2010-2011 Bowl Matchups

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Great work, FootballDad! Looks like the truth is more like "Newton played in three state championship games."

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
No, it wasn't a waste because we're still talking about a over-hyped black quarterback, Kentucky's Morgan Newton.
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Nevermind, again! As you can see, unless he really went to Warren Central, he couldn't possibly have won 3 state championships.

northwinds

Mentor
Here's hoping for a great night for Jeff Maehl tonight for Oregon in the NC game. It would be great to see him get about 10 catches and win the MVP before a huge national audience......Go Ducks!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i wouldn't mind seeing John Boyett have a couple of picks against ol' sCam Newton, either.

northwinds

Mentor
@Jimmy Chitwood: Thanksfor the heads up on Boyett...I just read up on him....gives me another Oregon player to root for tonight. Other than Boyett and Matthews does Oregon have any other "brothers" on the defense?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Me and the little woman will be pulling for a Duck victory tonight!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
northwinds said:
@Jimmy Chitwood: Thanksfor the heads up on Boyett...I just read up on him....gives me another Oregon player to root for tonight. Other than Boyett and Matthews does Oregon have any other "brothers" on the defense?

yes, sir.in addition to the already-mentionedMatthews (leads the team in total tackles) and Boyett (tied for 3rd on team in total tackles, tied for 1st with 5 interceptions, and is 2nd with 9 passes-defensed), the other White defensive player of note is senior defensive tackle Brandon Bair.

Bair is long (6-7), lean (272 pounds), athletic (has 8 pass deflections on the year), and nasty (leads the team in tackles-for-loss with 15.5). if not for his debilitating skin condition, he'd be getting a LOT of media hype and interest from the NFL.

junior defensive end Brandon Hanna plays a lot, as well.

oh, and Boyett is just a sophomore.
smiley20.gif

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Haven't they played this game yet? The college regular season ended a month ago! Geez

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Walked into my son's room where the pre-game show on BSPN is on, and they mentioned Jeff Maehl as one of the "Impact players", they mentioned his transition from QB to DB to WR, and that he is also an outstanding basketball player. They said that he is one of the most athletic players on the entire Duck squad! I was shocked to hear this from the BSPN casteophiles! Of course, the qualifier then came in "...but you wouldn't know if by looking at the package". That's exactly what the commentator said! Wow.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Maehl is a terrific athlete.

he's not only the best wide receiver on the Ducks roster, he's also the best basketball player on the footballteam (and perhaps campus?). during his collegiate career, he's declined numerous requests from the Oregon basketball coaching staff to play roundball for the Ducks. he's a heck of a talent.

here's hoping the Alpha Maehl dominates tonight.

615542.jpg

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
.... Wait. "Ultimate Alpha Male"are the words that they used to describe sCam Newton as he was warming up with his bug-light yellow room brightening smile!

northwinds

Mentor
Why do they insist on starting these games so late on a work/school night.....here in Atlanta we are snowed in with no school/work tomorrow....but most of the east coast is going to bed when they start this game. I should be played on a Saturday starting no later than 7:00 pm EST....thats 4:00 Pacific time which is in the realm of happy hour...so everybody would be happy.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I agree with you, northwinds. Even more people would be happy if we had a FBS playoff, but that ain't happened yet either.
smiley5.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
and we have the "smile that lights up an entire stadium" reference regarding sCam Newton by Brent Musburger. *puke*

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Muskrat gets worse with each year that passes.
smiley11.gif
To quote Steppenwolf "you oughta retire, get outta the way!"

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
first play of the game: catch by Alpha Maehl.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
after fumbling on a sack, sCam misses an open receiver on what should've been a long 3rd down conversion.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
It was nice to see sCam Newton get jacked by the Oregon defender on that play that he fumbled.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i've already lost track of how many times the talking heads have said that Oregon has "great speed."

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
and the first "affletic" drop of the game results in an interception. apparently Varner has "concentrations of stone," too ...
smiley36.gif

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Nice pass by Newton! He really "gunned it" ... to the Oregon defender! I notice that the bug light is off for the moment..

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
and now we have the first"rocket-armed" downfield throw from a black quarterback ... albeit to the wrong team.
smiley2.gif