2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Very depressing watching the Penguins get thoroughly outplayed by the Flyers in the first three games. Their defense has been horrible, and Marc-Andre Fleury has been even worse. Malkin has disappeared, hardly the first time that's happened. Philly has scored 8 goals two games in a row. What a bummer. . .

'sup bro?

i think it's perfectly reasonable for the penguins to make a comeback. fleury is, and has always been streaky. he's capable of being a world beater, so all he really needs to do is stop sucking so much and the pens are back in business.

and the last thing we need is simmonds moving on in the playoffs.

go pens!

Realgeorge

Mentor
The most bizarre series I ever remember in the Stanley Cup. In all three games Pittsburgh starts out sizzling and scores goals. Then they lose their nerve and give up prime chances to the Flyers. Today the game broke out into three or four major riots.

In the West, the LA Kings despite their gangland colors are dominating the Canucks who have the "President's Cup Disease."

No negro goalies this year, and very very few Black players. Caps have one (Ward) who is a joke. Flyers have Simmons who scored today. NJD, NYR, Boston, Florida, and Ottawa have none at all that I can think of (Check my work, fellas).

Who has Negroes out West? Let's see, let's see: VAN, LA, DET, CHI, none that I can think of. STL, NSH, none. SJS and finally PHX.

So this year's Stanley Cup Playoffs sport exactly two Negroes. Darn those racist hockey teams!

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
The Philly-Pens series has been fun to watch, all the goals/fights, but I can see how the Penguin fans are bummed out by the results. I still think the series can be competitive.

My Red Wings are down 2-1 and todays loss at home was a big downer. When did hockey games begin starting at noon? I guess it's a good thing that TV is so interested in the games that they are staggering the times to show more games, but still????

Truthteller

Mentor
Who has Negroes out West? Let's see, let's see: VAN, LA, DET, CHI, none that I can think of. STL, NSH, none. SJS and finally PHX.

So this year's Stanley Cup Playoffs sport exactly two Negroes. Darn those racist hockey teams!

The Blues have a pair mulatto's, at least...Stewart, the former #1 pick they got in the big trade with Colorado last year. They also have a AHL caliber thug (who might not even dress in the playoffs) named Kyle Reaves. He was born in Winnipeg to a very dark-skinned black CFL "Star" in the 80's and some sort of mudshark -- white? Reaves senior even became a Canadain citizen. My guess is most of the "real brothers" that land in CFL as imports play their games in Canada then move back to the USA....But there are probably quite a few Pridless Uncle Toms that stay up in the "great white North" to be closer to the white womenz (sic)....The hockey DWF's are already hyping a teen named Darnell Nurse for next year's draft. His father is a ex-CFL receiver that stayed in Hamilton, I think? Not sure if he's a mulatto, though. His aunt, who played basketball at Syracuse, is Donovan McNabb's wife.

Chicago also has two: The mulatto from Sweden (Oduya) that used to play for the old Thrashers, who once had 6 or 7 mulatto's on their roster at once in hopes of selling more tickets to blacks in Georgia. They also have Ray Emery, the goalie.

Matra2

Master
The first week of the play-offs has been incredible. Where is all the anger coming from? These teams seem to really hate each other - especially Ottawa/NYR and Philadelphia/Pittsburgh but even the STL/SJ and Nashville/Detroit series have been getting pretty violent. Not a good idea for Sidney Crosby to get involved in fighting! I think the Penguins have blown it. I can't see them coming back especially the way they've defended.

Matra2

Master
BTW TV ratings in the USA are double what they were this time last year.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The first week of the play-offs has been incredible. Where is all the anger coming from? These teams seem to really hate each other - especially Ottawa/NYR and Philadelphia/Pittsburgh but even the STL/SJ and Nashville/Detroit series have been getting pretty violent. Not a good idea for Sidney Crosby to get involved in fighting! I think the Penguins have blown it. I can't see them coming back especially the way they've defended.

Two key factors in the series -- by a seeding quirk it features the #4 overall team in the standings vs. the #6 overall team, two of the betting favorites to win the Cup. And the Flyers obviously match up well against the Penguins. They're just as fast, have lots of offensive talent, and most importantly are more disciplined and committed to defense. I've never seen a defense as horrible in the playoffs as that of the Penguins.

I'll add that I've never been a Marc-Andre Fleury fan. He has the reflexes of a cat but he's too inconsistent, his fundamentals have always been weak, and he's stunk up the joint in too many playoff games. When an inferior but determined Canadians team knocked them out in 6 games two years ago when they were defending the Cup, Fleury let in one soft goal after another, including in the first couple of minutes of a few games, which is a great way to demoralize a team. Fleury was supposedly on top of his game a lot more often this season, what a disappointment to see how pathetic he's been in the first three games against Philly.

If the Flyers win the Cup I won't be upset. It's been 37 years and they've had a lot of good teams since then and have always had great fan support.

