2012 NFL Week 3

referendum

Mentor
Some of the positives about the Pats loss was that the white dominated offense clearly did well, the loss can't be blamed on them. Also, the Pats schedule gets alot easier over the next two months.
If all that matters in the NFL is the performance of white runningbacks, then week after week we are going to be setting ourselves up for disappointment after disappointment. I prefer to focus on things like the Houston Texans, Minnesota Vikings and other whiter teams doing well, and black teams like the Steelers and Bucaneers doing badly. White defenders are making big plays all over the league, white tight ends are scoring in droves, white QB's are doing great and those white WR's that actually play do well. We've had some tough losses like tonite, but also some nice wins like the Steelers getting beat again today.

Gibbon

Guru
This is just further proof that a team's level of talent and capability RISES exponentially the more Whites you have on the roster.

The Blacks on New England blew the game for them.

Is this what football is turning into?

The White guys will do the heavy lifting and hopefully create enough breathing space so that even the INCREDIBLE incompetence of everyone else (refs, coaches, Black players, etc.) can be contained.

Should we be surprised when it can't always happen, especially if Whitey represents a bit less than a third of the on-field workforce?

This is true in sports and is true everywhere else, too, like in an office.

Let Whitey do the job, or else it will end up SH*TTY.

FACT.

You are right, of course. But the Patriots' defense is a typically black majority defense if even then an especially bad one. The playing field in the league is relatively even in this regard. i.e. the racial make up of defenses. Therefore the Pats' relatively white offense is obligated to play that much better. I think they'll get better. It's very early in the season. But, yeah, sucks they don't have a better defense.

Westside

Hall of Famer
That non call of a Raven sumo holding number #50 of holding toward the end combined with the 2 Patroit corners playing like Elvis "toast" Patterson caused the loss for NE. Damn!

Highlander

Mentor
717 total passing yards between Flacco and Brady against these mostly coal D's, especially the cornerbacks. God-forbid White players be given the opportunity to play this position and allow less yards than this. But I guess we'll never know as they are reserved exclusively for "The World's Greatest Athletes"...consistently giving up 300+ yards per game, game after game, year after year. Priceless.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Some of the positives about the Pats loss was that the white dominated offense clearly did well, the loss can't be blamed on them. Also, the Pats schedule gets alot easier over the next two months.
If all that matters in the NFL is the performance of white runningbacks, then week after week we are going to be setting ourselves up for disappointment after disappointment. I prefer to focus on things like the Houston Texans, Minnesota Vikings and other whiter teams doing well, and black teams like the Steelers and Bucaneers doing badly. White defenders are making big plays all over the league, white tight ends are scoring in droves, white QB's are doing great and those white WR's that actually play do well. We've had some tough losses like tonite, but also some nice wins like the Steelers getting beat again today.

I more or less posted the same thing earlier in the thread. The reality is that 24 of the past 25 seasons the opportunities given to White RBs have ranged from very few to none. We had an exception in 2010 when the Hillis Curse caused an aberration and Woodhead was getting a fair amount of carries. Last year Hillis and Woodhead fell back but Gerhart had 500 yards with the hope of more this season. So far it aint happening, but in other areas it's pretty good compared to most seasons in the last quarter century.

Westside

Hall of Famer
A few more positives ; Brady and Welker were masterful. Woody was getting alot of touches, both running and receiving. He had a great 5 yard power run for a TD. Edelman was also good. But happened to Gronk?? Great play by the NE offensive.

bigunreal

Mentor
Another day of scintillating play from this corrupt, Affirmative Action dominated league. I actually don't mind New England losing. McWigger needs to go. How can you possibly go an entire game and only target a weapon like Gronk a few times? He is criminally underusing one of the unstoppable forces in the league.

As for Woodhead, it's nice he got some touches but... that putrid ypc will stand out and almost certainly guarantee he doesn't earn a larger role. How does he go from averaging over 5 ypc a few years ago, to this? And where are his big plays? In 2010, he had numerous long runs, last year hardly any. And other than the TD run last week that was called back, there haven't been any this season.

Hillis is finished in KC. I saw the play where he left the game. I have no idea what was going on; he dropped a screen pass right in his hands, then appeared to halfway limp off the field, tear his helmet off and sit on the bench. He never came back in the game. He now has a back that had over 200 yards rushing today to compete with, and a black head coach to rely on. I can't see many DWFs demanding he be given more carries.

Gerhart's only chance is for Peterson to get hurt again. But since there is no justice in sports, the reckless overuse of him early this season has not, and undoubtedly will not, result in a reinjury to the game's "best" RB. Gerhart's fumbles will certainly not endear him to the DWFs or to his own black head coach.

Austin Collie finally comes back, but is injured yet again on his only catch. Unbelievable. I'm sorry, but that's just ridiculous. How injury prone can you be? These white guys simply have to be tougher- as much as I despised him, they all need to get a little Brett Favre in them. He never got hurt. They're all taking the same hits, from the same players. Why does someone like Matt Stafford (hurt yet again, on an absurdly lame leg injury) have to leave if someone blows on him hard, yet a Favre can be crushed repeatedly and still come back? A lot of this is mental and white players simply cannot afford to be injured. Period.

