2014 World Cup Finals - Part Two

foobar75

Master
This match was pure suspense until the final whistle, but it didn't have to be. Algeria is not a very good team and they barely tied Russia (another terrible team) to get here. But they generated some very legit chances at the goal and Germany cannot afford to do that against better competition which is coming up.

There have been very few easy matches in this WC. Lots of last minute heroics in both group play and now knock-out stage.

Congrats to Die Mannschaft, this is their 16th quarter finals, an unbelievable record of consistency.

Frederic, I'm guessing we're going to hear a lot in the coming days about that semi final match in 1982 and the Schumacher-Battiston incident. What's the view in France? I think I was 5 years old at the time but still remember that match, it was a classic which Germany won in penalties.

frederic38

Hall of Famer
Frederic, I'm guessing we're going to hear a lot in the coming days about that semi final match in 1982 and the Schumacher-Battiston incident. What's the view in France? I think I was 5 years old at the time but still remember that match, it was a classic which Germany won in penalties.

yes, people are talking about it, talking about revenge
but i wasn't born back then

Riggins44

Master
All the proper Germans seem to be Nordic, although Lahm is probably Alpine as he's quite short (Like myself!)

Even the Muslim is White! Lol!

Will somebody get Boateng injured or sent-off! I'm already sick of looking at his baboonish countenance...

And as for Ozil, get that bug-eyed git off!

Stupid question, but Mustafi is Muslim, correct?

frederic38

Hall of Famer
Stupid question, but Mustafi is Muslim, correct?

yes
mustafa, mustafi etc, are muslim names
there was an algerian player on the field with the same name, mehdi mostefa (looks whitish because his mother is french, born in france like 80% of the algerian team)

My thoughts on the Germany-Algeria match:

First of all, very exciting, fast paced match with both teams focusing on attacking. Lots of scoring chances for both teams in the 90 minutes. 3 total goals in extra time and they were all awesome.

Germany had great play from Schurrle, Schweinsteiger, Lahm, and Mustafi. Muller had some nice attempts on goal. Ozil also deserves credit for scoring the winning goal. Schurrle is a great young German player. The center backs for Germany, Mertesacker and Boateng both looked bad at times and appeared unable to deal with the pace of the Algerian attack. I'd say center back is a definite weak position for Germany as both Mertesacker and Boateng were giving Slimani and Feghouli way too much room.

Algeria had terrific player from Feghouli and Djabou (the Arab who scored in extra time). Ghoulam was great as a left back and Slimani was at times terrorizing the German defense. The Arab striker Islam Slimani has looked amazing at this World Cup and I'd suspect he is signed by a major German, English or French club soon. Slimani has been one of the best strikers at the whole tournament. Slimani already plays in Portugal but I'll bet he's picked up by a big club.

Overall it was a great match. Algeria has done themselves proud for playing so well against one of the world's best sides. Nobody even expected Algeria to make it this far but the Arabs have played excellent and with attacking vigor.

Germany and Argentina are my two favourite teams left in the WC and Ill be supporting them both here on :)

Ill be hoping to God that Germany defeats France next round.

Germany is the better team and should beat the French.

Karim Benzema is great but the rest of the French team is crap. Germany should send them back on the next flight to Paris.

I can't stand the French.

PamelaOC

Banned
Why is overtime not sudden death?

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Karim Benzema is great but the rest of the French team is crap.

That's a good one! :lol:

PamelaOC said:
Why is overtime not sudden death?

There was a "Golden Goal" rule at one point, but I just read that it was done away with because fans felt the other team should get a chance to equalize.

Awesome news from the USA camp today as well.... Altidore is "ready" and available for selection tomorrow; he'll surely be the difference!!
:icon_rolleyes:

white is right

Hall of Famer
This match was pure suspense until the final whistle, but it didn't have to be. Algeria is not a very good team and they barely tied Russia (another terrible team) to get here. But they generated some very legit chances at the goal and Germany cannot afford to do that against better competition which is coming up.

There have been very few easy matches in this WC. Lots of last minute heroics in both group play and now knock-out stage.

Congrats to Die Mannschaft, this is their 16th quarter finals, an unbelievable record of consistency.

Schumacher had a reputation similar to other borderline dirty players like Jack Tatum, Bill Laimbeer or Scott Stevens(he would do anything to win even cross the line of sportsmanship). The play against Battison was similar to free safety nailing a defenseless receiver or quarterback. Battison was out similar to a boxer or the scary incident with Don Beebe. Here is the play.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UnMBH3EGWM

Harper1017

@Jack Lambert

What do you consider Adnan Januzaj of Belgium. Just asking you since you seem to be the only unbiased poster on here in regards to the whiteness of ethnic albanians.

