2014 World Cup Finals - Part Two

Arend

Guru
Just a couple comments for everyone who is debating
Oy vey that is even open for debate? Either way, they are both useless plugs

Shrkodan Mustafi
Yeah well kinda. But he is Albanian or Albino or whatevz and a Mudslime so [FONT=&amp]I don’t care.[/FONT]

Mesut Ozil
Haha oh wow.

White Germans have always had positive relationships with Muslims.
Siege_of_Vienna_1529_by_Pieter_Snayers.jpeg

Please, tell me more!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Mighty_Fortress_Is_Our_God

This goes back several hundred years
[citation needed]

The Turkish Ottoman empire was Germany's closest friend for a long time.
Being Allied during the First World War ≠ Being close "friends"

Germans have also allied themselves with Arabs and Persians in the past.
Persians? No. Some Arabs were might used as cannon fodder during WWII.

Hitler was renowned for his support of Arabs
Who cares about Hitler?

and his entire concept of "Aryan" is based on Persians.
Lel No.

So, it's important to note that Germany has had strong relationships with Muslims over its history
Simply not true.

Many European Muslims have migrated to Germany. Germany and Canada are probably the two places with the highest amount of white Muslims. Some parts of USA (notably St Louis) also have a lot. But of course USA is much bigger so the community of white Muslims are less noticeable. Many of these white Muslims are from former Yugoslavia, Soviet Union, or converts.

Many white Muslims in Germany are successful athletes and are liked by the German public. For example Felix Sturm, a Muslim boxibg champion who other than the Klitschko brothers is probably the most famous boxer in Germany. Marco Huck and Luan Krasniqi are also good examples of this
Maybe 0,01% of the population cares about boxing in Germany, and and I can guarantee that the vast majority of people neither know them nor care about about them. But hey, there are these few guys that are boxing for a living, so I guess that its totally cool and ok to have those "White" Muslims in the country!!!!!111

Many of the white Muslims adjust well to German society and enjoy contributing to the country.
First and foremost they are contributing to the criminal statistics

Overall, the immigration works well.
Overall, it does absolutely not, Overall YOU are not in any position to judge or decide if works well or not.

As a white Muslim myself I know that Germany is the best that Europe has to offer! If I wasn't living in Canada, Germany would be my next choice. German people are amazing :)
Glad that you live in Canada. Please stay there

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
It was surely one of the worst performances by a German squad at a major tournament…probably dating back to their dreadful outings at “Euro Cup 2004” in Portugal, where they finished with 2 draws and a loss. It seems that all of the “soccer juggernauts” (Brazil, Spain, Germany, Netherlands, Argentina, Italy, England, etc) have been lackluster. At least Germany and the Netherlands are still alive, despite their recent struggles against inferior opposition. Hopefully it was a proper “wake up call” for the Deutsch and the Dutch.

There were some bright spots in Germany’s game, such as Neuer’s brilliant play to aid his woeful back line. The lightning-fast Schürrle made some passing errors, but created their best offensive chances and was repeatedly unlucky in the box. Müller lacked accuracy on headers and other short shots, but at least he kept grinding for 120 minutes. Mario Götze looked lost and displayed some extremely careless passing. Lahm had his best game at these WC Finals (in which he’s been mostly invisible), defending very well and blasting a hard shot that was narrowly saved by the Algerian keeper. The monstrously-ugly Sami Khedira had one nice cross, but was reckless with the ball after coming on late. Without Mats Hummels, the squad’s quickest and most athletic defender, Howedes, Boateng, and Mertesacker were exposed. I realize that Mertesacker isn’t the fastest guy, but does every single announcer need to constantly deride his speed and athleticism? The commentators must’ve literally mentioned it 25-30 different times during the broadcast. It reminded me of the NFL, where any white player that isn’t a speed-burner is either described as being “slow” or “not the fastest”...and even when they easily blow past black defenders, as having “deceptive” or “sneaky” speed. At least Mertesacker has great heading/leaping ability on set pieces and great size and length, unlike Boateng, who is also extremely slow and lacks athleticism and leaping ability.

Why the living legend, Miroslav Klose, wasn’t brought on for a team starving for goals boggles the mind, especially given that Ozil had one of the worst performances you’ll ever see. Klose, who is also a talented defender who always works hard, was seen “warming up” several times near the 90[SUP]th[/SUP] minute and beyond, but he never saw the pitch. Let’s hope this classy player sees some time in the future and achieves his record-setting 16[SUP]th[/SUP] WC Finals goal when it matters most.

In the end, Germany fought and scraped their way past a decent Algerian team with two fast forwards, a serviceable keeper, and a stifling defense. Honestly, the 4-0 result against Portugal may not have been so impressive without the PK and the red card. Their defense was terrible against Ghana, but at least they found the net and rebounded after being down 2-1. Against Team Jew-SA, they were above average and without the rainy conditions, they likely would have scored more than Müller’s lone goal.