It's great the Redskins lost, but RGIII continues to shine. It will only be truly satisfying when he starts to unravel, and there are zero signs of that happening. He is putting up great stats behind a porous line and no credible receivers (not to mention his plodding rookie RB). With each successful game, and each new Subway commercial, more young white girls will buy into the Orwellian mantra that he's "sexy."

While this season has already been better than any we can remember from 15-20 years ago, the disappointment comes from the higher expectations we all reasonably had. I think we just have to accept that this is it; only a handful of white receivers will ever be allowed to play much at one time in this league, and Hillis' 2010 season was a real anomaly. Whites are never going to be allowed to be starting RBs ever again in the NFL.

I confess to being addicted to this criminal league, like it was heroin. I get almost no enjoyment from it, but cannot stop myself from watching it. The only pleasure I have, in fact, is from knowing that various odious clowns like Psycho Harbaugh or Snoop Dog Schwartz are losing. The problem is, every other team, and every other coach, is just as bad. So someone eminently undeserving always wins, even when those we most love to root against lose. Is that really fun for us?

Despite my crack-like addiction to it, I would easily be able to ignore the NFL if it wasn't for fantasy football. That's why I'm especially grumpy today; I had guys like Stafford and Gronk on my teams. It's really frustrating having to rely on these glorified gym teachers to give your players a fair opportunity.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
"it's great the Redskins lost, but RGIII continues to shine. It will only be truly satisfying when he starts to unravel, and there are zero signs of that happening. He is putting up great stats behind a porous line and no credible receivers (not to mention his plodding rookie RB). With each successful game, and each new Subway commercial, more young white girls will buy into the Orwellian mantra that he's "sexy."

He has been impressive but he's the most explosive runner they have on their team and he took some big hits today. Still 13 games left and every teams going to be coming after him.

from espn http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/43550/rg3-cant-do-it-alone-but-may-have-to

"It's football, so I got hit a lot," Griffin said with a shrug when it was over. "One is too many, to be honest. I'm not trying to be funny. When you're a mobile quarterback, teams are going to come after you even more. A lot of teams believe, if you hit the quarterback enough, he's going to stop coming after you. I just want everybody to know that's never going to happen with me."

Tough talk, and you get the sense that Griffin thinks he's got to act tough in the face of two straight losses, the injuries piling up around him and the shots he's taking from opposing defenses. But he denies that he's being anything but honest.

"It's not a show," he said. "In college we had a saying: 'Tough guys have to be tough guys. You can't talk tough and play soft.'"

foobar75

Master
A few observations from the SNF game: Two NE corners in particular, McCourty and Arrington are pure, utter garbage. Only in this corrupt, AA league can two such players so ill-equipped to play the position are allowed to do so, while Whites are completely shut-out from even getting a chance to compete, let alone play.

While I was happy to see Welker, Edelman, and Woodhead get lots of touches/targets, I agree with bigunreal that the criminal underuse of Gronk is unacceptable. 2-21 is not going to cut it, especially when you consider the Ravens LBs aren't the best in coverage. You have to take advantage of that match-up.

Joe Flacco has now become the master of the 2-minute drill. On the flip side, Brady and the Pats can't seem to win these close games anymore, and that can come back to haunt them when playoff positioning is in play later in the season.

Finally, lets go GB and make it an O-fer for black quarterbacks for the week.

dwid

Hall of Famer
As for Woodhead, it's nice he got some touches but... that putrid ypc will stand out and almost certainly guarantee he doesn't earn a larger role. How does he go from averaging over 5 ypc a few years ago, to this? And where are his big plays? In 2010, he had numerous long runs, last year hardly any. And other than the TD run last week that was called back, there haven't been any this season.

Hillis is finished in KC. I saw the play where he left the game. I have no idea what was going on; he dropped a screen pass right in his hands, then appeared to halfway limp off the field, tear his helmet off and sit on the bench. He never came back in the game. He now has a back that had over 200 yards rushing today to compete with, and a black head coach to rely on. I can't see many DWFs demanding he be given more carries.

Austin Collie finally comes back, but is injured yet again on his only catch. Unbelievable. I'm sorry, but that's just ridiculous. How injury prone can you be? These white guys simply have to be tougher- as much as I despised him, they all need to get a little Brett Favre in them. He never got hurt. They're all taking the same hits, from the same players. Why does someone like Matt Stafford (hurt yet again, on an absurdly lame leg injury) have to leave if someone blows on him hard, yet a Favre can be crushed repeatedly and still come back? A lot of this is mental and white players simply cannot afford to be injured. Period.