I believe that he certainly passes the eye test and seems like a decent enough kid therefore I'd consider him white in my eye.

foobar75

Master
On that note, does anyone know the make-up of the Belgium team? Is it 7 whites and 4 blacks? I admit, that is the only contender team I have not followed.

If Belgium and USA are going to have roughly the same number of white starters tomorrow, then for the first time in this WC, I will be rooting for Team USA.

Westside

Hall of Famer
On that note, does anyone know the make-up of the Belgium team? Is it 7 whites and 4 blacks? I admit, that is the only contender team I have not followed.

If Belgium and USA are going to have roughly the same number of white starters tomorrow, then for the first time in this WC, I will be rooting for Team USA.
Roger, if both teams are similar in Whites starting and playing, then I as well will be for team USA, mainly for the White players who have given their time and sacrifice for becoming elite soccer players. What is wrong with that?

foobar75

Master
An article that illustrates the true nature of African futbol:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/07/0...-african-soccer-overshadowed-by-protests.html

I rather enjoyed the last paragraph:

One of the Ghanaian players, John Boye, was photographed kissing his bundle of cash. The next day, he accidentally scored a goal against his own team as Ghana’s World Cup ended in acrimony. In a tournament that held so much promise for Africa, the rest of the teams are gone, too.

hehe!

davidholly

Mentor
I'm not gonna vilify the players. African football associations are shady as ****. If boycotting is the only way to ensure you get paid then go for it.

ENDSIEG

Guru
If a Negro had scored a goal like Schurrle, we'd never stop hearing about their 'silky' skills and probably shown a picture of him with his mudshark missus and how a 'Premier' League team were about to snap him up...

Just a couple comments for everyone who is debating whetheis Shrkodan Mustafi or Mesut Ozil of the German team are white or not.

1) White Germans have always had positive relationships with Muslims. This goes back several hundred years. The Turkish Ottoman empire was Germany's closest friend for a long time. Germans have also allied themselves with Arabs and Persians in the past. Hitler was renowned for his support of Arabs and his entire concept of "Aryan" is based on Persians. The word "Iran" literally means land of Aryans, or pure race. So, it's important to note that Germany has had strong relationships with Muslims over its history.

2) Many European Muslims have migrated to Germany. Germany and Canada are probably the two places with the highest amount of white Muslims. Some parts of USA (notably St Louis) also have a lot. But of course USA is much bigger so the community of white Muslims are less noticeable. Many of these white Muslims are from former Yugoslavia, Soviet Union, or converts.

3) Many white Muslims in Germany are successful athletes and are liked by the German public. For example Felix Sturm, a Muslim boxibg champion who other than the Klitschko brothers is probably the most famous boxer in Germany. Marco Huck and Luan Krasniqi are also good examples of this.

4) Many of the white Muslims adjust well to German society and enjoy contributing to the country. Felix Sturm is a great example of a crossover German/Muslim star. Overall, the immigration works well.

As a white Muslim myself I know that Germany is the best that Europe has to offer! If I wasn't living in Canada, Germany would be my next choice. German people are amazing :)

frederic38

Hall of Famer

belgium has been a little whiter than the US so far
especially if altidore actually gets back in the team

If a Negro had scored a goal like Schurrle, we'd never stop hearing about their 'silky' skills and probably shown a picture of him with his mudshark missus and how a 'Premier' League team were about to snap him up...

Absolutely bang on correct with your comments.

I keep hearing nonstop in the media about Costa Rica's black striker Joel Campbell and how Arsenal's manager Arsene Wenger is keen to use him next season. He's only scored 1 goal in 4 matches played. His own teammate Bryan Ruiz, who is a midfielder has scored 2 goals in the same time but the media is not building Ruiz up cause he's not black.

Islam Slimani, the Arab striker for Algeria has been excellent and scored 2 goals in 4 matches. Far better than Campbell.

Andre Schurrle, the young white German has scored as many goals as the Negro Campbell (1) in much less time.

Yet the media ignores the success of Ruiz, Slimani, and Schurrle and instead focuses all their praise on Campbell.

Arsene Wenger, the white French liberal manager is a perfect ecample ofwhy blacks are artifically promoted in sports (especially in France, Uk, and USA).