2012 NFL Week 3

dwid

Hall of Famer
And would you be saying this if Hillis had gained 233 yards in this game? As Don said, Hillis is a pure backup unless the Hillis Curse strikes again.
I would be thrilled if Hillis put up those numbers, and actually predicted that he would put up 200 yards against the Saints knowing how bad they are, I was right about 200 yards but it was Charles, I believe Hillis could have easily gotten it if used the same way plus 30+ carries. However, even if that happened I still would hope that he could keep it up against actual defenses, however, Hillis has proved himself against some of the toughest run defenses already, so the hope is more that he remains healthy and gets a decent amount of carries. Charles has been playing mostly cupcake teams in AFC West his entire career, his stats are inflated because he usually never has to get the tough yards. I mean do you seriously think he is better than Barry Sanders like some younger people suggest today because of his 6.1 career average? I guarantee that he won't do crap against the Ravens or the Steelers, he might do something in his traditional role where a bigger back does most of the dirty work and grinds out the tough yards but if they want him more as a feature back, its not happening. His 2nd best game was against the Broncos the last game of the 2009 season, that defense allowed several teams to rush for over 200 on them. The 3rd best game against a Buffalo team that did pitiful that year (2010), they allowed over 200 yards 8 different times.

I mean its one thing to play against bad defenses, but this is uncharted territory, the head coach is gone, the interim head coach is gone, Mickey Loomis is gone, Spags is there but completely unfamiliar with the system and for some reason still thinks he can get it done with 4 linemen rushing. Their starting MLB is gone, although Lofton is a good MLB, he is not on the same level as Vilma when he was in the d. They rotate about 3 guys at the olb spot opposite of Shanle, they thought they had someone who could play in Hawthorne, but he still hasn't caught on and receiving less snaps each game. I mean sometimes he is in there and trying to hit the same gap as Lofton, he is still thinking like a middle linebacker and lost as an OLB . The other two guys are undersized and have trouble shedding blockers and run support is their weakness. Vilma was the leader of a below average defense that only had to make a few stops a game. Now they don't even have that. Almost the entire defense was swallowed up by blockers on the 91 yard run, the fastest guy unblocked to run after them being Roman Harper, a guy that was chased down by Sam Bradford. The entire team is hopeless and demoralized by the offseason stuff and everyone is playing below their talent level, the defense wasn't that talented to being with, the switch to the new scheme has been a disaster. That was like a big FBS program coming into a small FCS program doing worse than even what I imagined.

Go read most of the fan sites, they are really excited that Charles had a great day but are hoping that Hillis comes back soon so Charles doesn't have to carry the full load and can stay below 15 carries to last the entire season.

I am sorry to ruin your excitement, I am sure you were filled with glee that Hillis got hurt expecting Charles will be used more after this game. Its not his first 200 yard game, or 20+ carry game, he has had both, in fact several 20+ carry games yet the team still feels that he can't handle the full load. But I am sure 35+ years from now you will argue for Charles being one of the greatest with someone who isn't even born right now, forgetting how he played against weak competition and rarely used on plays that are designed to only get a few yards, with your last words spoken on your death bed being "Brown best 20th century back, Charles best..21st century back...no one was even close...I was there" haha

Last edited:

foobar75

Master
I think what foobar75 means is that white players have to go above and beyond. I think most here understand that. That would have been one heck of a catch though!

Exactly, not the most perfectly thrown ball, but when White skill players make these sorts of plays, it's a big deal. It helps change perceptions, not to mention helping their own cause within the team.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm so happy that the Pats started Welker and it payed off right away with his huge play in the first quarter. The drop by Edelman would have been an incredible catch. He knew he was about to get his head taken off. Where was the flag? It should have been a first and goal. You not allowed to go after a guys head which is clearly what Reed did. Another double standard. Edelman could have been seriously hurt on that play. Luckily he is ok but it could have easily caused a concussion on a head/neck injury.

It's also great to see Woodhead getting a few chances to run the ball early.

Highlander

Mentor
Nice to see Kolb defeat his former team and outplay Vick as well, while putting up solid stats:

17-24, 222 yds, 2 TDs, 0 INTs

I wonder what the Philly DWFs think about that?

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
The Pats vs. Ravens game looks like a racial war. The amount of pushing and shoving is off the charts. No flags yet but the refs gave Edelmann a flag for offensive pass interference for no reason at all. It almost seemed to happen because he did a first down gesture in the black DB's face and almost hit the referee!!

The Pats vs. Ravens game looks like a racial war. The amount of pushing and shoving is off the charts. No flags yet but the refs gave Edelmann a flag for offensive pass interference for no reason at all. It almost seemed to happen because he did a first down gesture in the black DB's face and almost hit the referee!!

That was a horrible call. That was a good catch AND pass interference on the defender.

For everyone watching this game, I just found a great way to make it better. Mute button.

Pie

Guru
Glad to see Logan Mankins back in action and back to bullying defensive players and standing up for his team mates.

Pie

Guru
Are the Patriots starting 12 whites?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Brandon Lloyd is the only non-White on the current drive. Pretty amazing for the NFL.

This 2 minute offense by the Patriots features 10(!!!!!) Whites on offense, the lone black being Lloyd.

Thats one for the ages. That epic 10 White man drive ends in a TD for Edelman against the "feared" Ravens D. That just made my month!

Pie

Guru
Wow, just imagine how badly the Pats O would have violated the Ravens D on that drive if they had some real athletes playing for them :O

81 yard drive without any hip swivel, burst, jiggle, or explosiveness, and just one room-brightening smile on the field! And the entire offensive line needs longer arms; somebody alert Mel Kiper, Jr.!!! How did they do it???

Gibbon

Guru
This is awesome. One of the paradoxes of living in the most dogmatically liberal states in the union: white athletes to root for and fans that love them. Glad to see Edelman getting reps.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Ridley hasn't been a factor. Maybe Belichick took his offense back from McWigger.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Watching the Patriots play brings a smile to my face. Now is only they would be a little more fair on the defensive side of the ball. Imagine the Linebackers like the Texans have on the Pats and they would already have won a few more super bowls. I can't stand the Ravens. Go New England. I'm so happy Welker is back and in a big way!

Gibbon

Guru
Let's face it. An all white team would go 19-0. The fastest 40s? Pssst. They'd run like a swiss clock. It'd be like the spartan phalanx. Only the white coaches would keep the other teams in the game. Haha.

davidholly

Mentor
Woodhead with a TD!!! Now if that affletic Pats D could just hold the ravens for a few drives...

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
After Woodhead scores Al Micheals says: "Nothing spectacular, nothing electric about that drive" and goes on to describe it as an efficient drive. Caste speak all over the place.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
How old is Chris Collinsworthless? I wish he was old and would be retiring. I can't stand that fool. Every Woodhead gain is due to the blocking. No mention of Woodheads skill, it was all the line. This is the same clown that heaps effusive praise on every black back that runs for over 5 yards.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Caste Clown Al Michaels: "Nothing spectacular, nothing electric on that (touchdown) drive" by the Patriots.

That summarizes very well the difference between White and black football players (and White and black athletes). The best White players are consistently excellent and productive, while the best black players alternate between "electric and spectacular" and mistakes and bad plays. Guess which style the NFL, the CM media, and the DWFs prefer?

davidholly

Mentor
How old is Chris Collinsworthless? I wish he was old and would be retiring. I can't stand that fool. Every Woodhead gain is due to the blocking. No mention of Woodheads skill, it was all the line. This is the same clown that heaps effusive praise on every black back that runs for over 5 yards.

Every gain up the middle is because of good blocking. Which is why only teams with white o-lines get gains up the middle. Hell, one of Brady's best offensive plays is the QB sneak.