trying a last push to rob him. Educated voters will vote Jokic, he has the highest PER rating in the league and is by far the best player in the league. As good as Luka and Shai are they take and miss a lot more shots than Jokic.

booth

Mentor
Early this week, Sabonis became only the second player in NBA history to score 1000 points, grab 1000 rebounds, and have 600 assists. He joins Wilt Chamberlain as the other player to accomplish this. Wilt did it twice in his career.

smlyons77

Unfortunately, Mr. Gilbert "I'm Packin' Heat in a LOCKER ROOM!" Arenas has made it perfectly clear what he thinks of white players...