While this season has already been better than any we can remember from 15-20 years ago, the disappointment comes from the higher expectations we all reasonably had. I think we just have to accept that this is it; only a handful of white receivers will ever be allowed to play much at one time in this league, and Hillis' 2010 season was a real anomaly. Whites are never going to be allowed to be starting RBs ever again in the NFL.
LOL at Favre never being hurt. Favre was also extremely addicted to pain pills. Yes he went to rehab when he was younger but that did not last long. He decided he was no longer an addict because he was getting "legit" prescriptions from a doctor for "legitimate issues" which probably became more true the closer he got to 40. The same kind of doctors that other celebrities have. Opioids are highly abused by football players. They were around in high school and I used to pop lortabs like candy before most practices and before games and sometimes at half time because of soreness in my left knee that kept coming up after a big ol fat black kid fell on it awkwardly during a play. Sometimes they would make me too drowsy, thats okay because a legitimate prescription for adderall for that adhd all boys between ages 2 and 20 supposedly have always countered those drowsy effects, and now "adult adhd" has been discovered (Adderal consist of 4 amphetamine salts, Sash got busted for testing for it, and Joe Haden recently, kind of ridiculous being that they only take 3 days to get out of your system). A legal pharmaceutical speedball. But that was when I was a naive kid, I didn't know better, a lot of other players took the stuff too.

The whole pain pill scandal in New Orleans hardly got any mention. I do not think it is legal under US law to have controlled substances in storage outside of a pharmacy, yet at the Saints facility there they were, (unless they have some loophole) the only problem was one of the coaches took a ton without being prescribed and was caught on hidden camera after pills kept disapearing. So basically they have a team doctor who has a huge stash of pills on site in Metairie (the facility they practice in etc, apparently this is the same for every NFL team), so he can write you the prescription, fill it himself and dispense it to you without leaving the facility, yeah that doesn't sound shady at all. I am sure he isn't doing anything shady handing them out, and keeping real good track of them. I am sure they are all legit prescriptions for legit pain haha, probably writing out higher doses for them vs the average person. Kyle Turley said they just would ask after the game who needed what and would just hand them out. Players taking them is understandable because when you get a helmet to the back closer to the age of 30, whether playing in a game or not paying attention to a play coming out of bounds right at you while on the sidelines, it hurts alot more than I remember from my teen years. Id imagine guys running a 4.6/4.7 hitting you full speed weighing 230 to 280 pounds hurts much worse . They work like magic too! My back is extremely messed up, more than before since a truck hit my mazda which seemed to be made out of plastic head on at 40 mph. Sometimes I feel like a grandpa trying to get out of bed, but by the time those roxicodones kick in I feel like a million bucks. The problem is tolerance kicks in less than a month, then you have to increase the dosage and you get another prescription of a smaller dose to take in between your bigger doses. Throw about 6 to 8 Somas in there and maybe a 3 or 4 bars and I am pretty sure I could play an entire football game at the pro level, (well I would probably have to settle for Arena) without letting pain affect me despite struggling to lift my own son without excruciating pain when they wear off before its time to redose, or if I have to skip a dose because I took extra to work.

I mean there are certain injures that you cant simply tough out no matter how large the dose but it helps with the common injuries you get from a regular game.

Heres the thing, Mormons , at least the ones I have met (my cousin converted for some reason after her divorce so I met the ones she knows , maybe Colonel Reb knows more about if this is widespread) seem pretty strict about not taking any thing that might alter the chemistry in your brain , alchohol is the obvious one but I was told addictive pain killers, benzos, muscle relaxers etc, basically anything that actually works for pain, well benzos mostly potentiate the pain killers rather than decrease pain by themselves, apparently caffiene is on a list of no as well. Austin Collie happens to be Mormon, this could be a reason, but my opinion if he is that prone to injury then he needs to get some adjustments, do some special exercises to realign your body. I've been doing Hanna Somatics and I have been able to drastically reduce the amount of meds I take.

and gee, I wonder what kind of people would be more likely to be abusing these pain medications? Could it be the same type of people who also become easily addicted to crack? Someone like Jamarcus Russel comes to mind, who was addicted to "sizzurp" or whatever you want to call it. His dumbass was too stupid to realize that the active ingredient (usually hydrocodone or codiene) is something he could have easily gotten from a team doctor, except in a pill form. Maybe it made him feel more "gangsta" by keepin it real. but of course there are a few White guys like this story

"The officer noted in a police report that Kaczur appeared "extremely nervous." The officer said he found a "Ziploc baggie" in the center console, containing four pills, later discovered to be the prescription painkiller Percocet. When he continued searching, the officer found another "Ziploc baggie" in Kaczur's sweatshirt pocket containing 202 OxyContin pills, according to the report." Matt Birk admitted to many players getting pills a lot going outside the team doctor and getting hundreds more, but I am willing to bet White players are little more hesistant to pop them like candy unless it is excruciating pain.

all mental haha. More like a little help from chemicals that mimic endorphins. I read the NFL is cracking down on this stuff and making team doctors become more accountable having to be much stricter. If its true then we will see which players are the toughest. I guess pills are more socially acceptable to take even for minor things, even though taking large amounts like 300 mg of oxycodone at a time (reportedly a player off the record admitted this) is pretty much equivalent to doing heroin, which is derived from the same plant, just morphine with acetone thrown on it to cross the blood brain barrier twice as fast.

btw, Hillis is still going to get carries, and probably wind up with what he should have been getting all along. Charles has had a 250 yard game before, they still trotted out an old Thomas Jones avging 3.7 ypc 240 times.

