2007 White RBs

backrow

Hall of Famer
thanks for all your hard work Col. even though i give you a hard time every now and again, you better believe that i appreciate your effort in putting all these stats together!Edited by: backrow

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thanks backrow!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I have to give Colonel Reb a pat on the back as well. He does an amazing job as our college stat guy despite being really busy with school and work. Thanks a million from all of us here at Caste Football.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Luke Lippincott rushed for 187 yards and 4 TDs in Boise State's quadruple overtime win over Nevada.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thanks Don! I totally forgot about that game. Way to run Luke!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Colin Kaepernick , Nevada's QB for the game, looks like he may be a mixture. He ran for 177 yards and 2 TDs.

COLINKAEPERNICKNIKE150.JPG

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i watched the Nevada-Boise State game on the ESPN family of networks, and announcer, "coach" Bill Curry, was atrociously caste in his commentary throughout the game.

Luke Lippincott had a phenomenal game, yet not a single word of praise was to be heard from the mouth of Curry regarding Luke's talents. no, it was always to heap praise on the offensive line whenever Luke made a big play. conversely, when Boise's Ian Johnson made a run, it was all about the newlywed's talent.
smiley11.gif
smiley7.gif

two plays clearly stood out in my mind that exhibit this racist dichotomy of commentary.

the first was on a 72-yard Johnson touchdown run down the sidelines. Johnson was CLEARLY caught from behind by Nevada free safety Justin Jackson (a white athlete). Jackson missed the tackle, but then "coach" Curry went on ad nauseum about Johnson's speed and how slow Jackson was, despite obvious video evidence to the contrary. and i quote:

"He just flat-out out ran Justin Jackson the safety from Nevada... Johnson just out runs the rest of the defense of Nevada. Poor angles. Not very good foot speed."

the video evidence, even on second and third replay, showed that Jackson did NOT have the angle, nor did he get out ran. in fact, he sucked up Johnson like a vacuum cleaner, only to miss the tackle.
smiley5.gif
despite his complete lack of talent, Jackson ended the game with 12 tackles.

now, compare that to Curry's assessment of Luke Lippincott's 32-yard run to start the second half, where the safety CLEARLY had the angle and dragged Luke down by his facemask.

Curry: "Extremely well blocked counter play, and here goes Lippincott into the open field. Does not have great speed. He's run down by Austin Smith."

now then, according to "coach" Bill Curry of ESPN, getting caught from behind means you are faster than the guy who catches you, and being tackled by a man in front of you means you're slow... at least if you are white, anyway.

perhaps that's why he had a losing career record as a head coach.
smiley36.gif
79 wins, 98 losses, and 4 ties. what do you bet that he didn't have many white men playing running back, wide receiver, or defensive back for him?

for the record, the slower-than-my-dead-grandma Luke Lippincott ended the game 187 yards and 4 touchdowns on 31 carries.
smiley32.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Bill Curry is now one of the worst Caste garden tools out there. I can't stand to hear him announce. Curry didn't like players to dance after TDs, and got into some trouble over it with a black receiver at Alabama. He was a decent coach at Georgia Tech and Alabama, but he stunk it up at Kentucky. He has definitely gone over the Caste end in his behind the mic career. I automatically hit the mute button when I hear his voice at the beginning of a broadcast.

whiteCB

Master
Bill Curry is such a tool that he could have his own thread on caste eupherisms.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
it is a VERY eye-opening article, for sure...

after comparing him to Adrian Peterson throughout the piece, it shows just how in-grained the refusal to allow white athletes to play tailback is down near the bottom, when Luke says with his own mouth...
"That's what I plan on doing. What's good about me is I can put on weight and keep my speed. I can be a fullback. I feel like I have pretty good hands."

why would a tailback who is
Blessed with 4.5-second speed in the 40, Lippincott models his game after Minnesota Vikings rookie Adrian Peterson... He's the guy I watch film of,'' Lippincott said. "We're virtually the same size. If there is a back I'm going to mold myself after, it's him. Our running styles are similar."
and averages 5.6 yards per carry in a one-back offense even be CONSIDERED as a fullback.
smiley5.gif

even the talented tailback himself is buying into the perception! NO ONE would ever consider making Adrian Peterson a fullback, so nothing besides skin color would make anyone think of Lippincott as one.
smiley7.gif

whiteCB

Master
Luke seems to me he could be just another YES man as in "yes coach I'll bulk up and play FB". These idiots are the kinds of guys Jason Sehorn was talking about when he said white guys need to speak up and proclaim the position is theirs.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
it is halftime of tonight's Louisville-UConn game, and Brock Bolen has been getting a lot of carries from the tailback spot for the Cardinal in a rainy, nasty evening. at the half, he has 9 carries for 40 yards and 3 catches for 28 yards despite the sloppy field.

also, with the passing game struggling so mightily in the poor weather, UConn's athletic dual-threat quarterback Tyler Lorenzen has rushed 7 times for 39 yards.

a special note: Tyler Lorenzen originally signed with Iowa State where they wanted him to play wide receiver, but he transferred to a JuCo then to UConn. he has some really good wheels.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i don't know what happened to Bolen, but in the second half he played with a heavily wrapped left leg. apparently, he got banged up somehow in the first half.

he didn't run with nearly as much speed and agility in the second half, but i hope the injury isn't serious.

backrow

Hall of Famer
ND State Tyler Roehl is running all over Minnesota, his stats so far (8 minutes left in the second quarter!) are: 8 carries for 132 yards, 16.5 ypc and one 77 yard long run for a TD!

smiley32.gif

EDIT: he just ripped another long run, this time for 69 yards, and his half time stats are: 9-200, 22.2 ypc
smiley36.gif
Edited by: backrow

