2010-2011 Bowl Matchups

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Line has looked dominant early in the second half, yet it seems Padron is intent on destroying his own Mustang offense single-handedly ...

and now the color commentator once again refers to Line as a "fullback." typical.

snow

Mentor
what kind of fullback lines up 7 and 8 yards behind the los in the run in shoot in shotgun formation

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Hassin has 77 yards and Line has 66 yards at the end of 3 quarters.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
snow said:
what kind of fullback lines up 7 and 8 yards behind the los in the run in shoot in shotgun formation

the answer, of course, is a White running back. that's an easy one.
smiley2.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Line missed seeing the cutback lane there, but he still picked up 7. i thought he had a chance to score if he made that cut, though. he looks really good when he can get past the line of scrimmage without having to evade his own o-linemen in the backfield.

and there's a beautiful throw from Padron for the touchdown. the kid has talent, without a doubt. but he is so erratic, that he'd drive me nuts if i were his coach or an SMU fan.
smiley36.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
two random comments:

SMU defensive lineman Margus Hunt is a wicked athlete. you'd have to think the NFL has an eye on him for the future.

the female announcers warbling voice is really getting on my nerves. "a gain of 10 yeeaauuurddddssss!" is that wrong of me? heh.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
She was annoying, no doubt. Jared Hassin ends up being player of the game after getting 82 yards on 18 carries. Zach Line ended up being the top runner in the game with 103 yards on 17 carries plus 2 catches for 5 yards.

snow

Mentor
Great game, going to do some snow activities until the Nebraska game. Hopefully Martinez is 100 percent healthy and they use mostly Burkhead as the back.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Gee, I wonder what that same moron announcer will call Line's successor in two years? I will gurantee it won't be fullback. I didn't even know the FB even exsisted in the world of run and shoot offfenses. Unless your white I guess. I think they're calling him FB on purpose.

Riddlewire

Master
Wow.
They just can't help themselves.

Idiot negrolete for KState gets an excessive celebration penalty for showing out after scoring the TD when his team needs a two point conversion to tie in the last minute of the game.
Another reason to recruit only white players.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Riddlewire said:
Wow.
They just can't help themselves.

Idiot negrolete for KState gets an excessive celebration penalty for showing out after scoring the TD when his team needs a two point conversion to tie in the last minute of the game.
Another reason to recruit only white players.

this happened last night during a college basketball game, as well. Mississippi State was getting destroyed by St. Mary's, but one of the "phenomenal" affletes of MSU finally scored a basket off of penetration. a negro teammate was so excited about one of his homeboys scoring against the pale-skinned Gaels that he couldn't resist immediately talking $h!+, ignoring the fact that his team was down 24 and that he was going to get a technical called on him.

these idiots consistently kill their own teams with similar antics, yet i'm supposed to believe that they are exciting and dominant. the world is truly upside down.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I like the description given by Paleocon in another thread of them acting like "petulant toddlers"
smiley36.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i've watched this entire Tennessee-North Carolina game, but with 11 minutes left i've yet to see Hunter Furr take the field ... not even on special teams. seems a strange way to utilize (and i use that term very loosely) the best athlete on your team.

and it's not like Furr can't make plays. after injuries (and the ever-present Tarhell suspensions) decimated the running back position, he came in cold off the bench against Florida State in the 4th quarter and carried the ball 3 straight plays (gaining 27 yards) to get the ball within field goal range. itallowed UNC to get the win and earned him the game ball. in the three games since then (four if you count tonight's contest), he's touched the ball a total of ZERO times.

on the year, the fastest player on UNC's roster has touched the ball a total of 6 times. wow. that's some "great" coaching ...

