2016 NFL Draft

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Looking like one of the best years I can remember for our guys picking up post season All Star invites.

Yea its been fairly surprising. It is still very early in the draft process but so far things are trending in a positive direction.

I believe that their are 110 senior bowl invitees - if white players can get to about 40-45 invites that would bode very well for getting some white players into the NFL next year. Right now their are 26 out of 71 white players invited to attend the senior bowl (including 2 long snappers).

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
An NFL.com article says that Connor Cook "snubbed" and "disrespected" former player Archie Griffin. I don't know what happened but I'm not surprised that they're writing something negative about a White player.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
An NFL.com article about Christian McCaffrey describes him as having "sneaky strength," whatever that is. They just can't say a White player is fast or strong. The mainstream media always has to diminish it in some way.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
An NFL.com article about Christian McCaffrey describes him as having "sneaky strength," whatever that is. They just can't say a White player is fast or strong. The mainstream media always has to diminish it in some way.

Sneaky strength.. That's a new one. Don't see how strength can be sneaky seeing as how you can test strength in bench press,squats and power cleans. If you look at McCaffreys numbers there is a direct correlation between numbers he puts up in weight of room and his strength on field.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
It sounds like Scooby Wright is going to be declaring for the draft. Prior to the season he was labeled as having a "beach body build" and now this blurb from Tony Pauline a supposed draft insider:

Previous reports stated junior linebacker Scooby Wright had been meeting with agents. Sources tell me the Arizona product has in fact chosen who will represent him and the official announcement will be made soon after the New Mexico Bowl next Saturday. Where does Wright end up? The majority of people tell me Wright is no better than a mid-to-late round prospect, something I totally agree with.

Yet the overrated Myles Jack who got more notoriety for being a two way player rather than a linebacker, coming off an ACL injury is viewed as a first round pick. Wright's college production in the two years they both played - 2013 and 2014 totally blows Jacks production out of the water.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
It sounds like Scooby Wright is going to be declaring for the draft. Prior to the season he was labeled as having a "beach body build" and now this blurb from Tony Pauline a supposed draft insider:

Previous reports stated junior linebacker Scooby Wright had been meeting with agents. Sources tell me the Arizona product has in fact chosen who will represent him and the official announcement will be made soon after the New Mexico Bowl next Saturday. Where does Wright end up? The majority of people tell me Wright is no better than a mid-to-late round prospect, something I totally agree with.

Yet the overrated Myles Jack who got more notoriety for being a two way player rather than a linebacker, coming off an ACL injury is viewed as a first round pick. Wright's college production in the two years they both played - 2013 and 2014 totally blows Jacks production out of the water.

Jack is a carbon copy of Shaq Thompson who came out last year as first rounder and hasn't done ****. It's amazing how white players can suffer a major knee injury and hurt his draft stock but magical negro Jack is lock for first round!!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Jack is a carbon copy of Shaq Thompson who came out last year as first rounder and hasn't done ****. It's amazing how white players can suffer a major knee injury and hurt his draft stock but magical negro Jack is lock for first round!!

Jack is bigger than Thompson was but other than that not much difference between them.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Three more white skill position player invited to the senior bowl this week:

OT Spencer Drango Baylor
TE Tyler Higbee WKU
TE Henry Kreiger-Koble Iowa

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Overrated and idiotic Robert Nkemdiche living off of his high school 5 star rating from the bogus recruiting services:

http://espn.go.com/college-football...emdiche-suspended-sugar-bowl-following-arrest

He fell out of a building, was high on marijuana and charged with possession. He is suspended for his last game - the Sugar Bowl and is still listed as a potential top 10 pick. This guy has not even had 10 sacks combined in his three years at Ole Miss. He has 7 CAREER sacks. This is what is wrong with the NFL.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Overrated and idiotic Robert Nkemdiche living off of his high school 5 star rating from the bogus recruiting services:

http://espn.go.com/college-football...emdiche-suspended-sugar-bowl-following-arrest

He fell out of a building, was high on marijuana and charged with possession. He is suspended for his last game - the Sugar Bowl and is still listed as a potential top 10 pick. This guy has not even had 10 sacks combined in his three years at Ole Miss. He has 7 CAREER sacks. This is what is wrong with the NFL.