Matra2

Master
Seeing all those Caps fans waving pictures of Obama the other night has turned me against them. I know, I know they were taunting Bruin goalie Tim Thomas because he doesn't like Obama and that's what sports fans do. But I still don't like it. Thinking about it given how many whites in D.C. work for the federal government and the way they vote they probably are Obama-bots to begin with. C'mon Bruins!

Rebajlo

Mentor
The Blues have a pair mulatto's, at least...Stewart, the former #1 pick they got in the big trade with Colorado last year. They also have a AHL caliber thug (who might not even dress in the playoffs) named Kyle Reaves. He was born in Winnipeg to a very dark-skinned black CFL "Star" in the 80's and some sort of mudshark -- white? Reaves senior even became a Canadain citizen. My guess is most of the "real brothers" that land in CFL as imports play their games in Canada then move back to the USA....But there are probably quite a few Pridless Uncle Toms that stay up in the "great white North" to be closer to the white womenz (sic)....The hockey DWF's are already hyping a teen named Darnell Nurse for next year's draft. His father is a ex-CFL receiver that stayed in Hamilton, I think? Not sure if he's a mulatto, though. His aunt, who played basketball at Syracuse, is Donovan McNabb's wife.

Chicago also has two: The mulatto from Sweden (Oduya) that used to play for the old Thrashers, who once had 6 or 7 mulatto's on their roster at once in hopes of selling more tickets to blacks in Georgia. They also have Ray Emery, the goalie.

Truthteller -

Looks like You're a fellow Nords fan. Good stuff! When the "franchise" moved to Denver I was devastated. I couldn't stomach supporting the Avalanche so I've been without a team for 17 long years. As it is playoffs time, I'll switch my Rogers Rangers avatar to a Nordiques version. :icon_wink:

St. Louis' black oaf Ryan Reaves played eight minutes of the first match against the Sharks and has been scratched ever since. :thumb:

The comically-named Darnell Nurse (defenseman, Soo Greyhounds, OHL) is being well hyped for the 2013 draft, with writers playing up his height and comparing him to Chris Pronger. The Negrophiles are doubtlessly praying that Nurse will have an NHL profile comparable to that of Pronger (that's a laugh...). But forget defensemen - what they'd really like to see are high-scoring black forwards...

When it comes to non-Whites, there are way too many. Of the teams which qualified for the playoffs, only the Rangers, Senators, Panthers, Sharks and Bruins are 100% White (although I wonder about Boston's Nathan Horton, who has that dodgy Johnny Heitinga look about him. Anyway, Horton is out for the season so he shan't feature in the playoffs).

We have blacks / part-blacks (essentially the same thing) littering the following:

(a) Chicago (Ray Emery, Johnny Oduya, Jamal Mayers)

(b) St.Louis (Chris Stewart, Ryan Reaves)

(c) Philadelphia (Wayne Simmonds)

(d) Washington (Joel Ward)

(e) Nashville (Francis Bouillon)

(f) New Jersey (Bryce Salvador)

(g) Phoenix (Paul Bisonnette)

To top things off, there is this lot of non-Negro non-Whites:

(a) Vancouver (Manny Malhotra - half-Paki)

(b) Nashville (Brandon Yip - Chinese; Jordin Tootoo - half-Eskimo, er, sorry, Inuit)

(c) Pittsburgh (Richard Park - Korean; Arron Asham - Metis)

(d) Chicago (Brandon Saad - Arab)

(e) Los Angeles (Dwight King - Metis; Jordan Nolan - part-Ojibwe)

(f) Phoenix (Kyle Chipchura - part-Native American)

(g) St.Louis (TJ Oshie - quarter-Ojibwe)

(h) Detroit (Justin Abdelkader - Arab grandfather) Yes, yes, I know the guy looks about as White as one can get, but that name grates something fierce...

Mind You, I haven't really got much against blokes of Indian (i.e. Native American / Canadian) or part Indian extraction playing hockey - as long as there aren't too many of them - because they're not exactly "imports". But in the context of the big picture even the smallest drop of non-White blood is inevitably singled out for praise...

Last edited:

Rebajlo

Mentor
I am rooting for the St. Louis Blues. The top guns for the Blues are both American players. T.J Oshie, who was dropped from the last Olympic team in favor of Chris Druery, and David Backes. Check out the 1-2 punch here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w2oaUMBCtI

bearclaw500 -

As I mentioned in my above post, TJ Oshie is a quarter-Ojibwe:

http://www.uscho.com/2007/12/07/hostility-and-abuse-or-pride-and-inspiration/

I don't rate that as a really big deal and the best of luck to him but if he happens to feature prominently in the playoffs (which so far he hasn't), I'm sure that the media shall make everyone more than aware of his "Native American" ancestry...

