2016 NFL Draft

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
"Draft guru" Matt Miller has standout LB Tyler Matakevich tabbed with a 7th rd/UDFA grade. Despite his uncanny production and hours of film.

He and the scouts he's "talked to" believe Matakevich to be tight hipped and slow. Basically because he's white.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
"Draft guru" Matt Miller has standout LB Tyler Matakevich tabbed with a 7th rd/UDFA grade. Despite his uncanny production and hours of film.

He and the scouts he's "talked to" believe Matakevich to be tight hipped and slow. Basically because he's white.

In 2012 Matt Miller said Luke Kuechly only reached the level of a third rounder on his good days.

Miller's analysis is a waste of time. His opinions are valueless.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
This is what Miller said about Matakevich in his most recent article:

I've been asked a lot about Temple linebacker Tyler Matakevich on Twitter, and looking back at my summer notes, I gave him an undrafted free agent grade. Before starting on his senior film, I asked around to area scouts to see if he should be a priority watch, and all three responded he was in the sixth- or seventh-round range. Great college production, but he's seen as not agile enough and more of an overachiever

What does that even mean? He has been uber-productive playmaker and it's attributed to overachieving. He is three down linebacker, can make plays from sideline to sideline, can rush the QB and can drop back in coverage. These things don't happen because he is an overachiever but because he is athletic and knows the game of football. He is the reason Temple had such a dominant defense (along with Ioaniddis) and if he was black he would be the next Khalil Mack but since he is white they are doing their best to minimize him.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
As far as the Production vs. Athletic measurables debate. , Scouts would be smart to equate production with sound fundamentals - whether or not it's on defense with sound tackling instead of launching themselves using their helmets to try and tackle or not blowing assignments or it's WRs running crisp correct routes which are allowing them to catch the ball and put up great stats.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
In 2012 Matt Miller said Luke Kuechly only reached the level of a third rounder on his good days.

Miller's analysis is a waste of time. His opinions are valueless.

Ya he was forced to eat crow on that projection! I agree his opinions are valueless as he's brainwashed in black superiority beyond saving.. Sadly he has a lot of pull especially on Twitter in influencing future generations of #DWFs.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
As far as the Production vs. Athletic measurables debate. , Scouts would be smart to equate production with sound fundamentals - whether or not it's on defense with sound tackling instead of launching themselves using their helmets to try and tackle or not blowing assignments or it's WRs running crisp correct routes which are allowing them to catch the ball and put up great stats.

The perfect prospect has a mixture of production and athletic ability. Focusing on imaginary upside instead of intangibles is why black players picked High in the draft will continue to be busts as pros. The media quickly sweeps this under the rug and promotes their next crop of superhuman black athletes..

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Miller has also done his best to disparage NCAA sack leader Carl Nassib. He views him as a mid round prospect despite his 13.5 sacks and huge frame 6'6 280. Wait for it.. Miller believes him to play too high and is a limited effort pass rusher. If only Nassib could be like that bum Nkemdiche and have fast twitch upside and record barely a sack and a half in overrated SEC!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Miller has also done his best to disparage NCAA sack leader Carl Nassib. He views him as a mid round prospect despite his 13.5 sacks and huge frame 6'6 280. Wait for it.. Miller believes him to play too high and is a limited effort pass rusher. If only Nassib could be like that bum Nkemdiche and have fast twitch upside and record barely a sack and a half in overrated SEC!

The ironic thing about Nassib is he has that "long" frame that scouts and draftcucks always ooze over when the prospect is black. With white players who put up fantastic numbers its always something to try to disparage them. It is amazing how these asshats always get away with speaking out of both sides of their mouth.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Is their a new wave of white QBs on their way to replace the aging superstars currently playing at an elite level? Peyton, Brees, Brady, Rivers, Romo, Big Ben, Eli, Rodgers and Palmer all are on the wrong side of 30 - most are still playing very good even if the records are not indicative (see Brees - Saints and Rivers - Chargers) and in Peyton's case it appears that time is finally catching up with him.

After a few years of hype and buzz around black QBs, the read option and the "revolutionizing of the QB position" it seems that the NFL has gotten back to putting a premium on quarterbacks playing from within the pocket. We see media hype machines Robert Griffin and Colin Kaepernick lose their starting jobs, the game-managing Russell Wilson struggle without a dominant defense and running game to rely on. Newton is riding the Panthers defense and playing against a weak schedule more than the media will acknowledge, Tyrod Taylor is a very mediocre QB playing in a simplified system, Bridgewater is a game manager plain and simple. Jameez is pure garbage and will handicap Tampa Bay for years to come.

The pendulum really does seem to be swinging back to center. In college white QBs seem to have made quite the comeback this year. Spread option black QBs that would have been hyped up as first round picks are no longer in style. Last year's media proclaimed number one QB Cardale Jones has not been good at all this year running Urban Meyer's very easy offensive system giving away to the glorified running back J.T. Barrett. Dak Prescott and Trayvon Boykin are not considered NFL caliber QBs (which they are not).

