2023-'24 NBA Season

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I forgot to mention that Donte Divencenzo scored 33 points the other night. So happy to see him finally starting for a team that supports
him. The Knicks are doing good this year.

The Mavs lost tonight to the Bucks but our guys played great. Luka Doncic had 40 points, 11 assists and 9 rebounds. Maxi Kleber got
a rare start and responded with 21 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists and 2 steals.
Listening to NY sports radio in the car today and DiVincenzo was getting high praise from the host. He said something like, “this guy is awesome”. The Knicks seem like a great fit for him finally.

In tonight’s game he had 26 points. For the Lakers, Reaves had 22 points, 6 boards and 7 assists. Glad he’s finally starting and is often the Lakers best player, with James and Davis aging out of their best years.

Now that Embiid is out for a while it looks like MVP is highly likely to go to a white man, either Luka or Jokic. But I could see the voters screwing over Whitey again and giving it to Shai

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Not going to sugar coat this. Gradey Dick has not been a very good shooter thus far in his rookie season. He's been averaging 4 points a game and shooting 33%, but I check the Raptors box almost every night and he's finally having a decent night. 7-14 and 17 points in 22 minutes off the bench. Really hoping he turns it around quickly before he gets released.

El Gringo

Mentor
It’s kind of hard to shoot well or get into any type of rhythm when your playing limited minutes and under the threat of being benched or sent to the g-league every time he misses a shot.

Booth

Mentor
Dick finished with 22 points in 30 minutes. A step in the right direction.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
It’s kind of hard to shoot well or get into any type of rhythm when your playing limited minutes and under the threat of being benched or sent to the g-league every time he misses a shot.
True, but he has had nights where he has had 10+ shots and he's made 2 or 1 for 8, etc. How many shots does he need to get into a rhythm? Being white he has to take advantage of those nights where he's getting 10+ shots. He can't keep making only 2 or 20%. As booth stated, last night was a step in the right direction.
Hindsight is 20/20, but I wish he would've played college one more year. He's only 20 years old. Also, being on a horrible team doesn't help
either.

NikoDuke

Mentor
^^ Correct. And additionally, he is being told he needs to "round" out his game because that's what pure shooters are always told..amirite..

While his stat line has improved recently , I'm concerned that the Raptors are misusing Gradey and that they may seriously negatively impact his pro potential.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Today Feb. 8th is the trading deadline at the end of the work day. We have seen 2 moves so far that I like.

Bojan Bogdanovich was traded to the Knicks. The NY Knicks now have more of our guys on the team than I've seen in
decades of occasionally tracking Knicks Basketball. He should be a starter and if he is they would have 3 whites in the
starting 5. In liberal NY of all places. Never thought I would see it. They are winning games and have a chance to make a
run in the playoffs.

The other trade was that Gordan Hayword was traded to the OKC Thunder. This should also give them 3 white starters!

icsept

Master
I expect Hayward and Bogdanovich to both come off the bench. I’m afraid Hayward could steal minutes from Giddey in OKC. Bogdanovich should get quality minutes for the Knicks, especially with Randle injured. But, it’s good to see championship contenders adding White pieces. It’s always been the key to success.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
The Mavs beat the Knicks in New York.
Doncic with 39 points. DiVencenzo with 36 points for NY.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I expect Hayward and Bogdanovich to both come off the bench. I’m afraid Hayward could steal minutes from Giddey in OKC. Bogdanovich should get quality minutes for the Knicks, especially with Randle injured. But, it’s good to see championship contenders adding White pieces. It’s always been the key to success.

There is no way that Bogdanovich comes off the bench. The guy scores over 20 points a game. He will be a starter so they will have
3 white starters for the Knicks.

With OKC they may bring Hayward off the bench but he could also start. I would tend to agree with you more on Hayward as a backup.

