2012 NFL Week 3

TBProdigy

Guru
After Woodhead scores Al Micheals says: "Nothing spectacular, nothing electric about that drive" and goes on to describe it as an efficient drive. Caste speak all over the place.

From a non bias point of view it was not a explosive drive, it was just Woodhead doing what he does best, carrying the ball efficiently and consistently. I realise if it was a black RB it would be an elusive explosive sensational drive but well take results brah. results.

Im delighted to see Woodhead getting more touches, i cant wait for him to show his elusiveness and hit a big run

seattlefan

Guru
What a game! After watching the awful blackfest earlier in the day, this game is far more exciting. Despite the DWFs, many fans want to see a great white team like NWE's lineup tonight.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Way to go Woodhead. I have a dream that maybe the Pats will finally wake up and play Danny Woodhead more. He is probably their fastest player other than Edelman. He is so agile, fast and elusive. If they would just give him the chance to run the ball around 20 times or more a game, he is bound to break some big runs and as a receiver he is as good as it gets. Play the man and watch the Pats go to an even higher level. This team is so much fun to watch. If only we had some more teams that were fair like the Texans, Broncos and Patriots. The ratings would be even higher in my opinion.

seattlefan

Guru
Caste Clown Al Michaels: "Nothing spectacular, nothing electric on that (touchdown) drive" by the Patriots.

That summarizes very well the difference between White and black football players (and White and black athletes). The best White players are consistently excellent and productive, while the best black players alternate between "electric and spectacular" and mistakes and bad plays. Guess which style the NFL, the CM media, and the DWFs prefer?

Excellent point. Vontaze Burfict in college was a good example of the black style of play. A few highlight reel plays in between mostly mediocre play. It took his awful combine for people to see that he wasn't special.

Pie

Guru
Excellent point. Vontaze Burfict in college was a good example of the black style of play. A few highlight reel plays in between mostly mediocre play. It took his awful combine for people to see that he wasn't special.
And even with that embarrassing combine, he has still managed to get picked up by a team after the fact. I'd like to see a white line backer get a chance like that after screwing the pooch at combine(assuming he even got invited).

davidholly

Mentor
Caste Clown Al Michaels: "Nothing spectacular, nothing electric on that (touchdown) drive" by the Patriots.

That summarizes very well the difference between White and black football players (and White and black athletes). The best White players are consistently excellent and productive, while the best black players alternate between "electric and spectacular" and mistakes and bad plays. Guess which style the NFL, the CM media, and the DWFs prefer?

But... But... Dat Upside...

Gibbon

Guru
The experts have been picking Baltimore all week long. The national commentators likely do it to demoralize NE (I mean when I travel eeeeveryone hates NE —though they like the Red Sox). The local commentators do it to challenge them. Boston is notoriously hard on its teams. Sometimes that skepticism encourages results.

Well we are in it. So far...

Anak

Mentor
Chrissy never wastes an opportunity to rhapsodize about The World's Greatest Athletes, his precious darlings. I bet he lies awake at night wishing he was born a woman so that he could have birthed a whole litter of them.

Highlander

Mentor
Haven't seen Edelman since he caught that pass for a TD. Saw him heading to the locker room early before half. If he's injured, I hope it's not a serious.

Anak

Mentor
It is hilarious how upset and worked up the human rubbish get when things don't go in their sports corporation's favor.

Highlander

Mentor
Atrocious play all night by the Pats corners.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Patriots' cornerbacks are a joke, even for the NFL.

davidholly

Mentor
Patriots defense is crap, but the refs still had to bail Baltimore out for them to win this game.

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
This is just further proof that a team's level of talent and capability RISES exponentially the more Whites you have on the roster.

The Blacks on New England blew the game for them.

Is this what football is turning into?

The White guys will do the heavy lifting and hopefully create enough breathing space so that even the INCREDIBLE incompetence of everyone else (refs, coaches, Black players, etc.) can be contained.

Should we be surprised when it can't always happen, especially if Whitey represents a bit less than a third of the on-field workforce?

This is true in sports and is true everywhere else, too, like in an office.

Let Whitey do the job, or else it will end up SH*TTY.

FACT.

Anak

Mentor
It's so stupid and arbitrary what is and what isn't reviewable. Say what you want, but the people making the rules/changing policies are some dumbasses.

dwid

Hall of Famer
I don't understand this fg ruling. If it extends to the heavens, why would it count if it went over it, if the pole was longer the ball would have bounced off of it, there was no question with where that one was.

I am sure bigunreal has some things to say about this one.

we couldn't catch one break today it seems but there were some positives.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I can't stand that sappy stuff like Michelle Tafoya asking Torrey Smith about the death of his brother earlier in the day, after the game. It's soap opera level crap, and Smith shouldn't even have answered any questions. ("I love him to death" is what he said without any irony.)

After the Notre Dame game yesterday it was the same thing -- the obligatory female sideline reporter asking some Hawaiian on the Irish about the recent loss of his grandmother. Half the people in the stadium were wearing Hawaiian leis and chanting his name during the game. Really sickening stuff, part of the Oprah and Dr. Phil-ification of the country where we're all supposed to share everyone's grief on a superficial and overly sentimental surface level, esp. when it involves minorities.