2016 NFL Draft

RTTAS

Guru
So our guys so far have gone to the Rams, Eagles, Chargers, Titans, Lions, Colts, and Broncos. These guys will I believe take the jobs (admittedly I'm not an expert on many teams) of Keenum, Bradford, Attochu/Ingram, Byron Bell, Michael Ola, Khaled Holmes, and Sanchez/Kaepernick - two white QBs, a black LB, three black sumos, and a Hispanic/mixed - overall pretty successful with a +5 swing there.

In terms of our guys dropping off, the only one I can see is Hartline being replaced by Coleman as the browns' WR1 (and from how their head coach is going so far Hartline will probably be released before the season starts), although hopefully he can keep a starting outside spot.

So overall a relatively successful first round with an approximate +4.5 player swing (counting Hartline going down as a half loss, seeing as he's still a good shot at a starting spot). A fairly large amount of blacks taken could only replace other blacks at positions like DT, WR, and DB, "thankfully".

Last edited:

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
There were 7 whites drafted in the 1st round, which consisted of 3 white QBs (Goff, Wentz, Lynch), 1 white DE (Bosa), and 4 white OL (Conklin, Decker, and Kelly). 7 out of 32 sounds terrible, but it's actually fantastic considering recent drafts. The pick I liked most was Ohio State OT, Taylor Decker, to the Lions. At OSU, he had a real "mean streak," constantly fighting/scrapping with black defenders after the whistle. Hopefully the guy becomes an extroverted, bad ass, "enforcer" type ala Logan Mankins...

No black QB's taken in the 1st and the only QuotaBlacks with a chance at getting selected in the rounds 2-4 are Dak Prescott and Cardale Jones.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Minnesota, the whitest team in the league, disappoints and picks the overhyped Laquonious Treadwell.
Damn. I've really got to think about changing my name to something awesome like "Laquionious"!:D

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Taking Kelly is an excellent pick for the Colts. He'll help solidify the line in front of Luck.

Kelly to the Colts is my favorite pick thus far. He has excellent size and pedigree, leader of Bama OL last few years. Center has been a turnstile since Luck has been in Indy. He's gone through 6 or 7, so he deserves some continuity and talent for once!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Skimming some of the headlines this morning:

"Myles Jack has insurance policy"

"Myles Jack bigger risk than Jaylon Smith?"

"Shaq Lawson denies needing surgery"

"Raiders S Karl Joseph (knee) said he plans to be ready for training camp"

Of Seattle's pick: "Ifedi's 2015 tape was rough, however, struggling with both power and edge speed. He's something of a boom-bust prospect."

"Redskins WR Josh Doctson said his wrist is 100 percent"

"Cardinals selected Ole Miss DT Robert Nkemdiche with the No. 29 overall pick in the 2016 draft. Nkemdiche (6'4/294) went to Ole Miss as the nation's No. 1 overall high school recruit, but managed only 6.5 career sacks in 34 starts. He was arrested for marijuana possession after drunkenly falling out of a hotel window last December. Nkemdiche was also accused of assault by a fellow student in 2014. An explosive athlete with plus arm length (33 7/8") and strength (28 bench-press reps), Nkemdiche looks like a potentially dominant interior pass rusher on the hoof. His shortage of college production, suspect off-field decision making, and whispers of poor work ethic render Nkemdiche a classic boom-bust prospect."

Of the Crawfords' pick: "Burns has a tendency to get lazy and play undisciplined. Burns has No. 1-corner upside, but could also flame out quickly. Raw after spending so much time in track and field at The U, Burns is a boom-bust prospect"

Apparently the black "talent" pool has declined so precipitously that "boom-bust prospect" is being phased in to replace "limitless upside," while a slew of injured players are being taken as the "cream of the crop" to supplement last year's epidemic of injured wide receivers taken in the first two rounds.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
And here are todays "best available players", courtesy of Gayhoo.

K-State OG Cody Whitehair is cited. Of course Myles Jack is at the top of the list. They call him a "rare" two-position standout. Well hell, if any of those crackers who routinely dominate in HS at RB and LB would be allowed to play D1, perhaps it wouldn't be so "rare".

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Don, I caught a little of the draft last night and noticed numerous black picks being described as "frequently taking plays off" and being "unmotivated."

The worst case was Florida CB, Vernon Hargreaves, who was selected by the Bucs . Black draft commentator, Louis Riddick (who, along with Bucky Brooks, is a very professional and fair black writer/commentator) eviscerated Hargeaves, calling him undersized, slow, weak, short, lazy, a soft tackler, playing with bad technique, and that "his career really tailed off his last 2 years." As he spoke, a pathetic video played of Hargreaves taking plays off, not pursuing the ball whatsoever when an opposing running back busted loose, and getting burned badly by various receivers. Nevertheless, he was embraced by the Blonde Wigger after being anointed the #11 overall pick...

Vernon%20Hargreaves%20III%20drafted%20by%20Tampa%20Bay%20Buccaneers_1461904334797_37214883_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

As always, the ridiculous arrest record of many other black 1st round picks was discussed by the commentators, usually glossed over and referred to as "off-field baggage" that'll somehow, someway, be magically fixed once he enters an NFL locker room loaded with black thugs who are now famous millionaires with loads of time to kill (particularly during the off-season).

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
All your guys comments are on point. I'm done with the draft talk from the media. I'll tune back in at 7.

wile

Master
To be honest I got more faith in blacks in the commenting industry than I do the whites. The Gimp whites have to virtue signal continually or risk being fired where as a black person who has two brain cells not fried by bigotry will often make honest critiques. Years ago a friend of mine said that blacks would be Twinkied out of their position as the world's greatest athletes, maybe that time has come. I know American black culture helped along by the friendly people who run TV is no help to blacks, so every year a dumber, slower, fatter cohort with appalling short time preferences is produced. So my dream for the future, a big time SEC school schedules a Missouri Valley team for easy game and gets their butt handed to them by some young white men.

wile

Master
And thanks for all your work gents, what punishment to read those idiots, the horror.

Upside

Mentor
Was it just me? Every time a black player was picked, Kiper immediately proclaimed he was an 'unfinished product'... Why are they drafting 'unfinished products' in the first round?? Seriously, wideouts that can't catch; limemen that can't rush the passer; safeties that can't cover...

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Chargers take Hunter Henry after taking Bosa in round one. These picks are going to pay off for them.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Jaguars take Myles "Isn't Going to Do" Jack. He didn't produce in college, why would he in the pros?

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Both the injured Negro LBs taken back to back. what a joke. Every ex player Goodell walks out with is a Negro.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Jaguars take Myles "Isn't Going to Do" Jack. He didn't produce in college, why would he in the pros?
Mayock claims he's a draftable RB as well as LB. 400 yards and 11tds in rushing career. Its easy being a Negro in the USA.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Let's see what Dolphins do.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Both the injured Negro LBs taken back to back. what a joke. Every ex player Goodell walks out with is a Negro.

The Cowboys are supposedly in a win now mode. Jaylon Smith may not even play this year.

They could have done better. They could have drafted Connor Cook to develop. He could be a much needed backup this year.

Last edited:

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Lol Dolphins suck.

woody39

Mentor
Hunter Henry was a great pick by the Chargers. Him and Gates together then him as the primary tight end going forward with Woody Bosa and Rivers going to be an awesome team to watch.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Hunter Henry and Myles Jack have their names backwards. Their last names should be their first names.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
8 whites, 1 poly so far. The rest of the picks have all been of the high upside variety through42.

Tannehill17

Mentor
A guy named Jihad gets drafted. WTF!??