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Tyler finished with 22 carries for 263 yards and a TD plus 3 catches for 9 yards! Hopefully a real eye-opener for the people of Minnesota.
smiley32.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i attended the Arkansas-Ole Miss game today, and Peyton Hillis just killed people with his blocking and the two very-hyped tailbacks for the Hogs picked up most of their yards running behind him... unfortunately, he didn't get any carries as a tailback.

he did look good catching the ball, though. 4 catches for 60 yards and 1 touchdown. once again, he led the Razorbacks in EVERY receiving category.
smiley32.gif
he also had 4 carries for 18 yards from his fullback spot.

strangely, it appears that despite the fact he is the Razorbacks' top punt returner, he no longer will be doing any of it. he didn't line up to return a single punt today.
smiley5.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
looks like Kyle Bell lost his starting job to Gartrell Johnson III, so far he has 6 carries to Johnson's 17.

Riddlewire

Master
I'm surprised no one has mentioned last week's minor sensation, Luke Lippincott.
Today, he ran 36 times for 241</span> yards and 2TD and caught 4 passes for 20 yards.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Holy Cow! I had no idea. This kid is taking over games single handily. I need to watch him play more. Thanks for the update Riddlewire!

bigman

Guru
Gi-15 said:
from DraftDaddy :

They're damn right to question the move from FB to TB. Question how come he was a FB all this time.

quote:
"His deceptive speed</span> and power cost the Gophers defense,"

but no question that they are well versed in all the right adjectives for such a kid as this.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
since Colonel Reb is bogged down with real life this weekend *laughs* i thought i'd try to help out a little...

Week 7

Division 1A
Chad Hall Air Force continues running rampage through the MWC! 28 carries for 167 yards.
smiley32.gif
also had 2 catches for 4 yards and 1 touchdown.
Kip McCarthy Air Force 3 for 6.
Peyton Hillis Arkansas 4 carries for 18, and 4 catches for 60 yards a 1 touchdown.
Joe Semanoff BYU 2 for 5, and 2 catches for 6.
Dual-Threat Quarterback Dan LeFevour 5 for 31, and threw 2 TDs.
Jake Behrens Colorado NSA.
Kyle Bell Colorado State 14 for 68.
John Mosure Colorado State 1 catch for 9 yards.
Justin Boyle Duke BYE.
Dual-Threat QB Tim Tebow Florida 20 carries for 78 yards and 1 touchdown, threw for 4 touchdowns.
smiley32.gif

Brannan Southerland Georgia BYE.
Jake Sharp Kansas 15 for 53 and a touchdown, also had 6 catches for 18.
Dual-Threat QB Todd Reesing Kansas 7 for 84, and threw for a TD.
Jacob Hester LSU 9 carries for 50 and 2 catches for 6 and 1 touchdown.
Dual-Threat QB Matt Flynn LSU 10 for 34, threw for 3 TDs.
Brock Bolen Louisville 16 for 60, and 5 catches for 32.
Mike Milano Michigan NSA.
Eric Kettani Navy 14 for 75.
Adam Ballard Navy 3 for 11.
Luke Lippincott Nevada 36 carries for 246 yards and 2 touchdowns!
smiley32.gif
also added 4 catches for 20 yards.
Dual-Threat QB Giovanni Vizza North Texas 24 carries for 5 yards. ouch! threw for 1 touchdown in a blowout loss.
Micah Mosley North Texas 3 for 2, and 1 catch for a 30-yard TD.
Asaph Schwapp Notre Dame 1 for 1.
Luke Schmidt 2 for 6.
K.C. Christian Ohio State NSA.
Andy Stewart Oregon State BYE.
Matt Hahn Penn State 5 for 43.
Dan Lawlor Penn State NSA.
Dan Dierking Purdue 1 for -3.
Jacob French San Jose State 8 for 7, and 4 catches for 21.
Dual-Threat QB Matt Grothe South Florida 18 for 58 and a TD, threw 1 touchdown in the loss.
Paul Chiara Syracuse NSA.
Dual-Threat QB Stephen McGee Texas A&M 35 for 167,
smiley32.gif
and threw for a TD.
Dual-threat QB Tyler Lorenzen UConn 10 for 56, and threw for a TD.
Ray Stowers Utah NSA.
K/RB Corbin Louks Utah 3 for 0.
Jared Hawkins Vanderbilt 7 for 5.
Dual-Threat QB Mackenzi Adams Vanderbilt 13 for 84.
Kevin Harris Wake Forest 2 for 4.
Dual-Threat QB Jake Locker Washington 13 for 78, adn threw for 4 TDs.
Owen Schmitt West Virginia 4 for 3, and 2 catches for 13 and 1 touchdown.

Division 1-AA
Chad Kackert New Hampshire 7 for 44.
Sean Jellison New Hampshire 3 for 12.
Keith LeVan New Hampshire 7 catches for 121 yards.
Tyler Roehl North Dakota State 22 for 236 yards and 1 touchdown against the big boys!
smiley32.gif
and 3 catches for 9 yards.
Johnny Sanchez Southern Utah 20 for 74 and a touchdown.
Andrew McCloud Western Kentucky 10 for 39 and 1 touchdown, and 1 catch for -3 yards.

Division II
Danny Woodhead Chadron State 1 carry for 5 yards. Injured on the play.
Ben Stallings Delta State 1 for 2.
WR/RB Chad Schroeder Delta State 3 runs for 12, and 10 catches for 88.
James Berezik Grand Valley State 10 for 57 and a touchdown.

Division III
Nate Kmic Mount Union 26 for 113.