Matra2

Master
Rebaljo - You may be in luck. Construction begins on a new hockey arena in Quebec City this September. They seem quite confident they will have one of the faltering America "franchises" within a couple of years. I don't know if they can use the Nordiques name without permission from the Avalanche.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Great Game 5 in Pittsburgh as Fleury finally played big-time and the Penguins held off a furious Flyers onslaught during the second half of the third period to win and force Game 6 in Philly on Sunday.

Let's go Pens!!!

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Great Game 5 in Pittsburgh as Fleury finally played big-time and the Penguins held off a furious Flyers onslaught during the second half of the third period to win and force Game 6 in Philly on Sunday.

Let's go Pens!!!

I've been loving the way Pittsburgh has played in it's last two games! Let's go Penguins!!

Oh, and take that, Flyers!

Rebajlo

Mentor

Let's go Pens!!!

After blowing leads in the first two games and losing the third 8-4, I thought that the Penguins might be psychologically finished but they've come back nicely... :thumb:

Rebajlo

Mentor
Rebaljo - You may be in luck. Construction begins on a new hockey arena in Quebec City this September. They seem quite confident they will have one of the faltering America "franchises" within a couple of years. I don't know if they can use the Nordiques name without permission from the Avalanche.

Matra2 -

Yes, the 18,000 capacity arena is slated for completion in 2015. The Nords' old Colisee de Quebec (or, to use its current "corporate age" moniker, Colisee Pepsi :mad2:) is also being refurbished in case the city is granted an NHL franchise before the new arena is finished.

The Phoenix Coyotes are rumoured to be on their way out, while the New York Islanders aren't all that viable these days either, but I'm sure the last thing the Habs want is a second team in Quebec and will be fighting any such proposal tooth and nail.

As You mentioned, the "Nordiques" name is another issue, but I'd hope that any franchise based in Quebec City would be permitted to use it for the sake of tradition and continuity in the same spirit as the Winnipeg Jets.

Put it this way - I'll believe it when I see it... :icon_wink:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Washington-Boston is another compelling series. The Capitals, chronic underachievers in the playoffs for most of their history, are leading the defending Cup champs 3 games to 2 after winning today.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
I live in DC and there are a lot of bandwagon fans here. Still okay as they seem to love hockey and it must be expanding the base. I watched the game in a local bar and it was chock full o' Caps fans. A very good sign.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Penguins went down without a fight in Game 6. I don't know if they were worn out or what, but there was little desperation or all-out effort. Fleury took them out of the game early with yet another horrible performance, while Sidney Crosby played the role of the Invisible Man for the entire game.

They need to trade Fleury if they want to return to glory. The defense also needs a lot of shoring up. They won the Cup in '09 when they had solid, fundamentally sound defensive defensemen like Hal Gill and Rob Scuderi. And they should never have let Max Talbot leave (for Philly), he's the ultimate grinder and also a great clutch player in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Rebajlo

Mentor
The Penguins went down without a fight in Game 6. I don't know if they were worn out or what, but there was little desperation or all-out effort. Fleury took them out of the game early with yet another horrible performance, while Sidney Crosby played the role of the Invisible Man for the entire game.

They need to trade Fleury if they want to return to glory. The defense also needs a lot of shoring up. They won the Cup in '09 when they had solid, fundamentally sound defensive defensemen like Hal Gill and Rob Scuderi. And they should never have let Max Talbot leave (for Philly), he's the ultimate grinder and also a great clutch player in the playoffs.

Don -

As You said, Marc-Andre Fleury's performances (apart from game 5) were charactersitically sub-par.

Claude Giroux consistently delivered the goods (translating to an impressive 14 points) throughout the series, scoring goals in four of the six games - the only time he failed to get a point was in game 1.

Giroux's total of six goals equalled the combined haul of Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin, who scored three apiece.

Rebajlo

Mentor
Ah, yes, I forgot to mention the Presidents' Trophy winners Vancouver, dumped out 4-1 by Los Angeles following an overtime loss in game 5. The Canucks quickly conceded a goal within the first five minutes of both the third and then the overtime period, the latter goal stemming from a pretty weak turnover which gave it to the Kings on the proverbial golden platter...

Matra2

Master
Caps oust Bruins in Game 7 sudden death. I thought the goal would be called back for goalie interference in the crease but no commentator mentioned it so I must've misunderstood the rule. Oh, and the winning goal was scored by a black guy against Tim Thomas who was accused of racism for refusing to meet Obama. I know there'll be some gloating from left libs over that.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Caps oust Bruins in Game 7 sudden death. I thought the goal would be called back for goalie interference in the crease but no commentator mentioned it so I must've misunderstood the rule. Oh, and the winning goal was scored by a black guy against Tim Thomas who was accused of racism for refusing to meet Obama. I know there'll be some gloating from left libs over that.

The local sports jocks were talking about that this morning. They are all Obama cheerleaders (and jewish) which is funny since the listening audience is neither.