As much as I fundamentally-despise the “French” national team, they haven’t lost a match in these WC Finals…albeit against some average/terrible opponents such as Ecuador, Switzerland, Honduras, and Nigeria. Whether their success is a result of “luck,” the strength of their opponents, or actual quality, they’ll certainly be no push-over for Die Mannschaft, especially given their immense struggles yesterday.

The “lasting images” from the Germany-Algeria contest are positive, as they depict the blond bomber, Schürrle, getting the better of the Negro keeper…

5561858-3x2-940x627.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Of course, no German fans (at home, abroad, or in the stadium) were actually “excited” when the goal came only moments into the extra period, nor were the players overly enthused. It was a moment of sheer relief, as they were expected to drub this team of mystery meats and sand Negroes and had finally “got the job done” by the narrowest of margins. Honestly, fans of Die Mannschaft remind me of NFL’s New England Patriot fans…they support a talented, white-friendly, classy team that is a perennial contender. When they win, it’s expected and there isn’t much to celebrate (aside from a WC or EC title). When they lose or win in a poor fashion, there is an infinite quotient of doom and gloom.

Attachments

• i.jpg
    i.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 34
  • i2.jpg
    i2.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 34
  • i3.jpg
    i3.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Matra2

Master
It was not a good performance by the Germans. It's a toss up between them and France.

140630162832-32-wc-best-0630-horizontal-gallery.jpg

frederic38

Hall of Famer
It was not a good performance by the Germans. It's a toss up between them and France.

140630162832-32-wc-best-0630-horizontal-gallery.jpg

and i think he didn't get a yellow card for that
holding another player's jersey should be automatic yellow card
they are really being tolerant so far in this world cup

edit: actually i think it was a yellow card, but i remember multiple times in that game when the referee didn't give a yellow card for holding another player's jersey

Last edited:

frederic38

Hall of Famer
i hope that argentina won't struggle against switzerland
they are really bad
lavezzi will replace aguero because aguero is injured
i think it's better
lavezzi is a winger
argentina can't play with 3 goal scorers , it doesn't really work

frederic38

Hall of Famer
jackson martinez's miss against japan:

i09a4JKt1PRqV.gif

it was an open goal

now much worse, waris' miss against portugal:

iESZt6UN6KYr3.gif

this goal would have sent ghana in the knockout phase instead of the US

Matra2

Master
Where was this Swiss team against France and Ecuador? They are suddenly playing well.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
@Jack Lambert

What do you consider Adnan Januzaj of Belgium. Just asking you since you seem to be the only unbiased poster on here in regards to the whiteness of ethnic albanians.

I believe that he certainly passes the eye test and seems like a decent enough kid therefore I'd consider him white in my eye.

I'd definitely say he's white as well. Like has been said by me and a couple others here, Muslim is a religion, not a race. He certainly appears just as white as you or me.

showbiz-adnan-januzaj.jpg

foobar75 said:
On that note, does anyone know the make-up of the Belgium team? Is it 7 whites and 4 blacks? I admit, that is the only contender team I have not followed.

If Belgium and USA are going to have roughly the same number of white starters tomorrow, then for the first time in this WC, I will be rooting for Team USA.

Fredric's right... it may be more of Vincent Kompany is out today; then it'd be 3 minorities and 8 whites.

The USA won't come close to this I don't believe. If Altidore's back, it could very well be 5 whites and 6 blacks.. or it could be 7 whites and 4 blacks; you never know with Klinsmann.

Thrashen's post had a good point as well: It did sound like an NFL game the way the announcers derided Mertesacker every chance they got as being "too slow" when his counterpart Boateng was struggling worse at times than him. Yet, not so much a whisper of Boateng being too slow; instead, when he messed up, it was "Oh the whole back line is slow" or some general comment like that.

Last edited:

Matra2

Master
Messi refuses a peace offering from the "Swiss" guy (Behrami?) who stood on his boot. Messi wouldn't let him put his arm round him.:lol:

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Messi refuses a peace offering from the "Swiss" guy (Behrami?) who stood on his boot. Messi wouldn't let him put his arm round him.:lol:

Switzerland started a paltry three actual Swiss players today: Their keeper Diego Benaglio, and two defenders in Stephan Lichtsteiner, and Fabain Schaer.

Go Argentina!!!

Matra2

Master
Diego Benaglio, presumably from the Italian-speaking region Ticino, has made a few good saves.

foobar75

Master
Holy Cow!! This WC is not for the faint of heart!! But our teams keep going thru!! Whew...

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Holy Cow!! This WC is not for the faint of heart!! But our teams keep going thru!! Whew...

That's for sure foobar!! The Swiss really put up a fight there in the last five minutes after Argentina scored.. I can't still can't believe the ball hit the post. Some amazing finishes this year!

another great match by messi
it made you wish messi would have the ball more than dimaria

Lol,the poor guy's being triple-marked!

He made mincemeat of the clueless black Fernandes though!
Also,Djorou's defending was comically entertaining.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
6 whites, 4 blacks, and 1 Hispanic today for the USA... Altidore NOT starting, and Cameron as a defensive midfielder for Beckerman.

Belgium with 7 whites and 4 minorites in the starting lineup, including Origi over Mirallas... :icon_rolleyes: