2011 Preseason

Riddlewire

Master
There it was.
Hillis lined up as fullback for Hardesty in the I.
That is what Shurmur ultimately wants.

dwid

Hall of Famer
ridiculous. I could understand lining him up as a fb in a splitback set but in the i formation its just ridiculous. Can't really run from the fullback spot in that formation except for a few short yards. Too talented to be wasted like that. Luckily Hardesty isn't looking good.

Edit: well they just reversd roles, they had a black motion to fullback to block for Hillis. Im pretty sure he was at least, the stream is choppy so not sure who it was. Thought I saw a 2 as the last number of the jersey so maybe Watson.

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
What network are you guys watching the Browns game on?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The NFL Network shows repeats of every preseason game during the week.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Cam Newton 3/12, 35 yds., 1st half, should have been 2/12, Olsen bailed him out with a great catch for 20yds. A. Dalton is playing better. Cincinnati 24 Carolina 7 at halftime.

Riddlewire

Master
Well, let's hope the Eagles were throwing some unexpected defensive looks at Cleveland. Because McCoy looked absolutely awful in that half. He's holding onto the ball way too long and not throwing accurately when he does let it go.
On the positive side, Cam Newton has revealed that he can't be an NFL quarterback. The Panthers are even showing that they know it, too. They're turning him loose to run free. That kind of football will get you a 2-14 record on the season.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Once again Cam can't get it in the endzone! I don't think he's thrown a TD pass all pre-season. Has he?

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Yeah, and judging by the way he runs, which doesn't look that intimidating, I'd rather have to tackle him than Tim Tebow. Tebow looks much more aggressive when he's running than Newton!

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
For Scam to struggle mightily against Cinci.. that's NOT a good sign!!

Mighty Joe2

Im glad Hillis didnt get many carries.It would be a nightmare if he was to sustain a serious injury in a meaningless preseason game.He looked great the time he was in.Colt Mccoy will probably struggle without Evan Moore because he dosnt have the arm of guys like Flacco or Rivers and he has good on field chemistry with the athletic playmaking Moore so if Cleveland know whats good for their offense they will have him playing alot at wide out.The Claveland D looked decent featuring a few Whites.DTs Brian Schaefering and Scott PASXON,LBs Fujita,Austin English,Eric Gordon and Ben Jacobs and SS Ray Ventrone.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Walterfootball says Peyton's preseason stock has gone down after yesterdays game. It's possible that Hardesty will see around 35 percent of the carries. He shouldn't get more than 20 percent in my opinion.

Peyton Hillis, RB, Browns
down.jpg

Peyton Hillis looked really good when he was on the field at Philadelphia. He was bulldozing defenders (6 carries, 18 yards) and catching passes (4 targets). He would have scored a touchdown if it weren't for a great play by Eagles strongside linebacker Jamar Chaney. However, Hillis is getting a stock down because Montario Hardesty played the entire second series and also had a strong showing. Based on the comments Cleveland's front office made this offseason, it's reasonable to expect Hillis and Hardesty to share the load, with the former holding something like a 60-40 or 65-35 advantage.

Whitepower

Walter football their not even a credible football news site. You guys worry too much Hardesty is coming off of a serious knee injury, and will never carry the ball more than a handful of times in a game unless Hillis gets hurt. The ultimate goal of every team is to win, and Hillis gives Cleveland the best chance to do so. Screw what all those off handed sports blogs say. These are the same people who would let Michael vick rape their sister in order to be in the same room with him. We must remember that the white psyche has been beaten down by the media fo the last quarter century, and to be taken seriously as a journalist one must downgrade the white player at every opportunity. These same morons have also written disparaging articles on Toby Gerhart, Danny Woodhead, Austin Collie, I could go on , but you guys get the point. This is clearly hate whitey 101 at work.

dwid

Hall of Famer
I wouldn't take them seriously for the simple fact that they couldn't get their facts right. He didn't have 6 carries for 18 yards, he had 3 carries for 18 yards, 2 catches for 35 yards, which just happened to lead the Browns in receiving last night. Hardesty did not look good at all last night, no burst, pretty much all of his plays were straight up the gut, didn't have to cut from what I remember. So that means either the coaches aren't comfortable with his knee or he isn't. Probably both. He looked like what I wanted him to look like. 5 carries for 15 yards. Not good enough to get any significant carries but enough to come in and give Hillis a break for a few snaps per game.

Colt looked like crap, hopefully it was a one game fluke because he was great the past two. I love how ESPN tries to spin Vick as having a comeback game from last week. He completed 10 out of 18 passes for 98 yards 0 tds. SEVEN of the completions were to LeSean McCoy, the RB, which were pretty much short passes for a few yards that he got yards after the catch with. Nothing fancy like the route Hillis ran last night. So Vick had about 29 yards passing on his own. Im not sure if any starting black quarterback has had a touchdown pass this preseason.