I love that both of these long time scoring machine veterans will have a chance to be on playoff teams before they retire! Poetic Justice!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Good trade for the Knicks. I think Bogdanovich will be the backup SF, as Anunoby will likely start. With that said, he still should get good minutes and alot of scoring opportunities. Either way, with the way Donte DiVincenzo playing out of his mind lately, the Knicks are a good watch. Over the last 6 games Donte is averaging 29.2 points per game!!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
That’s only because Randle is hurt. If and when he comes back, he is the 4 and then it’s between OG and Bojan at the 3. I hope I’m wrong but I’m quite certain Anunoby will start. Don’t forget the Knicks traded for him 1st and have played very well since he arrived.

El Gringo

Mentor
Is it a coincidence that Hayward and Bog were traded to teams that already have a white man playing the exact same position? Their new minutes will come mostly at the expense of Giddy and Donte. Bog would have been a perfect complement to Luka.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Is it a coincidence that Hayward and Bog were traded to teams that already have a white man playing the exact same position? Their new minutes will come mostly at the expense of Giddy and Donte. Bog would have been a perfect complement to Luka.

Yes he would. Even the other Bogdanovic in Atlanta who is 2 years younger would also blend in great with the Mavs. The only thing
other than Doncic positive about the Mavs is that Maxi Kleber has been starting again. He needs to stay healthy as he is a solid player.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Bucks are a mess. They owe their past two coaches 60 mil. On top of all the $ they threw at overrated Doc Rivers. Not to mention tax payers are on the hook for another 220 million for the new stadium. Amerika 2.0 at its finest.

Warhawk_46

Master
I’ve always liked Hayward. He is one of the rare American white players that has been a starter and gotten enough minutes and attempts to average 20 ppg or close enough to it for the majority of his career.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
OKC loading up for Playoffs is a good move imo. Hayward has had an under the radar year. 14 and about 5 and 5 with assists and rebounds.

Snow Plow

Mentor
Gradey Dick with 18 points last night. He is averaging 10.7 PPG in February and has made 15-30 from 3. He is now 15-26 in his last 5 games after going 0-4 to start the month.

Doncic with a triple double. Bogdanovic had 28. Divincenzo with 23 and has had double digits in 13 straight games. Jokic with 29-12-8 and has 15 straight games with 20+ points.

Kessler started and had 11-9-1-4 (blocks)-2 (steals) in 26 minutes. Markannen chipped in with 19. Kennard with double digits off the bench and has also done so in 12-13 games and is shooting 50%+ from three in February.

I may have missed some as well.

icsept

Master
Luka is averaging 34.3 points per game, second only to Embiid’s 35.2. He’s 3 ppg ahead of SGA at 31.1. Embiid has only played 34 games and must play 58 to qualify for the scoring title. The 76ers only have 29 games left. Embiid will be out another 4-6 weeks. So, basically the scoring title is looking good for Luka.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Luka is averaging 34.3 points per game, second only to Embiid’s 35.2. He’s 3 ppg ahead of SGA at 31.1. Embiid has only played 34 games and must play 58 to qualify for the scoring title. The 76ers only have 29 games left. Embiid will be out another 4-6 weeks. So, basically the scoring title is looking good for Luka.

While all of this is true I don't want to see a stupid asterisk and hear all the media & fans say he only won because Embiid got hurt. So I
would like to see Doncic win the scoring title with 35.3 points or higher. Tall task I know but even then we will hear them cry!

Snow Plow

Mentor
Whites with 53 of the 69 points so far as Miami leads 69-52 over Milwaukee at halftime.

Whites with 53 of the 69 points so far as Miami leads 69-52 over Milwaukee at halftime.
Jovic randomly makes an appearance in the starting 5, I assume due to injury or load management, and has 18 points in 23 minutes. Some folks here mentioned him as a potential breakout player this season but he hasn't had a real shot until tonight.

Edit: up to 23 points in 26 minutes. 8-11 from the field with 7 boards.