2010-2011 Bowl Matchups

Riddlewire

Master
Greg Ellingson looked fantastic for FIU in the bowl game against Toledo tonight.
I had never heard of him, which is surprising considering I follow Sun Belt football more than anyone on here (although that's still not much).
He was an All State receiver in Florida (What?!? Isn't that the home of black supermen? How dare they let a cracker on a post-season honors team?) I couldn't find any speed numbers, but his bio says he "excelled" in track in high school. He finishes his senior season with 43 catches for 613 yards(14.3avg) and 5TD. At 6'4", 195lbs, this speedy receiver deserves a look by NFL teams.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
good call on Greg Ellingson, Riddlewire. i seem to remember some brief mention of him a while back, but he has flown under the radar here. and he really can fly, both on the field and in the air.

i did a little digging, and he had a personal-best 22-6.5 long jump in high school. also, according to this interview, the 6-4 Ellingson says he runs a 4.5 in the 40, but he sure seems to run faster than that on the field.

hopefully, he'll get a chance to show his stuff for the NFL. it'll be interesting to see what kind of numbers he posts at his Pro Day, because it is very unlikely that he'll get invited to the Combine.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
In the Independence Bowl, I just watched Jonathan Warzeka execute the greatest black player's play, the self-tackle on a pitch play. There may be some hope for him yet!
smiley2.gif

Riddlewire

Master
I fail to see any positives that Jefferson brings to the Falcons.
There's a high school near me that's been running the triple option T-formation for 30 years. Every QB that comes from that school could outplay Jefferson with just a few practices.
I would wager heavily that they're smarter than he is, too, with much higher "character". I see no reason for Jefferson to even be at the Air Force Academy.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Warzeka had an abysmal second quarter, with two drops and (as Football Dad referred to) a negro-like self tackle in the open field. sadly, he had few chances to make up for the mistakes, as once again his opportunities to touch the ball were exceedingly few. he did convert on a two-point conversion and made a big catch to convert a first down, but it wasn't a good game for him overall.

and as Riddlewire mentioned, i find the worship of the AFA black quarterback to be well over the top. he plays hard, but he's certainly not special, neither from an athletic ability standpoint,nor from apassing ability standpoint, nor even adecision making perspective. so what gives?

other than being a part of a winning program that has improved over the pastcoupleofyears, the only thing i noticed that he has that most AFA QBs of the past didn't have is rather obvious ... he's very dark complected. i wonder if that has something to do with it?
smiley2.gif

edited to add: i should add a BIG congratulations to the mostly White Falcons for their thorough domination (at least defensively) of the ebony black GA Tech team. i was especially pleased that the commentator, who had verbally ejaculated throughout the game over the vast affletic superiority and size advantage that the BlackJackets held over the "fiesty" Academy players, had to resort to applauding the "terrific effort that Georgia Tech played with tonight."
smiley36.gif

if the BlackJackets were so physically superior, A) why did they lose? and B) why did they have to give such "terrific effort" to beat a physically inferior opponent? i mean, i don't have to play hard to beat 6th-graders at basketball ... i'm just saying.
smiley4.gif
Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

northwinds

Mentor
Great to watch the Falcons beat almost coal black Georgia Tech. I mean seriously GT looks like a team from a "Historically Black College"....Bobby Dodd would be rolling over in his grave. I wonder if it will ever occur to Coach Paul Johnson, when he's out recruiting, that his team was held to seven points and lost to a team that plays 9 white kids on defense........seriously how can somebody's mind work in such a f#cked up way. Way to go Air Force....and I grew up a Georgia Tech fan.....they left me, I didn't leave them.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
As noted by both JC and northwinds, it was a pleasure to watch the mostly-white AFA defense dominate the BlackJackets offense. For some reason, unexplained by the announcers, the lightning-fast, physically superior, "great black athletes" on GA Tech's offense were unable to overcome the obviously slow, weak, stiff guys on defense. Like JC noted above, it should have been like watching a college team agains the local middle school guys, right?
smiley2.gif

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
...Oh, as I would have predicted, I went over to look at the game summary, and the picture shown, representing the winning AFA squad was..... Tim Jefferson, of course.
smiley11.gif

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
good call on Greg Ellingson, Riddlewire. i seem to remember some brief mention of him a while back, but he has flown under the radar here. and he really can fly, both on the field and in the air.

i did a little digging, and he had a personal-best 22-6.5 long jump in high school. also, according to this interview, the 6-4 Ellingson says he runs a 4.5 in the 40, but he sure seems to run faster than that on the field.

hopefully, he'll get a chance to show his stuff for the NFL. it'll be interesting to see what kind of numbers he posts at his Pro Day, because it is very unlikely that he'll get invited to the Combine.