Woodhead basically only gets carries up the gut, usually in the hurry up offense, they used him more creatively in 2010, letting him get more to the outside like on the stretch play where he would just speed through the cutback lane. There was the toss play out of shotgun and some direct snaps where he jumped in front of Brady. Ridley is getting to run a wider variety of plays.

Last edited:

Kaptain

Master
How disappointing. I go to bed and the score is 30-21 and wake up and the Patriots lose 31-30. It's too bad Edelman got injured it sure was a joy watching 10 whites dominate a coal black defense. BTW, when the Pats got the lead did they put Woodhead back on the bench? I know his ypc were low but the offense just seems more effective with him in there. He needs to start breaking off big runs while not having the bad luck to have them called back. At least Welker, Edelman, and Woodhead were finally used like they should be.

Tom Iron

Mentor
If vick has another game like yesterday against the Giants next Sunday, and he very well may, we could see the White backup take over.

Tom Iron...

white is right

Hall of Famer
If vick has another game like yesterday against the Giants next Sunday, and he very well may, we could see the White backup take over.

Tom Iron...
Yes if he keeps on playing like a shot hasbeen(or never was) he will be shown the bench and probably cut at the end of the season. As for RGIII if he keeps on running designed running plays they are going to eventually scrape him off the ground, similar to Wiley Coyote in the Warner Brothers cartoons. He just isn't built to take hits from NFL size linebackers and safeties. For all the genius of BB after the intial core players on defense retired or were traded away they haven't drafted one stud unless you consider this guy a stud.....http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=...LKPL9yAG3n4C4Cw&sqi=2&ved=0CDkQ9QEwBQ&dur=785

bigunreal

Mentor
Having coached youth sports for many years, I can tell you that people-boys and girls, of all ages-react to the same injuries/pain in far different ways. Whether I was coaching little kids or teenagers, in practice and games the same player or players would be the one(s) to get injured every time. A few players were so tough that they took things the most injury prone would have to be helped off the field for, without flinching. Much of it is mental. Whether Favre had chemical assistance or not, he took the same kinds of hits that the Chris Chandlers and Matt Staffords do, and they missed time while he kept on playing.

Lol at the notion of Vick ever being benched. That will never happen, no matter how poorly he plays. If somehow the team summons the courage to make a change, they will engineer a fake injury so that it looks as if that's the reason for the switch, not subpar play.

Tom Iron

Mentor
bigunreal, Well, we'll have to see about vick.

As far as injury goes, it's my view many young people anymore are just softer in all respects, physical, emotional, and an overall lack of intestinal fortitude. Just look at all physical fitness tests for everything. They've all been made easier. Whether it be firemen, policemen, soldier (my last duty station in the Marine Corps was Quantico, Va. - that's the Marine Corps' officer boot camp - the final exam was a 50 mile forced march with full gear, minus ammo of course - what's the chances they do that today - people would die if they tried that nowadays), ironworker (I can attest to this - we had to downgrade ou physical fitness test or we just wouldn't have an apprentice program), etc. It's across the board. I hired a kid a couple of years ago to shovel my walk. I watched him struggle for about 20-30 mins. and went out and paid the agreed amount and did it myself (he was one of these waif thin kids). All anyone has to do is look at our young people and they can see they're not up to what people were in years past.

Another thing I'm really against is this weight training. Weight training taxes muscles to the point of breaking, ripping, tearing, etc. in my opinion. If you look at people from the past, they never had these physiques so many athletes have today, and they weren't hurt like they are now. In baseball, look at all those pitchers who threw all those innings that they did years ago. As far as football goes, look at Don Maynard. A skinny guy who took real good hits and bounced up as if nothing happened. This isn't to say people didn't get hurt, of course they did, but it wasn't as epidemic then as it is now.

I'd certainly like to coach, but no one will let a man of my age near kids today. I don't know what that's about. I've applied to football and baseball kids leagues and when they hear my age, it's all over.

I know all this makes me sound like an old fart, but that's the way things were/are.

Tom Iron...

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
A few receiving bright spots, in an otherwise dismal wkend:

Welker 8 for 142yds
Decker 8 for 136yds
G. Olsen 7 for 98yds
Stokley 6 for 73yds
K. Walter 3 for 73yds
Amendola 5 for 66yds

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Having coached youth sports for many years, I can tell you that people-boys and girls, of all ages-react to the same injuries/pain in far different ways. Whether I was coaching little kids or teenagers, in practice and games the same player or players would be the one(s) to get injured every time. A few players were so tough that they took things the most injury prone would have to be helped off the field for, without flinching. Much of it is mental. Whether Favre had chemical assistance or not, he took the same kinds of hits that the Chris Chandlers and Matt Staffords do, and they missed time while he kept on playing.

Lol at the notion of Vick ever being benched. That will never happen, no matter how poorly he plays. If somehow the team summons the courage to make a change, they will engineer a fake injury so that it looks as if that's the reason for the switch, not subpar play.

