2011 Preseason

Riddlewire

Master
Collinsworth keeps repeating the BS that every black player on the field runs a 4.30.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Collinsworth keeps repeating the BS that every black player on the field runs a 4.30.

Oh S**t, uncle cris is in rare form and it still the preseason!:crazy:

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Suh and his "roid rages".. they continue.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/...hanges-lions-culture-makes-him-a-dirty-player

He no longer deserves the benefit of the doubt. There's too much evidence to the contrary. That great smile, nice off-field demeanor and cool ass car commercial can no longer shield him from what has become a definite. He plays dirty.

And, to think, he can learn even more "tricks" from Nick Fairley! Taking cheap shots on QBs is not "tough".. it's dirty and cheap.

dwid

Hall of Famer
I just don't get it. Ingram's production decreases and dwfs expecations get higher. They are really excited about his performance against the Raiders last night, with most agreeing that 1200 yards rushing and 10 tds is within reach.

His stat line from last night: 6 carries 7 yards 1 td. Yeah he got 1 rushing td but fullbacks can pound it in from the 1 yard line.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Suh and his "roid rages".. they continue.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/...hanges-lions-culture-makes-him-a-dirty-player

And, to think, he can learn even more "tricks" from Nick Fairley! Taking cheap shots on QBs is not "tough".. it's dirty and cheap.

Of course the DWF's agreed with the punch and think Suh was justified in throwing it. And what a shocker, they compare Suh to a white player, Danny Ainge, in order to create "racial balance." This is a sick country.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
So far this pre-season, Chad OchoNegro has been targeted eight times and has a paltry two receptions. These two receptions were for six yards and eight yards (one for a TD), respectively. I’ve heard talk that Ochocinco may be cut…but it’s much more likely that the former 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] round pick, WR/KR Brandon Tate, is cut due to the NFL’s new rule regarding kickoff returns. Tate, who hasn’t played or practiced up until Saturday’s game, made one nice catch against Detroit’s backups, but was ineffective in the kick return game. Julian Edelman, on the other hand, had a great night returning punts and kickoffs against Detroit.

In his own right, OchoNeedleD-ck’s counterpart, Deion Branch, has been putrid in the pre-season. He’s been held without a catch through three games. The most advantageous scenario would be for Branch to completely falter early in the 2011 season (reminiscent of Joey Galloway’s time in New England) and to be promptly replaced by Edelman.

The Patriot’s receiving corps for the final 53-man roster will likely consist of Deion Branch, Chad OchoHomosexual, Wes Welker, Julian Edelman, Taylor Price and black special teams demon, Matthew Slater.

The only white player in danger of being cut is DT Mike Wright. Wright is eternally-injured, never seems to practice, and hasn’t played a down in pre-season. Unless he’s positive his roster spot is safe, he really needs to toughen up in order to (finally) receive his opportunity to become a regular “starter.”

backrow

Hall of Famer
i think Pats can surprise us with releasing 85. i mean they had a few washouts and eventually always got rid of them, ie Galloway or even Moss when he decided he doesn't want to play anymore.

Riddlewire

Master
Hillis not playing tonight.
Anybody have new information about his hamstring?
Marecic actually got the first carry of the game from the tailback position. But then he was off the field.

Sanzenbacher at punt returner for the Bears. Unfortunately, he muffed his first punt (fell on it). That will probably end his NFL career. I don't see Hatie giving him a chance to catch any passes.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Sorry Riddlewire, no info on Hillis.

Shockey bails out cam for his first TD pass of pre-season. 5yd. pass, then Shockey does the rest!

Riddlewire

Master
Why is Cam even playing?
Every team in the league is playing their third stringers this week. I guess they realize he needs a lot more practice than they previously thought.

Riddlewire

Master
General observation:
The new kickoff rule has really got the afflete kick returners screwed up. Their egos won't allow them to take a knee five times a game. Thus far the preseason has been filled with kick returns to the 15 yard line. It will be interesting to see how long that continues into the regular season.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Unfortunately, Kevin Curtis has injured his hand in the game tonight and is on the sideline in street clothes. He had made a nice reception earlier. His chance for a roster spot is probably in severe jeopardy.

