2009 Pre-Season

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
let's get this started off properly ... Julian Edelman with a 75-yard punt return for a touchdown!
smiley32.gif
Edelmanalso had a team-high 5 catches for 37 yards.
Jason Witten also picked up right where he left off last year, with a touchdown catch in the first quarter of his short night.

also for the Cowboys, Keith Brooking looked good ... he looked like he was shot out of a cannon on a sack of the Raiders JaLardass Russell.
smiley36.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
for the Ravens, Tom Zbikowski had 4 tackles and forced a fumble.

the Cardinals had 3 White wide receivers on the field a lot in the second half, with Lance Long catching 4 balls for 29 yards and had a great block on a running play. Sean Morey had 1 catch for 16, and Jerheme Urban had 1 for 12.

for the Steelers, Tyler Grisham had 1 catch for 7 yards.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Yeah, it was nice seeing the white WRs get playing time tonight. Even though the group of Tirico, "Jaws," and Gruden spent a lot of the second half raving and drooling over Dennis Dickson.

On a positive note, they did give credit to Tyler Plonko (spelling?) after he hurdled Keiwan Ratliff.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Lance Long ended up second on the Cardinals with 5 catches for 48 yards! Not bad for an average white receiver going up against the "world's greatest affletes"!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i'm watching the Pats-Eagles game right now, and trying not to listen to the ebonic-mangling of the English language by the two negroes in the booth ... gud lawd, dey be terble!
smiley36.gif

"sewpa" second-year afflete Jeremy Maclin hasbeen thrown totwo times thus far in the first quarter, and each has been disastrous: offensive pass interference anda dropped pass. simply awful. i don't think Kevin Curtis has anything to worry about, if the decision on who is the go-to receiver is based on merit ... but he does have that debilitating skin condtion, so we know it won't be.

rookie "playmakuh" Jeremy Maclin muffed a punt.

the affirmative action announcers seem to think thattheyoung guysare "doing a good job" and that theirmistakes are "aight" and only happened "becausedey be trying tuh make plays and sheet."

Brady looks sharp.

also, Donovan McNabb looks plain bad in the early going. he's way off target, missing a wide-open Curtis twice and throwing behind multiple receivers, and even hitting a couple of guys in their feet.

finally, Jackson catches a ball and they go awe-struck in the booth. then, Jackson gets a hand-off on an end around and they drool over how "talented he be" and "dat's what we be talkin' 'bout." Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
continued updates:

McNabb overthrows Curtis in the endzone for a touchdown, and the non-black announcer actually said they were surprised that he'd go to Curtis in that situation. the negroes echo his sentiment, saying that "yeah, i doubt we be seein' much uh dat dearn da reguluh season."

of course, the fact that Curtiswas open and McNabb missed him was irrelevant.

seriously. how do more people not notice this crap?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Jimmy,

Wut did dey sey when da white boy edelman took it 2 da house?

lol

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i've not got to that point of the game yet, as i'm trying to see how Brady looks. but i'll make sure to keep you posted. *pun*
smiley2.gif

it's coming up soon, though, as Edelman scored early in the second quarter and it's nearing the end of the first.

one more thing ... the love affair with fat black sumo defensive tackles is disturbing. the "affletic" lard asses at tackle for the Eagles probably couldn't do a single pull-up, or even a push-up for that matter and watching them breathe between snaps is like watching chocolate pudding during an earthquake.

seriously, i'm supposed to believe these guys are "phenomenal athletes" who are in "peak physical condition?" really?

DWFan

Mentor
I wish they'd fill the OL with sumos so Vick could potentially take some good hits.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
here's their reaction as Edelman broke a dude's ankles then accelerated, broke another dude's ankles and burst into the open field where he looked like a bolt of lightning:

"He's gone. Dey ain't gonna like dis."

"Dey's no flags on da play."

"Da problem is you gotcha guys runnin' down der da first time, and dey get called back on a penalty ...dey run down derfull speed and den dey haveta come back and do it again ... and now dey tired. That's a lot to ax of yur punt team."

"Der's no doubt about it. You hate dat as a coach. You jes stand der and go oh boy."

"An as you can see here, coach,dey're not runnin' down wif da same enthusiasm."

"Well, dey're tired. Der's no doubt about that."

the end. nothing whatsoever about Edelman's speed or playmaking ability. other than the initial statement of him going back to field the punt, it's as if the ball magically carried itself through the Eagles and into the endzone.

*vomit*

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
also, for guys who are supposed to be in such great shape ... they sure get tired easily. i mean, they're tired after one sprint? pathetic.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
JC good analysis of the punt return lol. Watching it I couldn't believe the kind of excuses they make for one another

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
they finally talked about Edelman, 3:40 before halftime ... after he makes another catch and run in traffic.

"He's a little like Wes Welker." then there was dismissive laughter.

also, the non-black announcer hasn't pronounced Edelman's name correctly YET![/i] seriously. that has got to be intentional.

smiley87.gif
Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
When Edelman made a 75 yard punt return for a touchdown not one announcer mentioned his name or that he was a rookie trying to make the team...they said nothing about him. When Edelman took a short pass from Brady and made an athletic move while showing speed, the announcer said "that guy", rather than saying his name or anything about him. Absolutely astonishing.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Well, Julian Edelman played very well in his first pre-season game VS. the Eagles. He made the first tackle of the game while playing on the kickoff team. Then, he started at slot receiver in place of Welker, who didn't play. He made the 1st catch of the game from Tom Brady, and finished with 5 catches for nearly 40 yards. He also returned a punt 75 yards for a TD. Moss looked decent, but Galloway let a sure touchdown bounce off his brick hands so hard it almost went into the crowd. I didn't see Galloway catch a single ball, and he was never open. Hopefully Bellichick wises up (for once) and starts Julian in place of this ancient relic.

Naturally, there were numerous caste statements made by the three stooges "commentating"Â￾ on the ETN (Eagles Television Network), Hugh Douglas, Herm Edwards, and former NFL LB Kevin Reilly. Reilly squealed like the caste-piggie he is after McNabb threw a terrible fade pass to Kevin Curtis. Reilly said something to the effect of "well, they must be trying to fool the defense by throwing that type of pass to Curtis in the endzone. During the regular season, you'll never see that pass to Curtis."Â￾ The other two clowns wholeheartedly agreed. I suppose they think smirf-ette Desean Jackson, or the plodding Jason Avant, or the generic Hank Baskett are all somehow more athletic that Curtis?Delusions of grandeur.

When it got to the point in which it was absolutely necessary to compliment Julian Edelman"¦.Reilly, Hugh, and Herm all prefaced their comments by saying "He's a good LITTLE player."Â￾ Gee, I wonder why they never refer to the skinny, wimpy, and very short Desean Jackson as "little."Â￾ Also, after Edelman's awesome punt return TD, they were all screaming how the Eagles were "just fatigued"Â￾ (Barely into the second quarter, mind you). That punt return was the only exciting part of the entire game"¦the rest was boring as hell, with no big plays on offense or defense. The three turds continually mispronounced his name as "ELLDELMEN."Â￾ The three-headed-moron also raved about new Eagles fullback, Leonard Weaver, and were screaming after several 2-3 carries "Weaver is a MAN!"Â￾ over and over. I'm not sure what was so great about the generic plays Weaver made?

In other news, the Patriots all-black defense looked obese and generic. Speaking of obese, newly acquired RT Jason Peters (part of an all-sumo Eagles line) allowed several sacks before leaving with a leg injury. He looked to be upwards of 400 lbs of pure blubber. Almost like a taller version of Grady Jackson or Gilbert Brown. And to think, they let John Runyan walk to make room for this fatso. How humiliating.