I agree and disagree. Certainly people have different thresholds for pain. For example we all know people who miss work at the first sniffle and others who come everyday even with 100 degree tempertures. Part of that is human nature.

However for injuries from football, that is a bit different. A torn piece of cartiledge is not something you "gut" out. Favre was perhaps more lucky then anything else, he did have a great desire to play and play through pain but if he would have had a MCL tear there was nothing he could have done about that.

As far as Collie is concerned he was being kept off of the field for the concussion issue, that was not his choice. There was nothing he could do about it. This is an issue for black players as I have said before (Jahvid Best was my example).

That players are not as tough nowadays is probably true. But with guarenteed contracts why risk it? You will still be paid, in the old days if they didn't play there was a real chance of losing their jobs. Teams are also reluctent to risk players they have millions invested in, we talked about this in another thread in regards to pitchers in baseball.

I do think it it pointless to whine about White players not being tough and playing even though injured. What happens, happens, injuries are part of the game. The frustrating thing to us is that with so few RB's and WR's even with a chance to play the odds of them getting hurt are at a high percentage. What is needed is MORE White players so the odd player can get hurt and there are still guys left to cheer for. That is what we need to whine about.

dwid

Hall of Famer

I coached youth football years ago, I have seen many of those kids come through the high school I am at. Those kids that play through the pain throughout their life, are sometimes the ones that wind up constantly injured later on, like this one kid who had a ton of scar tissue in his knee because he just kept playing on it. Its good to be tough, but its better to be tough and have great awareness of your body and recognize when something is off. What has been proven by Hillis constantly trying to play on his hamstring well before it was healed? this kept him off the field for much longer last year. He might have had a chance to make it somewhat of a good year if he just waited.

It really isn't in the best interest of White players to play through pain in the long run because we have seen the nfl find a way to screw them over anyway and pretty much all White players know how to earn a living outside of football. So based on my experience at some point those players you criticize now might have played through pain in the past and already mentioned, some things you can't play through, although I think mcl tear was a bad example, it can be done depending on how severe or not (technically a sprain can mean a small tear), wear one of those big braces and pain pills, if it is an injury that occurs while you are already pumped up and playing then much easier to finish that game out, people have done it with worse . Maybe a lil stupid? yes.

I think what would really reduce injuries later in life is stop getting kids to play so young. The kids that had obnoxious parents putting them out there at 5 years old when they (most) aren't totally ready thinking somehow their kids will have some kind of edge in the long run (most all want their son that they swear has a rocket arm put at qb even though they barely pass at that level) are usually the same kids that are out of football by the time they are in high school or just enough to make it through high school. I was one of those kids, although I insisted on starting when I was 5 because my brother was playing in another league while being 5 years older than me (although he started at 5 as well), the league I played in was more strict by weight limits than age. I still have a bad knee. My back was already bad before my car accident and suffered other injuries that I played through, gimpy for a month because I toughed it out (chemically assisted) in a losing effort in the first round. I was tough just enough to get my ass handed to me every single play. The backup, even though he was a little scrawny would have been better out there. Yeah, that was a great decision.

Almost everyone in my family started at a young age and all were out by high school after being banged up so many times, not really caring about an athletic scholarsip, just focused on academics or a trade, except the cousin who started playing his last year of junior high. The cheapskate dad who never wanted to pay the small fee, the one that keeps a good deal poor blacks from playing until later.

While I enjoy seeing White players out there toughing it out no matter what, in the end the NFL doesn't give a crap about them now and especially won't when they are out of the league and could end their career regardless of performance or health (look how Drew Bennet and Mike Furrey quietly faded out), so what is the point if they are going to be like a gimp later on in life? because in the NFL the force you are hit with is so much stronger than the lower levels and the injuries that players receive are more likely to affect their quality of life long after football, especially special teams where so many of our players have to serve their racial apprenticeship to maybe get a shot to compete for a starting job 5 years down the line.

[video=youtube;LSS10h0BKig]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LSS10h0BKig[/video]

Watch that video. Was it all really ****ing worth it to sacrifice himself as a special teams demon for 7 years only to have fans appreciate what he contributed for one play in that entire time span? Before that there was the annual cut Steve Gleason for insert no name afflete that supposedly had limitless upside. He shouldn't have had to play special teams his entire career. He was talented enough to start at safety and better than the starters most years, and if it weren't for him getting his story out there and being good friends with several members of the Saints organization nobody would have even remembered his name because before all of the als stuff many people started retelling the blocked punt story with the name of the new White special teams demon/safety whose name is...doesn't really matter because he will never see the field for a meaningful defensive snap after showing he was better than the starters in camp and a great contributer on special teams even recovering the onside kick for the Saints Superbowl win, but still don't know your name because a black player was credited for it (yes out of football now).

