Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Gabbert's pick 6
smiley129.gif
smiley78.gif
Edited by: Deadlift

Kaptain

Master
Nice game to watch. Gabbert's pick 6 was big, but so was TJ Moe's 16th catch that was overturned by the replay booth. I saw no way the booth could overturn the call but they did.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Although the catch by Moe was questionable, the call on the field was a catch, and the video evidence was not indisputable. By rule, there is no way that call should have been overturned. Anytime a replay is taking over a minute, let alone 2 1/2 minutes, it should be clear that the call should stand.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
"perhaps this bizarre "talent evaluation" is why Millen's tenure as General Manager of the Detroit Lions resulted in some of the worst teams in the history of the NFL. nah, surely not!"

No kidding.. How this guy still has a job that isfootball related is beyond me..

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Missed the Iowa game. Thanks for filling me in on what happened, gents!

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Just flipped on the TV only to see Illinois vs. Baylor. Guess I can go do some chores around the house.....

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
FootballDad said:
Just flipped on the TV only to see Illinois vs. Baylor. Guess I can go do some chores around the house.....

Ha ha, yeah. I'm looking forward to the Army-Southern Methodist game tomorrow at 11 Central. I'm hoping Zach Line runs wild and Jared Hassin and Trent Steelman do well also.

The Holiday Bowl will probably be a snoozer after halftime if not before. Hopefully Rex Burkhead gets decent carries and goes over 100 yards rushing.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
It's only 9-0 Illini when I flipped it on. I thought this was supposed to be a high scoring affair showing the skills of Robert Griffen and Nathan Scheelhaase.

Good thing I got a good movie to watch, I couldn't watch more than 5 seconds of that.

northwinds

Mentor
Kaptain said:
Nice game to watch. Gabbert's pick 6 was big, but so was TJ Moe's 16th catch that was overturned by the replay booth. I saw no way the booth could overturn the call but they did.

That was one of the worst calls I have ever seen......it was clearly a catch.....I said to my wife "no way that catch gets overturned".....then I almost threw my wine glass at the TV...
smiley11.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
didn't watch a single second of the Illinois-Baylor game, but judging by the scoreboardBaylor's next affletic "superman" at black quarterback was exposed to a bunch of kryptonite ...
smiley4.gif

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
The stupid announcer in the SMU-Army game reffered to Zach Line as SMU's FB, despite being C-USA's leading rusher this year.
smiley29.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Jack Lambert said:
The stupid announcer in the SMU-Army game reffered to Zach Line as SMU's FB, despite being C-USA's leading rusher this year.
smiley29.gif

Was that the female play by play announcer or the color man? I missed it but have the game on now. Southern Methodist's Punter Matt Szymanski just made a great play, running for 18 on a big drive extending first down. That kid can run!

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
Jack Lambert said:
smiley29.gif
Was that the female play by play announcer or the color man? I missed it but have the game on now. Southern Methodist's Punter Matt Szymanski just made a great play, running for 18 on a big drive extending first down. That kid can run!

I'm sure it was the color man, and I'm waiting for that loser to say it again, especially after Line just ripped off a nice ten yeard run.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
That figures, Jack. This "professional" really did a lot of game prep for this one, didn't he? I was the PA spotter for a college team for a year and I would have known that info even before I did my game prep. Sad.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Well, I'm sure he figures that Line must simply be "filling in" at TB, as all of the "real athletes" must be hurt, or on academic probation, or in jail! After all, white = FB in the minds of DWF announcers.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Good point, FootballDad. I just can't understand how the people who make their living calling games cannot know the position of the conference's leading rusher. It makes me think he's doing it on purpose. In the current caste era, this is a possibility.

Colonel_Reb said:
Good point, FootballDad. I just can't understand how the people who make their living calling games cannot know the position of the conference's leading rusher. It makes me think he's doing it on purpose. In the current caste era, this is a possibility. 

I was watching CBS College Sports network yesterday they were covering SMUs season. IN the C-USA championship game, they only showed one run by Line but the announcer made a nice comment "Zach Line shows why he's the leading rusher in the conference."

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Jared Hassin is doing pretty well so far today, as is Zach Line. I hope Southern Methodist can score soon, otherwise Line might not be much of a factor.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Padron has thrown 2 pics so far. I wish they'd give Line the ball instead of forcing throws. We'll see what happens on this next series.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Stephen Anderson is having a really nice game for Army at MLB. Padron's receivers are not helping today and the Mustangs have to punt.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
today we are seeing the bad Padron in the first half. hopefully the good Padron, the one that intrigues so many comes out to play. he has consistently missed wide open receivers, and on the few occasions he's been on target, his receivers have dropped the ball. even the normally-sure-handed Cole Beasley.

this is the first time i've seen Jared Hassin play. this kid is talented. i wonder what he could do lining up from the tailback spot ...

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Me too, Jimmy! Jared has 2 more years. Maybe Army will use his talents and set him deep in the backfield. I won't hold my breath, but wouldn't it be something to see him getting some lead blocking from a true FB.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I certainly hope that you're right, JC. I've only watch two SMU games this year so far, and Padron has been terrible both times. I hope to see a different Padron in the second half, as the current one stinks.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
reading the bottom line on ESPN, it seems the honorable and trustworthy "scholarship" affletes from Ohio State have promised to come back next year. after this vow, Tressel has said that they will be allowed to play in the bowl game against Arkansas.

wow. the irony is overwhelming my brain.
smiley36.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
There he goes again, calling Zach Line a Fullback. Ugh!