Especially hate this idiot!! Overrated!!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Joel Stave and Brandon Doughty both headed to East West game.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
QB Kevin Hogan, QB Cody Kessler, DE Carl Nassib and C Jack Allen to senior bowl.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Per Phil Savage they will be inviting 8 QBs this year to the Senior Bowl instead of the normal 6. So far 6 have been announced:

Carson Wentz
Cody Kessler
Jeff Driskel
Kevin Hogan
Jacoby Brissett
Dak Prescott

Jacob Coker has been invited but his participation has not been formally announced. Connor Cook is the other likely senior invitee but no formal announcement has been made. Typically highly rated senior QBs have been known to skip the senior bowl.

I still cannot believe Brandon Allen, Brandon Doughty, Matt Johnson, Jake Rudock are not invited but gimmick black quarterbacks are. Brissett failed to show up in any big game and Prescott is a very poor man's Tebow.

Upside

Mentor
Well, its that time of year; every know-nothing sportswriter/hack in the country is looking to give their opinion on position needs around the league. I came across a gem on nfl.com by some chump Lance Zuerlein. See if you can guess the Vikings' defensive needs...

need a replacement for old man Greenway; need a replacement for old man Robison; and they will 'surely address' the safety position.
Yes, the Vikings 10th ranked defense, 5th against the pass, will 'surely address' safety...

I don't know why they don't just write 'replace the whites'...

It gets better, apparently, the Falcons will look to find a field general at middle linebacker. The Falcons over paid ever member of their defensive line; overpaid every member of their secondary, but defensive captain and one of the league's best tacklers Paul Worrilow, who makes next to nothing, is the problem. By the way, no criticism at all for rookie pass rushing extraordinaire Vic Beasley and his 3 sacks. Yeah, he needs help...

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Well, its that time of year; every know-nothing sportswriter/hack in the country is looking to give their opinion on position needs around the league. I came across a gem on nfl.com by some chump Lance Zuerlein. See if you can guess the Vikings' defensive needs...

need a replacement for old man Greenway; need a replacement for old man Robison; and they will 'surely address' the safety position.
Yes, the Vikings 10th ranked defense, 5th against the pass, will 'surely address' safety...

I don't know why they don't just write 'replace the whites'...

It gets better, apparently, the Falcons will look to find a field general at middle linebacker. The Falcons over paid ever member of their defensive line; overpaid every member of their secondary, but defensive captain and one of the league's best tacklers Paul Worrilow, who makes next to nothing, is the problem. By the way, no criticism at all for rookie pass rushing extraordinaire Vic Beasley and his 3 sacks. Yeah, he needs help...

excellent rant. Wouldn't be surprised if Vikings start purging some of their white defensive players soon. Greenway and Robison getting up in age ,surely they will be replaced with affletes with real upside. Also I've noticed a ton of hate for Safety Andrew Sendejo. Every time I've seen the guy play I've come away impressed. Think he does good job paired with Harrison Smith. Based on the numbers their pass D is top 10 so what's problem?!?!

Falcons defense, perfect example of a coal black,afflete ridden defense,full of speed,upside, and room brightening smiles. Yet they completely suck! Worrilow and Biermann are only pale faces on the field so they must be the problem. Right...

Last edited:

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I've seen a few mock drafts with Scooby Wright sneaking into late first round! I think it's very possible especially once he runs well(4.6 range).

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I've seen a few mock drafts with Scooby Wright sneaking into late first round! I think it's very possible especially once he runs well(4.6 range).

I hope you are right. I think best case is second round for him realistically speaking - he should be a first round pick in a fair world. He is better than the overhyped manti teo who was a second rounder. Just about every team could use a versatile linebacker who actually makes tackles, sacks and plays behind the line of scrimmage.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
http://collegiate.nflpa.com/player-profile-max-mccafrrey-duke/

Duke WR Max McCaffrey has quietly wrapped up a solid career as a Blue Devil. Not as explosive as his younger brother Heisman runner up Christian McCaffrey. But He offers hands of glue,solid route runner, and I'm willing to bet he runs better than his possession receiver label.