Gleason won't even get to see his ****ing son grow up. DWF: "Way to go Steve for toughing it out all those years... sucks your dying and **** but we'll never forget that play man, although we probably will unless we pass the statue they made of it, and even then we won't bother reading what it says but hey you might come up in a conversation where we are wondering who the hell was that White guy who punched that Panthers player in the nuts, but we probably won't bother looking that up either, well what the hell why not its just a click away on my iphone and its always cool to see someone punched in the nuts, hey you want a hot dog, we have beer that you can have but you look pretty wasted already, oh yeah I forgot you had ALS sorry bro, hey remember the time you helped Jonathan Cassilas get the ball on the onside kick? yeah that was cool, what not you? can't really understand what your saying your mumbling all retarded, partying hard today! keep it up I'll catch you later..WHO DAT! (because I literally forgot who that was 5 seconds later)" which is what the typical Saints dwf would say if they ran into Steve, because most sure as hell don't care enough to write a few words of apreciation, except for people who had their own loved ones diagnosed with ALS and of course care more about raising awareness and finding a cure or a way to slow it down for their own loved ones rather than the actual health of Gleason.

So you're right, come on Whites, tough it out like Favre, keep popping more of those pills to maybe play long enough to finish your racial apprenticeship only to find out that minor thing in your knee 5 years ago is actually completely screwed with tons of scar tissue and/or multiple other issues start catching up with you like Kevin Curtis with the hernia, the thing in his calf, wait, yeah his knee wound up being completely screwed too after what was supposed to be a minor scope only for his career to end with him being released after being put on IR for something with his hand, not even the decency to keep him for the year after geting back to football shape by 2011 when he had cancer in 2010, that should be some big story right? well maybe if he were black, becaue they'll bring in one of Schiano's black pets who can't walk a roster spot although no salary, they are sure to give him a job, perhaps at a made up position but hey hopefully those White players managed to run fast enough to receive tons of head trauma serving as White Special Teams Demons for those few years they toughed it out. I mean especially the few White starters at skill positions, you really have to tough it out to make sure bigunreal wins in fantasy football, yeah he still never figured out the reason its all rigged, so he never wins it all in fantasy football.

Honestly, I think many of the injuries conerning the body comes from not going all out when you play. The NFL is too busy trying to change the game to prevent concussions, or rather the chance of getting sued later for concussions when all they have to do is design a new helmet. A cyclyst that hits a car head first is less likely to receive damage than two players hitting helmet to helmet at full speed. They really can't figure it out?

I think I will be done with the NFL for a little while if Hillis truly gets no shot the rest of this season, I know its just one position but thats what I like to see, a White guy running with the ball. Everyone has their favorite positons, usually what they played growing up. Although I blocked quite a bit I also got to run with it in the offense we ran. I guess 2010 spoiled me, actually was pumped to watch an NFL game.

btw Vick will be benched if he continues like this, but the league has to find another black to start somewhere first or at least right around the same time, perhaps Weeden has a bad game and they decide to put Seneca Wallace in.

Last edited:

Truthteller

Mentor
You are right, of course. But the Patriots' defense is a typically black majority defense if even then an especially bad one. The playing field in the league is relatively even in this regard. i.e. the racial make up of defenses. Therefore the Pats' relatively white offense is obligated to play that much better. I think they'll get better. It's very early in the season. But, yeah, sucks they don't have a better defense.

I think it's been the same story for the last several years with the Patriots in key games -- offense does enough to take the lead (and win games) and the defense usually blows it on the last drive. One exception was the 2011 AFC title game, only because some AA hire wide receiver dropped a very easy ball in the endzone and then Baltimore's aloof, white kicker missed an easy FG in the waning seconds.

The real problem is their typically all black defense just "can't make plays" when the game is on the on the line -- particularly on final drives. I'll never forget the 1999 NFC title when the fairly white friendly Rams were taking on Shaun King and the Buccaneers. Because Tampa's defense was so tough (held the Rams to one TD that game), the totally incompetent King had several chances to lead his team to the Super Bowl in the final quarter. Only thing that stood in his way was an amazing effort by Grant Winstrom, who was constantly getting into the backfield and making huge plays -- sacks, hurries, tackles for loss on running plays. I honestly believe without Wistrom, you would've seen a King v. McNair Super Bowl, because the Rams' "other" defenders couldn't even stop a 3rd string caliber QB (King) in the final minutes. Who's the Patriots Grant Wistrom?

Fast forward to the recent Patriots, they've had the same problems. It's basically just been Vrabel or Ninkovich, then all blacks on the field for final plays. As we saw last night, Stephan Gregory helps, but it's not enough...coming into this season I had hope that guys like Jake Bequette, Trevor Scott, Bobby Carpenter, Nate Ebner Dane Fletcher and few others could help "close out games" with their talent, grit and character when the game is on the line. But, once again, I must wonder why Bellichik simply can't wean himself away from having coal-black defenses on the field in "big spots"?

I mean, what the hell is Brandon Spikes -- who ran in the 4.9 to 5.0 range coming out of college -- doing on the field at the end of games? He looked like a 70 year old man (carrying a 50 pound lead weight on his back) while trying to chase down Ray Rice? Could guys like Bobby Carpenter and Jeff Tarpinian done any worse in coverage?

white is right

Hall of Famer
I coached youth football years ago, I have seen many of those kids come through the high school I am at. Those kids that play through the pain throughout their life, are sometimes the ones that wind up constantly injured later on, like this one kid who had a ton of scar tissue in his knee because he just kept playing on it. Its good to be tough, but its better to be tough and have great awareness of your body and recognize when something is off. What has been proven by Hillis constantly trying to play on his hamstring well before it was healed? this kept him off the field for much longer last year. He might have had a chance to make it somewhat of a good year if he just waited.

It really isn't in the best interest of White players to play through pain in the long run because we have seen the nfl find a way to screw them over anyway and pretty much all White players know how to earn a living outside of football. So based on my experience at some point those players you criticize now might have played through pain in the past and already mentioned, some things you can't play through, although I think mcl tear was a bad example, it can be done depending on how severe or not (technically a sprain can mean a small tear), wear one of those big braces and pain pills, if it is an injury that occurs while you are already pumped up and playing then much easier to finish that game out, people have done it with worse . Maybe a lil stupid? yes.

I think what would really reduce injuries later in life is stop getting kids to play so young. The kids that had obnoxious parents putting them out there at 5 years old when they (most) aren't totally ready thinking somehow their kids will have some kind of edge in the long run (most all want their son that they swear has a rocket arm put at qb even though they barely pass at that level) are usually the same kids that are out of football by the time they are in high school or just enough to make it through high school. I was one of those kids, although I insisted on starting when I was 5 because my brother was playing in another league while being 5 years older than me (although he started at 5 as well), the league I played in was more strict by weight limits than age. I still have a bad knee. My back was already bad before my car accident and suffered other injuries that I played through, gimpy for a month because I toughed it out (chemically assisted) in a losing effort in the first round. I was tough just enough to get my ass handed to me every single play. The backup, even though he was a little scrawny would have been better out there. Yeah, that was a great decision.

Almost everyone in my family started at a young age and all were out by high school after being banged up so many times, not really caring about an athletic scholarsip, just focused on academics or a trade, except the cousin who started playing his last year of junior high. The cheapskate dad who never wanted to pay the small fee, the one that keeps a good deal poor blacks from playing until later.

While I enjoy seeing White players out there toughing it out no matter what, in the end the NFL doesn't give a crap about them now and especially won't when they are out of the league and could end their career regardless of performance or health (look how Drew Bennet and Mike Furrey quietly faded out), so what is the point if they are going to be like a gimp later on in life? because in the NFL the force you are hit with is so much stronger than the lower levels and the injuries that players receive are more likely to affect their quality of life long after football, especially special teams where so many of our players have to serve their racial apprenticeship to maybe get a shot to compete for a starting job 5 years down the line.

[video=youtube;LSS10h0BKig]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LSS10h0BKig[/video]

Watch that video. Was it all really ****ing worth it to sacrifice himself as a special teams demon for 7 years only to have fans appreciate what he contributed for one play in that entire time span? Before that there was the annual cut Steve Gleason for insert no name afflete that supposedly had limitless upside. He shouldn't have had to play special teams his entire career. He was talented enough to start at safety and better than the starters most years, and if it weren't for him getting his story out there and being good friends with several members of the Saints organization nobody would have even remembered his name because before all of the als stuff many people started retelling the blocked punt story with the name of the new White special teams demon/safety whose name is...doesn't really matter because he will never see the field for a meaningful defensive snap after showing he was better than the starters in camp and a great contributer on special teams even recovering the onside kick for the Saints Superbowl win, but still don't know your name because a black player was credited for it (yes out of football now).

Gleason won't even get to see his ****ing son grow up. DWF: "Way to go Steve for toughing it out all those years... sucks your dying and **** but we'll never forget that play man, although we probably will unless we pass the statue they made of it, and even then we won't bother reading what it says but hey you might come up in a conversation where we are wondering who the hell was that White guy who punched that Panthers player in the nuts, but we probably won't bother looking that up either, well what the hell why not its just a click away on my iphone and its always cool to see someone punched in the nuts, hey you want a hot dog, we have beer that you can have but you look pretty wasted already, oh yeah I forgot you had ALS sorry bro, hey remember the time you helped Jonathan Cassilas get the ball on the onside kick? yeah that was cool, what not you? can't really understand what your saying your mumbling all retarded, partying hard today! keep it up I'll catch you later..WHO DAT! (because I literally forgot who that was 5 seconds later)" which is what the typical Saints dwf would say if they ran into Steve, because most sure as hell don't care enough to write a few words of apreciation, except for people who had their own loved ones diagnosed with ALS and of course care more about raising awareness and finding a cure or a way to slow it down for their own loved ones rather than the actual health of Gleason.

So you're right, come on Whites, tough it out like Favre, keep popping more of those pills to maybe play long enough to finish your racial apprenticeship only to find out that minor thing in your knee 5 years ago is actually completely screwed with tons of scar tissue and/or multiple other issues start catching up with you like Kevin Curtis with the hernia, the thing in his calf, wait, yeah his knee wound up being completely screwed too after what was supposed to be a minor scope only for his career to end with him being released after being put on IR for something with his hand, not even the decency to keep him for the year after geting back to football shape by 2011 when he had cancer in 2010, that should be some big story right? well maybe if he were black, becaue they'll bring in one of Schiano's black pets who can't walk a roster spot although no salary, they are sure to give him a job, perhaps at a made up position but hey hopefully those White players managed to run fast enough to receive tons of head trauma serving as White Special Teams Demons for those few years they toughed it out. I mean especially the few White starters at skill positions, you really have to tough it out to make sure bigunreal wins in fantasy football, yeah he still never figured out the reason its all rigged, so he never wins it all in fantasy football.

Honestly, I think many of the injuries conerning the body comes from not going all out when you play. The NFL is too busy trying to change the game to prevent concussions, or rather the chance of getting sued later for concussions when all they have to do is design a new helmet. A cyclyst that hits a car head first is less likely to receive damage than two players hitting helmet to helmet at full speed. They really can't figure it out?

I think I will be done with the NFL for a little while if Hillis truly gets no shot the rest of this season, I know its just one position but thats what I like to see, a White guy running with the ball. Everyone has their favorite positons, usually what they played growing up. Although I blocked quite a bit I also got to run with it in the offense we ran. I guess 2010 spoiled me, actually was pumped to watch an NFL game.

btw Vick will be benched if he continues like this, but the league has to find another black to start somewhere first or at least right around the same time, perhaps Weeden has a bad game and they decide to put Seneca Wallace in.
Yes it amazes me the pain a 16 to 18 year old will endure to play high school football and not have a shot to play college or the pros. I remember guys who blew out their knees or had bum shoulders and had no ability to play college ball. I have one knee that locks ups if I sit in a weird way for a few hours. I didn't play the game for longer than a few months and only saw garbage m time(I did get killed in practice). I think I posted an HBO special on players dieing from ALS or died from it. Some pretty decent players that people would remember were featured. The league doesn't publicize this because it could kill the sport in more borderline fans minds and make more hardcore fans into borderline fans. Also similar to veterans that are in veterans wings in hospitals former players are largely forgotten by the masses until a feature story on a players ill health is brought up.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Not to minimize the plight of former players but I got stuff wrong with me caused by a long time spent in my chosen profession. I guarentee no one is going to bail me out. I made a decision and stuck with it and while I did not realize at the time it would cause long term problems it probably would not have made a difference. You live with every decision you make in your life.

You know right away when you play football that it is going to hurt, in fact that is the lure, the chance to push yourself farther physically then you have ever been pushed before, maybe then you ever will be pushed in your whole life. That's why it is the most popular high school game by far. Then in your old age to complain about what happened when you voluntarily pushed yourself through the pain and soreness? Hey there are a lot of video games to play on the couch as a kid, a lot of soft cushy jobs out there, Those are options too.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I had to leave last night and I missed the ending. Needless to say I was shocked by the result. Two main reasons for the loss outside of some timely calls by the referees for the Ravens. One is the defense which must make guys like Teddy Bruschi laugh in how they play the game. Two is the inability of Brady to feed Gronkowski. There is no way in hell that he can be covered all night long. This guy just broke the nfl record last season for total touchdowns and totals yards ever for a tightend. Feed him the damn ball and repeat the whole game. It's not rocket science. Next go get some guys that actually know how to tackle and cover receivers. At 1-2, the Patriots have to get a sense of urgency going forward.

icsept

Master
All four NFL Network announcers picked Carolina to beat the Giants. They relied on their inculcated belief in the over-hyped sCam Newton. Luke Kuechly looked awesome. He is the real deal.

"RGIII" has regressed in each game since beating the worst defense in the league Saints. It is hilarious how the media tried to create the "Griffining" sensation after the first game as an answer to "Tebowing". I still don't know what "Griffining" is, but it was a hilariously transparent media hype job that went nowhere.

Off topic: I no longer get the mobile version of this site on my iPhone 4. Any geeks have a solution?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Cincy rushing stats yesterday: Green-Ellis 17 carries for 38 yards, Bernard Scott (playing in his first game after being injured in training camp) 3 carries for minus 5 yards, and Brian Leonard 2 carries for 18 yards. I bet there's still not a single Bengals DWF or Cincinnati sports writer making the case for Leonard to be more involved in the running game.

I thought Coby Fleener was injured yesterday as he didn't have a single reception even though Andrew Luck threw for 313 yards, but he was healthy the entire game. Allen, the black TE the team drafted right after Fleener, had 5/35. A bit of an ominous development to monitor.

Good old Petey Boy Carroll had this to say about Clay Matthews: "He has found ways to make plays that are just outside of the norm because he has such relentless effort. He is just such a fantastic effort guy that it may be the last moment of a play and he finds a way to twist or spin or get underneath a guy and finish, to make his plays that not everybody can get to because not everyone plays that hard."

It has nothing to do with athleticism or talent don't you know, effort alone accounts for Clay's success.