Read an article a while back posted by draftdaddy, comparing him to Kevin Walter. It'll be interesting to see if we can make it in the NFL. Sure hope his racial apprenticeship is short !

snow

Mentor
northwinds said:
Great to watch the Falcons beat almost coal black Georgia Tech. I mean seriously GT looks like a team from a "Historically Black College"....Bobby Dodd would be rolling over in his grave. I wonder if it will ever occur to Coach Paul Johnson, when he's out recruiting, that his team was held to seven points and lost to a team that plays 9 white kids on defense........seriously how can somebody's mind work in such a f#cked up way. Way to go Air Force....and I grew up a Georgia Tech fan.....they left me, I didn't leave them.
Well he did recruit a white kid at b-back, so maybe he is learning. I don't think he had this bad of a season at Navy, yet he supposedly had "inferior" athletes.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
snow said:
northwinds said:
Well he did recruit a white kid at b-back, so maybe he is learning. I don't think he had this bad of a season at Navy, yet he supposedly had "inferior" athletes.
This is one of the key problems with the caste system that has yet to have a dent put into it. If you look at, say, Rivals top 100 players at ANY position, specifically the "prized" 4 and 5 star athletes, they are almost without exception, BLACK. And if he wants to stay in the good graces of the alumni and boosters, he's better DAMN well bring in a bunch of these kids who are graded by the "best, unbiased scouts"
smiley11.gif
. Until we can change those dynamics, it will always be a struggle of the walk-ons in D1.

FootballDad said:
This is one of the key problems with the caste system that has yet to have a dent put into it.  If you look at, say, Rivals top 100 players at ANY position, specifically the "prized" 4 and 5 star athletes, they are almost without exception, BLACK.  And if he wants to stay in the good graces of the alumni and boosters, he's better DAMN well bring in a bunch of these kids who are graded by the "best, unbiased scouts"
smiley11.gif
.  Until we can change those dynamics, it will always be a struggle of the walk-ons in D1.

I have a very different take on this. I believe is a coach put out a team with 16 white starters and they won a National Championship without black 4 and 5 star recruits, the boosters, supporters, and season ticket holders would not be upset at all. While it's not football, I didn't see any Duke fans last year have reservations about their national title because they're weren't enough black "stars." I think sometimes we overestimate the determination of DWFs in all matters other than their desire to see their team win.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Bring on the coaches who are willing to weather that storm.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Electric Slide said:
I have a very different take on this. I believe is a coach put out a team with 16 white starters and they won a National Championship without black 4 and 5 star recruits, the boosters, supporters, and season ticket holders would not be upset at all. While it's not football, I didn't see any Duke fans last year have reservations about their national title because they're weren't enough black "stars." I think sometimes we overestimate the determination of DWFs in all matters other than their desire to see their team win.

you make a good point, Electric Slide. it's true that Duke fans savored the National Championship, but up until they won it all there was a TON of stuff coming from the national media "experts" about how Duke didn't have enough affleticism and how their talent level had really fallen. this was even repeated by many Duke fans before the seasaon began ... and you know exactly what they all meant.

this pointing out of Duke's "lack of affleticism" by the talking heads (and i'm sure the nation's DWFs,since they echo whatever they're told) carried through the entire NCAA Tourney ... at least, right up until the Dukies cut down the nets.

the hatred of all things White comes first from the Telavivision, and the sheep bleat it repeatedly from there. and like the sheep they so resemble, the DWFswill have to be beat about the head repeatedly until the truth is accepted.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Well, I was wrong about Iowa's starters. In addition to Johnson and Morris, Jeff Tarpinian starts at an OLB spot, giving them a majority white defense and snow patrol.

Highlander

Mentor
Iowa's playing a White CB. What's playing two White safeties called? Snow ...?

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Highlander said:

if you are referring to #18, he's not White. that's Micah Hyde, and he's a really light-skinned brother.

and playing two White safeties is called really smart coaching.
smiley2.gif
Greenwood and Sash are excellent.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Karl Klug with the sack. he leads Iowa in both sacks and tackles-for-loss, but "for some reason" he doesn't get anywhere near the hype that Clayborn gets. "weird," huh?

there are so many talented White athletes in this game, i can't quit smiling while i'm watching it.

Highlander

Mentor
Jimmy Chitwood said:
Highlander said:
<div></div>
<div>if you are referring to #18, he's not White. that's Micah Hyde, and he's a really light-skinned brother.</div>
<div>
Ahhh, yes, I remember now...thanks.
</div>

Highlander

Mentor
Nice to see NC State whup West Virginia.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I would never have guessed that West Virginia, as a state, has a 90%+ black population. From looking at their college team, it must be true, right?
smiley29.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
isn't it "weird," that T.J. Moe can't run at all yet heis always open? Matt Millen keeps saying that, but it doesn't seem to make sense ... after all, why would the defense intentionally and repeatedly simply leave a guy wide open (Moe has nearly100 yards receiving at halftime)if it would be so simple and easy to stop the non-talented individual?
smiley2.gif

perhaps this bizarre "talent evaluation" is why Millen's tenure as General Manager of the Detroit Lions resulted in some of the worst teams in the history of the NFL. nah, surely not!

ah ... *savors* ...you have to love the contradictions of the Caste System.
smiley36.gif
Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

TwentyTwo

Master
100% agree Jimmy C! TJ Moe is putting on a clinic! Millen needs to keep his mouth closed; but he just can't help himself...

Enjoying this bowl... 5 out of 6 starters at LBer for both teamsare white...Iowa starting 6 whites on defense is always nice to see...Gabbert is a BIG TIME talent at QB!

Only thing missing in this game isBrandon Wegher!

Insight Bowl almost sounds like Enzyte Bowl...can they just change the name to Cactus Bowl or something??

Highlander

Mentor
Hell of a game between Iowa and Missouri. T.J. Moe has broken the Insight bowl record for number of receptions and has 15 now for 153 yards. Gabbert is 41/57 for 434 yards. Some great defensive plays too. Iowa up 27-24 with 00:53 seconds left.