As we look towards the 2016 NFL draft there are so many white QBs waiting in the wings - both seniors and juniors who should flood the league in the next two seasons to bring some stability to the position as the older gunslingers careers wind down.

Seniors:
1. Connor Cook Michigan St
2. Carson Wentz South Dakota St.
3. Cody Kessler USC
4. Nate Sudfeld Indiana
5. Brandon Allen Arkansas
6. Kevin Hogan Stanford
7. Brandon Doughty WKU
8. Matt Johnson BGSU
9. Jake Rudock Michigan
10. Jeff Driskel La Tech
11. Jake Coker Alabama
12. Mike Bercovicci Az State

Juniors
1. Paxton Lynch Memphis
2. Jared Goff Cal
3. Christian Hackenberg Penn St.
4. Gunner Kiel Cincinatti

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Official Press releases for Senior Bowl attendees are being released. Here are the white players that have received invites so far from the Senior Bowl website

QB Carson Wentz
FB Dan Vitale
TE Bryce Williams
OC Evan Boehm
OT Cole Toner
DT Matt Ioannadidis
LB Tyler Matakevich
LB Blake Martinez

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Second wave of senior bowl attendees announced:

QB Jeff Driskel
OT Joe Dahl
OL Connor McGovern
OLB Joe Schobert
OT Jason Spriggs
OG Christian Westerman

So far many more white players than last year. I expect the Tight End position to be dominated by white players.

As far as senior WRs I hope at least Spruce and Cajuste get senior bowl invites.

Defense is still lacking - fully expect invites for Zettel and Nassib. Both Wisconsin safeties - McEvoy and Caputo are deserving of invites as well.

woody39

Mentor
Really good work in the draft thread Leonardfan
Looks alot better for us this time around rather than the awful draft class from last year which was very poor for our boys.

Joe Schobert looked great when i saw him this year on espn great to see him invited.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The 2016 draft...is help on the way?

With the 2015 college football season wrapping up it's time to take an inventory of the draft prospects who will be eligible for the draft in 2016.

* = underclassman
**= medical issue

Quarterbacks
Jared Goff Cal*
Connor Cook Mich State
Paxton Lynch Memphis*
Carson Wentz NDSU
Christian Hackenberg PSU*
Cody Kessler USC
Kevin Hogan Stanford
Matt Johnson BGSU
Brandon Doughty WKU
Brandon Allen Arkansas
Jeff Driskel La Tech
Nate Sudfeld Indiana
Mike Bercovici Az St
Jake Rudock Michigan
Jacob Coker Alabama

Fullback
Dan Vitale
Derek Watt
Glenn Gronkowski

WR
Nelson Spruce Colorado
Cooper Kupp E. Washington*
Devon Cajuste Stanford
Mitch Matthews BYU
Casey Martin So Miss
David Glidden Ok St
Alex Erickson Wisconsin
Jesse Kroll CMU
Jenson Stoshak FAU

Tight End
Jake Butt Michigan*
Hunter Henry Arkansas *
Austin Hooper Stanford *
Nick Vannett Ohio St.
Bryce Williams ECU
Ryan Malleck Va Tech
Tyler Higbee WKU
Steven Scheu Vanderbilt
Jake McGee Florida
Braxton Deaver Duke

Center
Nick Martin Notre Dame
Jack Allen Mich St
Evan Boehm Missouri
Ryan Kelly Alabama
Jake Brendel UCLA

Offensive Guard
Pat Elflein Ohio St*
Cody Whitehair KSU
Greg Pyke UGA*
Christian Westerman Az St
Parker Ehinger Cincinatti
Connor McGovern Missouri
Ted Karras Illinois
Caleb Peterson UNC

Offensive Tackle
Taylor Decker Ohio St
Spencer Drango Baylor
Tyler Johnstone Oregon
Jack Conklin Michigan St*
Jason Spriggs Indiana
John Theus UGA
Kyle Murphy Stanford
Joe Haeg North Dakota St
Tyler Marz Wisconsin
Gavin Andrews Oregon St.
Ryker Mathews BYU
Jordan Swindle Kentucky
Alex Lewis Nebraska
Matt Hegarty Oregon

Defensive End
Joey Bosa Ohio St*
Carl Nassib PSU
Nick Mangieri Indiana
Dean Lowry Northwestern
Drew Ott Iowa** Applied for medical redshirt
James Cowser Southern Utah
Kyle Kragen Cal
Nate Meier Iowa

Defensive Tackle
Anthony Zettel PSU
Adam Gotsis Ga Tech
Matt Ionnidis Temple
Ryan Glasgow Michigan
Kyle Rose WVU
Connor Wujciak Boston College
Beau Blackshear Baylor
Travis Britz Kansas St