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
wow. what a bizarre not-ending in the Vols-Tarhells game. it's headed overtime.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
since i'm here, apparently talking to myself, i'll continue to think out loud ...

i wonder why in a game so desperate for big plays, and with a team that has all but forsaken the run, why Tennessee sophomore wideout Zach Rogers has seen so little of the field tonight. he was a regular in the rotation during the regular season and shined when given opportunities, but it seems that the "real" talents are getting the reps tonight. at least, that's the impression that anyone who doesn't know anything about the Volunteer roster would conclude from listening to the commentators talk about the wideouts for Tennessee.

the truth, however, is that Rogers is incredibly talented. in high school he set 6 school records in track and field, and if i read this article correctly, then he was thetop kid in the entire state of Tennessee in the 100 meters (10.80), the 200 meters (21.48), and the long jump (23-7, and a pb of 23-8). and those times are all authentic, automatic times not exaggerated, hand-timed stuff.

this bizarre treatment of Rogers has carried over since fall camp before the season began. from the article:
Zach Rogers probably felt stuck in the middle. Between a proven productive duo and a trio of physically dazzling freshmen, the Tennessee sophomore receiver was in no-man's land.
those "physically dazzling" freshmen are significantly slower and less athletic than Rogers, although they are taller than his 6-feet. the only freshman comparable to Rogers athletically is Justin Hunter who actually has out-jumped him (25-3.75) but who is a hurdler rather than a pure sprinter.

regardless, it seems strange that Rogers is getting so few reps. as so many "talent scouts" often refer to, he certainly "looks the part."

utpractice21_asb_13559_t607.jpg

maybe this post should go in the wide receivers thread ... *continues to talk to self*
smiley36.gif

Highlander

Mentor
Hey WSPN, I DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT WOMEN'S BASKETBALL, YOU F'ING MANGINAS!!!

CUT BACK TO THE DAMN FOOTBALL GAME!!!
Edited by: Highlander

Riddlewire

Master
Jimmy Chitwood said:
since i'm here, apparently talking to myself...
I'm "on the web" and watching the games, but I'm limited to the use of a netbook for the rest of the night. Typing anything is tedious.
As for the UNC v UT game, I don't have much to say. I would have favored UT, but then I saw that the Vols had an all-black offensive line. They must be the only bowl team to ever have that. I can't cheer for that. So I was rooting for a low scoring tie with lots of career-ending injuries. I figure the pitiful performances by both teams is a decent enough consolation prize.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Riddlewire said:
As for the UNC v UT game, I don't have much to say. I would have favored UT, but then I saw that the Vols had an all-black offensive line. They must be the only bowl team to ever have that. I can't cheer for that. So I was rooting for a low scoring tie with lots of career-ending injuries. I figure the pitiful performances by both teams is a decent enough consolation prize.

smiley56.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Nebraska's Taylor Martinez is clearly not 100%, and since he's not much of a threat the Huskies are focusing on stopping Burkhead. so far, that game plan is working beautifully for Wazzou ...

and nowMartinez throws a pick to a White defensive back! who knew the Huskies allowed "those" types of players on the field!
smiley2.gif

edited to correct mistakeEdited by: Jimmy Chitwood

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
wow. how many dropped passes have there been today? it would be sad if it didn't happen so often. i'm struggling to find a word that does it justice ... "pathetic" is close but not nearly strong enough.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
yep, another dropped pass right before halftime. yay for those recruiting services who rate all these affletes as talented. *smirk*

my neighbor's kids don't drop those passes in the backyard ... and they're in elementary school.

Highlander

Mentor
Just saw the Kansas State "Unsportsmanlike Conduct" penalty, and, must say, it was a pretty weak call. He simply saluted to someone in the stands, or just saluted in general. BFD. It's not like he was imitating some tribal dance or something like in the NFL.
Edited by: Highlander

foobar75

Master
Highlander said:
Hey WSPN, I DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT WOMEN'S BASKETBALL, YOU F'ING MANGINAS!!!CUT BACK TO THE DAMN FOOTBALL GAME!!!

Edited by: foobar75

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Helu's whiff on that block damn near got Martinez killed. how many sacks is that against the Huskers? ouch!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
uh-oh for Nebraska fans ... it looks like Locker has finally woken up. he is fun to watch when he runs it.