Highlander

Mentor
Tebow leads Denver on a 6 play, 94 yard, 4th Quarter TD drive with some nice passes including a beautiful 45-yard TD bomb perfectly placed into the hands of the receiver. Quinn didn't look too sharp. At this point, Tebow should be the clear #2 QB, IMO.

EDIT: (Article Excerpt)

With Kyle Orton and the rest of the Denver first unit sitting out the game, Brady Quinn started at quarterback for the Broncos and struggled, completing 4 of 12 passes for 26 yards with one interception. Tim Tebow took over at halftime and completed 7 of 11 for 116 yards, including a 43-yard touchdown pass to Eron Riley with 2:57 to play.

Last edited:

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Tebow leads Denver on a 6 play, 94 yard, 4th Quarter TD drive with some nice passes including a beautiful 45-yard TD bomb perfectly placed into the hands of the receiver. Quinn didn't look too sharp. At this point, Tebow should be the clear #2 QB, IMO.

EDIT: (Article Excerpt)

With Kyle Orton and the rest of the Denver first unit sitting out the game, Brady Quinn started at quarterback for the Broncos and struggled, completing 4 of 12 passes for 26 yards with one interception. Tim Tebow took over at halftime and completed 7 of 11 for 116 yards, including a 43-yard touchdown pass to Eron Riley with 2:57 to play.

I watched this game on television and could not believe how the announcers were denigrating each one of Tebow's passes. During the fourth quarter scoring drive, Tebow showed mobility, leadership and accuracy, especially on the touchdown pass. He stood tall in the pocket with defenders all around him and delivered a well timed-perfect pass that caught the receiver in stride. None of the announcers offered comment on the play. In fact, there was an uncomfortable silence for about 10-15 seconds and the network did not provide a reply of Tebow throwing the touchdown.

JReb1

Mentor
Tebow WILL be a great NFL QB and should be starting at some point this year for Denver once they're out of playoff contention, mid-season probably. Orton is a solid QB who could be great for a team that was a QB short of a playoff run. I don't think Orton will ever be a franchise QB, and Tebow has shown glimpses that he has the talent and leadership ability to become one.

I didn't see the game, but in the box scores it shows that Dane Sanzenbacher handled all the punt returns (5) for the Bears, including a 22 yard return. He also lead the team with 4 receptions for 50 yards, but was targeted 8 times. Did anyone see the cathches? Were they drops, did he fail to make a play on the ball, or were they uncatchable?

Also, it was great to see Brian Leonard take the starting snaps and lead Cincinatti in rushing with 11 carries for 57 yards. I hope Don's mentioning of the possibility of injuries/off-field issues leadin to Leonard becoming the starting RB! With injuries, anything can happen!

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Jake Locker had an amazing game against the Saints, going 15 out of 17 for 132 yards and TD. He also rushed 3 times for 39 yards and another TD. Yet most of the press is gushing over how sCam Newton finally threw a PRESEASON touchdown pass in his FOURTH preseason game, and how happy everyone is that he has been annointed as the starter for the Panthers over the despised Jimmy Clausen. sCam only played one series, since he's such a seasoned pro, and finished a fantastic (for him) 3-5 for 25 yards and a TD, to Jeremy Shockey of course. Olsen and Shockey are going to have good numbers this year, as they're the only guys sCam can complete a ball to.

Brian Leonard had a good game with 11 carries for 57 yards and Ryan Whalen snagged 4 receptions in his debut!

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Interesting recap article on the Vikings/Texans game last night. Christian Ponder had a good night, especially running. With all of the white "dual threat" QB's emerging, Tebow, Ponder, Locker, etc., how are they going to maintain the "black running QB dominance" thing going? Expecially with Newton sucking. Here are some comments from the article that I found to be fascinating:

Christian Ponder says opponents and observers have always underestimated his speed and athleticism, going all the way back his high school days in Texas.

Ponder completed 10 of 17 passes for 83 yards and one touchdown in the preseason finale for both teams. He rushed eight times for 61 yards and didn’t turn the ball over while playing just over two quarters.

“I think they see I’m white and they think I’m slow,â€￾ Ponder joked. “I think that’s definitely one of my positives is my feet and buying extra time and getting out of the pocket if something breaks down. It just happened to work really well tonight.â€￾

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I think Andy Dalton, Tim Tebow, Christian Ponder, and Jake Locker will all be at least decent NFL qb's. I don't expect any of them to be busts unless the caste system forces it on them.