LB
Scooby Wright Arizona*
Tyler Matakevich Temple
Joe Schobert Wisconsin
Kyler Fackrell Utah St.
Luke Rhodes William & Mary
Joe Walker Oregon
Jared Norris Utah
Jake Ganus UGA
Nick Kwiatkowski WVU
Blake Martinez Stanford
Kevin Anderson Stanford
Trent Voss Toledo
Mason Moneheim Illinois
Joe Schmidt Notre Dame
Cole Fisher Iowa

Safety
Michael Caputo Wisconsin
Tanner McEvoy Wisconsin
Jordan Simone Az State**
Matt Dobson Ga Southern
Clayton Fejedelem Illinois
Jordan Italiano Kent State

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The third group of senior bowl attendees has been released. Here are the white players invited:

UGA OT John Theus
Utah LB Jared Norris
Florida TE Jake McGee
Stanford OT Kyle Murphy

Kyler Fackrell who was getting Urlacher comparisons 2 years ago before injuring his ACL has been invited to both the Senior Bowl and East/West Shrine game.

http://www.cachevalleydaily.com/sports/article_db69e41c-984e-11e5-9dbf-37f2654a413a.html

Mike Caputo invited to the East-West Shrine Game.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
The third group of senior bowl attendees has been released. Here are the white players invited:

UGA OT John Theus
Utah LB Jared Norris
Florida TE Jake McGee
Stanford OT Kyle Murphy

Kyler Fackrell who was getting Urlacher comparisons 2 years ago before injuring his ACL has been invited to both the Senior Bowl and East/West Shrine game.

http://www.cachevalleydaily.com/sports/article_db69e41c-984e-11e5-9dbf-37f2654a413a.html

Mike Caputo invited to the East-West Shrine Game.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Thanks Leonardfan for putting in the work. This effort does not go unnoticed.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Christian McCaffrey has broken the all time all purpose yards record for college football, breaking Barry Sanders's record.

He's a sophomore but perhaps he'll declare early. If he was black he'd be a sure first round pick. Since he's white - who knows?

Heisman Trophy Candidate Christian McCaffrey

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I watched most of the SEC championship game and I really liked what I saw out of Coker in terms of NFL ability. He his a big QB at 6'5 230lbs, has very good mobility, athleticism, a rocket arm and threw a great deep ball. Given Phil Savage's SEC favoritism I expect Coker to get a Senior Bowl invite the same way he gave one to the undersized with no chance in hell at an NFL career Blake Sims last year.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Anonymous scout would hate to be a team in need of a QB in the 2016 draft. This anonymous scout has been saying the same thing the past 4 or 5 years it seems. In my opinion this QB class has the chance to be one of the deepest in recent memory - perhaps it will be like the 2004 draft which produced Eli, Rivers and Big Ben. I would say at this point Goff, Cook, Lynch and Wentz are the big names but depending on what happens with other underclassmen declarations this draft could very well solve the NFLs supposed QB crisis.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...te-to-be-team-in-need-of-qb-in-2016-nfl-draft

I will venture to say that the NFLs QB crisis is more due to poor coaching and offensive schemes but rarely is this ever discussed. From the list I compiled earlier - 15 potential draft prospects and I honestly think these guys can all stick in the NFL.

Jared Goff Cal*

Connor Cook Mich State
Paxton Lynch Memphis*
Carson Wentz NDSU
Christian Hackenberg PSU*
Cody Kessler USC
Kevin Hogan Stanford
Matt Johnson BGSU
Brandon Doughty WKU
Brandon Allen Arkansas
Jeff Driskel La Tech
Nate Sudfeld Indiana
Mike Bercovici Az St
Jake Rudock Michigan
Jacob Coker Alabama

But yea I would hate to be a team needing a QB in the 2016 draft :dizzy:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
More Senior Bowl invites
Cody Whitehair Kansas St
TE Nick Vannett Ohio St
OL Nick Martin Notre Dame
LB Nick Kwiatoski WVU
LB Kyler Fackrell Utah St.
OT Taylor Decker Ohio St

Undeserving WRs Braxton Miller and Leonte Caroo also with invites - Nelson Spruce still waiting on his.

Also Jake Butt returning for his senior season.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Looking like one of the best years I can remember for our guys picking up post season All Star invites.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer

Glad to see Nassib stuck with it - he finally grew into his frame - he should be a 2nd round pick at the latest.

And here is another hit piece on a white prospect from an anonymous scout:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...r-cook-a-thirdrounder-average-starter-at-best

Connor Cook is a very good QB in the Matt Ryan mold. I wish some of these scouts would drop the anonymous schtick and go on the record so everyone can see their track record on whatever prospects they liked and where they got drafted and how the turned out. 10+ years of following the draft and the whole anonymous scout(s) schtick is really beginning to get under my skin. Scouts are essentially weathermen - don't blame them if they were wrong - always making sure they have a cop out if things don't go their way.