All in all, and embarrassing night for the caste Eagles"¦.I've heard rumor of many fans canceling their season ticket due to the Mike Vick signing (a 2-yr deal for over 1 million). They probably would have done the same if the Eagles had signed the "evil"Â￾ Matt Jones.

DWFan

Mentor
Thrashen said:
I've heard rumor of many fans canceling their season ticket due to the Mike Vick signing (a 2-yr deal for over 1 million).

If this is true there is some hope for football fans.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
great post, Thrashen.

i, too, liked the leg "injury" that happened to Peters after he was getting routinely abused. somehow the "injury" was bad enough to prevent him from playing but it didn't prevent him from walking off the field without a limp. weird, huh?
smiley2.gif

it's funny how two guys like us, who aren't paid millions to be "experts" at lying about what we're seeing noticed the exact same things while watching from halfway across the country from each other. it's as if the truth is obvious or something ...

jeez. why can't more people see this crap?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Most people can't see it because they are ignorant, indoctrinated and/or blind to it. Nobody is taught to think independently, and the indoctrination of this groupthink mentality makes it easy to forget that 30-40 years ago, NFL players would never take themselves out of a game, unless they were in real trouble. They played hurt. They were actually tough men. Now, as our society has become as soft as the rotund bellies of 400+ pound black sumos, we think nothing of "God's chosen affletes" taking themselves out of the game because of a broken fingernail. Its another visible sign of how weak our society has become, in my view.
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Nice post, Thrashen.

It wasn't any better on ESPN with the Steelers-Cardinals.Even though the Cards had three white recievers on the field at once.
smiley32.gif
The three caste girls in the booth (Tirico, "Jaws," and John Gruden,) constantly complimented Dennis Dixon, at one point cheering Dixon to run. They were also raving about some backup Steelers RB named Issac Redman. He did score twice (against the crappy 3rd string Cardinals D.) They constantly refered to Tomlin as a great leader, and a great coach. But other than that, I wasn't really listening to the game, so I didn't here a lot of it.

Glad to see that morbidly obese Peters struggle for the Eagles. The Eagles are one of my least favorite teams now besides Curtis. I wonder if McNabb is still looking forward to having this blob of blubber protecting his blindside. About the Patriots, they better score a lot, their defense probably won't be stopping very many teams.Edited by: Jack Lambert

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Well, for the Jets-Rams game tonight, I'm hoping to see Woodhead play some in the 2nd half. I saw three white starters for the Ram's defense tonight, plus Todd Johnson came in during the second quarter.

Austin Collie caught one ball from Peyton Manning for six yards so far. But the Colts have only passed five times total so far tonight. Only two completions.

From the way it looks on NFL.com, Matt Giordano and Jamie Silva got the starts at safety tonight.
smiley32.gif

bigunreal

Mentor
Trying to watch the Jets-Rams game tonight, but it isn't easy. Every time I see one crappy black receiver after another, on both teams, trot into the game, I can't help thinking about Matt Jones and Mike Hass. Wasn't David Ball on the Jets last season? Where is he?

These teams have two of the many atrocious WR corps that permeate the league now. It is an absolute hate crime that Matt Jones, Mike Hass, David Ball, John Standeford, etc., either are unemployed or are struggling to make some team's roster as a 5th receiver. Between the awful "skill" position players and the appallingly out of shape linemen (and an increasing number of LBs, TEs and QBs), it is a farce to hear these mediocre millionaires consistently described as "world class athletes" by the fawning jock-sniffers.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Shockey looks to be back to pro bowl form. DE Jeff Charleston looking good, too bad one of his stops was against Brian Leonard, his only run so far, he caught a pass for a decent gain though. Linebackers Scott Shanle and Fujita look good. Drew Brees had a slow start but looked good the second drive.

as far as Matt Jones, I keep hearing the Cowboys are going to struggle because of no deep threat and looked horrible. They should really think about bringing in Matt Jones. They brought in Pacman. Jones only got busted for coke, and way less than Michael Irvin back in the day.